Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:25:19 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 02:39:01 AM by Jumbley

The sha256 algo has become the workhorse of DigiByte I believe, so I think we will be keeping it for the time being. The insurmountable network speed of bitcoin is what many people believe provides its supreme security but with perhaps the imminent introduction of quantum machines that could change. It's not like satoshi had not thought of this, bitcoin was always destined to change with technology. after all that's the beauty of software. DigiByte strives to make this technology available to everyone and our multi-algo approach stops the big boys totally running away with the ball but we are still playing the same game, got a dog in the fight if you like!  Wink

edit: I'll think you will agree, that's better than a dog in your logo!  Grin

The SHA-256 miners (specialized highly concentrated miners) have a 4:1 advantage over GPU miners (those who really make up the widely distributed network) and are the main reason why price is kept so low since 50 SAT is their breakeven.

In theory, as well as in practice, the SHA-256 miners tend towards centralization, and, therefore, contribute not to security but greater network INsecurity and vulnerability as Jared has clearly explained. It's the small guy who helps promote decentralization, real network security, and widely accepted real world use . . . as has also been clearly explained on numerous occasions.

BTW, speed? Cheesy
I said many people, I didn't mean me. Also, Many people over the last few years have bought mining equipment for home use and found themselves in a fix competing with the big boys and DigiByte is now a place for them, we have made them a home to come to.

edit. Speed, hash rate, hashes per second.  Smiley

here is an old article, I just googled.  http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/28/global-bitcoin-computing-power-now-256-times-faster-than-top-500-supercomputers-combined/#348212b028b7

It means it is currently impossible for someone with a powerful super computer or two, to attack the network if they chose to and technically is the umbrella under which we all stand. It's just that we don't all own it like we should.

Jumbley, no offense intended, but you need to educate yourself and grow up a bit. Please. Just because it sounds good to you doesn't mean it's true or correct. Remember, what you say here is taken as representative since you represent yourself as a self-styled spokesman, and, as such, you really need to either be very sure about what you're talking about, or take a step back and remind everyone that you are a casual observer talking off the cuff. Your last two posts are complete nonsense. I mean no harm, and wish you well, and hope you take this constructively, but since my private messages on the same have had no positive result, I'm addressing you publicly on the issue in the hopes that a public correction may have better results. I will not be saying this again, nor will I answer any related comments, nor will I correct nonsense in any future replies of yours to others, but, make no mistake, I will clearly call you out on any nonsensical response to anything I post as I will not tolerate any sort of simplistic frivolous undermining of important factual data. I hope I make myself clear.

In so far as educating yourself, please start with this video which, in its lonesome little self refutes just about everything you've said in your last two unbelievably uninformed and infantile posts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-haCDqhaTqc

My God, quoting Forbes. Yeah, they're the authority on widely distributed, permissionless, decentralized crytocurrencies! And next time you make claims like the many people who have made investments that you are defending, ask yourself first if you have some data to back your claim. That comment is so far out in left field I can't even believe you said it. You only make clear how ignorant you are when you make such unfounded and totally incorrect claims. YOU yourself.

Sorry to be so hard on you, but there comes a point . . . I've been holding back and biting my tongue for months now hoping to see you grow and mature . . . but I'm sorry, when it comes to undermining the hard work of others there is a limit.

Best regards,

HR

HR a bit rude! I have no personal messages from you but that aside, are you drunk? (edit: I remember now, the one I bit my tongue with.)
I am not undermining anything. I have made a couple of points, not untrue. The speed at which the bitcoin network solves equations is insurmountable,  a super computer cannot emulate it and therefore cannot overcome it. Ask yourself can a supercomputer emulate and outperform the five algos running on Digibyte right now? I didn’t say anyone would, it would be costly and what is there to gain, especially as it would have no effect on bitcoin but once upon a time, the threat of a government or some other powerful institution doing it to bitcoin was real, that’s why they bang on about and think so highly of the amount of mining they have.  I say they are the umbrella because as long as this is true, there is little point making one of these attacks on any other crypto. I have never said bitcoin does not have other issues, which I am well aware DigiByte has addressed. You have deeply offended me by what looks like completely misunderstanding what I said and lashing out calling me immature. I will overlook it because I’m like that and will refrain from name calling, even if one springs to mind.

edit: No, I wont. Knob!  Grin

The article is relevant, regardless of where it comes from. It’s about big numbers, that’s all.
Perhaps you prefer this one.
http://www.coindesk.com/12-ways-measure-bitcoin-networks-health/
http://www.businessinsider.com/researcher-bitcoin-supercomputers-2014-6?IR=T
at the time of this article bitcoin hash rate was about 1000 times faster than the DigiBytes current sha 256 component.
facts are facts, the sha-256 component of DigiByte is necessary and as it grows, DigiByte becomes stronger! (That's my opinion everybody)

oh yeah, no offence mate!  Smiley

It is an unpleasant truth, we are not yet invincible but the upshot is that we could be even more invincible than bitcoin, unfortunately we are not quite there yet! (also my opinion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:31:52 AM

If anyone has any doubts, I love DigiByte, I respect bitcoin!
even if it is far from what I once hoped it would be.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:12:19 AM

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
without forgetting my nvidia.
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.
so I had no luck testing my stats.

Crazy, 5000 is a base figure to compare with. It is not the block reward and nothing was said suggesting such. Please read more carefully.

BTW, it's customary to quote the entire discussion, especially when there are items relating to to various parts of the discussion. We don't normally eliminate what you don't want to hear, and only quote what suits you.

If you have a laptop, you're going nowhere fast with mining. Sorry I misunderstood you when you said you were a gamer. Theoretically, you could mine with a CPU, but you'd be looking at maybe 5 DGB a day or so if you're lucky in practice, or, to put it another way, 1000 times less than my comparative figure to work with . . . so if you want to do a mining yield comparison with electricity use, you'd have to divide those kWh usages by 1000. Are you following that? The CPU's you mention are equally impotent - it's the graphic card that matters.

There's an OP, a website, a myriad of information in this same thread that can be searched, and Google (as I pointed out in a previous post). Get serious, will you? Or do you get your jollies wasting other people's time?

As for everyone who is serious, hopefully the time we've taken to post important informative information won't be completely lost and we'll remember where it is to post for future, more serious community members looking to get up and running in a knowledgeable manner.

If you ask me this kind of activity is undermining! The guy has asked a question, it might seem like a silly question to you but at least he had the bollocks to ask it. Most people just sit around waiting for someone else to ask the silly questions so that they will be answered for them and they wont look stupid. Do you think belittling anyone is helpful or community building?
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:28:47 AM

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.

Hi Crazy.

The current block reward is about 1054 (it is reduced every month).  A block is discovered on the network every 15 seconds.  We have 5 mining algorithms (SHA, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit).  As a result, you could figure that a block is discovered per algorithm about every minute 15 seconds.  Total daily mining rewards are just over 6,000,000 DGB per day.  Each mining algorithm has a different difficulty level that is adjusted asymmetrically between blocks (to reduce mining pool attacks).  We call the difficulty adjustment "MultiShield," which is the newer version of DigiShield.

There are 2 ways to mine: (1) you could solo mine; or (2) you could mine in a mining pool.  When you solo mine - if you find a block - you receive the whole block reward.  When you mine in a pool - if you find a block - the block reward is shared by all the people in the pool who contributed hash rate during the period that the block was found.  Most people mine in pools.  It's easier to set up and it creates less variance in rewards over time.  For instance, if I were mining solo I might find a 5 blocks a day.  I would get all the rewards - so I would get 5270 DGB if I found 5 blocks.  But, some days I would find no blocks.  Other days I might find more than 5 blocks.  So my rewards would be highly variable on any given day.

When I mine in a pool, I combine my hash rate with everyone else mining in that pool.  For the Official DigiHash Pool, the hashrates (and thus rewards) are divided into different algorithms.  The combined hashing power allows the group to find blocks more frequently than people who are solo mining.  The pool might find approximately 100 blocks per day.  The reward per block is less per block, but the variance of reward payout is smaller.  In the long run (i.e. over indefinite amount of time) you would theoretically get the same rewards mining in a pool or mining solo.  However, in practice, mining pools allow miners with lower hashrates to earn regular rewards more quickly (a fact that is especially true with coins that have a high difficulty - such as BTC).

I would recommend that anyone new to mining DGB start mining in a pool.  I would recommend using the official Developer DigiHash Pool because it helps support DGB.

If you intend to mine with a GPU, you will want to use any of the algorithms EXCEPT SHA-256.  SHA is pretty much all ASIC at this point.  Scrypt is both ASIC and GPU, but the GPU hash rate is going to be tiny compared to the ASIC.  I'm not an expert at GPU mining (I haven't done it for about 3 years, and I've forgotten pretty much everything).  If you do not want to use the DigiHash Easy Miner software, you will need to set up some mining software on your computer.  You might try something like multiminer (which is a GUI running on top of BFG miner).  I've never tried it for DGB and I'd be interested to hear if anyone has?

The truth is that nobody can tell you exactly what your mining rewards or costs will be ... it doesn't matter what anyone posts here or anywhere else.  People can give you rough estimates.  You can attempt to use mining calculators to get rough estimates.  But, the final result depends on many different variables (difficulty at any given moment for the algorithm you are mining, settings for the GPU, cost you pay for electricity, hashrate of the GPU, mining pool, exchange rate, need to sell to cover costs or ability to hold and trade at moments of opportunity, etc.).  I do remember when I was GPU mining.  It involved lots of little tweaks to get the most efficient settings and highest rewards.

I've been mining DGB for about 1.5 years (I don't mine any other coins).  I mine with a scrypt ASIC, and I don't mine in the summer because it's too hot.  I actually have a couple of different ASIC rigs that I use (and have used) throughout the year (and years).  I stated mining about 3.5 years ago with GPUs for LTC and small ASICs for BTC. 

Here is my best advice based on my years of experience mining:

I think you should try it.  It's fun, it's addictive, and it's a valuable way to understand digital currencies at a more fundamental level.  You're not going to get rich doing it.  I think people should start mining for a couple of reasons.  First, it is a good way to begin to understand and experience digital currencies at a deeper level.  It's not just trading; it's participating and supporting.  Don't invest tons of money into mining at the beginning.  Learn about how DGB works and start slow.  The second reason people should mine is because they believe in DGB and want to help support the network. 

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:20:15 AM

Hey guys, is there an issue with the SHA-256 payments on the dev pool? It just seems to be pilling up 'Pending' blocks, and my SHA-256 specific address hasn't received a single payout.

Also, the DigiHash Easy Miner links all seem to be dead?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:43:54 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 10:59:58 AM by HR

If anyone has any doubts, I love DigiByte, I respect bitcoin!
even if it is far from what I once hoped it would be.

The fact that you felt the need to say that says it all.

Huh

Open mouth, insert foot.  

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:49:28 AM

Hey guys, is there an issue with the SHA-256 payments on the dev pool? It just seems to be pilling up 'Pending' blocks, and my SHA-256 specific address hasn't received a single payout.

Actually this is a fairly common occurrence and it isn’t altogether unhelpful. The work being done by your miner is still being measured and when Jared kicks the server or whatever he does to get payouts running again, you will receive your built up payment in one sum. I said it wasn’t altogether unhelpful because this means your wallet will have less small inputs in it and that could save you time or dbg when it comes to spending your dgb.

My understanding is that the easy miner is being worked on and the last version has been removed because it had referencing content that needed to be removed from it.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:01:51 AM

Actually this is a fairly common occurrence and it isn’t altogether unhelpful. The work being done by your miner is still being measured and when Jared kicks the server or whatever he does to get payouts running again, you will receive your built up payment in one sum. I said it wasn’t altogether unhelpful because this means your wallet will have less small inputs in it and that could save you time or dbg when it comes to spending your dgb.

My understanding is that the easy miner is being worked on and the last version has been removed because it had referencing content that needed to be removed from it.

Awesome okay!
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:17:56 AM

Awesome okay!
You are welcome!  Smiley
crazy-igzo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:51:00 AM

Crazy, 5000 is a base figure to compare with. It is not the block reward and nothing was said suggesting such. Please read more carefully.

BTW, it's customary to quote the entire discussion, especially when there are items relating to to various parts of the discussion. We don't normally eliminate what you don't want to hear, and only quote what suits you.

If you have a laptop, you're going nowhere fast with mining. Sorry I misunderstood you when you said you were a gamer. Theoretically, you could mine with a CPU, but you'd be looking at maybe 5 DGB a day or so if you're lucky in practice, or, to put it another way, 1000 times less than my comparative figure to work with . . . so if you want to do a mining yield comparison with electricity use, you'd have to divide those kWh usages by 1000. Are you following that? The CPU's you mention are equally impotent - it's the graphic card that matters.

There's an OP, a website, a myriad of information in this same thread that can be searched, and Google (as I pointed out in a previous post). Get serious, will you? Or do you get your jollies wasting other people's time?

As for everyone who is serious, hopefully the time we've taken to post important informative information won't be completely lost and we'll remember where it is to post for future, more serious community members looking to get up and running in a knowledgeable manner.

I feel offended. you where the first person I told that I was new to all this, if you recall. and yes asking is 5000 was the block reward, was a dumb Question to you, but to me that was a great deal, I searched and searched for the block reward estimation but I couldn't find, maybe my research methods are not good or I don't know where to search. you can tell that my English is super bad, but one things is sure, I delver the point, I have said that I am a gamer and I'm going to say it again, I am a gamer, I never said that I play games with a laptop, I said I have 4 old laptops and not that the one I play with is laptop too, I quot:  "I have some old laptops that are no use to me". and I said "my nvidia". so if you read carefully, I never said that I don't have a gear? but I do not consider it as a gear cuz I would love to add more to it. I have an i7 Alienware desktop and GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5 , I have 2 other old graphic cards that I used to play. so I can manage to make something up and I'm sure I can make something from those, as I said before, I have an electronics degree, and to be clear I am really serious about this. and all your information was a big help to me, I asked for help polity with all of you knowing that I'm new, I am sorry if I offended you in anyway without intention but I am a person of manner. and that replay of your's made me think about ever asking here again, I'm a newbie. and I'm proud to take steps in this field my knowledge about computer science is 1% or less. I'm trying, I really  really really appreciate your help so don't be an ass and jump to conclusions on your own. before I post, ask,replay I try to research.
crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:06:22 PM

Hi Crazy.

The current block reward is about 1054 (it is reduced every month).  A block is discovered on the network every 15 seconds.  We have 5 mining algorithms (SHA, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit).  As a result, you could figure that a block is discovered per algorithm about every minute 15 seconds.  Total daily mining rewards are just over 6,000,000 DGB per day.  Each mining algorithm has a different difficulty level that is adjusted asymmetrically between blocks (to reduce mining pool attacks).  We call the difficulty adjustment "MultiShield," which is the newer version of DigiShield.

There are 2 ways to mine: (1) you could solo mine; or (2) you could mine in a mining pool.  When you solo mine - if you find a block - you receive the whole block reward.  When you mine in a pool - if you find a block - the block reward is shared by all the people in the pool who contributed hash rate during the period that the block was found.  Most people mine in pools.  It's easier to set up and it creates less variance in rewards over time.  For instance, if I were mining solo I might find a 5 blocks a day.  I would get all the rewards - so I would get 5270 DGB if I found 5 blocks.  But, some days I would find no blocks.  Other days I might find more than 5 blocks.  So my rewards would be highly variable on any given day.

When I mine in a pool, I combine my hash rate with everyone else mining in that pool.  For the Official DigiHash Pool, the hashrates (and thus rewards) are divided into different algorithms.  The combined hashing power allows the group to find blocks more frequently than people who are solo mining.  The pool might find approximately 100 blocks per day.  The reward per block is less per block, but the variance of reward payout is smaller.  In the long run (i.e. over indefinite amount of time) you would theoretically get the same rewards mining in a pool or mining solo.  However, in practice, mining pools allow miners with lower hashrates to earn regular rewards more quickly (a fact that is especially true with coins that have a high difficulty - such as BTC).

I would recommend that anyone new to mining DGB start mining in a pool.  I would recommend using the official Developer DigiHash Pool because it helps support DGB.

If you intend to mine with a GPU, you will want to use any of the algorithms EXCEPT SHA-256.  SHA is pretty much all ASIC at this point.  Scrypt is both ASIC and GPU, but the GPU hash rate is going to be tiny compared to the ASIC.  I'm not an expert at GPU mining (I haven't done it for about 3 years, and I've forgotten pretty much everything).  If you do not want to use the DigiHash Easy Miner software, you will need to set up some mining software on your computer.  You might try something like multiminer (which is a GUI running on top of BFG miner).  I've never tried it for DGB and I'd be interested to hear if anyone has?

The truth is that nobody can tell you exactly what your mining rewards or costs will be ... it doesn't matter what anyone posts here or anywhere else.  People can give you rough estimates.  You can attempt to use mining calculators to get rough estimates.  But, the final result depends on many different variables (difficulty at any given moment for the algorithm you are mining, settings for the GPU, cost you pay for electricity, hashrate of the GPU, mining pool, exchange rate, need to sell to cover costs or ability to hold and trade at moments of opportunity, etc.).  I do remember when I was GPU mining.  It involved lots of little tweaks to get the most efficient settings and highest rewards.

I've been mining DGB for about 1.5 years (I don't mine any other coins).  I mine with a scrypt ASIC, and I don't mine in the summer because it's too hot.  I actually have a couple of different ASIC rigs that I use (and have used) throughout the year (and years).  I stated mining about 3.5 years ago with GPUs for LTC and small ASICs for BTC. 

I think you should try it.  It's fun, it's addictive, and it's a valuable way to understand digital currencies at a more fundamental level.  You're not going to get rich doing it.  I think people should start mining for a couple of reasons.  First, it is a good way to begin to understand and experience digital currencies at a deeper level.  It's not just trading; it's participating and supporting.  Don't invest tons of money into mining at the beginning.  Learn about how DGB works and start slow.  The second reason people should mine is because they believe in DGB and want to help support the network. 

thanks you that's a clear explanation.
I prefer taking a chance and having the block reward to my self.
and I'm drooping the idea of mining with a CPU.
btw the Scrypt ASIC is a CPU, why does it mine better than normal CPU, is it customized for that use only, and why not customized the laptop CPU to do the same . I'm going to give it a look.
I concluded from all this that mining is dying. and can be used as a tool to learn. and to knowledge more about the crypt-world
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:19:09 PM

Hi Crazy.

thanks you that's a clear explanation.
I prefer taking a chance and having the block reward to my self.
and I'm drooping the idea of mining with a CPU.
btw the Scrypt ASIC is a CPU, why does it mine better than normal CPU, is it customized for that use only, and why not customized the laptop CPU to do the same . I'm going to give it a look.
I concluded from all this that mining is dying. and can be used as a tool to learn. and to knowledge more about the crypt-world
You are correct crazy, ASIC application specific integrated circuits only do the task they were designed for and this should be an excellent opportunity for you to further your knowledge of crypto. Eric, EPLDCC explains things really well when he can, he does this for a job.  Wink
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:29:47 PM

I feel offended. you where the first person I told that I was new to all this, if you recall. and yes asking is 5000 was the block reward, was a dumb Question to you, but to me that was a great deal, I searched and searched for the block reward estimation but I couldn't find, maybe my research methods are not good or I don't know where to search. you can tell that my English is super bad, but one things is sure, I delver the point, I have said that I am a gamer and I'm going to say it again, I am a gamer, I never said that I play games with a laptop, I said I have 4 old laptops and not that the one I play with is laptop too, I quot:  "I have some old laptops that are no use to me". and I said "my nvidia". so if you read carefully, I never said that I don't have a gear? but I do not consider it as a gear cuz I would love to add more to it. I have an i7 Alienware desktop and GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5 , I have 2 other old graphic cards that I used to play. so I can manage to make something up and I'm sure I can make something from those, as I said before, I have an electronics degree, and to be clear I am really serious about this. and all your information was a big help to me, I asked for help polity with all of you knowing that I'm new, I am sorry if I offended you in anyway without intention but I am a person of manner. and that replay of your's made me think about ever asking here again, I'm a newbie. and I'm proud to take steps in this field my knowledge about computer science is 1% or less. I'm trying, I really  really really appreciate your help so don't be an ass and jump to conclusions on your own. before I post, ask,replay I try to research.

I feel so sorry for you that I could cry.

Now, why don't you and Jumbley go outside and play?

b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:35:17 PM

Behave guys, no need to argue over silly things. Lot of good stuff coming in 2016, let's focus on that !  Wink

I like to speculate
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:36:40 PM

Behave yourselves!!!

I like to speculate
crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:58:07 PM

I feel offended. you where the first person I told that I was new to all this, if you recall. and yes asking is 5000 was the block reward, was a dumb Question to you, but to me that was a great deal, I searched and searched for the block reward estimation but I couldn't find, maybe my research methods are not good or I don't know where to search. you can tell that my English is super bad, but one things is sure, I delver the point, I have said that I am a gamer and I'm going to say it again, I am a gamer, I never said that I play games with a laptop, I said I have 4 old laptops and not that the one I play with is laptop too, I quot:  "I have some old laptops that are no use to me". and I said "my nvidia". so if you read carefully, I never said that I don't have a gear? but I do not consider it as a gear cuz I would love to add more to it. I have an i7 Alienware desktop and GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5 , I have 2 other old graphic cards that I used to play. so I can manage to make something up and I'm sure I can make something from those, as I said before, I have an electronics degree, and to be clear I am really serious about this. and all your information was a big help to me, I asked for help polity with all of you knowing that I'm new, I am sorry if I offended you in anyway without intention but I am a person of manner. and that replay of your's made me think about ever asking here again, I'm a newbie. and I'm proud to take steps in this field my knowledge about computer science is 1% or less. I'm trying, I really  really really appreciate your help so don't be an ass and jump to conclusions on your own. before I post, ask,replay I try to research.

I feel so sorry for you that I could cry.

Now, why don't you and Jumbley go outside and play?

feel free to enjoy your knowledge. but know something you're human and you're not perfect. maybe in this field you know more but in another you could be me. and life is a "B", so this may happen to you.
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:09:16 PM

any updates on the gaming wallet?

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
scamkiller

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:14:39 PM

p & d coin

bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:18:09 PM

I've contacted Jared for you and I'm awaiting a response from him.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:27:03 PM

I've contacted Jared for you and I'm awaiting a response from him.
We have a brand new Gaming Wallet ready but we are making sure the upgrade path is good. Not all people are having issues. So when we push out the Chrome Update everyone is auto upgraded.

This is why we will be creating a core Gaming Wallet we will begin pushing people towards as full nodes.

We know there is concern, but remember this is an open source beta project. Nobody is perfect on the first attempt.

We see the passion and enthusiasm people have for DigiByte and it inspires us to do better everyday. Thank you all for your continued support.

-Jared

Pages: « 1 ... 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: