Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 [968] 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:32:26 PM

lots of good news but only a few buy orders...
everyone waiting for hard fork to happen ? or did i miss something

last few days only 3 btc buy  and 13 btc sell in orderbook
Are you sure it isn't the other way round. It looked like o0o0 picked up about 13 btc of DGB on his own.

And another 10btc incoming soon.

It's getting crowded in the top 5 positions of the richlist Roll Eyes

DMCFe6VYj8qF3pGyo2np7Vx8YevK4df4sj

This is me.... #6 on the list. Its a little inaccurate as my wallet has 56 Million DGB in it and my cryptsy account has another 6.5 Million DGB in it. Think some are in different receive address inputs.

With another 10BTC invested i'll be rank #5. Too hard to get to #1 as i don't run mining on DGB anymore but i'm happy to remain in the top 5.

DGB will go to 1000 satoshi i reckon. You're an idiot if you don't get in now.

Things i see in digibyte that make it attractive to be a potential (notice i said potential not definite) coin for everyday internet use
- Active development --> new features not just adopted stuff from everywhere else and a gimmick
- No negative clouds surrounding the coin --> trust and honesty is important for high adoption
- Fast transactions --> this is perhaps the most important thing for use case adoption in everyday internet services, products etc
- Low premine and its proven to be used to promote coin dev and use unlike other dodgy coin operations
- Price isn't insane daily volume, high low change. It seems stable so is reliable to use
- Coin amount is way more than Bitcoin but not crazy amounts like some other coins. People find dealing with 1 unit increments more friendly than o that'll cost 0.000541 coins. @ 6000 DGB per $1 approx thats just nice to use. Once the price hits 1000 satoshi it'll be like 6 DGB to the dollar. Nice and friendly.

The few things i think that can be improved
- I think the digibyte man is ok but it seems a bit too friendly kid like? who knows maybe the mascot appeals to the older generation for adoption.. i'm a younger user so i probably have a more serious outlook on net ventures... mum, dad and grandma probably think its ok.
- Jarrod seems active in the dev space and comments but i think a PR face or Jarrod being more noob user in your face would be great. You know the dev of the coin thats out there in locations for average users driving adoption and promotion... not the tech savvy people that come here. Its the everyday average people that will really get the adoption and use going.

Anyway... enough diverging... whoever #5 position is i'm coming to claim it Smiley. Thanks for keeping it warm.

http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte/

Thanks for sharing your thoughts i see some very good points and like your idea for the PR face! the other day i saw some bitcoin babes we could use that for DigiByte to Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:40:47 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 01:32:45 PM by halinyo

0:57 made me sad on the blocktalk... I mean Jared could have just said NO at the start. Someone made fun of dgb and even if they are not professional, this should not have been this way... For example I really appreciate vericoin on this... He had a nice chat... This will not probably affect the reputation of dgb, but was not necessary happening this way...

Indeed, I am waiting for a valid explanation from Jared, too.
I sold a small fraction of my DGBs because I desirably and quickly wanted to buy Vericoin after seeing the blocktalk.
It could have been that Jared turns up to the talk and shows his impact, and I buy more DGBs... Lets see what he says.

Best,
CryptoRaver

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:44:18 PM

0:57 made me sad on the blocktalk... I mean Jared could have just said NO at the start. Someone made fun of dgb and even if they are not professional, this should not have been this way... For example I really appreciate vericoin on this... He had a nice chat... This will not probably affect the reputation of dgb, but was not necessary happening this way...

100% agree with you Wink Let's see what the reason was Cool
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:37:03 PM

I just took position #4 on http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte

Jared seriously should be more vocal and PR like. If he is focus on programming someone should fill this void. Someone that talks to him regularly that has a knack for public appeal. DGB needs this to progress.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:52:01 PM

It's been said over and over again, but we forget. DGB is the antithesis of pump and dump! It's a cryptographic digital currency that's in it for the long haul - a class act with very savvy priorities and decision making criteria as well, I might add.

A couple of posts on the subject to illustrate my point:

Greetings Everyone,

First off, we understand the frustration some people are feeling as we ourselves are a bit frustrated. However, some things are outside of our control and that is the reality of the situation. Nothing bad has happened, just a slight delay in the overall big picture. Rome was not built in a day. Smiley

We will not be giving any specific announcement dates in the future as that tends to cause problems when an unforseen delay is encountered. We also want to avoid any major pump and dumps. Our goal is to achieve a steady consistant rise.

We have several irons in the fire right now and there are some very exciting things in the works. We have never been more confident for DigiBytes future!

As stated before, we are in this for the long haul and we are working hard each and every day to make DigiBye better.

Feel free to let us know any questions or concerns you may have. We are here and we are listening. Thank you all for supporting DigiByte! Cheers!

DigiByte is officially turning 1 year old today! DigiByte was successfully launched on January 10th 2014 at 12 PM MST. This marks 12 months of consistent, committed development. As such we fit in perfectly on this list. We are here to stay for the long haul.

Over the course of the past 12 months DigiByte has endured 3 separate hard forks, several updates and a very turbulent alt coin market. Through all this DigiByte is emerging as a dedicated leader in the digital currency space. We are working on several exciting projects to push DigiByte forward in 2015 and we are very excited for what the future holds!

We are very committed to the long term success of DigiByte and we warmly welcome everyone into the Digibyte community!

. . . and the beat goes on!

CryptoRaver

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:13:10 PM

Jared seriously should be more vocal and PR like. If he is focus on programming someone should fill this void. Someone that talks to him regularly that has a knack for public appeal. DGB needs this to progress.

Like a rocket to the first place Cheesy

For sure very good point, working on marketing is one of those things a lot of startUps give not to match attention on but is the exact same story adoption for the mass take years.

Good weekend all Wink
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:29:04 PM

Now, they look hot!  Grin
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 03:45:35 PM

Very nice and i'm sure they are in good hands  Wink

Jared is working around the clock at this moment on several projects.
I am in direct contact with Jared and everything i think is worth mentioning to him i will give him a notice about and place this on the Digibyteforum.com so it won't get lost so easy.As you might have seen i changed my signatures, There has been some talking with Jared about this and he will clarify it soon.

I'm trying to do my very best to assist Jared in everything i can and help Digibyte as far as my knowledge goes but my daytime job is taking allot of my time.I have started my own store when i turned 20 years old and i'm running it for about 5 years now,Hard times offcourse in this financial shit we all are in now but things are progressing very well.
Most of the projects offcourse are coming from Jared and the Digibyte team and a few from the community members and this really already is awesome to see!
Some projects for Digibyte that will involve my store and it will blow everybody off his chair,, but more information will come later on,,I promise Wink

Together we will build the future of Digibyte,100% sure.

So Yeah,Just little talk coming from me.

Cheers,

Michael,24

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:31:54 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:47:45 AM by EPLDCC

What services are people currently investing into / making?

I'm doing some development work to merge gaming with crypto with DGB as the primary currency system. I want to keep it DGB to encourage growth etc but depending on the first 2 months use i may have to branch out to BTC or LTC not because of lack of DGB faith but more adoption. I will be pushing DGB hard though. I'm prolly 1-2 months off completion. Will announce when close to release.

DigiByte has had some real cash investment and when people mine on the official pool 3% goes to support development. You are right that it is the community that will make or break this coin tho, with or without outside influence. ELPDCC has some work going on to help organize some community action and knowing him, I'm 100% sure this will be above board and transparent.

There have been lots of interesting comments here in the past day.

o0o0 ... I think that the gaming project sounds really interesting.  I don't know exactly what you're working on.  I'm not into gaming, in either personal or professional contexts.  But, I've always felt like there are lots of possibilities for integrating digital currencies into gaming.  I believe there are two really strong foundations for that integration ... (1) as a primary means of exchange in large MMORP environments  ... and (2) as a rewards system in smaller mobile-based gaming.  I had a student - about a year ago - who developed apps and games for mobile devices.  He developed a game that integrated DOGE (and DOGE mining) into the play.  I've been out of touch with him for a few months - but I had considered getting back in touch with him sometime this summer.  Regardless, I hope your project goes right and good ...

As far as my own project goes - the one Jumbley referenced above ... I'm putting together a website where we can (as a group) organize and fund mini-promotional projects ... sort of like a cross between crowd-fundind and the BTC foundation (without the crazy).  Initially, this is about developing some advertising campaigns.  But, I'm hoping that as time goes on, we can organize additional projects - combine ideas - develop applications, hire models to stand around in yoga gear?, etc..  Last week I posted about if people wanted to contribute some DGB to buy a banner advertisement on CoinDesk.  That's where this started, because I quickly realized that I'd need a more tangible structure to implement the idea.  So, that's the first project - but hopefully just the first of many.  I'll provide an update in the coming day or so.

I'm hoping to have at least the foundation of the site online by the end of the weekend.  I just need a few hours.

1. I do have a couple of general responses about the levels of involvement and suggestions.  I don't believe that anyone's DGB balance matters.  We all work with DGB as part of this community.

2. In my mind, the greatest strategic opportunity for DGB is to provide an e-commerce solution for people whose current product is not easily monetized trough traditional e-commerce.  How do you monetize social media posts (not how does Facebook do it ... how do users or companies do it within Facebook ... not how does Instagram do it ... how do Instagram users do it?  How do you monetize small-scale web traffic and advertising?  A couple of days ago someone suggested monetizing technical support ... stuff like that.  Clearly, DGB works within traditional e-commerce as well (Jumbley buys a shirt from 24Hraltrade).  But, the real opportunity is to provide solutions to monetize non-traditional e-commerce.  I'm looking forward to seeing these projects develop.   None of this is easy or quick ... it's not going to happen overnight.  It's going to take a long time.  (see next) ...

3. We need to let the infrastructure for exchange develop and emerge with time.  We could create payment gateways and plugins and games, etc..  But, unless there is an easy, seamless, and widely available backend to exchange DGB - it will limit the use and adoption by consumers.  Broadly speaking, this is the current struggle that is going on in digital currency.  Exchanges weren't set up to act as banks.  They were set up to act as exchanges.  Banks are for withdrawals and deposits.  Exchanges are for trading.  Many exchanges are currently working to move closer to banking (or investing) to attempt to solve the problem.  It's not an easy problem to solve.  It's expensive, it has different complications, regulations, etc., for each country.  I don't know the status of the DGB exchange project.  All this is to say ... we need to move forward as we move forward.  We can't leap into the future - we've got to push and crawl, we've got to work and develop, and eventually, when we get there it will be worth it.

4. My assessment of the DGB development and core team is that they are great.  They are engaged, devoted, and committed to the project.  But, they aren't magic.  There are obviously improvements and ideas that will happen ...  I actually have a list of things that I would like to see implemented to help professionalize and develop DGB.  I'm not going to give the whole list here, but it's stuff like annual letters to stakeholders and interested parties, weekly/bi-monthly development blogs, maybe even annual financial reports, and annual development strategies published publicly.  DGB already stands out as one of the most professionally managed coins.  I think we could easily push that a bit further, and I believe it would result in fantastic benefits.   One of our jobs (that is one of the jobs of this community) is to help contribute to the forward progress ... not to just come in here and chat, complain, gossip, etc..  For instance, If Jared is busy doing management and developing ... we can and should be willing to pick up the other stuff if he is willing to delegate to us.  We work with DigiByte.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:02:56 AM

Not magic but maybe a little bit of wizard, sometimes.

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:22:31 AM

lots of good news but only a few buy orders...
everyone waiting for hard fork to happen ? or did i miss something

last few days only 3 btc buy  and 13 btc sell in orderbook
Are you sure it isn't the other way round. It looked like o0o0 picked up about 13 btc of DGB on his own.

And another 10btc incoming soon.

It's getting crowded in the top 5 positions of the richlist Roll Eyes

DMCFe6VYj8qF3pGyo2np7Vx8YevK4df4sj

This is me.... #6 on the list. Its a little inaccurate as my wallet has 56 Million DGB in it and my cryptsy account has another 6.5 Million DGB in it. Think some are in different receive address inputs.

With another 10BTC invested i'll be rank #5. Too hard to get to #1 as i don't run mining on DGB anymore but i'm happy to remain in the top 5.

DGB will go to 1000 satoshi i reckon. You're an idiot if you don't get in now.

Things i see in digibyte that make it attractive to be a potential (notice i said potential not definite) coin for everyday internet use
- Active development --> new features not just adopted stuff from everywhere else and a gimmick
- No negative clouds surrounding the coin --> trust and honesty is important for high adoption
- Fast transactions --> this is perhaps the most important thing for use case adoption in everyday internet services, products etc
- Low premine and its proven to be used to promote coin dev and use unlike other dodgy coin operations
- Price isn't insane daily volume, high low change. It seems stable so is reliable to use
- Coin amount is way more than Bitcoin but not crazy amounts like some other coins. People find dealing with 1 unit increments more friendly than o that'll cost 0.000541 coins. @ 6000 DGB per $1 approx thats just nice to use. Once the price hits 1000 satoshi it'll be like 6 DGB to the dollar. Nice and friendly.

The few things i think that can be improved
- I think the digibyte man is ok but it seems a bit too friendly kid like? who knows maybe the mascot appeals to the older generation for adoption.. i'm a younger user so i probably have a more serious outlook on net ventures... mum, dad and grandma probably think its ok.
- Jarrod seems active in the dev space and comments but i think a PR face or Jarrod being more noob user in your face would be great. You know the dev of the coin thats out there in locations for average users driving adoption and promotion... not the tech savvy people that come here. Its the everyday average people that will really get the adoption and use going.

Anyway... enough diverging... whoever #5 position is i'm coming to claim it Smiley. Thanks for keeping it warm.

http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte/

Thanks for sharing your thoughts i see some very good points and like your idea for the PR face! the other day i saw some bitcoin babes we could use that for DigiByte to Grin

Booth Babes are just eye candy for when its already taking off with exposure. They are nice for events but i was thinking more a person or 2 that focus truly on getting it out there. These people would be the ones that appear on these talks and have open communications to Jared. In essence the voice surrogate for Jared's programming. They would keep in contact and intimately know the direction, ideals and development of DGB but they would possess the diplomatic, charismatic and level headed approach in the talks and communication. Remain calm and not get drawn into the fights and bs of the industry i.e. always remain professional, never act like its a personal thing and push on the integrity.

Its something most coins don't have. Bitcoin has its heads promote the coin in this way. I think DGB needs a few people with these qualities to donate their time to bring it forward.
@Digibyte - you should really consider this. A coin and tech is only part of the full picture. It needs promotion through human connection.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:29:14 AM

What services are people currently investing into / making?

I'm doing some development work to merge gaming with crypto with DGB as the primary currency system. I want to keep it DGB to encourage growth etc but depending on the first 2 months use i may have to branch out to BTC or LTC not because of lack of DGB faith but more adoption. I will be pushing DGB hard though. I'm prolly 1-2 months off completion. Will announce when close to release.

DigiByte has had some real cash investment and when people mine on the official pool 3% goes to support development. You are right that it is the community that will make or break this coin tho, with or without outside influence. ELPDCC has some work going on to help organize some community action and knowing him, I'm 100% sure this will be above board and transparent.

There have been lots of interesting comments here in the past day.

o0o0 ... I think that the gaming project sounds really interesting.  I don't know exactly what you're working on.  I'm not into gaming, in either personal or professional contexts.  But, I've always felt like there are lots of possibilities for integrating digital currencies into gaming.  I believe there are two really strong foundations for that integration ... (1) as a primary means of exchange in large MMORP environments  ... and (2) as a rewards system in smaller mobile-based gaming.  I had a student - about a year ago - who developed apps and games for mobile devices.  He developed a game that integrated DOGE (and DOGE mining) into the play.  I've been out of touch with him for a few months - but I had considered getting back in touch with him sometime this summer.  Regardless, I hope your project goes right and good ...

As far as my own project goes - the one Jumbley referenced above ... I'm putting together a website where we can (as a group) organize and fund mini-promotional projects ... sort of like a cross between crowd-fundind and the BTC foundation (without the crazy).  Initially, this is about developing some advertising campaigns.  But, I'm hoping that as time goes on, we can organize additional projects - combine ideas - develop applications, hire models to stand around in yoga gear?, etc..  Last week I posted about if people wanted to contribute some DGB to buy a banner advertisement on CoinDesk.  That's where this started, because I quickly realized that I'd need a more tangible structure to implement the idea.  So, that's the first project - but hopefully just the first of many.  I'll provide an update in the coming day or so.

I'm hoping to have at least the foundation of the site online by the end of the weekend.  I just need a few hours.

1. I do have a couple of general responses about the levels of involvement and suggestions.  I don't believe that anyone's DGB balance matters.  We all work with DGB as part of this community.

2. In my mind, the greatest strategic opportunity for DGB is to provide an e-commerce solution for people whose current product is not easily monetized trough traditional e-commerce.  How do you monetize social media posts (not how does Facebook do it ... how do users or companies do it within Facebook ... not how does Instagram do it ... how do Instagram users do it?  How do you monetize small-scale web traffic and advertising?  A couple of days ago someone suggested monetizing technical support ... stuff like that.  Clearly, DGB works within traditional e-commerce as well (Jumbley buys a shirt from 24Hraltrade).  But, the real opportunity is to provide solutions to monetize non-traditional e-commerce.  I'm looking forward to seeing these projects develop.   None of this is easy or quick ... it's not going to happen overnight.  It's going to take a long time.  (see next) ...

3. We need to let the infrastructure for exchange develop and emerge with time.  We could create payment gateways and plugins and games, etc..  But, unless there is an easy, seamless, and widely available backend to exchange DGB - it will limit the use and adoption by consumers.  Broadly speaking, this is the current struggle that is going on in digital currency.  Exchanges weren't set up to act as banks.  They were set up to act as exchanges.  Banks are for withdrawals and deposits.  Exchanges are for trading.  Many exchanges are currently working to move closer to banking (or investing) to attempt to solve the problem.  It's not an easy problem to solve.  It's expensive, it has different complications, regulations, etc., for each country.  I don't know the status of the DGB exchange project.  All this is to say ... we need to move forward as we move forward.  We can't leap into the future - we've got to push and crawl, we've got to work and develop, and eventually, when we get there it will be worth it.

4. My assessment of the DGB development and core team is that they are great.  They are engaged, devoted, and committed to the project.  But, they aren't magic.  There are obviously improvements and ideas that will happen ...  I actually have a list of things that I would like to see implemented to help professionalize and develop DGB.  I'm not going to give the whole list here, but it's stuff like annual letters to stakeholders and interested parties, weekly/bi-monthly development blogs, maybe even annual financial reports, and annual development strategies published publicly.  DGB already stands out as one of the most professionally managed coins.  I think we could easily push that a bit further, and I believe it would result in fantastic benefits.   One of our jobs (that is one of the jobs of this community) is to help contribute to the forward progress ... not to just come in here and chat, complain, gossip, etc..  For instance, If Jared is busy doing management and developing ... we can and should be willing to pick up the other stuff if he is willing to delegate to us.  We work with DigiByte.

Gaming is a funny thing with regard to MMORPG's and mobile games. Its hard for them both to succeed with integration because apple, microsoft and the google stores want direct payments. They don't want to let people earn outside their ecosystem and rightly so you'd be piggy backing off their market population without their cut, they want control of their monetary system. MMORPG's are the same. The companies want you to buy your ingame credits. They don't want you buying them elsewhere then bringing them in to use.

A way around it would be that they could take cuts of transactions. However players start doing payments outside of their network for services. I can see possible future crypto integration with games but i believe the game networks will have their own crypto api's that intercept payments to get their cut.
digitaldoxy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:40:21 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 04:58:18 AM by digitaldoxy

Gaming is a funny thing with regard to MMORPG's and mobile games. Its hard for them both to succeed with integration because apple, microsoft and the google stores want direct payments. They don't want to let people earn outside their ecosystem and rightly so you'd be piggy backing off their market population without their cut, they want control of their monetary system. MMORPG's are the same. The companies want you to buy your ingame credits. They don't want you buying them elsewhere then bringing them in to use.

A way around it would be that they could take cuts of transactions. However players start doing payments outside of their network for services. I can see possible future crypto integration with games but i believe the game networks will have their own crypto api's that intercept payments to get their cut.

I both agree with what you're saying here, and disagree on the basis of our own project on this very subject. Apple, Google etc, fair call... As you mention, they can still benefit by allowing an internal purchase of the crypto in game. There are two components to this kind of scenario working, and it's simply a matter of both crypto developers and game developers getting with the times.

We have a very big project still some 9 months from Beta release, it has taken a 7 figure capex to achieve so it's no small undertaking. We will use several crypto options exclusively for in-game purchasing.

How is this better for us as the game developer?....

We have approached the crypto's we plan on implementing and come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. By our project utilizing their crypto they benefit through increased adoption and resulting increase in value of their coin external to our game/s. We benefit by them giving us a bulk holding of a certain amount of their coin at it's inception price. This way it's in the mutual interest of both the project developer and the crypto owners to make the project a successful joint venture of sorts. We don't want or need to control the coin, nor its fiat value, and because we hold an interest in each coin, we actually want other developers to copy our lead by utilizing the same crypto's in their games, essentially piggy backing off our efforts to make the currency known and accepted by gamers in general. Hell, they can even copy the premise of our game if they want, and we are happy to provide the plugins/components for their in-game purchase system in a range of flavours.... It's win win for us, and this is what makes it worth the risk...

This approach has also had a flip side for us, in that nearly all of the crypto's we've approached have also become fiat VC's to our project simply because they see the potential of it, whether we use their crypto or not.

Food for thought Smiley
crazytrain

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:00:03 AM

keep a good job guys, this coin is strong.  Wink
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:21:59 AM

Will the changes to bittrex benefit low supply coins? Showing total btc in buys and total btc in sells, I am not a fan of this change as it makes low supply coins look better.
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:29:04 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 11:14:35 AM by One Six

Jared, the chick standing on the right side is mine.

DGB great buy now  Grin
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 07:29:56 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 08:00:10 AM by yoyoamigo

for the past few pages, pump and dump has been mentioned a few times. I would like to say a few things.

I strongly believe Jared knows very well that Digibyte still isn't quite ready yet for a strong rise in price. There is still work to be done. While i am typing this, the Digibyte Team are hard at work on the following:

- DigiSpeed
- preparing Digibyte to be market out (e.g. look at what they are doing with their website's languages)
- working on coming-soon features like merchant list, etc
- making sure everything is working fine: DigiTip, EasyMiner, etc

its difficult to avoid a pump and dump situation when lots of PR and Marketing are done or if a certain kind of news seemed to be very significant. The Digibyte Team has to take into account of sudden announcements over the news/media too. for e.g. Digibyte getting mentioned on Wall Street newspaper [an example], etc. Over the past several months, Digibyte has gained some serious attention and are being taken notice by some serious eyes if i might say.

But look at how far Digibyte has come. Those who have been following Digibyte closely for the past 1 year knows that the Foundation (base) of Digibyte is well built and it continues to be built further up...but even more carefully now. The foundation (base) is there already but isn't quite ready to take off yet. Look at the price of Digibyte for the past 3-4 months: it has been flooring at an average around 50-55sat. But Digibyte has been there before a couple of times for a while. Perhaps Jared too is tired of that price. Its time for Digibyte to stay above 100sat...once and for all. And the only way to do this...is to ensure that Digibyte can prove to be a force to be reckon with vs other cryptocurrencies. So Development has to be priortized as number one. Because if Digibyte's Development is top-notch, that will prevent a dump or at least prevent a huge dump.

Based on my observations, Digibyte is slowly getting more and more attention than before. It is performing a lot better than its 1st year. I can't imagine what kind of tensions the Digibyte Team are going through. All we know is...it's way more work than before and it certainly is growing to be more difficult too. Therefore its very important to tread carefully and not to create more unnecessary work. Its not like Digibyte isn't getting any marketing done. Some real exmaples are:

- putting Digibyte into our signatures
- Digibyte getting mentioned more on Twitter
- telling family and friends about Digibyte
- Using Digibyte at stores, etc
- Digitipping people

All these help to market out Digibyte slowly but surely over time. And it can only grow because more people will know and some will follow to keep track of it. What we do not want is a hype with nothing to boast or to say about. Both Development and Marketing have to be balanced in order to prevent a pump and dump. Not forgetting, Digibyte's competitors are also trying to catch up. So let us do the marketing while the Digibyte Team focus on the development.

When Digibyte gets darn good, it will spread like wildfire through word of mouth, news, media, etc. It will automatically get attention without having to do anything to market out. When you are darn good, you will get notice and you will be wanted.

I say...give Digibyte another 2 more months to see some nice flesh...ehh i mean armor. [provided there isn't any hiccups].

Cheers everyone!  Grin

Oh and not forgeting...

Vote for DIGIBYTE at the Altcoins Foundation

Vote HERE - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000833.0

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:31:19 AM

Will the changes to bittrex benefit low supply coins? Showing total btc in buys and total btc in sells, I am not a fan of this change as it makes low supply coins look better.

We just gotta start trading over there more and the volume goes up and it will get attention Smiley

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:24:51 AM

Hot blooded males, we have loads of them in here, I thought to myself. They won’t be able to help themselves. How can I persuade them not to post Bitcoin advisements all over the DigiByte Thread?
I know photoshop.
Miserable fail Jumbley, miserable fail.
 Huh
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1444
Merit: 1161

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:42:45 AM

Update on DigiByte book:

I have recently been ill with a cold this week.  It has obviously shown down my progress, but it has given me chance to rest/recover.  I am still on course to finish the book by July this year Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 [968] 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: