Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 [5318] 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:59:03 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to DASH. What is DASH target price 5 years from now? Where does this community see this coin?

Do you guys see a world where BTC and DASH Co exist ....BTC being digital gold....ltc digital silver...DASH being day to day money...DigiByte bing the pennies of crypto

Bitshares running companies on the blockchain

Ethereum running our household appliances

Imo Dash picks up where Bitcoin left off and addresses the weaknesses that have appeared over time, the reducing node count is addressed by masternodes for example, incentivised nodes that provide second tier services. That allows things like transaction confirmations in seconds with InstantX and fungibility with Darksend and there's lots in the works for future updates, a massive increase in transaction volume for one but the development list for v13 takes things to a whole new level.

That's not to say Dash and Bitcoin can't co-exist, Bitcoin is making headway into the legacy financial system and that's essential for crypto as a whole but Dash is more like cash and Bitcoin more like bank or wire transfers.

The website's here, the video series in the "About" section is well worth a look:
https://www.dashpay.io/

Interesting. Thanks for your input I will continue to research DASH.

Make sure you do thorough research before you invest anything because you are very very likely to loose.  Have a look at how desperatley OTOH and EVAN (Biggest DASH bagholders) have been pumping DASH a few weeks ago. Its comical when a coin dev reiterates that its a great time/price to buy his coin, that he is buying now, etc.  It is very evident that they have decided there is no future for DASH and as a last ditch effort they have come up with a whole bunch of additional features they propose to implement in DASH coin and announced it recently at Bitcoin wednesday.  You cant be a jack of all trades in this space, stick to something and do that well.  Pretty soon they will anounce that DASH will make you coffee in the morning.  Very desperate effort to unload their holdings on unsuspecting noobs before they give up on this travesty of a project.

These large bagholders are dumping DASH at 10k at a time.  Thats 10 masternodes at a time.  Dont fall for all the stupid "cheap" coin bullshit which every coins bagholders scream when the price drops.

Do your research carefully and ask yourself if their actions make sense in the context that they are projecting.  Its too bad so many people wasted effort on side projects around DASH as well as lost money investing in DASH but thats the name of the game.  Don't join their ranks.

The best part is how EvanTheInstaminer advertises the following:

Hello Everyone

We're making great progress with PR and our marketing team was looking for other OTC buyers. If you're interested in getting some extra Dash and helping out at the same time, this is a great way to do it. Contact daniel@dashpay.io if you're interested.

If you're not interested right now, but you might be in the future please also email daniel@dashpay.io and he will add you to the mailing list. This is going to be the ongoing way expenses are paid for to promote dash.

Thanks!

DCT Thread : https://dashtalk.org/threads/opening-otc-trading-to-community.6173

At the same time he's spamming the thread with "i'm buying!" along with his amateur hour TA:

Cute buy wall 32btc @.0101

Finally got my money to the exchange  Wink

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff happening in the charts all at once, which is a great sign when you see a bunch of bullish formations at once. This is how I used to day trade for my firm back in the day. The general idea here is you go from the shortest time period, then you walk out to the longest. If you see bullish or bearish signals in all of the charts at once, it's quite meaningful. Here's what I'm seeing:

On the really short term chart, there's a triple top:

Moving averages are crossing as we speak, so momentum is changing from negative to positive:

If you step out a bit, It looks like we're going to cross in a couple days, for a much more meaningful MA

If we break above 0.011, I believe this was a false breakdown

When trading, there's also a couple other things to consider:
- The order book on the buy side, which is quite nice.
- Then there's the fundamental side for the trade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc, The budget system and governance system? Plus everything we're about to do)

Away, that was fun.... back to coding

When called out on what a bad trade this was:

I gave a condition for my trade and it didn't confirm.

Anyway, I'm still buying.  Wink

Now why would he need to buy coins on an exchange at all when Daniel@dashpay.io AKA Minotaur26 is selling coins OTC? So the DASH team advertise that they're selling coins OTC whilst promoting buying coins on an exchange. Brilliant!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:22:22 PM

Now why would he need to buy coins on an exchange at all...

Christmas is coming up. Never mind instamine - we need 'pantomime' with AdamWhite as AdamWhite.

Could be a great promotional tool - I think I feel a blockchain budget proposal coming on  Cheesy
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:32:15 PM

after overhead, a masternode earns approximately 15% or 150 dash per year.

so 10 masternodes would get me about 1500 dash per year?
Yes.

Here the evolution of the % (theoretical) with MN number :

Nice pic, is yours?
No, not mine, stole it from (who??? don't remember!!) on other forum.

It is mine, and it is for «7×576×365×0,45×100÷1000÷MNs_number» formula - so not very accurate (without DGW)...

This picture is more correct:

Minimal based on 3.87 DASH

Average on current 7.24 (I used crowning's site http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html)

I've done it to replace out-to-dated table here: https://www.dashpay.io/masternodes2/

It is without hosting expenses.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 11:33:34 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 08:55:01 PM by iCEBREAKER

Peter Todd endorses DASH's Instantx implementation

Nice font.  I see you're literally going for the ambitious Big Lie strategy.   Tongue

For all you lurkers, here's the the truth.

Peter Todd calls dash "snake oil."

Peter Todd calls dash's instant-x fake.

Peter Todd calls dash "bad crypto."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:39:23 PM

For all you lurkers, here the the truth.

...LoL Need to find parts for grumpy trainspotting bitcoin devs as well of course  Grin
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:40:34 PM

after overhead, a masternode earns approximately 15% or 150 dash per year.

so 10 masternodes would get me about 1500 dash per year?
Yes.

Here the evolution of the % (theoretical) with MN number :

Nice pic, is yours?
No, not mine, stole it from (who??? don't remember!!) on other forum.

It is mine, and it is for «7×576×365×0,45×100÷1000÷MNs_number» formula - so not very accurate (without DGW)...

This picture is more correct:

Minimal based on 3.87 DASH

Average on current 7.24 (I used crowning's site http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html)

I've done it to replace out-to-dated table here: https://www.dashpay.io/masternodes2/

It is without hosting expenses.
Minimal should be 4.65 ? 5-(7%) no?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:52:09 PM

Minimal should be 4.65 ? 5-(7%) no?

Yes, currently block to block the minimum is 4.17 on normal blocks adding the 10% that comes out in the budget superblocks adds up to be the same as 4.65 DASH.

But Alex is using next January number so 4.17 - 7% , although you still need to add the 10% that comes through the governance system.

We have not being on the minimum for a long time though is better to use Crowning's site to look at the average  http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:57:20 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/10/20/liquid-sidechains-and-the-price-of-bitcoin/

Liquid sounds incredibly familiar.  Liquid Dash maybe?

Liquid works by having participating members join a federation of validators. Each of these members has a stake in this federation, contributing a certain amount of bitcoins held as collateral. Because bitcoin is a bearer instrument, it is appropriate as a collateral and settlement since ownership can be proved cryptographically. The security of this collateral is kept in check by federated members.
At the time of the announcement, members included Xapo, BTCC, Kraken and Unocoin.
Partner exchanges transfer bitcoin funds to a shared multi signature wallet address. A Byzantine round robin consensus protocol,is applied for processing transactions, together with agreed upon rules on confidential transactions
moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 11:57:41 PM

Concerning block rewards, I've laid out everything in this spreadsheet:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/simple-masternode-reward-calculator-openoffice-spreadsheet.3030/

I'll add a 'hosting-cost' field if enough people want it.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:25:46 AM

Hey moocowmoo, do you recommend any particular Linux distro for a new hot node setup using Dashman?

My VPS provider now has options for Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10, and 15.04 in 32-bit, 64-bit, Minimal, Standard and squid3(?!) versions, plus a plethora of other OS options. 

My instinct is to stick to what has worked before (14.04, 64-bit standard version), but since I'm starting from scratch, I am open to trying a different version if it has better dash daemon performance or compatibility with your updater, etc. Thanks in advance.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:01:06 AM

good question

sorry but your avatar makes me want to buy DASH.

Something about it.......
has taken over my mind..

What is that? Some kind of berry?
moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 01:13:27 AM

Hey moocowmoo, do you recommend any particular Linux distro for a new hot node setup using Dashman?

My VPS provider now has options for Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10, and 15.04 in 32-bit, 64-bit, Minimal, Standard and squid3(?!) versions, plus a plethora of other OS options.  

My instinct is to stick to what has worked before (14.04, 64-bit standard version), but since I'm starting from scratch, I am open to trying a different version if it has better dash daemon performance or compatibility with your updater, etc. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, doesn't really matter. I'd recommend going with a minimal (server) install and just adding the few things you actually want on the host.

I prefer and mostly use ubuntu-14.04-64bit for consistency, but manage nodes on debian, centos, and one docker experiment on coreos and they all seem happy. The ones hosted on DigitalOcean have had no reboots or restarts ever, most with >450 days uptime.  They're expensive and don't offer bulk discounts (much to my chagrin), but you get what you pay for.

I've tried super-cheap vps hosting (with the same os') and it's been a nightmare of reboots, misconfigurations, and support tickets.

From what I've gathered, your host (and the talents of their admins) is much more important than your OS choice.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:29:45 AM

Concerning block rewards, I've laid out everything in this spreadsheet:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/simple-masternode-reward-calculator-openoffice-spreadsheet.3030/

I'll add a 'hosting-cost' field if enough people want it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I often am, but don't the Masternodes and miners each get 45% of the reward?  The last 10% goes to budget system?  Or am I totally confused and late to the update?  LOL  Thanks!

Also, the system hasn't been hitting the max 576 blocks per day, we've averaged this past 1.8 year, 541 blocks per day.  Of course we may have a higher count lately, but I wouldn't use more than 555 blocks per day.  So we're not generating that many coins.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:38:14 AM

What is Dash ?
now available is
8 different languages
17 different subtitles

please share in your community
https://dashtalk.org/threads/new-video-translations.6159/

moocowmoo

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 01:50:23 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 02:06:55 AM by moocowmoo

Added a hosting cost field and a dash-per-day-per-node override 'cuz I felt like it.

Just re-download the same file from https://masternode.me/downloads/diy_masternode_calc.ods

(and keep in mind, this sheet calculates the minimum returns)

---

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I often am, but don't the Masternodes and miners each get 45% of the reward?  The last 10% goes to budget system?  Or am I totally confused and late to the update?  LOL  Thanks!

Percentage depends on how you look at it. Per block or per month.

Per block, masternodes and miners each get 50% of the coinbase.
The coins minted per block have been reduced to 90% of their previous amount.
The missing 10% of minted coins are generated at the time of the budget cycle to fulfill the passed budgets.
(less if there are not enough accepted budgets to fund)

Per month, the masternodes get no rewards from the budget cycle payouts (10% of that months minting), so their percentage of total minted coins is adjusted down to 45%. Same with the miners.

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:08:03 AM

good question

sorry but your avatar makes me want to buy DASH.

Something about it.......
has taken over my mind..

What is that? Some kind of berry?
Looks kinda like a raspberry over the pi symbol, doesn't it?

FYI, if you want to try a masternode on a raspberry pi, I think there are better options now.  The Banana Pro is about the same cost and has a better network interface, infrared remote sensor, wireless networking, plus a SATA controller.  Speaking of Banana Pros, one just arrived today and I am deciding on the OS.  I am going to see if this will run a Mythtv frontend and backend.

Suggestion on servers, make sure you get at least 256MB of ram and 256mb swap.  I would suggest 512MB memory minimum as it looks like we will be using more ram as features get added.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 02:19:27 AM

Sigh, now I understand it is better to code and shut up. And that is what I am going to do.
^Yeah, except you didn't

Can anyone explain why anyone would take this guy serious? I just scrolled through 12 pages of his ramblings where he's trying to get a shitload of money for a non-existent whitepaper while attacking someone on reddit who had the "same" idea and generally being a snob-asshole with a superiority complex. Imagine Satoshi with that attitude and Bitcoin would've taken off like a boulder.

Either put up, or shut up.

Oh and please: Someone explain to him it's "UTXO" not "UXTO". Pretty ridiculous for a self-proclaimed crypto-expert. Roll Eyes

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:54:43 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 07:41:11 AM by tungfa

The Daily Decrypt 13
now with Dash price mentioned
 Wink

https://youtu.be/jPKHqZI8OnY

+ accepting Tips in Dash !
Dash: XyAja5GTkknDuYLR6TUry4EWLbpEGson2p
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:55:26 AM

Not correct. Me and Otoh did withdraw all , true with delay. I know Cryptsy for long time  and they had problems many times and kept paying to customers.
Interesting is that Cryptsy had bigest DASH trading lately.

I got my DASH & LTC, but am still awaiting over 70 BTC that were meant to be sent 2 days ago, contacted support yet again.

I am waiting for BTC TX over 6 hours now,
and now I am trying to move all of my DASH from there, almost 1 hr ago still no TX

Sad

Just to confirm that all of my withdrawals BTC and DASH passed trough!
Smiley

Long Live DASH!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:06:26 AM

Not correct. Me and Otoh did withdraw all , true with delay. I know Cryptsy for long time  and they had problems many times and kept paying to customers.
Interesting is that Cryptsy had bigest DASH trading lately.

I got my DASH & LTC, but am still awaiting over 70 BTC that were meant to be sent 2 days ago, contacted support yet again.

I am waiting for BTC TX over 6 hours now,
and now I am trying to move all of my DASH from there, almost 1 hr ago still no TX

Sad

Just to confirm that all of my withdrawals BTC and DASH passed trough!
Smiley

Long Live DASH!

good news
at least somebody !!
 Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 [5318] 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: