Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:13:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 11:40:58 AM

The wait is for the first altcoin to upgrade to 0.13 with Segwit, with hd seed support and with version bits support. Could it be Digibyte? I hope so!

OK, so you're hoping for Digibyte to be a forever ripoff of Bitcoin?  Huh

No hoping Digibyte shows that it is capable of ripping off of Bitcoin because all other altcoins were not capable to do a proper 0.13 codebase upgrade.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:04:04 PM

Core wallets functioning fine! There does seem to be an issue with some of the gaming wallets, freezing owner’s funds. The developers are able to help you recover your funds if you contact them but it would seem like a wallet to avoid, for time being.

Only the Qt wallet is working properly because it is decentralised (nobody can take it offline).

/rant on
The gaming wallets are centralised because they are based on copay and thus need backend servers running. If Jared cannot handle the servers then he should move away from the centralised solution.
/rant off

I have been very frustrated because since october the digibibyte ios wallet has been taken offline and it is not coming back. I only have access to my iphone (no android, no pc). Its important for me that the ios wallet comes back so i can access my funds. I have been waiting 3 months now. I had to delete some of my apps to upgrade my iphone but now i can not install the digibyte wallet again.

PLEASE FIX ASAP
Qt ‘core’ wallet is the way to go you said it yourself.  
I understand anyone’s frustration when their coins get locked up and they can’t get access to them. Jared should be able to help you recover your funds and get them back in your control but it is apple that has removed dgb from their platform. They gave no reason for doing this, I’d love to know what it was but I can only guess.

I know Qt wallet is the way to go.
I am not so frustrated because my coins are locked up (and that i can not access them). I am frustrated because only now after my post it became clear that Apple has removed DGB from their platform. Why the lack of transparancy? He should have communicated to us by posting here as soon as he discovered that. Transparancy is key. If i would have known this, i would never deleted the app or i would have moved the coins to the qt wallet.

As for the reason, i believe it has been removed because it is not on their approved list of cryptocoins and Jared brought the wallet under their attention by tweeting this: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/775297466509905920

Why wake them up and let them know that the wallet was sneeked in? Now they removed it and we are fucked.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:06:38 PM

Anyone manage to get an Electrum server up and running?

Make sure if they get up and running to add it here: https://1209k.com/bitcoin-eye/ele.php
There are already 27 altcoin electrum servers running. Seems like Bitcoin has still the most electrum servers
torikan

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:20:43 PM

Is not Coin so bad that it's in these levels?
I think the reputation is weakening. I think this Coin should be at least 50.
protonn

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 03:16:40 PM

it s going to have an electrum wallet? That is well worth keeping an eye on from now I love the elctrum wallet.

Yes,  the server has been available for a while now.

I want to have a couple servers added to the client code before I release it.  As far as I know,  one other person is getting a server ready. The client is ready for release otherwise.

I also plan to port ElectrumX in the near future. Most likely in January.

bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 04:16:32 PM

it s going to have an electrum wallet? That is well worth keeping an eye on from now I love the elctrum wallet.

Yes,  the server has been available for a while now.

I want to have a couple servers added to the client code before I release it.  As far as I know,  one other person is getting a server ready. The client is ready for release otherwise.

I also plan to port ElectrumX in the near future. Most likely in January.

I will ask Jared if he can provide some VMs but I could probably have 2 servers up running in the near future.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:54:47 AM

I am not so frustrated because my coins are locked up (and that i can not access them). I am frustrated because only now after my post it became clear that Apple has removed DGB from their platform. Why the lack of transparancy? He should have communicated to us by posting here as soon as he discovered that. Transparancy is key. If i would have known this, i would never deleted the app or i would have moved the coins to the qt wallet.

As for the reason, i believe it has been removed because it is not on their approved list of cryptocoins and Jared brought the wallet under their attention by tweeting this: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/775297466509905920

Why wake them up and let them know that the wallet was sneeked in? Now they removed it and we are fucked.

Jared did not try to sneak DigiByte onto Apple, he wanted people with Apple phones to be able to use DigiByte. For two years apparently that was possible, then Apple decided to have an ‘approved’ list of crypto coins. Jared may have assumed DigiByte was ‘approved’, because of it was longstanding there already.

Anyway it’s a shame but it’s done now, and if you want to let Apple tell you what crypto you can and cannot use, without explaining why they have decided to limit your access to this technology…you probably deserve to be ripped off with their products too.
They must really want to control you, maybe because they think you’re an easy touch for some reason, so you probably are …as you said “f----d” but DigiByte isn’t.

Not because Apple…..Apple have not protected any of their customers by doing this, I could understand if somehow this action protected their client base from something illegal. No they have stitched up their customers, it seems like a theme of theirs and I wonder how much longer people will continue to suck it up.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:00:57 AM

…you probably deserve to be ripped off with their products too.
When one was willing to be ripped off by buying their products, in the first place, then one already made that concession.  Tongue

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 08:43:47 AM

Jared did not try to sneak DigiByte onto Apple, he wanted people with Apple phones to be able to use DigiByte. For two years apparently that was possible, then Apple decided to have an ‘approved’ list of crypto coins. Jared may have assumed DigiByte was ‘approved’, because of it was longstanding there already.

Anyway it’s a shame but it’s done now, and if you want to let Apple tell you what crypto you can and cannot use, without explaining why they have decided to limit your access to this technology…you probably deserve to be ripped off with their products too.
They must really want to control you, maybe because they think you’re an easy touch for some reason, so you probably are …as you said “f----d” but DigiByte isn’t.

Not because Apple…..Apple have not protected any of their customers by doing this, I could understand if somehow this action protected their client base from something illegal. No they have stitched up their customers, it seems like a theme of theirs and I wonder how much longer people will continue to suck it up.

Many thanks for explaining. It is done for me when Jared backs this up. I am not saying that i do not trust you but i would prefer if Jared comes and confirms this is the case (and that Apple rejected DigiByte and it is not coming back) then it will be more official. Now i have to believe your word and i do not know where you get this information from. As i said transparancy is key for me.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 09:01:33 AM

We would be glad for everyone to help us test DigiBit!

Introducing ★★ DigiBit★★  v0.1.0

This wallet is still being tested, please transfer small amounts at first until we officially release it.
This is a completely separate wallet system that uses a "digibit.wallet" file

What is DigiBit? DigiBit is a DigiByte port of the MultiBit Bitcoin wallet. The key advantage of DigiBit is it does not require a new user to download the entire DigiByte chain. It syncs with the network by downloading the block headers only very quickly. Just as satoshi specified in the original white paper (simplified payment verification).

MultiBit is a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux

MultiBit makes performing Bitcoin transactions quick and simple
MultiBit comes in a variety of languages because Bitcoin is without borders
MultiBit is free to download and is open source (MIT license)
MultiBit is easy to install
https://multibit.org/

Download the OSX DMG Wallet here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/digibit-0.1.0.dmg

Download Windows Wallet here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/digibit-0.1.0-windows-setup.exe

GitHub Source: https://github.com/digibyte/digibit

Edit:
DigiBit uses a file named "digibit.wallet" located in the C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\DigiBit folder under app settings very similar to DigiByte core wallet.

That file needs to be backed up just like wallet.dat for core.

What happend with digibit? A friend of mine bought digibytes on my recommendation and wants to install digibit on his macbook because he has not much free space on his harddisk (currently the coins are on poloniex). The above links are not working and i can not find them on the website.
ReSl

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:40:30 PM

★★DigiByte Gaming is down! ★★

Please fix ASAP. THX

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.
ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

Please fix ASAP. THX

If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

BTW digibyte IRC also down...
bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:54:28 PM

This wallet is still being tested, please transfer small amounts at first until we officially release it.

What is DigiBit? DigiBit is a DigiByte port of the MultiBit Bitcoin wallet. The key advantage of DigiBit is it does not require a new user to download the entire DigiByte chain. It syncs with the network by downloading the block headers only very quickly. Just as satoshi specified in the original white paper (simplified payment verification).

MultiBit is a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux

Download the OSX DMG Wallet here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/digibit-0.1.0.dmg

Download Windows Wallet here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files/digibit-0.1.0-windows-setup.exe

Edit:
DigiBit uses a file named "digibit.wallet" located in the C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\DigiBit folder under app settings very similar to DigiByte core wallet.

What happend with digibit? A friend of mine bought digibytes on my recommendation and wants to install digibit on his macbook because he has not much free space on his harddisk (currently the coins are on poloniex). The above links are not working and i can not find them on the website.

A community member is working on electrum wallets which is a lite-wallet that your friend will be able to use.

Please fix ASAP. THX

Forwarded to Jared.

Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 09:06:02 PM

Edit:

A community member is working on electrum wallets which is a lite-wallet that your friend will be able to use.

I understand but what happend to digibit? Its not normal to take wallets down without any notice. Im ok if it doesnt come back but please what happend to it?
Romeo1979

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:49:51 PM

what happened with this coin? I heard its an obvious buy for a couple last months... and now it went so low that I'm not sure anymore...

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:16:34 PM

what happened with this coin? I heard its an obvious buy for a couple last months... and now it went so low that I'm not sure anymore...
What happened is BTC is just under $800, which in turn lowers the vs BTC cost of every coin (thereby keeping the same $ value)  Wink

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Romeo1979

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:28:37 PM

What happened is BTC is just under $800, which in turn lowers the vs BTC cost of every coin (thereby keeping the same $ value)  Wink

As I remeber it costed 50 sats when the BTC was at 700$

mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 02:48:40 PM

Yeah, and now btc is ~20%up and Dgb is 60% down...
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 02:58:24 PM

It happens often that alts overreact when BTC rallies to then correct later when BTC reaches the top.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:12:17 AM

It happens often that alts overreact when BTC rallies to then correct later when BTC reaches the top.

I agree, it's common to see greater drops in alts than the respective rise in BTC. Weird that ppl would sell in that case
Pages: « 1 ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: