Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:54:54 AM

hey guys, I think about starting mining by using a vps. will that work ?
and I did try to read all what you wrote about mining in this topic, but it seems that the software that helps beginner is down, and I'm really having trouble understanding.
can any one upload "DigiHash 3-Click Easy Miner for Beginners" for me please.
and does any one use vps for mining I need some stats, because I'm thinking about buying a whole vps reseller.

Dont buy a VPS, you will lose money.

You could pickup a USB ASIC on ebay which is probably best for you but I dont mine anymore so I couldn't really say. Maybe one of the miners could offer some insight?

if the vps can mine, then I'm not thinking about one vps, I' thinking about a lot, I'm saying I'll buy an unlimited vps reseller and not a vps.
so if he can mine just a few with a lot of them I can mine more and more. looks goood to me.
but let's wait for a miner.
the USB ASIC could be a great idea, but I'm not willing to use my internet connection. I am a gamer I need my internet to play, and sins the digibytegaming payout are becoming lower and lower, I need another way to get dgb. so using my internet connection is not an option. that's why I come up with the idea of vps reseller.

The problem is that even if it was profitable the VPS host will shut you down quickly because you will be using all the CPU cycles. I'm also a gamer and when I did mine I used to have 3 graphics cards. 2 of them would be mining away and I'd use the third to play games. If you were to get an ASIC you would probably get the same ping in game that you get now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazy-igzo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:08:32 AM

if the vps can mine, then I'm not thinking about one vps, I' thinking about a lot, I'm saying I'll buy an unlimited vps reseller and not a vps.
so if he can mine just a few with a lot of them I can mine more and more. looks goood to me.
the USB ASIC could be a great idea, but I'm not willing to use my internet connection. I am a gamer I need my internet to play, and sins the digibytegaming payout are becoming lower and lower, I need another way to get dgb. so using my internet connection is not an option. that's why I come up with the idea of vps reseller.

The problem is that even if it was profitable the VPS host will shut you down quickly because you will be using all the CPU cycles. I'm also a gamer and when I did mine I used to have 3 graphics cards. 2 of them would be mining away and I'd use the third to play games. If you were to get an ASIC you would probably get the same ping in game that you get now.

I think that's because of the quality of your internet provider, I have a 4Mbps speed, and the reputation of my provider in my country is shity, you get the idea. but I'll consider buying an USB ASIC, do you have any stats ?
crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:21:19 AM

I think that's because of the quality of your internet provider, I have a 4Mbps speed, and the reputation of my provider in my country is shity, you get the idea. but I'll consider buying an USB ASIC, do you have any stats ?

I have contacted a company support : http://puu.sh/n6gcL/b6b3e6cf50.png
what do you think.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

I have contacted a company support : http://puu.sh/n6gcL/b6b3e6cf50.png
what do you think.

Just be extremely weary.

I'm only on 10Mbps Download and 1Mbps upload btw.  Aussie internet sucks!
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:21:48 PM

Mining can be a real mine field and it can be difficult to see how it is going to be profitable sometimes. It makes sense to use GPUs that you have for gaming anyway to mine when you are not gaming. You will mine more dgb with asics but that is all you can do with them and if you sell what you mine immediately you are probably going to struggle covering your electricity costs unless you have the latest and most efficient miners in which case you are going to struggle recovering your capital costs. This is why mining is dominated by farms that make use of mainly self generated electricity. Having said that, mining is absolutely imperative to the Digibyte network as it is bitcoin or most other cryptos. If many people run small but affordable miners and hold what they mine then one day it should all pay off and they would have really been doing their bit to support this project and keep it decentralised. With the bitcoin block halving approaching, there is likely to be more second hand asic equipment coming onto the market so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain. I also try to buy at least the equivalent to what I mine from the markets to bolster long term ambitions. Many of these smaller miners are practically next to useless for mining bitcoin as payouts are going to be extremely rare whereas using them to mine dgb will still see regular payouts. Keep it affordable, is the best advice I can give you but please please mine if you can and is better to be doing yourself than relying on some third part service that might go out of business tomorrow.
crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:37:31 PM

Mining can be a real mine field and it can be difficult to see how it is going to be profitable sometimes. It makes sense to use GPUs that you have for gaming anyway to mine when you are not gaming. You will mine more dgb with asics but that is all you can do with them and if you sell what you mine immediately you are probably going to struggle covering your electricity costs unless you have the latest and most efficient miners in which case you are going to struggle recovering your capital costs. This is why mining is dominated by farms that make use of mainly self generated electricity. Having said that, mining is absolutely imperative to the Digibyte network as it is bitcoin or most other cryptos. If many people run small but affordable miners and hold what they mine then one day it should all pay off and they would have really been doing their bit to support this project and keep it decentralised. With the bitcoin block halving approaching, there is likely to be more second hand asic equipment coming onto the market so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain. I also try to buy at least the equivalent to what I mine from the markets to bolster long term ambitions. Many of these smaller miners are practically next to useless for mining bitcoin as payouts are going to be extremely rare whereas using them to mine dgb will still see regular payouts. Keep it affordable, is the best advice I can give you but please please mine if you can and is better to be doing yourself than relying on some third part service that might go out of business tomorrow.

you say that vps in not a good idea.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:40:27 PM

you say that vps in not a good idea.
I'm saying I don't use a vps and would not, if that's the same thing.  Wink
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:41:42 PM

and I did try to read all what you wrote about mining in this topic, but it seems that the software that helps beginner is down, and I'm really having trouble understanding.
and does any one use vps for mining I need some stats, because I'm thinking about buying a whole vps reseller.

You could pickup a USB ASIC on ebay which is probably best for you but I dont mine anymore so I couldn't really say. Maybe one of the miners could offer some insight?

Mining won't hit your connection that bad,
I'm mining a coin with my graphics card, I have 3 Scrypt usb miners mining and 2 POS wallets going and its barely affecting my sons ping. (i'm on cable though)

Don't buy usb scrypt miners, you will not make your money back, you are better off using that money just to buy Digibyte.
I just bought 3 futurebit miners from the forums because I wanted to have a bit of a play, but I wont make back the $90 I spent on them a couple of weeks ago.

But if your hell bent on picking some up, check out this post, there may be some left
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.msg13869225#msg13869225

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is - and if you've got a gaming rig already built, then you've already got the necessary hardware. Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it. I recommend mining with the groestl algo since it is the most efficient electricity wise and stresses your system much less than others (nice clean COOL efficient mining). It has a bit of a learning curve to get everything set up, but I think you'll find all the necessary information on my forum, or at least the links to that information if not: http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19 It'll take you some time to get set up, but once you've got it properly configured, it's nothing more than starting your miner and then making money while you sleep.

One other note: yes, buying DGB directly in the open market is still cheaper than the electricity cost needed to mine equivalent amounts so you're not going to need to get in a hurry, but I do expect that to change in the not too distant future so take your time and get it right and you'll be set up. In the meantime, you can buy about 2x the amount you can mine with the same fiat . . . but I haven't checked the price in the last couple of hours, and maybe that's changed already! Wink

Edit: Remember, multi-algo levels the playing field: you need the same amount of electricity to generate equivalent mining rewards regardless of the algo mined because the payouts are algo adjusted as it were (e.g. you get much less per ASIC hashrate than you get for GPU hashrate). That's the reason for multi-algo: to keep things fair and the average user in the game . . . which leads to a real widely distributed network that is secure, etc., etc.

crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:21:09 PM

I'm mining a coin with my graphics card, I have 3 Scrypt usb miners mining and 2 POS wallets going and its barely affecting my sons ping. (i'm on cable though)

Don't buy usb scrypt miners, you will not make your money back, you are better off using that money just to buy Digibyte.
I just bought 3 futurebit miners from the forums because I wanted to have a bit of a play, but I wont make back the $90 I spent on them a couple of weeks ago.

But if your hell bent on picking some up, check out this post, there may be some left

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is - and if you've got a gaming rig already built, then you've already got the necessary hardware. Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it. I recommend mining with the groestl algo since it is the most efficient electricity wise and stresses your system much less than others (nice clean COOL efficient mining). It has a bit of a learning curve to get everything set up, but I think you'll find all the necessary information on my forum, or at least the links to that information if not: http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19 It'll take you some time to get set up, but once you've got it properly configured, it's nothing more than starting your miner and then making money while you sleep.

One other note: yes, buying DGB directly in the open market is still cheaper than the electricity cost needed to mine equivalent amounts so you're not going to need to get in a hurry, but I do expect that to change in the not too distant future so take your time and get it right and you'll be set up. In the meantime, you can buy about 2x the amount you can mine with the same fiat . . . but I haven't checked the price in the last couple of hours, and maybe that's changed already! Wink

Edit: Remember, multi-algo levels the playing field: you need the same amount of electricity to generate equivalent mining rewards regardless of the algo mined because the payouts are algo adjusted as it were (e.g. you get much less per ASIC hashrate than you get for GPU hashrate). That's the reason for multi-algo: to keep things fair and the average user in the game . . . which leads to a real widely distributed network that is secure, etc., etc.

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:05:27 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 03:16:06 PM by bitkapp

DigiByte Telegram Chat Bot

We are happy to announce that me and Dennahz are releasing a Telegram chat bot specifically for DigiByte! Below are some of the relevant points of information, links and usage tips!

Features:

• Market data feeds from Poloniex and Bitfinex with multiple currency functionality
  • Advanced market data features
  • Market cap data
  • DigiStats API integration including difficulty, coin supply, blockcount, network hash rates, number of nodes and more!

Usage Tips:

• You can add the chat bot directly from your Telegram app by adding @digubot
  • The commands should be sent as '/command' and not '/command@digubot' when in groups
  • Please do your best not to spam and hence clog up the bot

Donation address: DEbyS2U1u7EucBAuyRXsGaixXr6e28Qk9e

crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:36:47 PM

DigiByte Telegram Chat Bot

We are happy to announce that me and Dennahz are releasing a Telegram chat bot specifically for DigiByte! Below are some of the relevant points of information, links and usage tips!

Features:

• Market data feeds from Poloniex and Bitfinex with multiple currency functionality
  • Advanced market data features
  • Market cap data
  • DigiStats API integration including difficulty, coin supply, blockcount, network hash rates, number of nodes and more!

Usage Tips:

• You can add the chat bot directly from your Telegram app by adding @digubot
  • The commands should be sent as '/command' and not '/command@digubot' when in groups
  • Please do your best not to spam and hence clog up the bot

Donation address: DEbyS2U1u7EucBAuyRXsGaixXr6e28Qk9e

cool

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:42:51 PM

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is
Let's put numbers. We're talking at about hundred bytes per minute.

Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it.
You can absolutely mine and play at the same time, just not with AAA games. In practice many games games are mostly bandwidth hogs so GPUs have plenty of spare time. The highest-profile games I played while mining were Borderlands 2 and some HD remix of Serious Sam. I've mined Qubit, GrsMyr, even NeoScrypt. Qubit works like a charm, little impact on both framerate and hashrate. As a comparison, Yescrypt is incompatible with everything. Best part is power consumption since your GPU is already 90% loaded when gaming so you get only part of the hashrate but at a fraction of the cost!
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:17:18 PM

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is
Let's put numbers. We're talking at about hundred bytes per minute.

Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it.
You can absolutely mine and play at the same time, just not with AAA games. In practice many games games are mostly bandwidth hogs so GPUs have plenty of spare time. The highest-profile games I played while mining were Borderlands 2 and some HD remix of Serious Sam. I've mined Qubit, GrsMyr, even NeoScrypt. Qubit works like a charm, little impact on both framerate and hashrate. As a comparison, Yescrypt is incompatible with everything. Best part is power consumption since your GPU is already 90% loaded when gaming so you get only part of the hashrate but at a fraction of the cost!

Nice to know. What fraction of the hashrate do you get though? Can't be much since we're talking about GPU mining with the GPU at 90% already with the game, correct?

The bandwidth issue is so insignificant that I've never seen it mentioned anywhere before here today. The following Google search makes clear that the only people who are concerned about bandwidth are pool operators. http://www.google.es/search?q=bitcoin+mining+bandwidth&oq=bitcoin+mining+bandwidth&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12...0.0.1.1132.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..34.mobile-heirloom-serp..6.14.1436.5cQRBgwBq9s

There's all kinds of info out there . . .

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:49:17 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 06:59:59 PM by HR

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.

I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:38:05 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 07:56:36 PM by Jumbley

The sha256 algo has become the workhorse of DigiByte I believe, so I think we will be keeping it for the time being. The insurmountable network speed of bitcoin is what many people believe provides its supreme security but with perhaps the imminent introduction of quantum machines that could change. It's not like satoshi had not thought of this, bitcoin was always destined to change with technology. after all that's the beauty of software. DigiByte strives to make this technology available to everyone and our multi-algo approach stops the big boys totally running away with the ball but we are still playing the same game, got a dog in the fight if you like!  Wink

edit: I'll think you will agree, that's better than a dog in your logo!  Grin
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:29:48 PM

The sha256 algo has become the workhorse of DigiByte I believe, so I think we will be keeping it for the time being. The insurmountable network speed of bitcoin is what many people believe provides its supreme security but with perhaps the imminent introduction of quantum machines that could change. It's not like satoshi had not thought of this, bitcoin was always destined to change with technology. after all that's the beauty of software. DigiByte strives to make this technology available to everyone and our multi-algo approach stops the big boys totally running away with the ball but we are still playing the same game, got a dog in the fight if you like!  Wink

edit: I'll think you will agree, that's better than a dog in your logo!  Grin

The SHA-256 miners (specialized highly concentrated miners) have a 4:1 advantage over GPU miners (those who really make up the widely distributed network) and are the main reason why price is kept so low since 50 SAT is their breakeven.

In theory, as well as in practice, the SHA-256 miners tend towards centralization, and, therefore, contribute not to security but greater network INsecurity and vulnerability as Jared has clearly explained. It's the small guy who helps promote decentralization, real network security, and widely accepted real world use . . . as has also been clearly explained on numerous occasions.

BTW, speed? Cheesy

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:37:09 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 09:11:33 PM by Jumbley

The SHA-256 miners (specialized highly concentrated miners) have a 4:1 advantage over GPU miners (those who really make up the widely distributed network) and are the main reason why price is kept so low since 50 SAT is their breakeven.

In theory, as well as in practice, the SHA-256 miners tend towards centralization, and, therefore, contribute not to security but greater network INsecurity and vulnerability as Jared has clearly explained. It's the small guy who helps promote decentralization, real network security, and widely accepted real world use . . . as has also been clearly explained on numerous occasions.

BTW, speed? Cheesy
I said many people, I didn't mean me. Also, Many people over the last few years have bought mining equipment for home use and found themselves in a fix competing with the big boys and DigiByte is now a place for them, we have made them a home to come to.

edit. Speed, hash rate, hashes per second.  Smiley

here is an old article, I just googled.  http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/28/global-bitcoin-computing-power-now-256-times-faster-than-top-500-supercomputers-combined/#348212b028b7

It means it is currently impossible for someone with a powerful super computer or two, to attack the network if they chose to and technically is the umbrella under which we all stand. It's just that we don't all own it like we should.
crazy-igzo

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:13:09 PM

I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
without forgetting my nvidia.
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.
so I had no luck testing my stats.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:16:19 PM

BTW, speed? Cheesy
I said many people, I didn't mean me. Also, Many people over the last few years have bought mining equipment for home use and found themselves in a fix competing with the big boys and DigiByte is now a place for them, we have made them a home to come to.

edit. Speed, hash rate, hashes per second.  Smiley

here is an old article, I just googled.  http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/11/28/global-bitcoin-computing-power-now-256-times-faster-than-top-500-supercomputers-combined/#348212b028b7

It means it is currently impossible for someone with a powerful super computer or two, to attack the network if they chose to and technically is the umbrella under which we all stand. It's just that we don't all own it like we should.

Jumbley, no offense intended, but you need to educate yourself and grow up a bit. Please. Just because it sounds good to you doesn't mean it's true or correct. Remember, what you say here is taken as representative since you represent yourself as a self-styled spokesman, and, as such, you really need to either be very sure about what you're talking about, or take a step back and remind everyone that you are a casual observer talking off the cuff. Your last two posts are complete nonsense. I mean no harm, and wish you well, and hope you take this constructively, but since my private messages on the same have had no positive result, I'm addressing you publicly on the issue in the hopes that a public correction may have better results. I will not be saying this again, nor will I answer any related comments, nor will I correct nonsense in any future replies of yours to others, but, make no mistake, I will clearly call you out on any nonsensical response to anything I post as I will not tolerate any sort of simplistic frivolous undermining of important factual data. I hope I make myself clear.

In so far as educating yourself, please start with this video which, in its lonesome little self refutes just about everything you've said in your last two unbelievably uninformed and infantile posts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-haCDqhaTqc

My God, quoting Forbes. Yeah, they're the authority on widely distributed, permissionless, decentralized crytocurrencies! And next time you make claims like the many people who have made investments that you are defending, ask yourself first if you have some data to back your claim. That comment is so far out in left field I can't even believe you said it. You only make clear how ignorant you are when you make such unfounded and totally incorrect claims. YOU yourself.

Sorry to be so hard on you, but there comes a point . . . I've been holding back and biting my tongue for months now hoping to see you grow and mature . . . but I'm sorry, when it comes to undermining the hard work of others there is a limit.

Best regards,

HR

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:31:41 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 10:55:25 PM by HR

5000 is that the block reward? and the time frame? per day( 24h) or what ? and these calculation are bit too high don't you think ? I do nor have a perfect gaming rig, I do not consider it a gaming rig at all.
I have some old laptops that are no use to me but they still work, I may try to eliminate the display and why not the hard disk too, to minimize the electricity consume, I have like 4 2 (Pentium 4) and 2 (core 2 duo) I may use there cpu.( I have a electronic degree, that won't be a big of a deal)
without forgetting my nvidia.
I tried to do some calculation but, I had really big struggle with mining !! I downloaded the soft and followed the instruction, but my ind kept telling me that I'm not mining, so I changed to the websites that had worker thins so I started mining with there url etc.. and my worker status kept being inactive.
so I had no luck testing my stats.

Crazy, 5000 is a base figure to compare with. It is not the block reward and nothing was said suggesting such. Please read more carefully.

BTW, it's customary to quote the entire discussion, especially when there are items relating to to various parts of the discussion. We don't normally eliminate what you don't want to hear, and only quote what suits you.

If you have a laptop, you're going nowhere fast with mining. Sorry I misunderstood you when you said you were a gamer. Theoretically, you could mine with a CPU, but you'd be looking at maybe 5 DGB a day or so if you're lucky in practice, or, to put it another way, 1000 times less than my comparative figure to work with . . . so if you want to do a mining yield comparison with electricity use, you'd have to divide those kWh usages by 1000. Are you following that? The CPU's you mention are equally impotent - it's the graphic card that matters.

There's an OP, a website, a myriad of information in this same thread that can be searched, and Google (as I pointed out in a previous post). Get serious, will you? Or do you get your jollies wasting other people's time?

As for everyone who is serious, hopefully the time we've taken to post important informative information won't be completely lost and we'll remember where it is to post for future, more serious community members looking to get up and running in a knowledgeable manner.

Pages: « 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: