Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 03:18:51 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 03:58:07 AM by rapture333

Not necessarily, lowering the block reward will lower the inflation rate.

As for manipulating the market, it's the law off supply and demand. Petty market manipulation is insignificant and innefective. You can create market demand by advertising the coin, but manipulating the market with fake buy/sell orders won't do very much. Stop focusing on the price, I don't say that to be optimistic, I say that because it's like trying to treat the symptoms instead of the cause. You may be able to hype a coin by advertising it, i.e. dark coin. People say "It is the only anonymous coin." That may not be completely true in the sense that you have to only use Dark Coin to spend anonymously, but it is a great marketing point. Some people say "Ultracoin is faster then credit and debit cards." Ultracoin's 6 second transaction time puts it in competition with traditional credit and debit cards, that is a great marketing line, or any other variation of. Put it in your signature, advertise it on forums, talk about it to your friends, create logos, banners, t-shirts, stickers, create a marketing movement behind the coin using slogans, logos, and facts.

The next thing to create demand would be to create products & services that you can use the coin with. This Minecraft plugin will be HUGE!! Because it will create potential demand for Ultracoin by opening it up to Millions of gamers. And at Ultracoins current price, it will make a lot of sense to bring the coin into the gaming world as a virtual currency. Otherwise, if you have a business you could accept Ultracoin, if you offer a service you can accept Ultracoin. If you have a website that somehow incorporates Ultracoin it will help bring legitimacy to the coin, legimitacy equals confidence, confidence equals investment.

Another thing I would like to see is a migration to Ultracointalk.org/, if we can create a forum as active as this Bitcointalk thread it will show investors that the community is diverse in discussion and active. It is very hard to showcase our community from here, if a potential investor comes and see's the most recent page where shareholders are talking about market manipulation, but do not know about our past achievements and future developments for the coin such as the Minecraft plugin, they will probably stop considering the coin within minutes (depending on how interested they are in the first place, which could range from a fleeting interest to a deep obsession). That is why longterm, I believe, migration to an Ultracoin only forum is a MUST to showcase the community, generate interest in the coin, and give investors a place to explore our accomplishments. Please, consider making an account on UltracoinTalk and using the forum, the more people that sign up and post, the more it will snowball into a full migration (which means more legitimacy to the coin, and more likely investors will buy, which equals profit for you.)

weblog

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 03:31:31 AM

If you haven't voted for Ultracoin on CoinPayments then please do, whilst we are currently number 1 we are long way from our goal of 100 votes and the competition doesn't close until the 31st. If you have any difficulties or concerns please post here for help. When you have voted please take to Facebook and / or Twitter to let others know. Current standing:

1 - Ultracoin - 67
2 - Asiacoin - 59
3 - Fluttercoin - 37

Voting url - https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

KC

Voted
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:01:55 AM

As for manipulating the market, it's the law off supply and demand. Petty market manipulation is insignificant and innefective. You can create market demand by advertising the coin, but manipulating the market with fake buy/sell orders won't do very much. Stop focusing on the price, I don't say that to be optimistic, I say that because it's like trying to treat the symptoms instead of the cause. You may be able to hype a coin by advertising it, i.e. dark coin. People say "It is the only anonymous coin." That may not be completely true in the sense that you have to only use Dark Coin to spend anonymously, but it is a great marketing point. Some people say "Ultracoin is faster then credit and debit cards." Ultracoin's 6 second transaction time puts it in competition with traditional credit and debit cards, that is a great marketing line, or any other variation of. Put it in your signature, advertise it on forums, talk about it to your friends, create logos, banners, t-shirts, stickers, create a marketing movement behind the coin using slogans, logos, and facts.

The next thing to create demand would be to create products & services that you can use the coin with. This Minecraft plugin will be HUGE!! Because it will create potential demand for Ultracoin by opening it up to Millions of gamers. And at Ultracoins current price, it will make a lot of sense to bring the coin into the gaming world as a virtual currency. Otherwise, if you have a business you could accept Ultracoin, if you offer a service you can accept Ultracoin. If you have a website that somehow incorporates Ultracoin it will help bring legitimacy to the coin, legimitacy equals confidence, confidence equals investment.

Another thing I would like to see is a migration to Ultracointalk.org/, if we can create a forum as active as this Bitcointalk thread it will show investors that the community is diverse in discussion and active. It is very hard to showcase our community from here, if a potential investor comes and see's the most recent page where shareholders are talking about market manipulation, but do not know about our past achievements and future developments for the coin such as the Minecraft plugin, they will probably stop considering the coin within minutes (depending on how interested they are in the coin). That is why longterm, I believe, migration to an Ultracoin only forum is a MUST to showcase the community, generate interest in the coin, and give investors a place to explore the discussion. Please, consider making an account on UltracoinTalk and using the forum, the more people that sign up and post, the more it will snowball into a full migration (which means more legitimacy to the coin, and more likely investors will buy, which equals value for you.)

When will you learn... stop trying to manipulate the supply and thus the price. Stop trying to manipulate the algo. Stop perpetuating lies... 6 seconds confirmation now wtf? I tried to warn dcgirl even about the block reward, but she said the 'miners' even wanted a lower block reward. I assume that was just utcminer. Stop with the cult mentality. Oh but the devs work haaaard--it means nothing. Grow up and enter the real world. READ other threads. It's like you think ignorance is bliss as long as the dev says they are 'working hard', utc has 'real value', and no one say anything 'negative'. All of the statements along these lines are absolutely meaningless, and the price will fall into oblivion until you learn.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
tw007tw007

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:53:59 AM

exactly right paulr1. much much much to low. i really can not understand why people are selling at this price

Because the decadence of the market make it more and more have no confidence. Smiley Smiley
tw007tw007

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

Remember guys not to sell your Ultracoins so low when your mining!

Yes,
In such a low price it is very unwise.
When prices rise to a certain extent in the sale of it!
tnfsmith

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:03:28 AM

Utc on the bottom but not reach  Angry
shiranf

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:06:52 AM

Looks interesting and i have voted.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE (http://coinia.net/Q) | QVGbr3FzyETEs9H1bD2NgZwqiPr2zmMrhB
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0) your ViCFa5yx5N5HqJmtZG3LtCpH5rgwMewhAK
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:32:06 AM

Another thing I would like to see is a migration to Ultracointalk.org/, if we can create a forum as active as this Bitcointalk thread it will show investors that the community is diverse in discussion and active. It is very hard to showcase our community from here, if a potential investor comes and see's the most recent page where shareholders are talking about market manipulation, but do not know about our past achievements and future developments for the coin such as the Minecraft plugin, they will probably stop considering the coin within minutes (depending on how interested they are in the coin). That is why longterm, I believe, migration to an Ultracoin only forum is a MUST to showcase the community, generate interest in the coin, and give investors a place to explore the discussion. Please, consider making an account on UltracoinTalk and using the forum, the more people that sign up and post, the more it will snowball into a full migration (which means more legitimacy to the coin, and more likely investors will buy, which equals value for you.)

When will you learn... stop trying to manipulate the supply and thus the price. Stop trying to manipulate the algo. Stop perpetuating lies... 6 seconds confirmation now wtf? I tried to warn dcgirl even about the block reward, but she said the 'miners' even wanted a lower block reward. I assume that was just utcminer. Stop with the cult mentality. Oh but the devs work haaaard--it means nothing. Grow up and enter the real world. READ other threads. It's like you think ignorance is bliss as long as the dev says they are 'working hard', utc has 'real value', and no one say anything 'negative'. All of the statements along these lines are absolutely meaningless, and the price will fall into oblivion until you learn.

+100

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

utcminer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:49:18 AM

everybody calm down and ask yourself wether you will buy some utc or not and why?
if you do not want to buy ,how can you persuade others to buy?
and if if you do not want to buy at this cheap price, tell us the reason,and we fix the promblem which make you fear,then we will go on.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Beave162

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:06:26 AM

everybody calm down and ask yourself wether you will buy some utc or not and why?
and if if you do not want to buy at this cheap price, tell us the reason,and we fix the promblem which make you fear,then we will go on.

1) learn better English
2) stop trying to MANIPULATE
3) stop LYING about the coin's features

Why would I persuade others to buy if I don't want to buy? Oh is it because you are only talking to people who already bought UTC at the over-hyped price? Cult.
That's it. Understood?

longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:08:58 AM

21k utc was sold @ 36x .........

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:11:36 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:26:03 AM by rapture333

Well what threads do you want me to read? And lowering the block reward decreases the inflation rate, I never said it would raise the coins price, I just implied that perhaps the coin has a high inflation rate which is cancelling out any increase in value. Its like what quantitive easing does to the USD value.

I approach UltraCoin with cautious optimism, and I very much do live in the real world. I am very curious, if bringing the community together to benefit our mutual self-interest (what I am trying to do) is a display of cult behavior, and lowering the inflation right by throttling back the block reward (if that even happens) is bad, what do you propose?

dasomsos314

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:23:00 AM

Utc on the bottom but not reach  Angry

Don't worry, immediately from the bottom. Smiley
Beave162

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:35:00 AM

Well what threads do you want me to read? And lowering the block reward decreases the inflation rate, I never said it would raise the coins price, I just implied that perhaps the coin has a high inflation rate which is cancelling out any increase in value. Its like what quantitive easing does to the USD value.

You equate any type of inflation to quantitative easing? Do you understand the value in mining at all??? I'm assuming you are heavily invested in NXT btw.

Here is a good one for ya: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108964.0
Or for a simple explanation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg6542962#msg6542962

Gentlemen. Coin generation rate means nothing. Do you understand initial pricing on exchanges?

2,880,000 MYR per day x 0.00000500 MYR/BTC = 14.4BTC buy support to maintain 500 MYR assuming every miner dumps every day.

14.4BTC buy support. That's it. You can start to worry when the daily Mintpal volume approaches this number.

How do you increase the value of a coin? You give people reasons to inject their BTC in it. You don't artificially lower the coin generation rate. The innovation alone in this coin gave me a reason to inject my BTC into it on Poloniex. Now, we are doing as much as possible to build projects around Myriad so people feel confident acquiring MYR at a healthy rate.

If you artificially lower the coin generation rate, the price may "rise" initially to a proportional level (which is morally objectionable to even do in the first place), but then you still need the same number of BTC to sustain it at that level. The artificial price rise is equivalent to a pump and offers nothing to the coin except unfair advantage to everyone mining this coin in its early days.

If you invested 1BTC into Litecoin and 1BTC into Myriadcoin, you would need both to increase 100% to get 2BTC despite their relative price difference against BTC. LTC would need to jump from 0.025 LTC/BTC to 0.05 LTC/BTC while MYR would need to jump from 0.00000575 MYR/BTC to 0.00001050 MYR/BTC. Using this logic, I would actually argue that LTC's coin creation rate is way too high because we've only seen it hit 0.05 LTC/BTC once on a glorious pump. There clearly is not enough buy demand to sustain LTC anywhere above 0.03BTC

Argument over.

lojsn

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:36:40 AM

Difficulty retarget of a day with 30 second block times will be instamine galore.
2,880 blocks at lowest difficulty?

i hope the reward will ramp up so that the coins distributed is linear on launch day rather than logarithmic .
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:42:03 AM

Cutting max coins or reducing block reward and halving ...

all hurt coin ......
utcminer

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:51:27 AM

1) learn better English

Why would I persuade others to buy if I don't want to buy? Oh is it because you are only talking to people who already bought UTC at the over-hyped price? Cult.
That's it. Understood?
whether

so you tell me learn better english,means you can not understand what i have said?

Beave162

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:52:49 AM

Inflation model cannot be changed or market will lose confidence in the currency. It doesn't matter that a majority agree with the change or not. Market often disagrees with majority opinion.

Even just smoothing the sudden drop would be a dangerous exercise as that opens a precedence that inflation model is changeable.

SunnyKing created the 3rd largest cryptocurrency PeerCoin. He knows some things. The UTC devs claim to know more than him. What do YOU think?

utcminer

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:55:10 AM

21k utc was sold @ 36x .........
do not worry,at least 36x is stable.

Beave162

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:55:57 AM

1) learn better English

That's it. Understood?
whether

This.is.priceless.

You made my night lol

Pages: « 1 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 [732] 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: