Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins  (Read 5491 times)
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:15:08 PM

Probably in the end of an Alt Season  Grin Just a small piece of problem, it is hard to predict when it is going to happen. Usualy in the end of the Year however.
Well so hard to predict the value when it will rise so the best moment to sell is when already earned profit. It is simple the way you could collect profit dont sell when losing money. But with that patience is your key in this market those altcoins of up and low price.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
bitterguy28

Activity: 2058
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 11:15:25 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

Selling altcoins are depends on your decision as holder's, if you feel to yourself enough earning you can get in your altcoin  sell it or if you need to sell it because need an money to spent for your family sell it, but all of these suggestion if you not need money do not sell your altcoins as your investment surely you can received a lot of  profits in the future.

Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:24:34 PM

Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

the best time to sell your coins is when you already got a profit, you need to have a target for profit. example, if you bought from ico or you actually bought from exchange and price has increased, you can sell if you want. because the price can drop anytime.
Altcoin has no restriction like other cryptocurrencies and you can sell anytime if you are in profit because you are here for profit while you can sell if you are in loss but that is irrelevant and invalid for an investor or trader because investors are here for profit and they want to earn suing Bitcoins, Altcoin and many more. If you want to get profit then buy at low price and sell at high price in a high market.
perfect999

Activity: 1624
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:57:41 AM

we will try to reach and patiently wait. This will make you less afraid. The investment market today will be more difficult than ever. Before buying a coin, we have to set ourselves how much to buy and what the selling price. there must be a clear purpose
It is always said that there is a right time to do everything. Same is the case when it comes to that of the selling of the crypto coins. There is no way that you can sell them anytime you want to as do so can also make you suffer. You must wait for the time when you can see the market value of the crypto coins going this much higher which can then bring some good money for you before even thinking of selling of your altcoins.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:21:28 AM

I will tell you a bit of my experience playing with atlcoin from 2014. we have to pay attention to the risk is to maximize profit or we will go bankrupt. why do I say so? because the movement of altcoin is very fluctuating. we can not guess the price that will be through it any how, but we can estimate the price will be naiik or down. for altcoin andqa trading should have some capital large enough to avoid losses. in choosing altcoin also you should really know about the dev altcoin. I'm not saying that altcoin trade is always profitable, but if you can pick a good coin and read a candle chart well then the profits will often be obtained  Cheesy
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

Best time to sell any kind of assets is around end of the year. I said end of the year because when the end of the year is about to approach the price of crypto assets will usually go high and when we’re moving to a new year, it drops. I believe the reason why this happens is because investors take a break by that time. But don’t take my word for it, cause this doesn’t happen at all times. If you feel you should sell anytime the price is dropping to cut off the loss, then you can still do that.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:28:08 AM

There is n oparticular time (exept the overall growth and fall) for all coins to sell or all good to buy now, so its different
Most times I prefer to leave my money till the end of the year before withdrawing. And sometimes I just withdraw without minding the price rate as of then… or I can make a withdrawal whenever the price is going down so that I don’t make much loss. I can withdraw my money and hold it as fiat and a when price drops to lowest I will invest back and watch it grow again.
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:38:35 AM

I prefer just hold my altcoins and wait for update historical price maximums by the cryptocurrencies market. I try to sell them only in green market and according to good news about them.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:48:28 AM

Well, we have to have a clear target price, should not expect too high on the market price, so focus on research and price tracking, if there are profits you sell them, do not wait long. Their prices fluctuate often we will not anticipate.
What if my target price has been achieved? And still the market continues to grow? My target profit exceeds? Should I hold or sell? Becasue the profit is much bigger and it is very regretful if you sell it.

This is why sometimes you need to make use of stop loss and be very careful as well so as to make use of indicators to know the possibility of a reversal. Never get greedy in a very volatile market, as long as you have made very good profit, let that be good enough for you and move to other markets where you may have the chances to take a lesser risk. Always ask yourself this; what are the chances that the value can drop hugely after you have made profit and have not taken it.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

The best time to sell altcoins is when it hit your target price. You don't need to wait for moon as it may not come but when you have a target price in mind then you can easily let go of that coin.
Yeah, or when you strategy to sell is already playing out. Normally, we always have what we look for as a trader and most of the time, the best way to sell an altcoin is to have a specific target and stick to it without being too greedy. It is not easy to time a market but at least, you can make use of the movement in the market to do yourself some good since you have bought during accumulation phase and you are already making huge profit.

The best time to sell altcoin is when btc increases slowly. We will sell it and get it. I trade a lot and I see that!
If you are looking at when bitcoin increases slowly, then you may actually not be getting it right. The thing is that I do not day trade or do short term trading, but for trend following, just let bitcoin be in an uptrend and then be stable, then it makes it easy to look at altcoins and then buy into them, and as they keep going up, monitor their trend as well as that of btc, once bitcoin trend is changing or theirs is changing, that is the perfect time to get out of them.
reronggo

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

In this case, i prefer to sell altcoin when the bitcoin price litlle bit down and ofcourse the altcoin price also in green percentage. When i have some altcoins, i watch them one by one, i do an observation to that coin. If i think that coin should be hold, why not? I'll hold them for moment. Absolutely when i think i have profit by selling my coins, i'll sell them because i want to minimize the risk of holding them.
Dukjila

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:01:25 PM

In my opinion, it is necessary to sell altcoins when they came out after ICO on large exchanges. But this is not the rule, you can try to keep the token if there is confidence in it.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:33:06 PM

In my opinion, it is necessary to sell altcoins when they came out after ICO on large exchanges. But this is not the rule, you can try to keep the token if there is confidence in it.
Its not the rule, but cause most of the investors and bounty hunters dump their tokens on first exchange that accepts them, price falls, its like that with almost all icos, I don`t know any ico that hold the same price from the start. Its like that with icos, with bitcoin and altcoins the best time for selling is when prices are on top, if you can catch tops for selling and later you buy at bottom you buy when prices are on bottom you will make high profit. Its difficult to catch tops and bottoms, if you sell or buy close to them you will make significant profit.
I prefer just hold my altcoins and wait for update historical price maximums by the cryptocurrencies market. I try to sell them only in green market and according to good news about them.
I`m here 3 years almost, prices hit all times high and drop after that, then prices take a break and after some time they hit new all times high again. Its trading, more profit you make if you sell on ath and buy back at the bottom, how to do that is just practice, nothing more.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:37:57 PM

Nowadays, it's really hard to make a position about how long we can hold our tokens/alt coins, as the value really fluctuates a lot and sometimes it's move downwards after the ico, better to look for it's purposes and if that can be reached if the developers is so ambitious to succeed then holding such coins for much longer time is still possible probably the earnings is more decent than selling it right away.
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

if we as day traders or short-term investments, of course we do not have to hold tokens or coins we have for long, when we buy coins when prices fall and coins have gone up, there is no harm if for example we sell and wait for coins to lower the price again we can buy it back, or we can buy another altcoin, which us think the coin will be profitable also for us.

thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

I don't think there's a particular period in a year, month or week an altcoin can be sold or bought. All you need to do is to set your entry point and your exit point. However, one's exit point is another person entry point.

Always remember this:
1. Buy what you have to buy,
2. Sell what you have to sell, and
3. Hold what you have to hold
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 07:48:52 PM

Altcoins behave and used to move differently in their trending pattern. Some altcoins move up and down based on their technical trending pattern and some is more addicted towards news and major corporate announcements. The best time to sell altcoins is not above their ICO price instead try to sell them when they are trading above their expected value price or you can also use Fibonacci retracement and extensions tool to find the Fibonacci levels to sell the altcoins on the best price because Fibonacci tools work everywhere.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:37:02 PM

You can sell the best altcoin at its peak price and buy it at the bottom, but it is not easy to select the buy and sell zone as it depends on the market trend. So the choice of a good point of sale that I usually use is when coins have good news and big events.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
meusyou

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

These questions are best answered by you. You are the one that know your target profit margin, once that is attained you should sell and never look back. That's what works for me.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:59:20 PM

Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ??  

I think nobody can recommend when is the right time for you to sell Bitcoin.  Because, the price of pure Bitcoin created by supply and demand (unpredictable).  But definitely, sell your Bitcoin when the price is above the purchase price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: