Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:02:08 PM

You also asked for transparency about the $250,000 investment.   And, you asked if Jared would disclose the details of the investment to trusted members of the community.  I guess I don't quite understand what you mean?  Like, are you asking if he'll send them a copy of the check so they can tell you it was real?  I don't believe that it is Jared's responsibility to disclose his private business details with anyone.  Buying a few DGB or mining DGB does not give any of us the right to demand or expect that Jared share his private business plans with us.  Jared is one of them most engaged, dedicated, and professional devs of any altcoin.  I think he already pretty much sets the bar in that arena.

Jared disclosed the basic information of the investment to the whole community in late 2014.  He, and the DGB development team formed a strategic partnership with Tofu Gear in Hong Kong.  One of the first things they did is release an iOS wallet in the Apple store.  They have been working on the DGB Gaming (the DGB Gaming Wallet is currently available). And, as I understand it, those are just the beginning.  They are working and developing.  There are some really exciting opportunities and projects for the future of DGB.

I will contact Tofu Gear by the end of this week and confirm the arrangement to settle everyone nerves, if I was Jared I would not have disclosed this information if it wasn't meant to get out it just creates unnecessary hype.

★★ DigiByte ★ 极特币★★ [DGB] ✈ ✔ $250,000 Private Investment Received

I would change the heading of this ANN.

Why would they change the heading?  The partnership is with Tofu Gear?  They didn't make the investment. 

I'm not sure that you appropriately used the word "everyone" in your post.  There's one person demanding something that doesn't need additional proof.  I've been a member of this community for a long time.  I believe strongly enough in DGB that I spent my time and money to found the DigiByte Group.  I believe it's a great community because we respect each other and we work together to support DGB.  But, part of that respect extends to the development team. 

As a community, the development team does NOT work for us.  We, as a community, work WITH the development team.

You all have no right to be accusing Jared of lying about an investment and demanding the kinds of information you are asking for.  There is no evidence to suggest that he has ever misled the community in any way.  In fact, all the evidence demonstrates that he is honest, professional, dedicated, and one of the best devs out there. 

Perfect response.
Completely agree.

And me!!

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:18:48 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Like I told everyone here months ago: Run, don't walk, from this thing...

But since you just choose not to, have what you so fully deserve. In spades.
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:00:50 PM

Digibyte should follow in the footsteps of Guldencoin and reduce supply untill there is a market for Digibyte

Hi b1007.  I think that Guldencoin is a good coin (although I don't hold any).   I think they have a good, honest, and dedicated community and development team.  I've always thought that there was great opportunity for altcoins with strong national identities.  As much as I think there are great opportunities for DGB in different ways.  The supporters of Guldencoin who also post here are thoughtful and respectful.  And, I hope for the best for Guldencoin.  There are some differences between Guldencoin and DGB ... so I'm not sure that either coin should follow in the other's footsteps.  I think it's possible to support both without needing them to be the same.  I would also say the same thing about Noblecoin ... I know there are a number of people who support both Noblecoin and DGB.  I believe that our communities make each other stronger - but that doesn't mean that we need the development, distribution, etc., of the coins to be the same.  
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:14:45 PM

Simply unbelievable...

If you can only spread unfounded negativity, then you won't be missed. Goodbye and farewell.

Cheesy

Good for a laugh anyway.

ffpool.net

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:27:01 PM

DigiByte has been added to the SHA256 Multiport @ http://ffpool.net

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:32:19 PM

Simply unbelievable...

If you can only spread unfounded negativity, then you won't be missed. Goodbye and farewell.

Cheesy

Good for a laugh anyway.

Looks like he got paid to fud here as well Smiley who paid him !!!!
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:34:44 PM

. . . (i would nominate halinyo, HR, tamilee, o0o0 and Verias) . . .

You might know us better than we know ourselves, and human nature too, and I'd have to say that that looks like a pretty good list if only seen from the point of view that it would be impossible to get us to agree on anything that wasn't completely undeniable to begin with!  Grin  

On a more serious note, I say they're all good questions, many of which have been gone over at length (they don't become mute just for having been dealt with before . . . it is a lot of reading . . .) and which I see EPLDCC has addressed as well.

I think the transparency issue (not limited to DGB by any means) is one that we'll be clamoring about for a lot of years to come (everywhere in Altcoinland) and there will always be limits as to how much can be disclosed and when, and, in the end, sometimes we need to trust in this supposedly trustless environment.  Wink

P.S. Where is our Community Liaison BTW?   Smiley

Also: Great to see the open discussion continues to be lively. I for one am reading everything, enjoying myself as I do, and I like the ideas and the things I'm picking up. Thanks!

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Cheesy

Good for a laugh anyway.

Looks like he got paid to fud here as well Smiley who paid him !!!!

Funny, indeed.

I am open to offers though... just not to be paid in DGB!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:38:32 PM

Guys could we stop being unfriendly towards Barabbas. You sound like a bunch of high school bullies. Grow up and have a civil discussion. Instead of laughing at him.

Hey, if at this stage in the game you are still capable of laughing, then you deserve quite a bit of credit... pity it won't be money credit though...
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 09:44:19 PM

P.S. Where is our Community Liaison BTW?   Smiley

Here,Here! reading up on everything now but not gonna feed the .....
Jared is really busy atm and i sayd to him that there are some questions that needs attention on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:45:40 PM

When the paid trolls arrive, you know something is going right.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:47:41 PM

... further and further.

Considering the price, that can actually be an understatement.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 09:50:11 PM

maybe the dev can buy the coins  .

The guys who made the $250k investment can easily pump price to 500 sat without it even causing a dent to them. Why you think a lot of asian miners mining this coin.

Is there any transparancy about the $250k investment? Is it possible to reveal the private investment to 5 honest and trusted DGB people (i would nominate halinyo, HR, tamilee, o0o0 and Verias) with a non-disclosure agreement?
I hope i have enough trust and honesty to say that the investment is real and you believe me. Nothing to say more or less. i´m sure that 90% of the community will back me up on this one.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:51:05 PM

The guys who made the $250k investment can easily pump price to 500 sat without it even causing a dent to them. Why you think a lot of asian miners mining this coin.

Is there any transparancy about the $250k investment? Is it possible to reveal the private investment to 5 honest and trusted DGB people (i would nominate halinyo, HR, tamilee, o0o0 and Verias) with a non-disclosure agreement?
I hope i have enough trust and honesty to say that the investment is real and you believe me. Nothing to say more or less. i´m sure that 90% of the community will back me up on this one.

Well...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:58:44 PM

Well...

Think logically, Jared has an office in Hong Kong and a crew of employees, how is he gonna pay all that?

Last time I checked -it was some months ago, I must admit- he was supposed to also have an office in Santa Monica, California... One without a phone number, to be precise...

But since apparently I would have earned my "payment" already, I'll leave you to discuss things among yourselves, ok? Remember: "... further and further".
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:11:26 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Cheesy

Good for a laugh anyway.

Ohh and to add some things. Maybe same guy or friend or what else.

https://twitter.com/JosedeVega2009/following
https://twitter.com/cbouzy ( He blocked me already from last time we had him here.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645899.msg7218951#msg7218951

MemberCount+1

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:46:19 PM

for each page on this thread only one sat in the price, that would be enough... but i see only a lot of words ... comparison with dollar ... comparison with visa ... hmm ... these are very ambitious goals!
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:51:28 PM

DigiByte has been added to the SHA256 Multiport @ http://ffpool.net

Thank you for adding Digibyten If you have any questions please let us know!

Best & happy mining

ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:37:25 AM

Folks,
 Let's settle down and have constructive conversation. Barabbas should be ignored with all due respect. This is the same gentleman that has pumped and dumped so many coins -- LibertyCoin, MintCoin, Blackcoin, etc. Too many aliases and really nothing to gain.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627818.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645899.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644093.60

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644093.60

Anyways back to topic. I do believe the commercial adoption and marketing of the coin is very important and something lacking. I am sure Jared has a plan and do believe the investment of 250K is real and valid. No doubt there. I was speaking about this to a colleague of mine. If you have the best burger in town and believe it can take significant market share, but nobody knows about it, how will you accomplish that? You won't. There are many great products and services out there that die due to high burn rate and not enough customer adoption.

The flip side of the coin is McDonalds. It clearly doesn't have the most healthiest and best burger, but people keep buying! WHY? Convenience, ease, location, marketing!

Need to apply this to DGB and make a stand. Too many global events going on to really push DGB to the forefront. Just need to think how can we do that with mainstream versus the smaller digital currency community.

Just my two cents.

YC
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 02:18:44 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 02:40:09 AM by yoyoamigo

Anyways back to topic. I do believe the commercial adoption and marketing of the coin is very important and something lacking. I am sure Jared has a plan and do believe the investment of 250K is real and valid. No doubt there. I was speaking about this to a colleague of mine. If you have the best burger in town and believe it can take significant market share, but nobody knows about it, how will you accomplish that? You won't. There are many great products and services out there that die due to high burn rate and not enough customer adoption.

The flip side of the coin is McDonalds. It clearly doesn't have the most healthiest and best burger, but people keep buying! WHY? Convenience, ease, location, marketing!

Need to apply this to DGB and make a stand. Too many global events going on to really push DGB to the forefront. Just need to think how can we do that with mainstream versus the smaller digital currency community.

Just my two cents.

YC

+1

i fully agree. Digibyte needs to be marketed out. First Step.
And then, its all down to ease of use, convenience and location (accessibility and places to spend it).

The Digibyte Team is tackling all of that right now. DigiSpeed, Marketing, DigibyteGaming Wallet, etc. If you ask me, they could use some additional manpower considering the amount of work they need to do. Otherwise, we can only give them time and try our best to be patient and do our part as a DGB community. If Jared can't keep us updated every week or 2, i hope he can at least keep in touch with those well known members of DGB. like haliyno and 24hralttrade. they can spend time reading and commenting on the forum while Jared can cater all his time to the development and work for Digibyte.

lots of work to be done since Digibyte is aiming for the number one spot. Most of the core aspects of Digibyte were in the works last year and its still being work on to further improve it to keep up with the competition BUT mainly to be ready for global use. most of the new stuff we see this year were probably started on around the beginning of this year.

We can do our part as a community. And that is to create a lot of good noise for DGB. a lot of demand from other services to adopt DGB. so when DGB is ready to be fully launched, there's going to be a lot of services that we can use DGB for. Over the past 2 months (May and June), i have witnessed that several services have begun to adopt DGB thanks to the community itself. And it is still not enough.

Whether its Twitter, Facebook or any other social media, spread the word and keep hashtagging. keep the DGB Activity alive. the more it appears, the better. if you need to hashtag some weird tags, go ahead. people will be thinking "what is this 'Digibyte' thing doing here!?". Chances are, they are going to check it out. Even if they don't, we have at least succeeded in making them KNOW about something called Digibyte. After that, all it takes is just one more incident of DGB appearing in their lives like maybe one of their friends suddenly talks about Digibyte and BAM! It will stir their curiosity the hell out until they find out more about Digibyte.

we all know Jared is heading in the right direction. its just gonna be a slightly longer journey than some of us had expected.
Keep riding DGB folks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 ... 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: