Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Verias

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:17:54 AM

who cares who dumped his coins.
everyone is free to make his own choice.

DGB is a long term project ,
if the price is 40 sat or 50 sat now in my opinion that doesn't really matter much.

the one that dumped his coins made somone els happy with alot of dgb.

now lets leave this behind and focus on page 1000 of this topic Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TRiLiXi

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:06:28 PM

Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:06:23 PM

Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!

Did you send any Digibytes to the wallet?
Did you try to take out your battery and restart?

I dont think there is a way to backup your keys without a wallet.
Maybe try to find the files on your phone. Copy them to your computer.Delete Digibyte wallet and download a new wallet and then replace your files. (Risky)

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Dennahz

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:21:33 PM

Can't you access your wallet.dat with a fileexplorer? The wallet has to store it's data somewhere, right?
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:25:37 PM

TRiLiXi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:26:16 PM

Can't you access your wallet.dat with a fileexplorer? The wallet has to store it's data somewhere, right?

I wish it was that simple.  Unfortunately the android wallet doesnt work that way.  I tried to locate the wallet file(s) but could not find anything Sad
TRiLiXi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:33:27 PM

Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!

Maybe try to find the files on your phone. Copy them to your computer.Delete Digibyte wallet and download a new wallet and then replace your files. (Risky)

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 05:46:14 PM

Placed a new thread @ http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php/topic,51.0.html

Guys,

thanks!

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
TRiLiXi

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:07:11 PM

Thanks!
Makezzila

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

Hello. I got some questions
1. What value regard per block?
2. Regard per block it is identical at all algo?
3. Anyone can get normal miner for algo skein? My algo load CPU at 100%. Cpu is Athlon 2 270 3.4ggz
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:28:56 PM

I wish it was that simple.  Unfortunately the android wallet doesnt work that way.  I tried to locate the wallet file(s) but could not find anything Sad

That's a little scary.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:07:06 PM

That's a little scary.

Have not been able to use my android wallet for a while now. I can't even get it to run on my phone anymore. It downloads and then informs me that the package is not signed correctly and won't install. When I first installed it, all seemed well and then one day I realized it would not send half its contents because apparently there was an unconfirmed transaction in it. I never put much dgb in it because all this stuff is new and has not been thoroughly tested yet, so i just uninstalled it and tried to re-install after the latest update but so far, I just get the same message. This would all be very frustrating if I actually needed it. I guess we should start collecting all the issues and bugs in the other forum and hopefully get some of this nailed down or it's possibly going to do more damage to dgb than good.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 09:41:22 PM

https://fortune.com/2015/05/13/this-company-wants-you-to-tip-musicians-in-bitcoin/

@Jared, Maybe have a look at this for Digibytetip.

bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

With regards to all the comments about the mobile wallets. The new iOS wallet works fine i.e. it opens up and processes transactions the only problem is that I can't seem to open up the QR code scanner. I've got an iPhone 5c so maybe you guys could have a look at that? I don't know if its just my phone but feedback is key to any app's success so hope it helps!

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:13:48 PM

Guys,

thanks!

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device

Did you ever back up the wallets keys at any point?

You will need to root your phone if you havent already. Then look for the following folders.

Code:
/data/data/de.schildbach.wallet.digibyte/

and copy key-backup-base58 onto the pc or somewhere it can be opened like a text file. It should list all your private keys.

Have not been able to use my android wallet for a while now. I can't even get it to run on my phone anymore. It downloads and then informs me that the package is not signed correctly and won't install. When I first installed it, all seemed well and then one day I realized it would not send half its contents because apparently there was an unconfirmed transaction in it. I never put much dgb in it because all this stuff is new and has not been thoroughly tested yet, so i just uninstalled it and tried to re-install after the latest update but so far, I just get the same message. This would all be very frustrating if I actually needed it. I guess we should start collecting all the issues and bugs in the other forum and hopefully get some of this nailed down or it's possibly going to do more damage to dgb than good.

Usually would not be allowed to upload the apk to the play store if its signed incorrectly but you could try and directly install the APK which is hosted here

https://mega.co.nz/#!PoVDCI7A!Vkkn9neKyQty67d10YBc53fFhpJ-JnEFKB7jDs64c2U

Remember that no matter what wallet you run to ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:46:50 AM

Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!
Do you receive any sort of message when it stops working and crashes?

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:35:41 AM

Guys,

thanks!

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device

You will need to root your phone if you havent already. Then look for the following folders.

Code:

and copy key-backup-base58 onto the pc or somewhere it can be opened like a text file. It should list all your private keys.

http://www.xda-developers.com/root/

If your device is new and still under warranty, be advised that rooting voids most warranties . . .

Perhaps we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ (with the rest of the normal apps) in the next version to be released.

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:24:59 AM

Guys,

thanks!

Code:

If your device is new and still under warranty, be advised that rooting voids most warranties . . .

Perhaps we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ (with the rest of the normal apps) in the next version to be released.

I'm not advocating that you do root your phone only that it maybe possible as a last solution. If you backup your keys then they are usually then stored on the SD card and there would be no need for root.

If you do experience a crash and you are able to send us a log of what happened then please do! It helps us fix problems like this in future updates.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

Guys,

thanks!

Code:

I'm not advocating that you do root your phone only that it maybe possible as a last solution. If you backup your keys then they are usually then stored on the SD card and there would be no need for root.

If you do experience a crash and you are able to send us a log of what happened then please do! It helps us fix problems like this in future updates.

Yes, the previous (and continually updated) backup is extremely important, I agree. I also agree that rooting should be used as a last solution! Even then one must weigh the "costs/risks" with the "benefits": if you've only lost a few coins it might not be worth the trouble and/or loss of warranty (for example, if you're like the guy who lost 30 BTC, then you obviously go for it, but if you're talking about spending change, then things change). KitKat is a bit more complicated still than Jelly Bean was, for whatever reason, with the most popular reason being that the manufacturers want to make rooting more difficult. If you have two phones, one preferably out of warranty, then you could have some fun testing . . .  Wink

In any event, I think we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ in the next version to be released in order to make recovery easier (if/when it's necessary).

immeraba

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:00:59 PM

With regards to all the comments about the mobile wallets. The new iOS wallet works fine i.e. it opens up and processes transactions the only problem is that I can't seem to open up the QR code scanner. I've got an iPhone 5c so maybe you guys could have a look at that? I don't know if its just my phone but feedback is key to any app's success so hope it helps!

What's the name of the app I'll check it out?

Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: