Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins  (Read 5484 times)
daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:14:14 AM

Best time to sell altcoins is when your profit target is achieved. That's the only way you can get maximum benefit from your investment. We don't sell altcoins just because there is small downward price of a coin.
Well, we have to have a clear target price, should not expect too high on the market price, so focus on research and price tracking, if there are profits you sell them, do not wait long. Their prices fluctuate often we will not anticipate.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:29:05 AM

Well, we have to have a clear target price, should not expect too high on the market price, so focus on research and price tracking, if there are profits you sell them, do not wait long. Their prices fluctuate often we will not anticipate.
What if my target price has been achieved? And still the market continues to grow? My target profit exceeds? Should I hold or sell? Becasue the profit is much bigger and it is very regretful if you sell it.
iASIC

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

AMA BCT

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:50:04 AM

Today's market has rebounded and the prices of coin have risen sharply. Although the market turns green and prices have changed, the price of the altcoin is still low. I advise you not to sell at this time. The market will grow and you have the opportunity to make a big profit in the future.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:02:12 AM

I think buy and selling strategy really depend upon many things such as at what point you bought it and how much crypto profit are you having as such. If you getting any profit from it then you are just fine to do a sell. If you know the nature of a coin that you are holding then you should change your sell habit that way. For example, a very stable coin could be good for long term holding such ETH, ADA etc. And if you think the coin is too much unstable then you can make sing trades out of it and earn profits over the time. For example TRX and XVG are of these category. So you should change the strategies according to the coin nature itself.
Dwarf42

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:07:58 AM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
I believe that if you are holding altcoin at this point you should sell altcoin, you can see that today's bitcoin price after touching the $ 7600 level has immediately dropped sharply to $ 200 and is now at the landmark. $ 7400. According to my analysis, the bitcoin price will probably be around $ 7200 and this will be the lowest level in this correction phase and expect a short-term downtrend.
giovinco

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:45:28 AM

It all depends on what are you planning to buy for those altcoins. If its BTC then its better to wait for a lower BTC price.
Apart from that lower market cap altcoins aka. sh$tcoins tend to depreciate rapidly so convert them as soon as you mine them.
If you own higher market cap altcoins, keep then until there is a price spike or until BTC price is very low.
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

One strategy is to buy altcoins when Bitcoin domination percentage is high, let's say above 50%, meaning that altcoins are relatively cheap compared to bitcoin and we are expecting that they will soon start rising compared to Bitcoin and Bitcoin's domination will fall so having altcoins will be more profitable than hodling bitcoin.
On the other hand selling altcoins is good idea when Bitcoin domination is low, let's say below 39%. You can find this information on coinmarketcap at the very top. This strategy is for long term trading, not daily trading.

If you're day-trading, then you can determine when to sell with technical analysis and by watching volume - usually when volume starts falling, the price will start falling as well.

vladimir273

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:07:05 AM

The best time to sell your altcoins is when they have brought you at least some profit.
LooBaao

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:33:35 PM

Today's market has rebounded and the prices of coin have risen sharply. Although the market turns green and prices have changed, the price of the altcoin is still low. I advise you not to sell at this time. The market will grow and you have the opportunity to make a big profit in the future.
To say the market is strong, it is the end of the year. End of this year the market will boom, the altcoin will soar so now you do not sell your pennies to the market, if you sell now you will regret it in the future. That's the guess of many people, not myself.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:47:19 PM

It all depends on what are you planning to buy for those altcoins. If its BTC then its better to wait for a lower BTC price.
Apart from that lower market cap altcoins aka. sh$tcoins tend to depreciate rapidly so convert them as soon as you mine them.
If you own higher market cap altcoins, keep then until there is a price spike or until BTC price is very low.

If you want to invest on the good altcoin you can check the coinmarketcap website to confirm which is having potential to bump in the market and after the choose some cheap tokens also aside to get the profit. If you are find the identify these things.
Then no need to check the other things while on altcoins. I do not why this thread has been opened up.
All the time utlize your fiat cash to buy the coins as much you can. That is only thing help us better.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:03:15 PM

Best Time to Sell Altcoins as soon as you see that the price has went up by more than one to two percent, that is what i usually do when i see a good profit in one of those coins that i bought before.
Before buying any coin we should set ourselves up for how much to buy and what is the selling price. If there is such a clear goal we will try to achieve and patiently wait. This will make you less fearful. Today's investment market will become more difficult than before.
dadabosade67

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

Best time to sell is when you achieve your target. Try to pursue small profit and don't let the greed take the lead. One more thing, alts usually pump during the last months of the year
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:31:24 PM

You must calculate your capital on that coin first, for example now the price has given you profit 30 % from your capital, i think that is good time to sell your coins. If you want more profit, you may wait for few days again. But, remember that the price can be bubbled anytime, try to satisfy with less of profit and not to be greedy.

Yes. If I personally buy when the price goes back down and sells when the price goes back but even if the price goes up again for example I will not sell everything but I sell it as needed to rest, I hold more while waiting for the others. Price increases at relatively large prices
Chicryptomama

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

It all depends on your trading goals. If you do short term trading,it's best to sell when it's at it's peak using your indicators but if u're in for the long term then it's best to wait till the end of the year as most altcoins reach their max potential at that period.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:08:21 PM

Best time to sell is when you achieve your target. Try to pursue small profit and don't let the greed take the lead. One more thing, alts usually pump during the last months of the year
I agree with you . Before buying alts, you should consider the profit you will make and the amount of losses that you will receive. I think most when the green market everyone starts to buy and always have psychological comfort when the market is green but when the market red unexpectedly they will be in the dark for fear of losing profits and will sell all to preserve the property

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:17:27 PM

if I think the best time to sell altcoin coins is when the altcoin price rises even though the increase is not drastic if when doing a very good trade in order to get a good profit
amih

Merit: 17

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 
yes, of course the thing I am going to do is the first to find accurate information about altcoin that I will invest. if it has a good chance for the long term, of course I will keep it for a long time. but if seen from the price movement that continues to decline I better sell it immediately. because if I'm going to keep it I do not think it will do any good.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:29:13 PM

I am using systematic investment plan while investing and even while selling my investments and this is applicable not only to Bitcoin but altcoins too. This plan emphasizes on buying smaller units at a higher frequency of time when the price is declining and selling when the price is rising on the market wall in the same way as per the purchase but in reverse order. So if you are purchasing in 20%, 30%, 50% then while selling one should go with 50%, 30% and 20% to take advantage of every price level in the best possible way.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:36:20 AM

Best time to sell altcoins is when your profit target is achieved. That's the only way you can get maximum benefit from your investment. We don't sell altcoins just because there is small downward price of a coin.
I personally make use of support and resistance in my trade and the good thing about the market and knowing how to trade easily is to be able to identify support and resistance in every market which will always make you to trade effectively.

Most times, what I do is to make use of the RSI or stoch indicator to know an overbought spot and then rule out all my support and resistance line as they can still serve the same purpose depending on the movement of the market at any time. The idea is buying at support with a stop loss below the support level and sells at resistance, with a stop loss above the resistance level. Clearly, this makes things easy for a trade setup.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:33:47 AM

Depends on the coin, check the road map and see if there are any major features coming up and then hodl until release date. Otherwise, if the price has gone flat and there is no pump expected then dump it and switch to something with more liquidity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: