Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

Great job Eric and team! Do we know if the gaming community is aware of this? If not, how do we get the articles into their respective communities and publications?

Also, is it possible for Coindesk to make the article a headliner? It's hard to see on the right.

YC

I just came across this:
http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/digital-currency-online-gaming-digibyte-wallet/

I'm sure Eric will be commenting soon! (My post is shorter so beat him to it) ;p

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 10:04:46 PM

Great job Eric and team! Do we know if the gaming community is aware of this? If not, how do we get the articles into their respective communities and publications?

Also, is it possible for Coindesk to make the article a headliner? It's hard to see on the right.

YC

I just came across this:
http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/digital-currency-online-gaming-digibyte-wallet/

I'm sure Eric will be commenting soon! (My post is shorter so beat him to it) ;p

I think that we can use social media and word of mouth at the moment to let the gaming community start to learn about it.  Remember, the gaming wallet is just the beginning of the DGB Gaming services, so as additional features  and aspects of DigiByte Gaming are developed and released, I think we'll be able to reach more and more of the gaming community.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 11:44:13 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 11:58:23 PM by Jumbley

i never mined a coin before but i'm thinking of mining DGB .
How much would it cost me to get started  and would it be worth it ?
If you were to mine sha or scrypt and you were to sell what you mined immediately on the open market, then the answer to 'would it be worth it?' would currently have to be no, it would cost you more than you were getting in return. ( actually scrypt mining I believe might still fall into being profitable still when compared to bitcoin but is less profitable than mining litecoin.)

However, by mining on these algorithms and holding your proceeds, is a gamble that could pay off, especially if more of us were doing it.
This would support our network and help towards making it less viable to mine and dump, even for people using the most efficient hardware available, eventually they would have to support a higher price.
The more people doing this with small machines that don't cost the earth to run so it is affordable and sustainable to them, the better and you would actively be doing something to support our distributed network and help protect your investment, earning you entitlement to the ranks of the 'DigiByte Knights.'  IMO.

There is very little you can do more to support DigiByte than mine it and that is extended to any of the algorithms!
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 01:18:46 AM

I wish we had a block explorer that was always up to date and correct.
but the people dream of 100sat or in other words a $1million "Investment"...

by the way, where is the video-statement? I think it was called "early next week"

Still working on editing the video. We had to remake a studio and green screen as the previous one was moved. Stay tuned.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:22:00 AM

This has to be a very useful site, when looking at an instantaneous picture. You can see what the overall current mining effort is on each of the algorithms. It would be very useful to take this information and make up charts and include them in DigiStats.info, if you are watching 'Bitkapp.'
http://www.whattomine.com/asic

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:45:54 AM

by the way, where is the video-statement? I think it was called "early next week"

Still working on editing the video. We had to remake a studio and green screen as the previous one was moved. Stay tuned.
Yes, making video's can take an age if you want them to look half decent, not something that has always bothered me.  Smiley

I'm sure loads of people would complain if you posted a video, siting on the couch in your underwear, whatever you said.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:01:44 AM

Hold you digibytes, Jared is working a lot, so much new stuff to come for DGB, remember bitcoin made it after 4 years, have some patience Smiley.

Mining as much as I can to prevent more dump but not mining SHA and Scrypt, only the GPU algos. I have already saved over 100 million coins being dumped on the exchanges because I believe in this project so much!
Hardcore! Tell us about your setup Tamilee, if you wouldn't mind and how long you have been mining DigiByte.
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:07:45 AM

A green screen! Can you edit in at least one car chase, some explosions and a shoot out? If not, just some verbal updates will be fine.  Cheesy
Verias

Activity: 351

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:30:43 PM

really hoping video update will be today...
leaving on vacation tommorow and would hate it if i have to wait 2 weeks to see it
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:35:48 PM

A green screen! Can you edit in at least one car chase, some explosions and a shoot out? If not, just some verbal updates will be fine.  Cheesy

They should borrow some sunshine girls from member Gunther Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=208&v=XAsRzrEb_uM
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:09:15 PM

really hoping video update will be today...
leaving on vacation tommorow and would hate it if i have to wait 2 weeks to see it

Don't hold your breath. These things always take longer than expected.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:12:46 PM

i never mined a coin before but i'm thinking of mining DGB .
How much would it cost me to get started  and would it be worth it ?
If you were to mine sha or scrypt and you were to sell what you mined immediately on the open market, then the answer to 'would it be worth it?' would currently have to be no, it would cost you more than you were getting in return. ( actually scrypt mining I believe might still fall into being profitable still when compared to bitcoin but is less profitable than mining litecoin.)

However, by mining on these algorithms and holding your proceeds, is a gamble that could pay off, especially if more of us were doing it.
This would support our network and help towards making it less viable to mine and dump, even for people using the most efficient hardware available, eventually they would have to support a higher price.
The more people doing this with small machines that don't cost the earth to run so it is affordable and sustainable to them, the better and you would actively be doing something to support our distributed network and help protect your investment, earning you entitlement to the ranks of the 'DigiByte Knights.'  IMO.

There is very little you can do more to support DigiByte than mine it and that is extended to any of the algorithms!

Using the US average electricity cost as our basis, DGB needs to be priced around 200 SAT to break even, and that's hardware independent - it's the same for all the algos thanks to the adjusted reward coding - and that's before you ever start paying off your hardware investment. Let's not forget that another one of our main reasons for going after gamers is the fact that they have their hardware already paid for and that mining when their not playing could be extra bucks for them, ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE IN IT FOR THE LONG TERM!

The only people making money are the industrial miners in Iceland (the main argument for swapping out sha and scrypt - it's just not fair and they're hurting us), and those who pirate their electricity.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:25:27 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 05:54:43 PM by HR

I've got a rough draft . . . that's a little bit different from what I originally mentioned - I wasn't able to develop a list of 10, in fact, I had to drop 2 of my initial 7 and couldn't get beyond 5, and they're the only coins I would currently be involved in.

http://asistec-ti.com/tba/originalemail.htm

Let me know what you think. Please pick it apart and be as critical as you can (with both the e-mail and the related updates and additional materials on the website). Have no mercy. It's in all of our interests!

I'm going to be "out of the office" until the end of the week - so time you've got - and then I hope to begin sending it out either by the weekend or early next week at the latest.

Edit: I've added a new thread on the forum for comments if you think you might end up cluttering here. http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=6 Remember that you can send me a PM as well. TIA

Estimated Long Term Appreciation Potential... how long term is this, 10 year, 25 year, 100 year? Looks over optimistic in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of the coin choices with Digibyte being the one with the largest potential but 50000 to 1?
Other remark, logo and website look like they ran away from the late 80s early 90s, maybe freshen them up a bit Wink

Nevertheless, appreciate what you're doing, keep up the great work!

As for the Digibyte promotion you guys really need to learn how "to stunt" Remember the Doge nascar car? That's how you get media attention... I've seen DGB team is trying to raise funds to get the word out on cryptocoinnews and coindesk, does this mean the DGB team is actually broke and doesn't even have 200$ to spend anymore?

DGB has it all tech wise to become a leader, what it lacks imho is a sponsor to put this brilliant coin into the spotlight. DGB deserves mainstream attention, lots of it!

I still hadn't written up how I arrive at my figures when you posted here, but now it's available!

Asistec TI Price Target Calculations – Abridged Version

It's another way of arriving at the same figure basically, as DigiByte does with the 1:1000 ratio.

Why use DigiByte?

Security: DigiByte uses five highly advanced cryptographic algorithms.

Speed: DigiByte transaction notifications occur in 1-3 seconds, blocks are discovered every thirty seconds and transactions are fully confirmed every 3 minutes. Future planned upgrades will make these times even faster.

Fees: Most DigiByte to DigiByte transactions are free or carry a very small network-mining fee to incentivize people to mine.

Worldwide: DigiBytes are already stored, traded and transacted in over 89 countries.

Decentralization: There is no need for a middleman or third party or central server.

Re-Spend: Send DigiBytes you received to someone else in as little as three minutes.

Finite Production: New DigiBytes are added to the network every thirty seconds through a process called mining as each new block (or grouping of transactions in a spreadsheet like format) is discovered by the network.

Scarcity: 21 Billion DigiBytes will be created in 21 years.

1% Monthly New Minting Reduction: New DigiByte production decreases 1% every month.

Mining: DigiByte mining is decentralized with five independent, highly secure mining algorithms.

Adaptable, innovative & flexible: DigiByte is constantly adding new features & services to remain on the cutting edge of digital currency technology.

Committed Development: DigiByte has been under constant, progressive development for over one year now with core development team members from all over the world.

Millennial Acquisition Potential: DigiByte provides merchants, banks & other legacy institutions with a new means of acquiring & connecting with tech savvy millennial users.

A Bright Future: DigiByte has many new & exciting projects underway to be released throughout 2015 to increase DigiByte utility and new user adoption across the globe.

DigiByte vs. Bitcoin

Security: 5 DigiByte mining algorithms vs. 1 Bitcoin algorithm.
  • DigiByte mining is much more decentralized.
  • DigiByte mining algorithms can be changed out in the future to prevent centralization.

Speed:  DigiByte transactions occur much faster that Bitcoin transactions.
  • 1-3 second transaction notifications.
  • 30 second DigiByte blocks vs. 10 minute Bitcoin blocks.
  • DigiBytes are confirmed after 3 minutes vs. 1 hour with Bitcoins.

Transaction Volume: DigiByte can handle many more transactions per second.
  • Bitcoin can only handle 7 transactions per second.
  • DigiByte currently can handle 140 transactions per second.
  • Future DigiByte upgrades will push transaction limit to several thousand per second.

Total Supply: More DigiBytes, lower price, more micro transactions, better price stability.
  • 21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
  • Only 21 million Bitcoin will be created over 140 years.
  • 1:1000 ratio. 1 Bitcoin for every 1000 DigiBytes.

Flexibility: Ability to quickly add new features.
  • DigiByte can add new features & upgrades much quicker than Bitcoin.
  • Future DigiByte upgrades will push transaction limit to several thousand per second.

Marketability & Usability: DigiByte is an easy brand to market to consumers.
  • DigiBytes are much cheaper to acquire.
  • $1 - $10 long-term price target per DigiByte.
  • Send 5 DigiBytes instead of 0.005 Bitcoin.

What do you think BTC might be worth? ;-)

If we were 1:1000 now, DGB would be worth 100,000 SAT or $.276 USD, now. That's already 3,700 times current price!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:52:17 PM

Thanks to everyone who has already posted and sent messages regarding the DGB Gaming Wallet press release.  The press release has been a very successful project.

I'm happy to announce that the press release was published today on CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/digital-currency-online-gaming-digibyte-wallet/

The people at CoinDesk were great - gracious, helpful, and supportive.  Please show them some love by using those social media links (they add those to every press release).  Share it, like it, etc..

I want to extend my personal thanks to everyone who contributed to the project: frottirzokni, 24hralttrade, benjamoyne, CryptoRaver, Eric, and 4 anonymous contributions. We have such a great DGB community.  we raised over 700,000 DGB from community contributions, and I'm also happy to announce that we will be able to return approximately 25% of the contributions.  The unused DGB will be divided proportionally based on the percent of your original contribution and returned (probably tomorrow or Friday at the latest).

We have lots to celebrate with all the good news and ongoing DGB development.  Not only the press release for the DGB Gaming Wallet, but the upcoming video announcements, ongoing development, and exceptional community support for DigiByte.

Thanks to all of you.

Cheers,

Eric

That's one Bad Ass write up! Will the person who wrote that please stand up and take a bow?

And with all that DigiByte is, how in the world can it be trading at 26 SAT  Huh  Huh  Huh

I think we'd better take a real good hard look at just who is capable of mining and selling at those levels and then addressing the issue as directly and decisively as possible (putting another feather in DGB's cap at the same time). Let's just do it. It's a real issue that must be addressed and the sooner the better.

Cheers, and, again, who wrote that?!?!?!?!

Great job!

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:00:16 PM

I've got a rough draft . . . that's a little bit different from what I originally mentioned - I wasn't able to develop a list of 10, in fact, I had to drop 2 of my initial 7 and couldn't get beyond 5, and they're the only coins I would currently be involved in.

http://asistec-ti.com/tba/originalemail.htm

Let me know what you think. Please pick it apart and be as critical as you can (with both the e-mail and the related updates and additional materials on the website). Have no mercy. It's in all of our interests!

I'm going to be "out of the office" until the end of the week - so time you've got - and then I hope to begin sending it out either by the weekend or early next week at the latest.

Edit: I've added a new thread on the forum for comments if you think you might end up cluttering here. http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=6 Remember that you can send me a PM as well. TIA

Estimated Long Term Appreciation Potential... how long term is this, 10 year, 25 year, 100 year? Looks over optimistic in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of the coin choices with Digibyte being the one with the largest potential but 50000 to 1?
Other remark, logo and website look like they ran away from the late 80s early 90s, maybe freshen them up a bit Wink

Nevertheless, appreciate what you're doing, keep up the great work!

As for the Digibyte promotion you guys really need to learn how "to stunt" Remember the Doge nascar car? That's how you get media attention... I've seen DGB team is trying to raise funds to get the word out on cryptocoinnews and coindesk, does this mean the DGB team is actually broke and doesn't even have 200$ to spend anymore?

DGB has it all tech wise to become a leader, what it lacks imho is a sponsor to put this brilliant coin into the spotlight. DGB deserves mainstream attention, lots of it!

Hi TenaciousC.  I want to second the official response made by DigiByte above.

I assume you are referring to The DigiByte Group in your post when you refer to "raising some funds" and "getting the word out."  The DigiByte Group https://digibytegroup.com/ is a community organization.  We work to promote and develop DGB in any way that we can (through social media, through CoinDesk press releases and advertising, and with other non-fundraising projects).

If you look at the DigiByte Group FAQ (on the "About Us" page), you will see that we are a community organization, not formally affiliated with the with the DigiByte Development team (in any business way), and we do not attempt to influence or otherwise manipulate the direction of DGB development.  The DigiByte Group is community driven and community funded. Reading further on that page you will also see that we never use contributions for any purpose other than the stated project, and we never profit from community contributions.

If you remember, the DOGE funding of Josh Wise in NASCAR was also a community project.  They raised at least $55,000 in community contributions.  That money was not paid by the DOGE development team or from their development budget.  It was contributed by members of the DOGE community.

I would love to eventually have projects at that scale done through the DigiByte Group.  And, we have a great community - so I'm sure that eventually we will be able to do so.  However, we are starting a bit smaller and we are working up to bigger projects.  And, we do have a few ideas for the future ...  In the short term, I hope to be able to begin monthly DGB community challenges/contests very soon.

I have 100% confidence in the management and development of DigiByte.  They're working, developing, and doing exactly what they should be to position DGB as a leader.  I plan to continue our work with the DigiByte Group to continue to support them, however possible, and continue to work with our great DGB community.

If you, or anyone else, has any other questions about The DigiByte Group, or would like any additional information.  Please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Eric

Sounds great, thanks for taking the time to clarify this!
DGB is surrounded by so many good professional and capable people, it keeps on amazing me we're still trading this coin under 500 sat... hence we're not even at a 10th of that atm Sad

Personally I hold several BTC worth of DGB and I'll continue to buy more at these prices, long term this is a no brainer, great profit is to be made!
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:14:47 PM

And with all that DigiByte is, how in the world can it be trading at 26 SAT  Huh  Huh  Huh

Nobody is interested on digibytes, thats a fact. you can also generate all 21 billion in one step and distribute free of charge, that is the same as now. this would be more environmentally friendly.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:30:36 PM

Nobody is interested on digibytes, thats a fact. you can also generate all 21 billion in one step and distribute free of charge, that is the same as now. this would be more environmentally friendly.

If you were a circus clown.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:23:48 PM

qubit miners are the ones rubbing their hands together with glee,as it looks to me. I don't know, but maybe it could even be mined profitably using cloud services.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:25:22 PM

Seems like much too large of a community to see the price down so low, no?

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:31:17 PM

Seems like much too large of a community to see the price down so low, no?
yes and no. Nobody is too keen to push the price up while so much dgb appears to be being dumped at market. We would rather buy up what is being dumped at silly prices, I guess.
Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: