Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:36:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 [741] 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

Yo Peeps! Instead of spending so much time pointing fingers and spreadin' the hate take a look at this! If you spent 10% of that energy trying to gather some votes we would have this thing in the bag by now  Cool

Position   Coin   Name   Votes   Percentage of Votes
1st   UTC   Ultracoin   88   
2nd   GRS   Groestlcoin   85   
3rd   AC   Asiacoin   73

UTC UTC UTC
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:20:34 PM

We need you all to understand the importance for this voting

The big big importance for our UTC

We notice just that our competitors are closing in to much and to quick at this voting

Saturday May 31 at 24:00 hour the voting will be closed

100 votes for UTC is what we wish for but be aware that we need probably more as +100 votes to stay at #1

If you did dent vote yet please do it now (ask also friends, family and fellow cryptolovers for their vote)

WHY WE ARE ASKING YOU TO VOTE Huh

We are asking for votes for coinpayments.net, because coin payments is a payment processor. If they list us, then UTC can be used by any of their partners.

WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT WE NEED YOU TO VOTE Huh

The #1 most critical thing in the evolution of ultracoin is to have a payment processor. Not only does it let utc holders actually spend their utc, but it also shows us to be a legitimate coin.

WHY A SUCH LOW DONATION OF (ONLEY) $ 0.88 AND WHAT ARE WE HELPING WHIT IT Huh

Coin payments has decided to give all vote donations to the Water Project, instead of keeping those coins for themselves. The water project has nothing to do with anything else.    

SO WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO BEFORE SATDERDAY Huh

VOTE, VOTE AND VOTE.....

--> THE PROCES OF VOTING TAKES YOU ONLEY 5 MINUTES
(don't forget it takes three emails from Coinpayments you have all to confirm If you don't confirm the last email your vote will not be counted !!!!)

--> THE DONATION COST YOU ONLEY AS LITTLE AS  $ 0,88 CENTS

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:33:07 PM

I have to agree with musicmaker. As I recall there was a plan to drop nfactor back to n11 - this was still a good era for all the miners.

I have a feeling that (almost) all non-Chinese people are a bit scared of Chacha with nfactors switching. So, drop nfactor, keep it for a long time, invite miners Smiley

Lowering nfactor is quite good once you cofigure your miner. You can mine the same amount of coins but with lower power usage. Switching the nfactor back isn't so simple devs said.

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:34:33 PM

Why this coin keeps dying ?  Cry

is it true that one guy killed it because he holds majority?
Where did you hear that? That's simply not true and UTC is still alive Smiley

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
RichardMiner

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:38:23 PM

@Bumface , did you ask the pool owners to help UTC and put out the message on their homepage Huh

To all off our community members, UTC is in the DangerZone of the voting process !

Position        Coin    Name          Votes  
1st               UTC    Ultracoin      88  
2nd              GRS    Groestlcoin   86  
3rd               AC      Asiacoin       73

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:43:21 PM

+100 Uggle - we need lots of votes today................

And we don't need wasted time in negativity

Yo Peeps! Instead of spending so much time pointing fingers and spreadin' the hate take a look at this! If you spent 10% of that energy trying to gather some votes we would have this thing in the bag by now  Cool

Position   Coin   Name   Votes   Percentage of Votes
1st   UTC   Ultracoin   88   
2nd   GRS   Groestlcoin   85   
3rd   AC   Asiacoin   73

--

--
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:50:14 PM

I have to agree with musicmaker. As I recall there was a plan to drop nfactor back to n11 - this was still a good era for all the miners.

I have a feeling that (almost) all non-Chinese people are a bit scared of Chacha with nfactors switching. So, drop nfactor, keep it for a long time, invite miners Smiley

Not true fredeq! The constant manipulation will continue to take this coin lower and lower. What miners do you want to invite? How will that actually cause the price to rise? Because the price was higher when it was at NFactor 11?

I think most people here hate miners somehow which is why they dropped the block reward in the first place. I warned against it. Of course, I was ignored and shouted down because it was 'negative'.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
nuocmamt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:16:25 PM

I think UTC is going to go up soon. I tried mining X11 and I only made about 80 cents a day. Even with 6 r9 280x. It was very sad, so I went back to UTC mining. I just wanted to see how profitable it was. I saw the scrypt asics essentially destroy dogecoins. A few weeks ago doge was trading at over 100 satoshi, now its at 66. I think that miners will slowly realize that their mining options will dwindle to the scrypt-N or scrypt-chacha coins before new coin algorithms come out.
musicmaker613

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:26:20 PM

Not true fredeq! The constant manipulation will continue to take this coin lower and lower. What miners do you want to invite? How will that actually cause the price to rise? Because the price was higher when it was at NFactor 11?

I think most people here hate miners somehow which is why they dropped the block reward in the first place. I warned against it. Of course, I was ignored and shouted down because it was 'negative'.

I'm making more UTC/day now, with less hardware, at N-factor 13 than I was at N-factor 11.  Difficulty drops at each N-factor due to the decrease in hashrate which makes it very difficult to gauge the long-term trend in difficulty over several N-factor changes.  But as I said, I'm making more coin with less hardware than two months ago.  The only way this is possible is if less hardware is on the network (fewer miners/fewer dedicated rigs).  Since I generate more coins, I can sell them cheaper and net the same profit as two months ago.  It's supply/demand economics in it's most basic form.  Price wasn't higher two months ago because N-factor was lower (although that made it easier to config hardware, which is another, yet related issue).  Price was higher two months ago because there were more miners dividing up the same coin supply (actually more since reward was still 50 UTC/block).  Less coin per miner meant they sold at higher prices.

Profitability is still a great marketing point for this coin.  And there are several areas where we can position ourselves to win over new miners:

*Continue providing better tools for configuring mining hardware such as the configgen page.
*Continue to investigate changing N-factor scheme to make mining consistent and user-friendly
*Develop tools and market to Nvidia miners.  I'm mining on 750ti's and they are loads easier to configure than my AMD cards are WAY more efficient.  Look for a big market of miners to arise when new Maxwell GPUs are released later this year/early 2015.
*Shorten POS - obvious
*Continue to position ourselves as the GPU mining alternative when scrypt ASICs push LTC/DOGE difficulty to the stratosphere (probably in 2014)
*Other thoughts?

SYS: SjFeMefQpgCRWuwRdiN3Hf8V6CkocV3Xdq
DOGE: DG4EwxvNCM5YFBQ8xo7pkEua2Nf1jRMmQg
Navyman47

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:36:07 PM

I'm making more UTC/day now, with less hardware, at N-factor 13 than I was at N-factor 11.  Difficulty drops at each N-factor due to the decrease in hashrate which makes it very difficult to gauge the long-term trend in difficulty over several N-factor changes.  But as I said, I'm making more coin with less hardware than two months ago.  The only way this is possible is if less hardware is on the network (fewer miners/fewer dedicated rigs).  Since I generate more coins, I can sell them cheaper and net the same profit as two months ago.  It's supply/demand economics in it's most basic form.  Price wasn't higher two months ago because N-factor was lower (although that made it easier to config hardware, which is another, yet related issue).  Price was higher two months ago because there were more miners dividing up the same coin supply (actually more since reward was still 50 UTC/block).  Less coin per miner meant they sold at higher prices.

Profitability is still a great marketing point for this coin.  And there are several areas where we can position ourselves to win over new miners:

*Continue providing better tools for configuring mining hardware such as the configgen page.
*Continue to investigate changing N-factor scheme to make mining consistent and user-friendly
*Develop tools and market to Nvidia miners.  I'm mining on 750ti's and they are loads easier to configure than my AMD cards are WAY more efficient.  Look for a big market of miners to arise when new Maxwell GPUs are released later this year/early 2015.
*Shorten POS - obvious
*Continue to position ourselves as the GPU mining alternative when scrypt ASICs push LTC/DOGE difficulty to the stratosphere (probably in 2014)
*Other thoughts?

How about posting expected hash rates (range) that a given GPU can expect to get.  Should be posted on the announcement page.
I doubt that many non-utc miners know what hash rate to enter in the block for Whattomine.com for Chacha (Nf13).
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:56:38 PM

ill be back cheerleading UTC again soon im busy killing CINNI at the moment Cheesy
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:06:06 PM

*Shorten POS - obvious
*Other thoughts?

How about posting expected hash rates (range) that a given GPU can expect to get.  Should be posted on the announcement page.
I doubt that many non-utc miners know what hash rate to enter in the block for Whattomine.com for Chacha (Nf13).

If anyone is willing to collate then this is my current output:
4 x HIS 7970 Radeon Cards with 3GB. Three cards are getting around 19kHz (one card has a fan HW fault so only manages 13KHz). The cards are overclocked and undervolted to pull around 1KW at the wall. At current N-factor and difficulty of 0.06 I'm showing 250 UTC which gross is around $4.50

KC
RichardMiner

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:25:43 PM

Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Embarrassed Lips sealed Cry Cry

WAKE UP !!!!

WE ARE LOOSING OUR #1 POSITION

Position        Coin     Name           Votes    
1st               UTC      Ultracoin       89  
1st               GRS      Groestlcoin    89

We need you all to understand the importance for this voting

The big big importance for our UTC

We notice just that our competitors are closing in to much and to quick at this voting

Saturday May 31 at 24:00 hour the voting will be closed

100 votes for UTC is what we wish for but be aware that we need probably more as +100 votes to stay at #1

If you did dent vote yet please do it now (ask also friends, family and fellow cryptolovers for their vote)

WHY WE ARE ASKING YOU TO VOTE Huh

We are asking for votes for coinpayments.net, because coin payments is a payment processor. If they list us, then UTC can be used by any of their partners.

WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT WE NEED YOU TO VOTE Huh

The #1 most critical thing in the evolution of ultracoin is to have a payment processor. Not only does it let utc holders actually spend their utc, but it also shows us to be a legitimate coin.

WHY A SUCH LOW DONATION OF (ONLEY) $ 0.88 AND WHAT ARE WE HELPING WHIT IT Huh

Coin payments has decided to give all vote donations to the Water Project, instead of keeping those coins for themselves. The water project has nothing to do with anything else.    

SO WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO BEFORE SATDERDAY Huh

VOTE, VOTE AND VOTE.....

--> THE PROCES OF VOTING TAKES YOU ONLEY 5 MINUTES
(don't forget it takes three emails from Coinpayments you have all to confirm If you don't confirm the last email your vote will not be counted !!!!)

--> THE DONATION COST YOU ONLEY AS LITTLE AS  $ 0,88 CENTS

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:30:44 PM

Anyone got any R9 290 settings im at about 16kh at the moment

tried using the Config tool but I have to lower the intensity down from 19 to 16 to get it working

I suggest you get YACminer. -R 10240 -g 1 -w 128 --buffer-size 3584 --lookup-gap 6.
Btw the idea for whattomine was that if you do not know the hashrate, you just multiply the start value by the same increase on scrypt.
Still I need to pull some extra time and add that dammned js adapt.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
BerserkU

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:30:50 PM

tried using the Config tool but I have to lower the intensity down from 19 to 16 to get it working

Bump
BerserkU

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:32:08 PM

tried using the Config tool but I have to lower the intensity down from 18 to 16 to get it working

I suggest you get YACminer. -R 10240 -g 1 -w 128 --buffer-size 3584 --lookup-gap 6.
Btw the idea for whattomine was that if you do not know the hashrate, you just multiply the start value by the same increase on scrypt.

Im using ultra coin miner  - don't really want to change to be honest
BerserkU

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:52:12 PM

OK, So the big question to the UTC team is - WHY IS DCGIRL LEAVING?

Something tells me she doesn't want to leave...
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

On Crypsty this evening DCGirl all but said she has left unless BIG changes are made. How can the Ultracoin Board let this happen? You only restructured the team 2 weeks ago.

From what I can guess DCGirl and the XWEB guy are doing ALOT for nothing and others are not pulling their weight with the workload.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

tried using the Config tool but I have to lower the intensity down from 18 to 16 to get it working

Im using ultra coin miner  - don't really want to change to be honest

I totally understand, but believe me, you only need to change 2 values. -TC to --buffer-size and -Intensity to -R.
Positive aspect is that you can tweak intensity as you wish, without big jumps.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

OK, So the big question to the UTC team is - WHY IS DCGIRL LEAVING?

Something tells me she doesn't want to leave...

I am in pm contact with dcgirl.
We are talking about several things now.

Only if dcgirl allows me then I will write some about our pm contact...
So have patient please... 

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Pages: « 1 ... 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 [741] 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: