Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 [921] 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 11:04:46 AM

OK. I've had it up to here with the talks of getting on exchanges and market speculating and whatever. (not just DGB folks, the whole crypto community in general and sometimes even me) There's a billion flippin' coins fighting over a tiny segment of the population over and over and over and over and over again. Enough!  Angry

The team did something very clever by making Digibytetip work on LinkedIn. I don't know any other coins that have a flag in that space and it's arguably the most professional (English-speaking, I suppose) social network out there. Anything that works over LinkedIn can ride on the site's respectability. If you're really interested in making DGB fly, here's my suggestion.

Get yourself around $30-$50 worth of DGB and pick 6-10 people who have endorsed you for a skill. Send each one $5 (or Euro or whatever) worth of DGB - enough to get an Amazon card from eGifter - with a thank-you note for their endorsement. Of course also include that you can help them redeem the DGB (via Shapeshift) if they want. These are people who know who you are, trust you and will likely to be happy to get a $5 gift card. More importantly, they're people no one else is likely talking to. We can fight over exchanges and prices and such all day or we can step out of this little cryptobubble we all live in and find a much bigger world to introduce to DGB.

This is a wonderful idea. Can you talk a bit more about the specifics regarding how easy it is (or isn't) to buy an Amazon card right on LinkedIn and how you can go about getting a Shapeshift redemption? I'm sure that would be useful information for everyone thinking about doing this

I like this idea very much but I'm wondering if we asking a little too much just yet, because firstly it appears that you have to convert your DGB to BTC using some other third party before you can buy a gift card. I am a little concerned that this would put people off,  too much effort involved and people may think it would just be easier to deal directly with bitcoin or even easier to use fiat via paypal.

https://giftoff.com/  accepts Digibyte

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:24:09 AM

OK. I've had it up to here with the talks of getting on exchanges and market speculating and whatever. (not just DGB folks, the whole crypto community in general and sometimes even me) There's a billion flippin' coins fighting over a tiny segment of the population over and over and over and over and over again. Enough!  Angry

The team did something very clever by making Digibytetip work on LinkedIn. I don't know any other coins that have a flag in that space and it's arguably the most professional (English-speaking, I suppose) social network out there. Anything that works over LinkedIn can ride on the site's respectability. If you're really interested in making DGB fly, here's my suggestion.

Get yourself around $30-$50 worth of DGB and pick 6-10 people who have endorsed you for a skill. Send each one $5 (or Euro or whatever) worth of DGB - enough to get an Amazon card from eGifter - with a thank-you note for their endorsement. Of course also include that you can help them redeem the DGB (via Shapeshift) if they want. These are people who know who you are, trust you and will likely to be happy to get a $5 gift card. More importantly, they're people no one else is likely talking to. We can fight over exchanges and prices and such all day or we can step out of this little cryptobubble we all live in and find a much bigger world to introduce to DGB.

This is a wonderful idea. Can you talk a bit more about the specifics regarding how easy it is (or isn't) to buy an Amazon card right on LinkedIn and how you can go about getting a Shapeshift redemption? I'm sure that would be useful information for everyone thinking about doing this

I like this idea very much but I'm wondering if we asking a little too much just yet, because firstly it appears that you have to convert your DGB to BTC using some other third party before you can buy a gift card. I am a little concerned that this would put people off,  too much effort involved and people may think it would just be easier to deal directly with bitcoin or even easier to use fiat via paypal.

https://giftoff.com/  accepts Digibyte
Thanks 24, just tried that and it seems ok but doesn't appear to like hotmail email addresses.
So people, use giftoff not eGifter!
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:27:28 AM

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:40:03 PM

Can anyone direct me to a DGB Network speed/Difficulty chart for SHA256d please?
I can find instantaneous values but I'm looking for a graph.  Smiley
bogglor

Activity: 266

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:42:01 PM

Can anyone direct me to a DGB Network speed/Difficulty chart for SHA256d please?
I can find instantaneous values but I'm looking for a graph.  Smiley

Things like this are why I wish there was a block explorer you could easily customize to show only the values you want.

For example algorithm, difficulty, network speed. I know all these values are available because they are listed in the network monitor in the Android version of the wallet (each block found gives this information).

If there was a quick/easy way to get that list of values, creating a graph would be simple.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
bogglor

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:04:14 PM

Expanding a little more on my previous post:

One feature of a cryptocurrency is having all transactions in a blockchain so that any address/transaction can be traced and verified.

But, how does a normal user do this?

The blockchain is a large database of transactions and other data related to the blocks. If the blockchain is indeed some sort of database, there should be a way to query it.

Many times I've searched for some sort of program that can be easily set up to be a 'local' blockchain explorer for someone who has the blockchain fully downloaded. I've not found anything except applications on github which require linux and some sort of web server to access it.

We have to assume that when DGB (or any crypto) becomes mainstream-adopted that the average person will have no idea what the data in an online blockchain explorer means. They will not know how to look at the blockchain to search for previous transactions to see if people have paid, or if their payments have gone through.

I've mentioned before that it would be a good idea to have a blockchain explorer integrated with the core wallet, but it would also be nice as a standalone program that had more features. Something that could list all of the available fields for each block and let you view and/or export this data. Something like this will be definitely be needed for accounting purposes.

As it stands now, this lack of ability to easily search a blockchain is really a limiting factor to most cryptocurrencies. How can people use them if they don't know how to see if their payments have come or gone?

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:34:30 PM

Expanding a little more on my previous post:

One feature of a cryptocurrency is having all transactions in a blockchain so that any address/transaction can be traced and verified.

But, how does a normal user do this?

The blockchain is a large database of transactions and other data related to the blocks. If the blockchain is indeed some sort of database, there should be a way to query it.

Many times I've searched for some sort of program that can be easily set up to be a 'local' blockchain explorer for someone who has the blockchain fully downloaded. I've not found anything except applications on github which require linux and some sort of web server to access it.

We have to assume that when DGB (or any crypto) becomes mainstream-adopted that the average person will have no idea what the data in an online blockchain explorer means. They will not know how to look at the blockchain to search for previous transactions to see if people have paid, or if their payments have gone through.

I've mentioned before that it would be a good idea to have a blockchain explorer integrated with the core wallet, but it would also be nice as a standalone program that had more features. Something that could list all of the available fields for each block and let you view and/or export this data. Something like this will be definitely be needed for accounting purposes.

As it stands now, this lack of ability to easily search a blockchain is really a limiting factor to most cryptocurrencies. How can people use them if they don't know how to see if their payments have come or gone?
Something like that would probably be a 'one stop shop' for many of the questions I have. I'm sure there are community members capable of producing such a tool, shame I'm not one of them.

What I'm looking for, just isn't that sophisticated and is easy to find for most crypto currencies. I've noticed that the network speed for SHA roughly sits around 90TH/s but sometimes doubles for short periods. My assumption is that, somewhere something indicates that DGB is profitable to mine during these periods but for the life of me, I can't work out what! One of the things that concerns me a little is the fact that the DGB SHA network is way to small to withstand a 51% attack. My gut feeling is that a 'super computer' or two would have a much easier time achieving this despite the 5 algorithms used by DGB so I suspect that the DGB SHA and scrypt networks will have to be much bigger than they currently are to give DGB the kind of security that Bitcoin enjoys today.     
bogglor

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:02:07 PM

One of the things that concerns me a little is the fact that the DGB SHA network is way to small to withstand a 51% attack. My gut feeling is that a 'super computer' or two would have a much easier time achieving this despite the 5 algorithms used by DGB so I suspect that the DGB SHA and scrypt networks will have to be much bigger than they currently are to give DGB the kind of security that Bitcoin enjoys today.     

It doesn't matter if all of the SHA256 algorithm is taken by one entity. That's only 20% of the total DGB network.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:04:54 PM

One of the things that concerns me a little is the fact that the DGB SHA network is way to small to withstand a 51% attack. My gut feeling is that a 'super computer' or two would have a much easier time achieving this despite the 5 algorithms used by DGB so I suspect that the DGB SHA and scrypt networks will have to be much bigger than they currently are to give DGB the kind of security that Bitcoin enjoys today.     

It doesn't matter if all of the SHA256 algorithm is taken by one entity. That's only 20% of the total DGB network.
agreed, now let's imagine you have the use of a super computer on top of that.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:52:08 PM

Now I wasn't trying to put anyone off DigiByte, it's solid and I'm 100% invested in it because it is such an outstanding example of this technology. I know a few people get a little rubbed when we talk about the price and to be honest I don't blame them but it is the price that is going to eventually increase the size of the network so that it remains secure, IMO. Of course, I believe in Digibyte and the farther the price falls the more I can afford. It is good that we can spend it but I'm not spending any of my DigiByte yet, like many others, so it isn't really surprising that merchants are not falling over themselves to accept it, if they have heard about it at all. That is set to change soon because merchants and consumers really do want better ways of transacting with each other even if most of them don't know what that entails yet. The worst thing I've heard anyone (That wasn't a troll or an idiot or a combination of those.) say about DigiByte is that Digiman is bit childish, it is certainly not the preferred currency of criminals.

http://www.coindesk.com/cardinalcommerce-bitcoin-mass-adoption/
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:00:34 PM

OK. I've had it up to here with the talks of getting on exchanges and market speculating and whatever. (not just DGB folks, the whole crypto community in general and sometimes even me) There's a billion flippin' coins fighting over a tiny segment of the population over and over and over and over and over again. Enough!  Angry

I like this idea very much but I'm wondering if we asking a little too much just yet, because firstly it appears that you have to convert your DGB to BTC using some other third party before you can buy a gift card. I am a little concerned that this would put people off,  too much effort involved and people may think it would just be easier to deal directly with bitcoin or even easier to use fiat via paypal.

Good point. I agree.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

It's not a question of if, but when. Sooner or later there will be programs that turn the blockchain upside down and inside out.   Grin

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/586225652661104640

Care to elaborate?   Smiley

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:15:00 PM

You can now buy a sub and a drink for only 45000 DGB, perhaps   Huh
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:57:48 PM

What is your cheapest way of buying Bitcoin or DGB from FIAT in the UK?
CryptoRaver

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:31:44 AM

You can now buy a sub and a drink for only 45000 DGB, perhaps   Huh

I don't think they like to share their Merchants.

The implementing Digibyte multi algo, maybe they change their name in to Digibyte Wink
The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:04:55 AM

What is your cheapest way of buying Bitcoin or DGB from FIAT in the UK?

There is few bitcoin atm in UK: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-atm-map/
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:38:04 AM

I'm working with "some"Cheesy merchants to accept Digibyte and Guldencoin in Holland.Litepaid & Litebit will help me with this.
Guldencoin is a nation coin for Holland and we believe this will work perfectly together!
More info will come soon,Allot of work needs to be done first.  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
CryptoRaver

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:48:20 AM

I'm working with "some"Cheesy merchants to accept Digibyte and Guldencoin in Holland.Litepaid & Litebit will help me with this.
Guldencoin is a nation coin for Holland and we believe this will work perfectly together!
More info will come soon,Allot of work needs to be done first.  Grin

Nice one! hope more Guldencoin Merchants add DigiByte Wink
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:49:39 AM

We are not working with the merchants that already accept Guldencoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 [921] 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: