Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058430 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:08:56 PM

Cheesy yayyy good interview

Fucking nervous but i went ok i think.
Did not hear myself yet

And another radio station called for a interview this friday

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:21:21 PM

Another interview ? Cheesy you're on a roll, keep up the free publicity (Y). Bitcoin started small, unnoticed, then suddenly BOOM baby!, I hope DigiByte will experience the same thing  Wink

Yeah FunX radio this friday around 14:10

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:02:53 PM

We have some other great news guys!    You can now download the House of blue jeans IOS app!
https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/house-of-blue-jeans/id1020640066?mt=8uo=2

bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:10:25 PM

Probably stupid question - if I mine Digibyte (with USB miner on Raspberry Pi) then I am a node too? How much difference does one node make at this stage?

If you are mining through a mining pool, then no you aren't a node.

You are a node if you have the full wallet open and connected on your computer.

If you were solo mining through the full wallet, then you would be a node, but few people do this.

Thanks for the answer.
So I could mine through mining pool on that Raspberry and also have wallet open on that same Raspberry all the time to contribute to the network, right? But how important for network is one node at this stage?

A cryptocurrency uses nodes to transmit messages, it's part of the process of creating/verifying transactions. The way I understand it, the messages are sent to random nodes each time. So with more nodes on the network, these transaction messages are not being sent to the same nodes over and over. The more nodes there are on a network the more secure it is.

Unfortunately, there isn't any incentive to keeping the full (core) wallet open on your computer all the time. In fact, it's a bit of a security risk to your wallet if someone gains access to your computer. But, it does make the network better. A good solution would be to add an empty core wallet that you never use to your computer and leave that running. Keep your personal wallet on another computer.

It's up to each person to decide if they feel it's helping or not.  In reality, one wallet isn't going to make a difference, but if everyone thought that way and turned theirs off, then it could limit the effectiveness of the network.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
Fenix_One

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:51:37 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 03:33:11 PM by Fenix_One

Probably stupid question - if I mine Digibyte (with USB miner on Raspberry Pi) then I am a node too? How much difference does one node make at this stage?

If you are mining through a mining pool, then no you aren't a node.

You are a node if you have the full wallet open and connected on your computer.

If you were solo mining through the full wallet, then you would be a node, but few people do this.

Thanks for the answer.
So I could mine through mining pool on that Raspberry and also have wallet open on that same Raspberry all the time to contribute to the network, right? But how important for network is one node at this stage?

A cryptocurrency uses nodes to transmit messages, it's part of the process of creating/verifying transactions. The way I understand it, the messages are sent to random nodes each time. So with more nodes on the network, these transaction messages are not being sent to the same nodes over and over. The more nodes there are on a network the more secure it is.

Unfortunately, there isn't any incentive to keeping the full (core) wallet open on your computer all the time. In fact, it's a bit of a security risk to your wallet if someone gains access to your computer. But, it does make the network better. A good solution would be to add an empty core wallet that you never use to your computer and leave that running. Keep your personal wallet on another computer.

It's up to each person to decide if they feel it's helping or not.  In reality, one wallet isn't going to make a difference, but if everyone thought that way and turned theirs off, then it could limit the effectiveness of the network.

Thanks again.
How big flash card do I need for Raspberry to mine and run wallet (node)?
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:04:56 PM

If the team are based in Hong Kong, would it be possible to get DGB onto the ANX debit card?

http://www.coindesk.com/exchange-anx-launch-reloadable-bitcoin-debit-cards/

That way, you could charge the card with DGB and use it to withdraw Fiat / make purchases.  Bitcoin & Startcoin are on there already.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 03:12:39 PM

http://www.bnr.nl/?service=player&type=fragment&articleId=2644230&audioId=2644786

The interview on the radio!

ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:48:10 PM

THX
ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:51:00 PM

We have updated some settings on DigiHash. The pool is now set to pay out after 50 DGB has been earned by a miner. We originally had this set at 0.1 but the TX dust was dramatically slowing the pool wallets down and people were mining to mobile wallets. We then set this to 500 but people were not getting paid out to their liking.

We will keep it at 50 for now to get peoples feedback. Let us know if you have any questions.

Also a note on coin control. If you go to move send a transaction and the wallet give you an error because its gathering to many tx inputs remember you can use coin control to pick which address you want to send DGB from. (core wallet only)

Test, something is wrong. I guess its messed up.
Can't connect to pool any more!
Please fix. THX

[18:31:17] Press any key to exit, or sgminer will try again in 15s.
[18:32:32] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[18:32:32] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
Which algorithm was this on?

groestlmyriad --- works now
qubit --- im on it now, works as well

What changes to the pool are done?
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:06:50 PM

digiknow, does anyone?  Grin

There will be 21 billion DGB in total supply and a DGB is worth squat! There is something like 2.1 trillion UK pounds in supply already and they are worth well a pound each. If just the people that didn't have much money in the uk switched to DGB, what would one be worth?
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:34:43 PM

digiknow, does anyone?  Grin

There will be 21 billion DGB in total supply and a DGB is worth squat! There is something like 2.1 trillion UK pounds in supply already and they are worth well a pound each. If just the people that didn't have much money in the uk switched to DGB, what would one be worth?

Digibyte won't ever play the role of national currency. It could however be an excellent e-commerce currency. Obviously it is going after the gaming market primarily for now, but who knows what other areas it could be popular.  I think speculating about digibyte's future value is quite difficult, as some of the markets are way too young (in-game purchasing/trading etc).

£ sterling is only worth what it is, because that is what we have to pay our tax with.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 07:11:02 PM

Today we have a very nice article about Digibyte and the Tofugear platform @ House of blue jeans!
The article is published in a big financial newspaper here in The Netherlands Cheesy

http://www.nrc.nl/handelsblad/van/2015/augustus/11/de-hele-dorpsstraat-aan-de-digibyte-1524811
We will get this article translated ASAP!

Read the article in PDF without registration (Dutch only):

We have the eng translation of the article ready guys.   Enjoy!
www.digibyteforum.com/NRC-DigiByte-Tofugear-English.pdf

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:04:35 PM

Today we have a very nice article about Digibyte and the Tofugear platform @ House of blue jeans!
The article is published in a big financial newspaper here in The Netherlands Cheesy

http://www.nrc.nl/handelsblad/van/2015/augustus/11/de-hele-dorpsstraat-aan-de-digibyte-1524811

We have the eng translation of the article ready guys.   Enjoy!
The entire High street using DigiByte
Retail
Intro
How can retail shops fight back against the success of online shopping? Clothing store House of
Blue Jeans in Zoetermeer is packed with technological novelties – and payments can be made using digital currency.
Photo caption 
House of Blue Jeans owner Michael Hauser (25) demonstrates the possibilities of the fitting mirror in his store.

Main article
Three wizzkids – one from Hongkong, one from the USA and one from England – temporarily moved into his store. For two entire weeks they worked, from 8 AM until 1 AM. The majority of the time they would be staring at their laptops intensely, while the entire store was covered in cables.
When looking at the House of Blue Jeans from the outside, nothing reveals what is going on inside. The at first glance somewhat basic clothing store for men has been elected as the European promo store for tech company Tofugear from Hongkong. The company loaded the store full of all kinds of technological functionalities, all meant to deliver the ultimate shopping experience to customers.
Retail 3.0, the new shopping, call it whatever you want – House of Blue Jeans is ready for it. Michael
Hauser’s (25) clothing store has now been open for five years and two months. Remarkable, seeing how he initially planned to join the army. More specifically, the mobile brigade. He passed all his tests, but then he had his wisdom teeth removed. During recovery from said operation, he received news from the Ministry of Defence: due to the economic crisis, they stopped taking on new recruits.

Retail shops have to offer customer experience and comfort
Many retail shops that have been hit by the crisis blame the internet. Ever increasing numbers of people do their shopping online.
Last year, online orders in the Netherlands equalled almost 14 billion euro’s. During the first quarter of 2015, the Dutch collectively spent 4,4 billion Euro’s online, a 19% increase compared to the first quarter of 2014, thus revealed data from branch organization Thuiswinkel.org

Retail stores are looking for ways to combat the popularity of online shopping. Why would a customer go to a bookstore when he can just as easily order a book from the comfort of his couch? Why would one go to the mall to shop for shoes, when he can have multiple pairs delivered at home and even return items for free?

The magical word for retailers is ‘omnichannel’, meaning the online and offline world become one. Offering suitable customer experience, service and comfort will be the way to increase revenue of retail shops.

When a premises in the High street became available. His father, who runs a greengrocers down the
road, asked Michael: why don’t you start a clothing store?
Hauser was not interested in selling women’s clothing – he knows nothing about that. Besides, the
High street already has plenty of women’s clothing stores. He decided to focus on sturdy yet affordable men’s clothing instead.
Friends of his father who also owned clothing stores taught him how to stock items. And now his store – outfitted with a motorcycle, a pinball machine and a jukebox – has been up and running for over five years. Of course, Michael felt the effects of the crisis, just like everybody in the High street. Yet, he always managed to turn a profit.

The entire High street using DigiByte
He doesn’t have a whole lot of competition. There is one store further up in the street selling more expensive brands of clothing, such as G-Star and Diesel. House of Blue Jeans sells quality jeans for about 45 euro’s and t-shirts for about 17,95 to 37,95.
At the end of each day, Hauser counts that day’s earnings. Every week he makes proper weekly reports.
He knows exactly just what comes in and what goes out.
His income is not made up of just euro’s, however. Hauser, who once studied at an ICT-school, accepts payments through DigiByte, a digital form of currency. He is currently trying to get the entire main street to participate and do the same. His neighbours from across the street - a restaurant and an outdoor store – have already joined him.
Hauser himself pays his suppliers using Digibyte. According to him, it’s about twenty times as fast and five times as safe as the bitcoin. Furthermore, it saves him a lot of money. Depending on conversion rates, he could lose a good 10 to 12 percent. Currently, his suppliers on the other side of the world receive payments within one second. Through an internet forum Hauser met the founder of DigiByte, Jared Tate, who then brought him into contact with Tofugear. Four months ago, Tate and the Tofugear squad suddenly showed up in his store. Just like in the digital world, the guys hit it off in real life. Before he even knew it, his store was elected as promo store, where Tofugear demonstrates all kinds of technological novelties to customers.
It took a while to set the entire operation up, but now everything is up and running.

Pants on the floor
When you put a piece of clothing on the wooden box next to the fitting mirror, the mirror will automatically show full 360 degrees photographs of the placed article. This is made possible by RFID technology; every piece of clothing is fitted with a RFID tag label that stores the articles details and automatically reads them when placed near the scanner. By moving your fingers over the photograph, you can twist and turn and look at the product from every possible angle. The fitting mirror also suggests clothing combinations. Buying these jeans? Try out this t-shirt with it.
The fitting room is equipped with comparable software. Thanks to iBeacons the system knows exactly who is in front of the mirror or inside the fitting room, provided the customer has previously downloaded the app to his or her smartphone. The fitting room is outfitted with a screen that shows photos of the items as soon as you hang these on the wall. That’s not all there is to the screen though. You can digitally request a different size be brought to the fitting room and you can pay using the screen – be it through iDeal or through DigiByte.
When a selection of clothing is put on the counter, the total amount shows up on the cash register in
less than two seconds. The shop manager no longer has to scan the items one by one.
“Tofugear was impressed: the Dutch scan their own products during a visit to the grocery store”
What did this all cost? Michael shrugs. No idea. The equipment is expensive, he knows that much. But why did the tech company from HongKong choose him? In the High street in Zoetermeer?
That is due to their contact on the forum, so says Hauser. Also, Tofugear was impressed by the
technological state of the Netherlands. The way we order dinner with our tablets and phones, the
amount of clothes we buy online and the way customers scan their own purchases in the grocery stores.
According to Hauser, his customers are very positive about the new shopping experience. Men find the technical gadgets behind the process very intriguing, even though he also has customers who don’t find the system easy to work with. Take for instance the man who is visiting the store with his elderly mother, who comments from her wheelchair. “Now, if you lose a little more of that belly and it would fit perfectly!”. The man removes the pants in the middle of the store before he realizes what he is doing. With his pants on the floor, he shuffles back towards the fitting room. Tofugear’s technical novelties were not meant for this particular customer.
SubversiveTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:27:38 AM

Quote from: DigiByte

21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
$1 - $10 long-term price target per DigiByte.

Shocked

Edit: I see it's a new page, I'll quote the news article.

We have the eng translation of the article ready guys.   Enjoy!
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:15:59 AM

Quote from: DigiByte

Shocked

Edit: I see it's a new page, I'll quote the news article.

We have the eng translation of the article ready guys.   Enjoy!
I imagine you are trying to make some kind of point here, for the life of me I have no idea what it might be.
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:02:52 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 09:08:44 AM by MemberCount+1

release date of Digispeed? I found no Information about it. What are the next steps?  Smiley
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 10:05:03 AM

Just finished another interview with a dutch Bitcoin journalist.

TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:13:23 AM

Even $1 might be a bit of a stretch. That would mean 5 times the current marketcap of bitcoin and all altcoins put together, at that time bitcoin would need to be at least 200 billion in marketcap. Also the dumping that will take place on the way to even 100 sat will be immense but once we passed that point it can go anywhere.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:16:55 AM

release date of Digispeed? I found no Information about it. What are the next steps?  Smiley

They have to make sure Digispeed is faster then 12 second block times that Ethereum has without causing chain splits. The chain splits will be a massive problem with anything under 10 seconds. This is where most of the $250k investment will be going towards as it will put digibyte ahead of the pack.

Anything slower then 12 second block times will be a waste and not marketable.

Chain splits was a big problem with ethereum when they were testing but with Multi Algo you can have 40 sec block times for each algorithm and still have under 10 second block times. Multi Algo can make faster block times much easier.
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:41:19 AM

Watch the Digireports on youtube. They are working on it  and have said late 2015 early 2016. However this could be subject to delays, as these things have a habit of providing unforeseen problems.
Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: