Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:53:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:10:39 AM

I get the distinct impression that the website is being built around graphic images (that run together making themselves even busier) instead of using graphics to complement.

While the current version is inviting and relaxing, the overall feeling I get from the proposed changes is that of claustrophobic entrapment.

The proposed new version is a huge step backwards in my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 09:43:06 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 10:16:30 AM by yoyoamigo

I get the distinct impression that the website is being built around graphic images (that run together making themselves even busier) instead of using graphics to complement.

While the current version is inviting and relaxing, the overall feeling I get from the proposed changes is that of claustrophobic entrapment.

The proposed new version is a huge step backwards in my opinion.

you need to be specific.

if too much graphics are used, they can certainly be not used. simple. remove the gears , remove digiman.
testimonials section can be redesign as i had mentioned earlier already in my previous post since what i had done was just a suggestion.
And then, what are these "proposed changes" that makes it "claustrophobic entrapment"?
And by "current version", meaning digibyte.co or dev.digibyte.co?

Fundamentally speaking, there are 2 things that i will still stand by and i emphasize importance in addressing them for dev.digibyte.co:
(1) using different graphics for headers to separate out sections (Get started with digibyte today, Digibyte Projects) instead of one type of graphic will certainly cause the website to look disorganized
(2) 1 or 2 parts of the structure are weird --> "testimonial" and "more news" feels out of place. needs re-positioning.
-- For "More News", Header is like way off to the top right in a different region (not in the white space) where the contents are.
-- For "Get started..." header on top and contents below it.
-- For "Digibyte Projects", header and contents are side-by-side.

You see how it flows? no proper structure. bad viewing experience. i had to spend time discerning where is where and what is what.
And all of a sudden, a "testimonial" appeared and there's only one. different types of information are everywhere in the middle.
i can only say one thing - untidy.

i only suggest stick to one: Header followed by contents directly below it for all 3. or Header and contents side-by-side for all 3.

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Huge buy/sell orders are seen as 'walls' and they are usually not filled.
Spread out your orders but closely together at different prices to avoid being one.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:59:14 AM

Thank you to everyone for the excellent feedback! We are working on integrating some of the suggestions. The current and new site are both built upon Drupal 7 for ease of updating and use. We want the new site to be much more content rich with updated news and more detailed information for beginners.

If anyone has experience with Drupal and would like to help please let us know. Thanks again everyone!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:13:49 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 11:44:22 AM by HR

Light and bright, vs. dark and gloomy (which might be good for a gamer specific website).

Check out the websites for some of the world's biggest companies. (These guys literally spend BILLIONS on marketing, and these web design choices are not the result of happenstance!)

http://www.chevron.com/
http://www.apple.com/
http://www.valero.com/default.aspx
https://www.att.com/
http://www.fanniemae.com/portal/index.html
http://cvshealth.com/
http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/
http://www.ibm.com/us-en/

Spaciousness is also very important for product promotion and online shopping (not having things bunched and packed together like we might expect for online news/magazine websites). IBM and Apple's websites are good examples.

Again, the DESIGN of the current website (digibyte.co) is much much better in my opinion (of course that's because it squares better with all of the above design criteria).

On a somewhat related subject, what's happened to that fantastic promo video? It should figure prominently in all of DGB's offerings, and it seems to have been relegated to being buried in the youtube list of videos.  Sad

And seriously, can anyone read the small font on the OP graphics without a magnifying glass? Security, Speed, Transaction Volume, etc. - what does it say? The font is so small that the letters run together . . . and I'm looking at it with a supersized monitor right now!

The idea is to make it easier, not more difficult, on the eyes and the mind!

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:19:11 PM

Thank you to everyone for the excellent feedback! We are working on integrating some of the suggestions. The current and new site are both built upon Drupal 7 for ease of updating and use. We want the new site to be much more content rich with updated news and more detailed information for beginners.

If anyone has experience with Drupal and would like to help please let us know. Thanks again everyone!
As I'm a fulltime Drupal dev since many years, I could help on the technical part. I'm currently on your IRC.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 04:20:19 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 04:43:37 PM by yoyoamigo

i forgot to explain this part:

This aren't needed to be told to us or to anybody. of course they are trusted and featured. The only thing that needs to be told is whether or not its a project done by the community or by DigiByte. And if it is done by the community, just add "(CP)" after the name, which stands for (Community Project). For example "digibytegroup (CP)". But if there is something else and "service, trusted, featured" are just examples for show, then i stand corrected.

However if you are going to let it be, so you are telling me there are going to be projects that aren't trusted? that's........scary. every project should be trusted, no?

[AFTER MORE EXPLORING on dev.digibyte.co] love seeing the DigiByte Directory. everyone should at least see it and play with it once: http://dev.digibyte.co/portfolios. really smooth, swift and fluid animations too when clicking on the categories  Cool. quite a list there  Grin. in time to come, there will be a lot more. also, i now see why and where this "service, trusted, featured" came from. but i still don't think it should be under "Projects". Because it makes perfect sense in the DigiByte Directory. But it doesn't on the homepage under Projects. it gave me the wrong idea. may want to consider removing them (just the text) on the homepage. it also helps to make it look cleaner (less words)

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Never leave your coins on any exchange if you are not trading but HODL-ing (holding) them for a long time.
Download the coin's wallet and store them safely with password encryption.
Lastly, don't be lazy. Do it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 10:14:14 PM

Light and bright, vs. dark and gloomy (which might be good for a gamer specific website).

Check out the websites for some of the world's biggest companies. (These guys literally spend BILLIONS on marketing, and these web design choices are not the result of happenstance!)

http://www.chevron.com/
http://www.apple.com/
http://www.valero.com/default.aspx
https://www.att.com/
http://www.fanniemae.com/portal/index.html
http://cvshealth.com/
http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/
http://www.ibm.com/us-en/

Spaciousness is also very important for product promotion and online shopping (not having things bunched and packed together like we might expect for online news/magazine websites). IBM and Apple's websites are good examples.

Again, the DESIGN of the current website (digibyte.co) is much much better in my opinion (of course that's because it squares better with all of the above design criteria).

On a somewhat related subject, what's happened to that fantastic promo video? It should figure prominently in all of DGB's offerings, and it seems to have been relegated to being buried in the youtube list of videos.  Sad

And seriously, can anyone read the small font on the OP graphics without a magnifying glass? Security, Speed, Transaction Volume, etc. - what does it say? The font is so small that the letters run together . . . and I'm looking at it with a supersized monitor right now!

The idea is to make it easier, not more difficult, on the eyes and the mind!

Some of those companies have specific Android versions that work like they should, wonderfully, and the ones that don't, a traditional site that resizes and reads perfectly well. Both are examples of best practice implementation and what you need to have, minimum, before moving out of beta and going live.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:16:25 AM

Verias

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:20:13 AM

just got burned by one of the few projects i was still holding ... arch....
Guess it's all in for Digibyte now ...
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:39:46 AM

sorry to hear that, Digibyte or nothing ehh!  Wink
It would be mad not to have a couple of eth, I guess but who knows! 
If Jared ever gives in, then crypto is over for me and I'll be looking for a monastery to join, probably.  Smiley
Verias

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:56:57 AM

If Jared ever gives in, then crypto is over for me and I'll be looking for a monastery to join, probably.  Smiley
sadly i have waited to long for eth.
and right now i don't have much BTC to spare before one of my holdings go up.
still have a few small ones besides DGB.

might get a little btc out of arch , who knows.

DGB is the only project i still trust in this crypto world.
Go jared and dgb team lol !
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:03:30 PM

when I said a couple I meant just a couple, that's how many the banks need.
I'd never invest in it like I have DigiByte but then I'm not just trying to make money here, I want to see a better world!
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:18:47 PM

when I said a couple I meant just a couple, that's how many the banks need.
I'd never invest in it like I have DigiByte but then I'm not just trying to make money here, I want to see a better world!
Lol DigiByte is where home is, you feel safe here Cheesy
bobthenager

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 02:33:17 PM

Just shows how full of s*** people can be. I was in that ARCH slack group with everyone else that was super hyped months and months ago, maybe even a year or a little more, before it pumped hard. There was always something about that guy that I didn't like. Through that I found leveraged btc trading so I'm thankful for that, and met a few cool people, it did have a nice little community for awhile. Jared is on another level though, he's genuine and will give it his all I have no doubts. I have personally gotten 5 other people into DGB because I have faith in him and can't imagine him bailing or scamming us all, there's just no way. If crypto survives DGB will be up there amongst the top.
Verias

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:11:19 PM

yah , would be nice to see another digireport though
bobthenager

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 03:14:18 PM

^Deff, even something simple like where he took a quick walk around the office.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 04:18:52 PM

Just shows how full of s*** people can be. I was in that ARCH slack group with everyone else that was super hyped months and months ago, maybe even a year or a little more, before it pumped hard. There was always something about that guy that I didn't like. Through that I found leveraged btc trading so I'm thankful for that, and met a few cool people, it did have a nice little community for awhile. Jared is on another level though, he's genuine and will give it his all I have no doubts. I have personally gotten 5 other people into DGB because I have faith in him and can't imagine him bailing or scamming us all, there's just no way. If crypto survives DGB will be up there amongst the top.
I know one day, Jared wants to take a back seat but not today, not till this project is well and truly off the ground and in safe hands of its community. I got a lot of respect for the guy and he truly deserves to be successful and everyone here is playing a part in it.  Smiley
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:06:02 PM

I know one day, Jared wants to take a back seat but not today, not till this project is well and truly off the ground and in safe hands of its community. I got a lot of respect for the guy and he truly deserves to be successful and everyone here is playing a part in it.  Smiley

Jared is doing great stuff marketing wise! Also the infrastructure is very impressive! Can t wait for new developments to take place. I wonder, so far how many players earn their DigiBytes by playing LoL?

I like to speculate
pringles1901

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:26:52 PM

I do agree with you all that DGB does have great potential but the potential is slowly falling behind as the development is far to slow, By the time DGB gets its deserved place in the Altcoin world there will be many more coins that will have done what DGB set out to do & lots more....I aint knocking Jared & the devs but the marketing plan is not working, all this top secret stuff is so 2015...would you not like to see just 1/10th of the volume injected into ETH over the last week...The hype the trading & the pumping alone has given ETH the springboard to go forward

At this moment in time all i can see what DGB has is a market place but you need millions of coins to buy anything...whats the point just use fiat & buy it at you local store

Gaming that gives the coins away, adds no value at all to DGB..it gets dumped each day as the kids just love BTC

DigiUsign thats just a copy of many other coins too just DGB launched this to late

Digispeed...fan bloody tastic but what use is it if nobody want to use it

Jared change your plan you need to get DGB out of the dark & in to the limelight....inject some FUD if you like but lets not sit on the fence waiting for someone to give you a push

I will be honest i have made a shitload of BTC out of ETH this week & i would usually put it back into a coin i like...DGB used to be one of them.....even when the coin gets pumped within 7 days its back to 30-35

Everything seems to be in place..there seems to be plenty going on so why not tell the public about it..troll box bull doent do it..its all about the trading simple as that

Also for your information DGB will not change the world as some of you think it will, it will not be the game changer, it will not be worth $1-$10 even in 21 years time...if it takes 21 years to get to $1 its going to be about the same price as it is now...whats the bloody point in that

A good team leader gives regular updates, give insights to the coming features, gives you far more information than Jared does so we/you can inform others of whats to come

At this minute in time please tell me what selling points do I have to give to others...what attractions do i sell to them.......what is in the pipeline

I tell you what we have
A coin that goes up then straight back down again, A coin that gets mocked in every troll box exchange that has DGB listed.....constant pump & dumps cuz DGB is good at that.

Take Doge how the hell that coin has stayed alive for so long i have no idea yet its worth 30% more than DGB...WHY?
Publicity thats why & there are other coins out there that have no right being anywhere near the price they are at but again its publicity & hype...pussy footing around does not work in Crypto...its about time you all got that into your thick heads
perrie454

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:08:01 AM

I do agree with you all that DGB does have great potential but the potential is slowly falling behind as the development is far to slow, By the time DGB gets its deserved place in the Altcoin world there will be many more coins that will have done what DGB set out to do & lots more....I aint knocking Jared & the devs but the marketing plan is not working, all this top secret stuff is so 2015...would you not like to see just 1/10th of the volume injected into ETH over the last week...The hype the trading & the pumping alone has given ETH the springboard to go forward

At this moment in time all i can see what DGB has is a market place but you need millions of coins to buy anything...whats the point just use fiat & buy it at you local store

Gaming that gives the coins away, adds no value at all to DGB..it gets dumped each day as the kids just love BTC

DigiUsign thats just a copy of many other coins too just DGB launched this to late

Digispeed...fan bloody tastic but what use is it if nobody want to use it

Jared change your plan you need to get DGB out of the dark & in to the limelight....inject some FUD if you like but lets not sit on the fence waiting for someone to give you a push

I will be honest i have made a shitload of BTC out of ETH this week & i would usually put it back into a coin i like...DGB used to be one of them.....even when the coin gets pumped within 7 days its back to 30-35

Everything seems to be in place..there seems to be plenty going on so why not tell the public about it..troll box bull doent do it..its all about the trading simple as that

Also for your information DGB will not change the world as some of you think it will, it will not be the game changer, it will not be worth $1-$10 even in 21 years time...if it takes 21 years to get to $1 its going to be about the same price as it is now...whats the bloody point in that

A good team leader gives regular updates, give insights to the coming features, gives you far more information than Jared does so we/you can inform others of whats to come

At this minute in time please tell me what selling points do I have to give to others...what attractions do i sell to them.......what is in the pipeline

I tell you what we have
A coin that goes up then straight back down again, A coin that gets mocked in every troll box exchange that has DGB listed.....constant pump & dumps cuz DGB is good at that.

Take Doge how the hell that coin has stayed alive for so long i have no idea yet its worth 30% more than DGB...WHY?
Publicity thats why & there are other coins out there that have no right being anywhere near the price they are at but again its publicity & hype...pussy footing around does not work in Crypto...its about time you all got that into your thick heads

...hard to understand what is your point coming on here, wasting your breath and talking nonsense.                Not sure what your problem is but I wish you lots of luck with everything.                                                                     Oh,yes and thank you for convincing me to buy some more Dgb.
Pages: « 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: