Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:48:36 PM

is there any chance for DGB  switch to POS in the future?
A chance? Offcourse there is always a chance but Digibyte will stay multi-algo for now.

well..that explain such a good coin with so depressing price....as long as it's still a POW and more than 6 millions coin can be mine per day,i don`t see any reason ppl should worry about no coins to buy in the next 20 years...i no mean offence here and i do like DGB but whats worry me is the miners dumping for the next 20 years..i will still invest in DGB but not in mass..right now i spend 10% of my profit from other POS coins to buy DGB...cheers!

Untill people see the real value of Digibyte and hold them for long term? That could happen within 1 month -2 years ,, nobody knows what will happen. You buy digibyte from the profit of other pos coins? Thats exactly the same as mining coin X to buy coin Y.  Give some other reasons why pos is better?

The alt coin market is 90% trading and 10% usage and that is how it always starts off. So due to 90% of alt coins being used for trading low supply coins which aren't even that good will have a higher marketcap because it's easier to manipulate. Traders know they can't manipulate the dgb price easily because of the supply, however if cryptos become the norm coins like digibyte will be better for people to work with as more coins will mean better distribution. Until then the prices might go back into the 30s like I mentioned before.

So for now highly volatile low supply coins which are used for gambling benefit traders for a short stint in time.

The only high supply coins with good value are Ripple and NXT which were 100% premine basically, doge rewards are halving again so we will see the effect on the price next month.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmmapp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 01:16:06 AM

What does Number of script verification threads do in DigiByte-qt and what should I set them to, right now there set to 0.

What does Size of database cache do and what should I set them to, right now there set to 100 MB, will this make me a faster node.

Am I a node? I got 29 in and 29 out, but I don't see very much activity in Network Traffic. 31 MB in and 87 MB out. in the last 4 days. other qt use about 275 MB out a day.
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:53:29 AM

is there any chance for DGB  switch to POS in the future?
A chance? Offcourse there is always a chance but Digibyte will stay multi-algo for now.

well..that explain such a good coin with so depressing price....as long as it's still a POW and more than 6 millions coin can be mine per day,i don`t see any reason ppl should worry about no coins to buy in the next 20 years...i no mean offence here and i do like DGB but whats worry me is the miners dumping for the next 20 years..i will still invest in DGB but not in mass..right now i spend 10% of my profit from other POS coins to buy DGB...cheers!

Untill people see the real value of Digibyte and hold them for long term? That could happen within 1 month -2 years ,, nobody knows what will happen. You buy digibyte from the profit of other pos coins? Thats exactly the same as mining coin X to buy coin Y.  Give some other reasons why pos is better?

i'm not going to argue with you about POS or POW here for there have been a lot of debating for the topic like that in Bitcointalk..however..i really want to know how the DGB supporters/community think about of POS...will POS makes DGB a better product?i hope for more DGB supporters/community to share their point of view Smiley
Bluestreet
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:51:21 AM

Untill people see the real value of Digibyte and hold them for long term? That could happen within 1 month -2 years ,, nobody knows what will happen. You buy digibyte from the profit of other pos coins? Thats exactly the same as mining coin X to buy coin Y.  Give some other reasons why pos is better?

i'm not going to argue with you about POS or POW here for there have been a lot of debating for the topic like that in Bitcointalk..however..i really want to know how the DGB supporters/community think about of POS...will POS makes DGB a better product?i hope for more DGB supporters/community to share their point of view Smiley

POS didn't work for Noblecoin. Technically it did but price and volume has been effected, the coin has been removed from various exchanges.
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:52:31 AM

I have had this conversation in my local board about other coin.
I will give my personal opinion. Pos can be used as a marketing tool, where you are offering an interest to the customers for their investment. While having a usability of the currency with an spread adoption.
I mean is fairly cheap to access the pos systems, while having access to some pow systems is really expensive, so it ends with centralization.
Just my 2 cents Smiley
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:35:09 AM

Once again we lost against LTC Sad... This Greece thing, we should have taken advantage of this.

Well I hope our time will come in the end...
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:43:34 AM

Once again we lost against LTC Sad... This Greece thing, we should have taken advantage of this.

We will get our pump halinyo, don't you worry about that.

- G
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:57:08 AM

- G

As much as I want a nice steady rise, pumps sure do get attention.

Did anyone see this article about bitcoin in Minecraft? http://www.coindesk.com/kid-friendly-minecraft-server-launches-bitcoin-economy/

I know we were talking about the possibility of creating a DigiByte miner whilst playing minecraft a while ago. This is not about a miner, but it is the use case that DigByte is aiming for.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:01:22 PM

- G

Well, what I mean is not a pump and dump, at least some rise that stabilizes at some point and goes further up with some great projects.
But instead we are losing blood while time elapses, which is really sad to see.

However, pump is not a bad thing, though, as long as it is not followed by a cruel dump Wink
So this depends on what is happening with DigiByte... developments, projects, short and long-term plans... etc.

My point is that we are missing all these nice rallies, because now is the real time to show how great the Digital Currency (DGB) is as an alternative and can (partly-)replace banks etc. Check the Greece's situation and the banks of Cypriot Greeks in the past.

For those who disagree, I would have invested all my bitcoin stash into LiteCoin at 0.006 range, and would have been nearly tripled all my bitcoin... but instead I kept buying DGB because I believe in it and it is my right to expect some developments going on and price is rising and so on... This is also true for other DGB holders.

Best,

tmmapp

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 03:47:10 PM

What does Number of script verification threads do in DigiByte-qt and what should I set them to, right now there set to 0.

What does Size of database cache do and what should I set them to, right now there set to 100 MB, will this make me a faster node.

Am I a node? I got 29 in and 29 out, but I don't see very much activity in Network Traffic. 31 MB in and 87 MB out. in the last 4 days. other qt use about 275 MB out a day.
Verias

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:07:53 PM

- G

Well, what I mean is not a pump and dump, at least some rise that stabilizes at some point and goes further up with some great projects.

However, pump is not a bad thing, though, as long as it is not followed by a cruel dump Wink
So this depends on what is happening with DigiByte... developments, projects, short and long-term plans... etc.

My point is that we are missing all these nice rallies, because now is the real time to show how great the Digital Currency (DGB) is as an alternative and can (partly-)replace banks etc. Check the Greece's situation and the banks of Cypriot Greeks in the past.

For those who disagree, I would have invested all my bitcoin stash into LiteCoin at 0.006 range, and would have been nearly tripled all my bitcoin... but instead I kept buying DGB because I believe in it and it is my right to expect some developments going on and price is rising and so on... This is also true for other DGB holders.

Best,

I agree with this ...
I also invested alot in dgb and was planning to buy more. but not alot is happening to the price and i even lost btc atmc ause i bought alot at 40-70 sat while price was going down.

right now i got 20+ mil Digibyte,
And maybe i will buy more.

But it makes me sad  because DGB went all the way back to  even below 40 sat right now...
I like digibyte but be honest.
Nobody is here to lose money and see other coins go up while we are still going down and back to 20 sat or lower if nothing changes ...
doremi

Activity: 654

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:28:14 PM

- G

Best,

I agree with this ...
I also invested alot in dgb and was planning to buy more. but not alot is happening to the price and i even lost btc atmc ause i bought alot at 40-70 sat while price was going down.

But it makes me sad  because DGB went all the way back to  even below 40 sat right now...
Nobody is here to lose money and see other coins go up while we are still going down and back to 20 sat or lower if nothing changes ...

there are 6.7 mil DGB can be mined per day now,by that mean 67mil DGB for the next 10 days...670 mil DGB for the next 100days.... supply>demand atm (long term).
i was making the same mistake as you but not that much..i bought about 1.1 mil at 42sat for i thought that would be the floor price of DGB  and apparantly i was wrong..now i will be more cautions when i dealing with the POW coin..you know what..there are always instasell miners out there as long as it is a POW coin.
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:40:44 PM

- G

Best,

I agree with this ...

But it makes me sad  because DGB went all the way back to  even below 40 sat right now...

there are 6.7 mil DGB can be mined per day now,by that mean 67mil DGB for the next 10 days...670 mil DGB for the next 100days.... supply>demand atm (long term).
i was making the same mistake as you but not that much..i bought about 1.1 mil at 42sat for i thought that would be the floor price of DGB  and apparantly i was wrong..now i will be more cautions when i dealing with the POW coin..you know what..there are always instasell miners out there as long as it is a POW coin.

This goes with a conversion that was brought up a few pages back. The people supporting this coin are all miners. Everything in this coin is for miners. If you were mining a couple million a week you would still be promoting it also! Yes yes I have heard it all its great for early investors blah blah blah. It is horrible for anyone who is invested in it because you are paying miners bills

Verias

Activity: 351

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:07:00 PM

maybe it was a mistake to buy the coin, at least above 20 - 30 sat ...
Gone have to rethink my plan to buy more dgb ...
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:15:41 PM

I bought millions @ 10 sat - 80 sat. Longterm holding so i really do not care.  What do you think Digibyte is worth right now? Yes,Not 40 sat. So why complain when you are a longterm holder?
BTC 15% up also so nothing to loose atm Smiley

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:13:59 PM

I bought millions @ 10 sat - 80 sat. Longterm holding so i really do not care.  What do you think Digibyte is worth right now? Yes,Not 40 sat. So why complain when you are a longterm holder?

Do you mine?

EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:19:44 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 06:44:49 PM by EPLDCC

I bought millions @ 10 sat - 80 sat. Longterm holding so i really do not care.  What do you think Digibyte is worth right now? Yes,Not 40 sat. So why complain when you are a longterm holder?

Do you mine?

I mine.  I mine about 1 million DGB per month (give or take ... ).  I've never sold a single DGB that I've mined.  I pay all my mining costs out of pocket.  

Some people who mine do need to sell some of the rewards to pay for their costs.

Edit:  I also trade ... but trade probably isn't the right word ... it's more just buying.  I've bought more DGB than I've mined.
Bluestreet
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

Price decline is a result of traders holding btc positions to see how the price unfolds due to Greek crisis.
Both Litecoin and dogecoin is halving soon and traders are betting on price increases for both coin.

DGB could see sub 30 prices again until the above has settled. My view is that it will be short blip to the downside and a return to post 40 prices in a few months.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:14:14 PM

Do you mine?

I mine, but I hold. The last Digibyte transaction I made was to buy more, that was last week.

There are a hell of alot more coins out there offering better returns than Digibyte at the moment. Most people here believe in Jared and his team
to come out with something awesome, that's why there is so much support.

steviaminer

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:01:00 AM

Any1 knows where I can find a mining guide? For some f- reason I only get this message: [2015-06-30 20:00:08] HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 1xx.0.0.x port 9xxx: Connection refused
[2015-06-30 20:00:08] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

Any1 knows the meaning of this?
Pages: « 1 ... 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: