Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:01:47 PM

Being Greece in a financial crisis, (they most likely will have to drop Euro, and bring back the old Drachma) I just wondered, what if a whole country would lay the basis of its economy on cryptocurrency?

An extremely simplified reason of why a cryptocurrency wouldn't work as a national currency:

If a country (such as Greece) uses a 3rd party currency (DGB, Bitcoin, Euro, US Dollar) as it's national currency and runs out of money to pay their bills, the only way to get more money is by taking out loans, raising taxes, cutting spending, etc. This is the problem Greece has right now.

However, if a country uses it's own currency and begins to run low, they can print more currency to cover their debts. Most (if not all) countries do this, they keep printing more money at a controlled rate (inflation) to stay ahead, this is why money today buys less than it did 50 years ago. A country needs to have a way to vary inflation to prevent a currency crash/crisis. This can't be done with a crypto because most are either deflationary or inflationary at a specific rate.

Whether inflation or deflation are bad is another discussion...

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:36:22 PM

Being Greece in a financial crisis, (they most likely will have to drop Euro, and bring back the old Drachma) I just wondered, what if a whole country would lay the basis of its economy on cryptocurrency?

An extremely simplified reason of why a cryptocurrency wouldn't work as a national currency:

If a country (such as Greece) uses a 3rd party currency (DGB, Bitcoin, Euro, US Dollar) as it's national currency and runs out of money to pay their bills, the only way to get more money is by taking out loans, raising taxes, cutting spending, etc. This is the problem Greece has right now.

However, if a country uses it's own currency and begins to run low, they can print more currency to cover their debts. Most (if not all) countries do this, they keep printing more money at a controlled rate (inflation) to stay ahead, this is why money today buys less than it did 50 years ago. A country needs to have a way to vary inflation to prevent a currency crash/crisis. This can't be done with a crypto because most are either deflationary or inflationary at a specific rate.

Whether inflation or deflation are bad is another discussion...
I'm inclined to agree with you but I do believe it would be possible to create a cryptocurrency that included taxation that would allow a government to operate and function within its remit and that could work, the trouble starts when trading with other currencies but if it was exercised on a  global universal scale, that needn't be an issue either.
Some people think that I'm an optimist, this simply isn't true. I might try and make the best out of a bad situation but that's as far as it goes, really! I have no faith whatsoever in the human race.  The concept of enough escapes most of us, DigiByte is simply an opportunity to prove me wrong because it will be what we do with it. In its current state, it would solve nothing if we all adopted it tomorrow.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:24:07 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 12:38:19 AM by Jumbley

I've added Noblecoin to my "portfolio".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg11636333#msg11636333

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

What is this to do with DGB HR?
This perhaps.
“having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.”
– righteous, virtuous, good, honorable, upright, decent, worthy, moral, ethical, reputable –

and this makes good reading.
https://www.noblemovement.com/downloads/TheStateofAlternativeCryptocurrency-D1.pdf

This would be HR disclosing his interest in Noble to this community, that's what it has to do with DGB.

"Given everything I’ve just outlined, and in interest of full disclosure, I’d like to make public my recent purchase of a medium sized amount of NOBL (something along the lines of a top 20 rich list amount). I will also be incorporating Noblecoin into my efforts to slowly build what I hope will someday be a comprehensive cryptocurrency knowledge base that has to date focused exclusively on DigiByte. Noblecoin will be a natural complement being that it will put what is in my opinion the best PoS in existence shoulder to shoulder with what I consider to be the best POW in existence."

sounds very educational to me. Wink
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:51:26 AM

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.
bogglor

Activity: 266

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:05:58 AM

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided

My core wallet uses about 1.6 GB

To reuse an address check the box that says "Reuse an existing receiving address (not recommended)"

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:48:45 AM

I've added Noblecoin to my "portfolio".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg11636333#msg11636333

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

What is this to do with DGB HR?
This perhaps.
“having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.”
– righteous, virtuous, good, honorable, upright, decent, worthy, moral, ethical, reputable –

and this makes good reading.
https://www.noblemovement.com/downloads/TheStateofAlternativeCryptocurrency-D1.pdf

This would be HR disclosing his interest in Noble to this community, that's what it has to do with DGB.

"Given everything I’ve just outlined, and in interest of full disclosure, I’d like to make public my recent purchase of a medium sized amount of NOBL (something along the lines of a top 20 rich list amount). I will also be incorporating Noblecoin into my efforts to slowly build what I hope will someday be a comprehensive cryptocurrency knowledge base that has to date focused exclusively on DigiByte. Noblecoin will be a natural complement being that it will put what is in my opinion the best PoS in existence shoulder to shoulder with what I consider to be the best POW in existence."

sounds very educational to me. Wink

That's right. Really just an announcement, which also includes a few mutually shared core concepts not to be lost on the wise.

With the addition of Noble to Asistec TI Cryptocurrency Forum and its knowledge base project, my signature line, avatar, etc., the eventual question would have come up sooner or later, and I thought the answer, probably being more convoluted later, would be best given sooner and pre-emptively. It's also a "tip" of sorts, something worth looking into, in my opinion, of course, since I think that Noble is clearly playing in the same league as DigiByte. At the same time, it is arguably off topic and I do apologize for any perceived "hijacking" (something I was aware of and wanted to mitigate as much as possible). As such, we can leave things at this, and mark the page so that when someone new asks about the eagle in my avatar . . .  Wink

Thanks for bearing with me everyone.

Cheers.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:52:19 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 11:15:13 AM by halinyo

It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy other sheeiity coins. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Imagine if everyone comes here share their second, third, forth invested coins. I have many other that I have invested, but I try not to share here. I remember I did once and I had a similar reactions here. So it is better not to do it. Thanks HR.
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:20:02 AM

Can someone make a nice big DigiByte signature please?
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 10:22:06 AM

What would you like to put into your signature?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
CryptoRaver

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:39:38 AM

What would you like to put into your signature?

Thanks for the fast reply,

It would be great if it has big ass digibyte colors/letters and,

DigiByte Forum http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php

DigiByte Group  https://digibytegroup.com/

DigiByte Website  http://www.digibyte.co/

DigiByte Btc Talk  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.20220

{Digi stats}
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:45:02 AM

I cant wait to see what more is rolling out for DGB Cool
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:45:52 AM

It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy another sheeiity coin. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Imagine if everyone comes here share their second, third, forth invested coins. I have many other that I have invested, but I try not to share here. I remember I did once and I had a similar reactions here. So it is better not to do it. Thanks HR.
Good enough, and sorry about having offened you. You know, there are people who write books who post what they're doing here, etc., etc., and it's not seen as a problem. Asistec TI is a little more than sharing a second or third coin I'm invested in (I'm a bagholder in several coins as well - thankfully not for much - and I'm sure you, or nobody for that matter, knows anything about them). I think this was/is a little different from what you represent it to be, but I respect your opinion.

Again, please forgive me for upsetting you, and hopefully at least there was something generally applicable and positive that you took away from my introductory post over there . . . I hope I didn't waist your time as well as having offened.  Sad

jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:51:11 AM

You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:06:37 AM

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:18:59 AM

It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy another sheeiity coin. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Good enough, and sorry about having offened you. You know, there are people who write books who post what they're doing here, etc., etc., and it's not seen as a problem. Asistec TI is a little more than sharing a second or third coin I'm invested in (I'm a bagholder in several coins as well - thankfully not for much - and I'm sure you, or nobody for that matter, knows anything about them). I think this was/is a little different from what you represent it to be, but I respect your opinion.

Again, please forgive me for upsetting you, and hopefully at least there was something generally applicable and positive that you took away from my introductory post over there . . . I hope I didn't waist your time as well as having offened.  Sad

See, you have it in your signature already Wink There is nothing to be forgiven. No worries. But lets only focus on DigiByte HERE. Cheers.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:11:27 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 12:37:37 PM by halinyo

Today, once again I truly realized that decentralization just stays over talk, not in the implementation or practical life.
Greed transforms any digital currency into a (semi-) centralized one. The majority of Bitcoin is controlled by 7 processors, exchanges, etc.

So my thought is that DigiByte is on the right path, there will be a lot interest sooner or later. However, right now the main reason why the interest is stable (or not increasing exponentially) is because we are truly decentralized (it does not work out for greedy bastar.s). Check it out, if the price of a coin is just so high, it is because it is just controlled by a few or by only one person. StartCoin and Ripple are the most important examples for this scenario.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, we are not controlled by any entity. I hope this continues as it is. I know regulations may corrupt this at some stage, but the main idea should stay as decentralized, no third-party please, no extra charges, etc. However, I believe the greed may/can/might change the faith of any digital currency, even of DGB.

So far so good DigiByte, well done everyone!
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:48:33 PM

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

That's not DigiByte specific, it's pretty much characteristic of crypto in general. You know it's still in its infancy and we're still taking baby steps.  Wink

I'm making an effort to improve on documentation by first trying to centralize things in one place. Perhaps you might find something useful there.

http://asistec-ti.com/forum/

Let me know what you think. I highly value everyone's feedback.

Thanks, and good luck.

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:17:35 PM

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

The current digibyte wallet is forked from bitcoin 0.9 and it has the exact same interface as the bitcoin core wallet did in version 0.9(along with the current doge, via and myriad wallets) . If you are used to a different wallet then its either a custom job (or more likely way behind the times). The digibyte core wallet is simple enough but also gives power users some extra options, if you want something really simple try the Digibyte gaming wallet or Digibit.

To reiterate you are free to use the digibyte wallet in the same way that you use any other altcoin wallet (If you wanted you could use the same address for the rest of your life) the only difference is that its been made a bit easier for those that would like that extra little bit of anonymity.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:22:32 PM

What are you trying over here?
Video by EPLDCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ct9mqmukw
Video by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl98iqScsio

Digibyte just released the Gaming wallet and as you all know there is more to come.
The mass is not ready for cryptocurrency in general,Digibyte is preparing to be ready for the masses,Not something thats done within 1 week and i'm sure you know this already.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
CryptoRaver

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:14:45 PM

Buyers cryps lowww..
Pages: « 1 ... 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 [997] 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: