Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 05:28:42 PM

Simply unbelievable...

Like I told everyone here months ago: Run, don't walk, from this thing...

But since you just choose not to, have what you so fully deserve. In spades.

Go away troll! Jared is one of the best dev in the world!
Jared, if you have time could you please address all my questions? Looking forward to it.
I am with Digibyte because of you so i think it is fair that i want a answer from you because i believe you.

Since when is Jared the developer of DGB? He is the owner, not the developer. He never said once he was the developer of DGB.
Please note that no one owns DigiByte. There are several developers who have contributed to the core DigiByte code base. There are many other fantastic DigiByte supporters who have contributed to DigiByte in many different ways.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And we encourage everyone to research things for themselves. We are here, we are moving forward and we will continue working hard every day. In the mean time we are not going to get weighted down on this forum with rubbish while we can be working on important things to move DigiByte forward. Its a much better use of our time.

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting DigiByte.

Don't mind the troll Jared! You are a great dev and doing a great job!
Jared, some questions if you do not mind:

1 Could you please comment on these additional protections (explicit comments and no talking around it)? If they are true, we should do marketing with it. If they are not be transparant and just say there are none.
2 Can you tell me if we were a scrypt coin (litecoin clone) and then you asked 8bitcoder (dev of myriadcoin) to change digibyte to myriadcoin clone (multi-pow) for you? Or did you do it yourself? There are rumours that you "helped" but the actual work has been done by 8bitcoder.
3 Currently, an attacker can 51% attack the network with roughly 60% of SHA256D and nothing else. After this change, an attacker with 90% of the SHA256D hashrate and 33% of each of the other 4 algorithms would have insufficient hashpower to mount a 51% attack. Is this true? Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/pull/36

Would love to answer these questions.

1) Could you be more specific as to which protections you are mentioning? I am assuming you mean multi-algo related specifics? Also including DigiShield (difficulty retargeting, asymetrical adjustments).

2) Originally we modified Litecoins code and then later on came up with DigiShield which was later implemented into Dogecoin and several other coins. 8bit did not do the code transition for DigiByte.  However the Myriadcoin code base was very helpful to us when making the multialgo transition as a reference. Most development work for DGB has been done by myself with heavy lifting by xploited. We were the first coin to fork from a single algo to multiple algos. This caused some unique difficulties. Myriad was launched multi algo. We however have spoken with 8bit on occasion and shared ideas, especially right after their time warp attack.  I do recall reaching out with a few questions to him as well over time. He is a very talented developer and the brains behind the original multialgo. There have also been several other people who have contributed helpful code to DGB. All of this is visible in the commit history for DigiByte.

3) In theory yes this is correct. However until its in the wild we will never know for sure.

Esotercizm is a great dev who has contributed much to DigiByte. We are glad to have him here.

Any other questions we can answer for people?

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:32:56 PM

Damn haven't been that active lately because i'm on holiday, but WOW the community has come alive now  Grin
Great to see a few new members here  Tongue
Keep up the good work everyone!

Dgb must be doing something right!   Grin
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:38:13 PM

Since our difficulty adjustment is different than Myriad we have some more protection for this.

I don't see how that follows.  It's really the exact same thing but with max adjustments increased 10x.  Historically this has led to insane difficulty swings (even at constant hashrates) which can be difficult to distinguish from actual tomfoolery without going in and comparing timestamps. One slight advantage is that -log(max_diff_down)/log(min_diff_up) is 1.94 for Myriad but only 1.5 for DigiByte, meaning the attacker would need a slightly greater share of the hashpower to attack DigiByte.  Since DGB has a higher hash rate anyway, a successful attack seems less likely.

BTW I've updated my pull request on github.

We just saw your pull request! Thank you for contributing it! Long story short, we are vulnerable as well to the same attack if our net hash rate falls too low. But we do, however, have some additional protections built in the Myriad does not.  

We are going to issue a hard fork in the next few days. We are going to implement some changes to significantly mitigate this problem. In the mean time our chain is moving along fine, but we can use all the hash we can get. It is very likely who ever was behind the Myriad attack will attempt the same with DigiByte. And it does in fact appear that they have already tried / been trying.

Is that your polite way of saying "Thanks, but we're just gonna merge Myriad's change"?

Please do comment on these "additional protections".  As far as I can tell, the difficulty adjustment algorithm was copied verbatim from myriad, and then nMaxAdjustDown and nMaxAdjustUp were increased by a factor of 10.

"Moving along fine" is debatable when every single algorithm's difficulty regularly cycles by a factor of 10.  It just gives the illusion of moving along fine because at any given time there's usually at least 1 algorithm going through its low phase.

Jared, almost all questions are addressed, 3 left:

1 Could you please comment on these additional protections (explicit comments and no talking around it)? If they are true, we should do marketing with it. If they are not be transparant and just say there are none. Please see the above conversation
2. Are all our releases open source? (transparant)? Particular digibytetip and ios wallet? If not, why?
3 Currently, an attacker can 51% attack the network with roughly 60% of SHA256D and nothing else. After this change, an attacker with 90% of the SHA256D hashrate and 33% of each of the other 4 algorithms would have insufficient hashpower to mount a 51% attack. Is this true? Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/pull/36 So in theory a attacker does not need to have some hashrate in all 5 algorithms (used in marketing of digibyte)? 60% of SHA256D is sufficient?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:58:11 PM

Since our difficulty adjustment is different than Myriad we have some more protection for this.

I don't see how that follows.  It's really the exact same thing but with max adjustments increased 10x.  Historically this has led to insane difficulty swings (even at constant hashrates) which can be difficult to distinguish from actual tomfoolery without going in and comparing timestamps. One slight advantage is that -log(max_diff_down)/log(min_diff_up) is 1.94 for Myriad but only 1.5 for DigiByte, meaning the attacker would need a slightly greater share of the hashpower to attack DigiByte.  Since DGB has a higher hash rate anyway, a successful attack seems less likely.

BTW I've updated my pull request on github.

We just saw your pull request! Thank you for contributing it! Long story short, we are vulnerable as well to the same attack if our net hash rate falls too low. But we do, however, have some additional protections built in the Myriad does not.  

We are going to issue a hard fork in the next few days. We are going to implement some changes to significantly mitigate this problem. In the mean time our chain is moving along fine, but we can use all the hash we can get. It is very likely who ever was behind the Myriad attack will attempt the same with DigiByte. And it does in fact appear that they have already tried / been trying.

Is that your polite way of saying "Thanks, but we're just gonna merge Myriad's change"?

Please do comment on these "additional protections".  As far as I can tell, the difficulty adjustment algorithm was copied verbatim from myriad, and then nMaxAdjustDown and nMaxAdjustUp were increased by a factor of 10.

"Moving along fine" is debatable when every single algorithm's difficulty regularly cycles by a factor of 10.  It just gives the illusion of moving along fine because at any given time there's usually at least 1 algorithm going through its low phase.

Jared, almost all questions are addressed, 3 left:

1 Could you please comment on these additional protections (explicit comments and no talking around it)? If they are true, we should do marketing with it. If they are not be transparant and just say there are none. Please see the above conversation
2. Are all our releases open source? (transparant)? Particular digibytetip and ios wallet? If not, why?
3 Currently, an attacker can 51% attack the network with roughly 60% of SHA256D and nothing else. After this change, an attacker with 90% of the SHA256D hashrate and 33% of each of the other 4 algorithms would have insufficient hashpower to mount a 51% attack. Is this true? Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/pull/36 So in theory a attacker does not need to have some hashrate in all 5 algorithms (used in marketing of digibyte)? 60% of SHA256D is sufficient?

Why mention any potential multialgo flaws in open forum ? Even if it isn't 5 times more secure I am sure it is fine.
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:15:00 PM

Why mention any potential multialgo flaws in open forum ? Even if it isn't 5 times more secure I am sure it is fine.

I am also fine with it if the multialgo is not 5 times more secure but i think we should be honest and not use this as a marketing gimmick then (i was using this to get more followers for Digibyte but then i was confronted with the truth)

In the OP :
With 5 unique algos & independent difficulties a 51% attack is significantly mitigated and becomes much harder to carry out.
More secure than a single POW mining scheme (much harder to 51% attack).

which is not true. Only 60% SHA256D hashrate is needed to be attacked.

The security would be likely worse or at best 'on par' with a standard single-algo coin (said by the guldencoin dev (MaNI) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg11804113#msg11804113)

I am just saying that we should do marketing with real facts and not with lies.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:59:09 PM

Jared,
 Wonderful work you have been doing. Really appreciate the continued transparency. Here are a few questions:

1) Do you still have your marketing team/social media person that was
announced about 6 months ago?  If so, what are they doing?  If not, are you
hiring somebody for that?

2) We need to have a marketing/pr strategy, who, what, when, where, why,
how?  Who do we contact for exposure, what do we stress to create buzz,
when are we going to do it, where are we going to do it, and why are we
doing it?

YC

Simply unbelievable...

Jared, if you have time could you please address all my questions? Looking forward to it.
I am with Digibyte because of you so i think it is fair that i want a answer from you because i believe you.

Since when is Jared the developer of DGB? He is the owner, not the developer. He never said once he was the developer of DGB.
Please note that no one owns DigiByte. There are several developers who have contributed to the core DigiByte code base. There are many other fantastic DigiByte supporters who have contributed to DigiByte in many different ways.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And we encourage everyone to research things for themselves. We are here, we are moving forward and we will continue working hard every day. In the mean time we are not going to get weighted down on this forum with rubbish while we can be working on important things to move DigiByte forward. Its a much better use of our time.

1 Could you please comment on these additional protections (explicit comments and no talking around it)? If they are true, we should do marketing with it. If they are not be transparant and just say there are none.
2 Can you tell me if we were a scrypt coin (litecoin clone) and then you asked 8bitcoder (dev of myriadcoin) to change digibyte to myriadcoin clone (multi-pow) for you? Or did you do it yourself? There are rumours that you "helped" but the actual work has been done by 8bitcoder.
3 Currently, an attacker can 51% attack the network with roughly 60% of SHA256D and nothing else. After this change, an attacker with 90% of the SHA256D hashrate and 33% of each of the other 4 algorithms would have insufficient hashpower to mount a 51% attack. Is this true? Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/pull/36

1) Could you be more specific as to which protections you are mentioning? I am assuming you mean multi-algo related specifics? Also including DigiShield (difficulty retargeting, asymetrical adjustments).

2) Originally we modified Litecoins code and then later on came up with DigiShield which was later implemented into Dogecoin and several other coins. 8bit did not do the code transition for DigiByte.  However the Myriadcoin code base was very helpful to us when making the multialgo transition as a reference. Most development work for DGB has been done by myself with heavy lifting by xploited. We were the first coin to fork from a single algo to multiple algos. This caused some unique difficulties. Myriad was launched multi algo. We however have spoken with 8bit on occasion and shared ideas, especially right after their time warp attack.  I do recall reaching out with a few questions to him as well over time. He is a very talented developer and the brains behind the original multialgo. There have also been several other people who have contributed helpful code to DGB. All of this is visible in the commit history for DigiByte.

3) In theory yes this is correct. However until its in the wild we will never know for sure.

Esotercizm is a great dev who has contributed much to DigiByte. We are glad to have him here.

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:07:05 PM

Jared,
 Wonderful work you have been doing. Really appreciate the continued transparency. Here are a few questions:

1) Do you still have your marketing team/social media person that was
announced about 6 months ago?  If so, what are they doing?  If not, are you
hiring somebody for that?

2) We need to have a marketing/pr strategy, who, what, when, where, why,
how?  Who do we contact for exposure, what do we stress to create buzz,
when are we going to do it, where are we going to do it, and why are we
doing it?

YC

Simply unbelievable...

+100.000
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:09:36 AM

I think maybe we may hire some popular person in digital currency arena.
Even if they share a link on their twitter, that gives an exposure for DGB.
This may seem weird but this is how it works. Along with the development, those people would support dgb. 
They would not reject a reasonable offer.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:54:38 AM

This may seem weird but this is how it works. Along with the development, those people would support dgb.  

You should write for Seinfeld maybe, you are that funny.

Dying to read about other of your suggestions, really...

The path of success is just ahead for DGC. halinyo and "Jettin'" Just Jared on board... how can it fail???

For further insurance, may I suggest you enroll Bobsurplus?
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:13:22 AM

Seriously? People are questioning Jared? Man, I don't even know if there are more honest people in crypto than him.
And what 's the point of buying up a coin with the investment? I don't think that's the purpose of an investment....

I think questioning is good in this community and it should be encouraged... devs should respond to such questions as it gives as active appearance and faith for the community and builds a strong base and price.

To not agree with this means that you pretty much blindly follow and you end up with another paycoin / Joshua Garza which crypto doesn't need. Jared should be addressing these concerns in the forum topic as part of his daily schedule. There is only this topic and the digibyte forum. For him to reply and reassure people would only take 30 mins of his day for this topic. I encourage Jared to do this. Digibyte growth is dependant on its customer base which means the devs should take the time to address these investors queries.

Its not about attacking Jared its merely about opening the channel so the public can address and converse with him direct. Its a little lacking at present (sorry but i'm just being honest). Communication channels that happen between specific members of the public and the dev lead to a closed system where people suspect things aren't always right. Be out and open and reply to all queries from all people direct.

Just my 2 digibytes.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:40:34 AM

Just stop quoting Barabbas theres no need to feed the negativity. I'm fine with negativity if its warranted and thinking / proof to be concerned is provided but honestly if its just pure negative attacks it holds no more worth than stuff that's like I think DGB or BITCOIN will hit 500,000$. With that out of the way a few things I've noticed recently from talking to people on cryptsy and other locations.

Many multipools like hampster pool, mintsy etc are doing auto mining cash out to btc. This is why the cryptsy price is dropping. Digibyte is a relatively easy coin to mine with large enough rewards. Honestly if we didn't have the buy support slowly fighting it we'd be under 10 satoshi. Hamster pool closes at the end of this month so we'll see a little bit of relaxing on this.

Some focus needs to go to digibyte use to give it utility or it'll continue to decline to the point its not feasible to mine and they will point at other coins until it rises in price again... that or they'll accumulate and dump in when it rises to a specified level.

For now if you have some satoshi's id buy digibyte. It should be valued today at at least dogecoins level. Dogecoin has a lot more coins like 100 billion isn't it? so that's 5 times digibytes final amount or 25 times its current coin generation. It should be around 100 satoshi now. If you buy in now i'd expect you to triple your investment in the next year. Pumping 3-5btc in can only be a win as come the btc halving that is some nice returns. As always trade on your own thoughts and don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Solutions
-------------
I still think that a miner should be integrated into the wallet. Digibyte being POW needs to put more pressure on the mining consolidation... few people are mining a lot of it and selling. The competition doesn't exist for it yet and this is why its targeted a lot. If a miner was built into the wallet and set to auto run on open and use by default 20% of the cpu then this will increase the mining hashrate, secure the network, reduce the sell pressure AND hopefully give it more interest from the public.

A POW coin NEEDS miners and more of them. This is in the digibyte development groups interest.... you point the miner in the wallet at the developer pool and you get a 3% or whatever it is cut for dev fees. So in this respect you can grow digibyte dev while assisting the coins growth.... i'm not sure why this suggestion isn't being acknowledged and given thought to implementation.
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:22:33 AM

Just stop quoting Barabbas theres no need to feed the negativity. I'm fine with negativity if its warranted and thinking / proof to be concerned is provided but honestly if its just pure negative attacks it holds no more worth than stuff that's like I think DGB or BITCOIN will hit 500,000$. With that out of the way a few things I've noticed recently from talking to people on cryptsy and other locations.

Many multipools like hampster pool, mintsy etc are doing auto mining cash out to btc. This is why the cryptsy price is dropping. Digibyte is a relatively easy coin to mine with large enough rewards. Honestly if we didn't have the buy support slowly fighting it we'd be under 10 satoshi. Hamster pool closes at the end of this month so we'll see a little bit of relaxing on this.

Some focus needs to go to digibyte use to give it utility or it'll continue to decline to the point its not feasible to mine and they will point at other coins until it rises in price again... that or they'll accumulate and dump in when it rises to a specified level.

For now if you have some satoshi's id buy digibyte. It should be valued today at at least dogecoins level. Dogecoin has a lot more coins like 100 billion isn't it? so that's 5 times digibytes final amount or 25 times its current coin generation. It should be around 100 satoshi now. If you buy in now i'd expect you to triple your investment in the next year. Pumping 3-5btc in can only be a win as come the btc halving that is some nice returns. As always trade on your own thoughts and don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Solutions
-------------
I still think that a miner should be integrated into the wallet. Digibyte being POW needs to put more pressure on the mining consolidation... few people are mining a lot of it and selling. The competition doesn't exist for it yet and this is why its targeted a lot. If a miner was built into the wallet and set to auto run on open and use by default 20% of the cpu then this will increase the mining hashrate, secure the network, reduce the sell pressure AND hopefully give it more interest from the public.

A POW coin NEEDS miners and more of them. This is in the digibyte development groups interest.... you point the miner in the wallet at the developer pool and you get a 3% or whatever it is cut for dev fees. So in this respect you can grow digibyte dev while assisting the coins growth.... i'm not sure why this suggestion isn't being acknowledged and given thought to implementation.

The best side to price going down is miners holding for long term get more coins and sell at much higher price. When digispeed is released then you sell at higher price when people realize what a good coin this is. Miners holding long term allow price growth.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:07:52 AM

Perhaps we could set up a multipool that mines whatever and auto converts to Digibyte.

Yaamp just released there code so I wouldn't think it would be to hard.
https://github.com/globalzon/yaamp

It would create buy support which everyone wants and might
provide some stability.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:24:33 PM

Perhaps we could set up a multipool that mines whatever and auto converts to Digibyte.

Yaamp just released there code so I wouldn't think it would be to hard.
https://github.com/globalzon/yaamp

It would create buy support which everyone wants and might
provide some stability.

Only works if you can outnumber the miners pushing dgb down to get profits... if you can't reverse it you feed them at a higher price if you can reverse it you're giving them a higher price while you are selling lower value coins to do this. Best to let it take its natural course and go lower so you can buy if you believe in it.... else we need proper miners to provide real resistance.
NoFudOnlyFacts

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:35:04 PM

The path of success is just ahead for DGC. halinyo and "Jettin'" Just Jared on board... how can it fail???

ROFL ...ROFL, barabbas the a paid fudder has a suggestion. what a clown ROFL
No coins work, no coins make sense, only the barabbas/Iconexpert coins
ROFL ... pathetic barabbas.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:48:05 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 03:01:31 PM by halinyo

This is what a project should look like: https://twitter.com/bkbriankelly/status/618793036982693888

I think we may contact BK to discuss if they need micro-payment system and any use of DGB in there ? What do you think Jared? Cheers.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:14:31 PM

Pretty interesting. Absolutely think we should contact Brian Kelly to see if there is any opportunity for DGB.

YC

This is what a project should look like: https://twitter.com/bkbriankelly/status/618793036982693888

I think we may contact BK to discuss if they need micro-payment system and any use of DGB in there ? What do you think Jared? Cheers.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

Pretty interesting. Absolutely think we should contact Brian Kelly to see if there is any opportunity for DGB.

YC

I have indirect contact but, it is better Jared himself does this. Cheers.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:58:23 PM

Whenver i see this novice trader on a thread fudding, I will buy blindly, will be picking up a few more here

This guy is such a loser, look over his posts and it shows you how much of a loser he is, he fudded BLK and it pumped, he fudded VRC and it pumped and even fudded NAUT and look at that Cheesy

Barrabas is the David Seaman of the alt scene, do the opposite of what this guy says and you will do well in this landscape! GLGT
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:10:22 PM

Whenver i see this novice trader on a thread fudding, I will buy blindly, will be picking up a few more here

This guy is such a loser, look over his posts and it shows you how much of a loser he is, he fudded BLK and it pumped, he fudded VRC and it pumped and even fudded NAUT and look at that Cheesy

Barrabas is the David Seaman of the alt scene, do the opposite of what this guy says and you will do well in this landscape! GLGT

Typical of the handles at hand... Yes, pls by all means, take a good look at BLK and my "fudding" -nevermind I uncovered the reign of The Black Hand there- and you will find that it was high in the 40s (even touched, briefly, the mid 50s) and is now, after "pumping" in midteens and going back down to the mid singles where it has been for a year. And yes, take a look at VRC, which was in the high 30s and went all the way to a loss of 90% --while it pumped and, on the way back to 3, stays now at about 10. And yes, by all means look deeply at NAUT, which after "pumping", and pumping very, very big, stays still way below where it was when my "fudding" started...

And while you are at it, take a good look at the other ones, the ones that - as I "fudded" them, proving they were scams- are no longer even in the field. There are quite a few there.

If nothing else, you will gain some real perspective... not to mention how easily identify idiots on BTCT boards...
Pages: « 1 ... 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: