Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 [5292] 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
TheLazieR

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

A peer-to-peer distributed file system that seeks to connect all computing devices with the same system of files. Sound nice , could it be a nice feature of Dash Evolution? Smiley
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:31:27 PM

A peer-to-peer distributed file system that seeks to connect all computing devices with the same system of files. Sound nice , could it be a nice feature of Dash Evolution? Smiley

Storjcoin has been trying to build this for over a year now, and not much came out of it so far AFAICT. Also, let's go easy on the feature creep, someone has to maintain all that stuff, and there's no reason why this has to be baked into dash core. Some interested party could build it as a standalone application and simply integrate dash for payments.
Creat0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:32:41 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Dash is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Dash and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Dash main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Dash on https://cyber.fund/system/Dash.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

cryptonewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:35:52 PM

I tested darksend today!

I must say, I like it that you can premix your coins and then use that "dark balance" for sending anonymous transactions  Grin
Pretty impressed by the GUI as well.

My only remark (also related to the thing below) is that it took nearly 3 hours to mix 2 DASH... That seems a bit slow, but hopefully if we get more masternodes online, that won't be an issue anymore. But I'm willing to wait a bit. Privacy has a price, in this case it's waiting time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mixing slow sometimes because of a lack of people mixing, not the number of masternodes?

Well, that's why I asked before how the network knows if the masternodes are doing their job or are just idling and pretending to be an active masternode. They get the masternode rewards while processing transactions, so it needs to be checked if they are active or not

PS: I tried the monero wallet today and after a half day I needed to close it. My laptop became very slow. I don't know if there is a fix or not.
It seems there are still developers though, so if it isn't fixed yet, I think they will. But I wasn't able to compare DASH mixing with monero mixing.
So for now, it seems that DASH is at least a usable system.

And that's important of course. Having a lot of theoretical ideas (recently they are talking about "confidential transactions" ) is cool, but if you can't make it work, it's useless...
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:48:40 PM

Banks put aside suspicion and explore shared database that drives bitcoin

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/51c07a78-61cb-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3oXSpW51J

Is that article readable anywhere without a subscription ?

Nope.

Ewww - I clicked on it, saw it was behind a paywall and forgot about it until I opened a new tab in Firefox and saw a "recommended business news" thumbnail sitting in the first position among the usual "favourite site" thumbnails that you get in Firefox these days. It stayed there for an hour or two but has now disappeared. I assume it was a side-effect of the FT click, but I don't know whether the perp was Google, Mozilla, Microsoft (Win 10) or something else. Creepy though. Oh, the link was to a Quartz magazine biz article, not FT, so I don't think FT itself was the perp. Anyone else getting that kind of effect from clicking the FT link?

Adblock Plus did not intercept it. Maybe there's a role for some kind of Dash-branded Adblock Plus Plus in future.    Wink

Anything weird happens, I run malwarebytes (free).  I suggest you give it a scan just in case Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:52:51 PM

I tested darksend today!

I must say, I like it that you can premix your coins and then use that "dark balance" for sending anonymous transactions  Grin

My only remark (also related to the thing below) is that it took nearly 3 hours to mix 2 DASH... That seems a bit slow, but hopefully if we get more masternodes online, that won't be an issue anymore. But I'm willing to wait a bit. Privacy has a price, in this case it's waiting time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mixing slow sometimes because of a lack of people mixing, not the number of masternodes?

Well, that's why I asked before how the network knows if the masternodes are doing their job or are just idling and pretending to be an active masternode. They get the masternode rewards while processing transactions, so it needs to be checked if they are active or not

PS: I tried the monero wallet today and after a half day I needed to close it. My laptop became very slow. I don't know if there is a fix or not.
It seems there are still developers though, so if it isn't fixed yet, I think they will. But I wasn't able to compare DASH mixing with monero mixing.

And that's important of course. Having a lot of theoretical ideas (recently they are talking about "confidential transactions" ) is cool, but if you can't make it work, it's useless...

No, it's not slow because of lack of participants.  We have liquidity providers, at least 6 of them.  Things go fast until, I think, it hits a MN running an older version.  But on the whole, it's mixing pretty fast.  It always slows down at the end though Smiley  Because that seems to be when it's doing all the small amounts 0.1 etc...

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:57:49 PM

clearly a mistake...
You've yet to demonstrate a single piece of evidence that it wasn't a mistake. Besides, if Evan were a scammer he would have cashed out last May rather than quit his job and commit full-time to Dash, developing innovation after innovation.

The "instamine" couldn't have happened without massive amounts of interest from the mining community and existing code in the litecoin code base that limited the difficultly increases. Your assertion that this whole thing is a scam and not simply a mistake requires that:
- Evan knew about the flaw buried in the Litecoin codebase and knew he could exploit it by throwing massive amounts of hash at it
- Evan had an enormous GPU mining farm, and GPU mining software for X11 ready to go even though he had only created X11 the weekend before (verifiable by Github)
- No one else on planet earth mined the coin the first 24 hours (which is clearly false given the popularity of the thread and comments from known miners)
- Evan suddenly had a change of heart and within 48 hours, while working a full-time job, had coded a fix and pushed it out to the community
- After successfully scamming the community and instamining the coin, he failed to cash out all the coin he had accumulated, preferring instead to hold the coin until others discovered what had happened (e.g., the volume of coin that had been created) since SURELY it would be worth more then
- And finally, decided instead to quit his job, devote his life to Dash, and pump out innovation after innovation to keep the "scam" going
- And, oops, there's actual innovation going on here, so technically it's no longer a scam! Damn you Evan!!!

The assertion that it was a mistake requires that:
- Evan didn't know that the Litecoin code, which he'd just started working with, limited the difficulty adjustment too much
- Evan pushed out a fix as quickly as he could
- Evan went on to creating practical and innovative solutions to bitcoin's major flaws

1) The simpler explanation is almost always the right one
2) I don't know at what point your assertion becomes unplausible - probably after the second bullet - but it becomes downright laughable by the fourth or fifth
3) It doesn't even matter at this point... even IF it started out as a scam (which it clearly didn't), it is now an innovative cryptocurrency with more innovation and ambitious roadmap as any coin out there, it has a massive and engaged community, it has self-governance that will outlive Evan, it has an entire TEAM of salaried programmers (funded by the blockchain... mind blown!)... need I go on?

You are the laughing stock of this thread, and in the process you are shunning your LARGEST POTENTIAL INVESTOR BASE... other altcoiners interested in investing in anonymity technology. Had you and your developers come here with the attitude of "hey, how can we work together to bring awareness to the anonymity issue?" or treated us as colleagues or even treated us with a modicum of respect, I for one would probably be an investor in Monero, too (even though I'd have to learn to use your coin which 1.5 years in still doesn't have a promised wallet). But you and the developers continue to demonstrate that you are petty, childish, impish, disrespectful douche bags that spend more time on the Dash thread trolling than on programming your own coin. An OSX wallet would do more for your coin's value than all the trolling in the world here.

I'm not sure why you associate Adam White with Monero.  As far as I recall Ive never seen him post in the Monero threads or express support for Monero.

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:01:17 PM

I must say that I have received my .75BTC from Cryptsy with apology and  malleability explanation.
So I believe Otoh has good chances.
Cryptsy has long history of solving problems so I was kinda calm
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 07:09:02 PM

I must say that I have received my .75BTC from Cryptsy with apology and  malleability explanation.
So I believe Otoh has good chances.
Cryptsy has long history of solving problems so I was kinda calm

I'm not a huge fan of Cryptsy, but I've also never had a withdrawal issue with them that wasn't resolved with a ticket and a few days patience.

I have had several dash withdrawals hang which required them restarting their dashd.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 07:10:48 PM

I'm not sure why you associate Adam White with Monero.  As far as I recall Ive never seen him post in the Monero threads or express support for Monero.

You live and you learn, the dumb pro-botnet rambling adds a nice touch, wouldn't you agree  Tongue

source

Bonus:

A little lunchtime tail.

[

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:14:03 PM

dashman version 0.1.11 released

I think I'm finished for a week or three, let me know if you'd like to see other additions not in
https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman/blob/master/TODO

Enjoy!

protip: you can always run the latest version (commits between release versions) by prepending 'sync' to your command like 'dashman sync status'

Man!! You deserve a prize for this! Though I haven't used it, I've been following your work. Certainly hope to put it to good use soon!

Bloody fantastic. I know it's a script, but couldn't this be somehow integrated into an RPC call directly to the code?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:19:34 PM

Dashcurex is offline?
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:24:44 PM

Banks put aside suspicion and explore shared database that drives bitcoin

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/51c07a78-61cb-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3oXSpW51J

Is that article readable anywhere without a subscription ?

Nope.

Ewww - I clicked on it, saw it was behind a paywall and forgot about it until I opened a new tab in Firefox and saw a "recommended business news" thumbnail sitting in the first position among the usual "favourite site" thumbnails that you get in Firefox these days. It stayed there for an hour or two but has now disappeared. I assume it was a side-effect of the FT click, but I don't know whether the perp was Google, Mozilla, Microsoft (Win 10) or something else. Creepy though. Oh, the link was to a Quartz magazine biz article, not FT, so I don't think FT itself was the perp. Anyone else getting that kind of effect from clicking the FT link?

Adblock Plus did not intercept it. Maybe there's a role for some kind of Dash-branded Adblock Plus Plus in future.    Wink

Anything weird happens, I run malwarebytes (free).  I suggest you give it a scan just in case Smiley

Thanks, Tante. Kaspersky seems happy with it - haven't tried malwarebytes yet. It felt "corporate" rather than "hacker" if that makes sense. Anyway, I tried to get around it with a few Google searches and eventually got success (kinda) with this search phrase "www.ft.com/intl/cms banks". That gave a clickable link to the story (also kinda). The story appears normally, and if you can speed-read it's all there for about three seconds. Then a survey pops up, apparently sponsored by Google (not FT).

"To read the full article please do one of the following:
Question 1 of 3 or fewer:
Please select the businesses that you've had experience with in the last 12 months."

Blah blah. Since I'm feeling grumpy about the whole thing I didn't answer the questions, but they seem innocuous and might be a useful alternative to subscribing if you don't mind that kind of thing. My link had a very different mystery code (on the end) from the original that tungfa posted. Since I don't know what it represents, I won't post it here.

tl/dr: Try a Google search using "www.ft.com/intl/cms banks" to avoid the subscription fee.

fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 07:28:03 PM

Dash was the first coin that was attractive enough for me to become involved with to the extent that I stopped simply being a reader of BCT and actually created an account. Before that, I was simply a reader an investor. I have invested in other coins that I thought were innovative at the time like BlackCoin and PeerCoin (which thankfully I got out at a decent price). Call me a SHILL and keep convincing yourself that you're doing your own coin a favor, but I'm telling you, FUD only has so much shelf life before actually delivering something becomes more important. At this point, I'm sure that all the value your coin will ever get from trolling this thread has played out and now you're not only wasting your time, but you've damaged your own coin irreparably. I strongly advise you to regroup and think of another strategy. If you want mass adoption, it isn't going to come from stealing a few potential investors from Dash. If Dash eventually reaches mass adoption, this thread won't matter anymore anyway.

I've had my account a long time now, only post occasionally and sometimes not for a long spell. I pretty much 90% of the time read this thread on BTC over the others. That doesn't make my viewpoints any less relevant that I only post here. Keep turning off people like me... the rich guy with deep pockets that plops down real money into these projects. See where it gets you. Maybe if you troll hard enough, an actual usable wallet will magically appear for your own coin!

You could have had a major investor with me, but that ship has sailed. I wonder how many others there are like me that mostly read but don't post often that think the same way I do. I suspect it's more than a handful. It's time, Adam. Time for you and your ragtag group of full-time trolls to reconsider the negative impact you are having on Monero. Sophisticated investors - the ones that have the potential to make or break a project - do extensive research anyway. In the end, practical solutions win. Innovation wins. Trolling has only gotten you so far... nowhere. Again, if you spent 1/10th the time devoloping ideas for Monero and helping with the development as you spent here, you would be much better off.

+1

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:40:01 PM

... troll engagement ...

Please don't respond to these assholes.  Put them on ignore. 
cryptonewb

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:44:38 PM

I tested darksend today!

No, it's not slow because of lack of participants.  We have liquidity providers, at least 6 of them.  Things go fast until, I think, it hits a MN running an older version.  But on the whole, it's mixing pretty fast.  It always slows down at the end though Smiley  Because that seems to be when it's doing all the small amounts 0.1 etc...

yeah well, I only had 2 DASH in the wallet, so that's probably the issue.
What do these liquidity providers do exactly?
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:45:01 PM

clearly a mistake...
You've yet to demonstrate a single piece of evidence that it wasn't a mistake. Besides, if Evan were a scammer he would have cashed out last May rather than quit his job and commit full-time to Dash, developing innovation after innovation.

The "instamine" couldn't have happened without massive amounts of interest from the mining community and existing code in the litecoin code base that limited the difficultly increases. Your assertion that this whole thing is a scam and not simply a mistake requires that:
- Evan knew about the flaw buried in the Litecoin codebase and knew he could exploit it by throwing massive amounts of hash at it
- Evan had an enormous GPU mining farm, and GPU mining software for X11 ready to go even though he had only created X11 the weekend before (verifiable by Github)
- No one else on planet earth mined the coin the first 24 hours (which is clearly false given the popularity of the thread and comments from known miners)
- Evan suddenly had a change of heart and within 48 hours, while working a full-time job, had coded a fix and pushed it out to the community
- After successfully scamming the community and instamining the coin, he failed to cash out all the coin he had accumulated, preferring instead to hold the coin until others discovered what had happened (e.g., the volume of coin that had been created) since SURELY it would be worth more then
- And finally, decided instead to quit his job, devote his life to Dash, and pump out innovation after innovation to keep the "scam" going
- And, oops, there's actual innovation going on here, so technically it's no longer a scam! Damn you Evan!!!

- Evan didn't know that the Litecoin code, which he'd just started working with, limited the difficulty adjustment too much
- Evan went on to creating practical and innovative solutions to bitcoin's major flaws

2) I don't know at what point your assertion becomes unplausible - probably after the second bullet - but it becomes downright laughable by the fourth or fifth
3) It doesn't even matter at this point... even IF it started out as a scam (which it clearly didn't), it is now an innovative cryptocurrency with more innovation and ambitious roadmap as any coin out there, it has a massive and engaged community, it has self-governance that will outlive Evan, it has an entire TEAM of salaried programmers (funded by the blockchain... mind blown!)... need I go on?

You are the laughing stock of this thread, and in the process you are shunning your LARGEST POTENTIAL INVESTOR BASE... other altcoiners interested in investing in anonymity technology. Had you and your developers come here with the attitude of "hey, how can we work together to bring awareness to the anonymity issue?" or treated us as colleagues or even treated us with a modicum of respect, I for one would probably be an investor in Monero, too (even though I'd have to learn to use your coin which 1.5 years in still doesn't have a promised wallet). But you and the developers continue to demonstrate that you are petty, childish, impish, disrespectful douche bags that spend more time on the Dash thread trolling than on programming your own coin. An OSX wallet would do more for your coin's value than all the trolling in the world here.

I'm not sure why you associate Adam White with Monero.  As far as I recall Ive never seen him post in the Monero threads or express support for Monero.
Sorry if he isn't, but it's hard for the occasional reader to distinguish between all of the Monero trolls vs. "mystery-why-they-do-it" trolls. I've even postulated that perhaps some of these are accounts created exclusively to troll Dash so that the user isn't tied back to Monero... no way to prove that, but I have a hard time rationalizing any other reason why Adam White or anyone else would spend so much time on a thread of a coin they don't like.

I feel bad for honest people with integrity that believe in CryptoNote technology... the guys over here do Monero such a disservice.
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:47:51 PM

I feel bad ...

Stop quoting or engaging with the assholes and you'll feel much better.  I promise.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:51:07 PM

clearly a mistake...

Sorry if he isn't, but it's hard for the occasional reader to distinguish between all of the Monero trolls vs. "mystery-why-they-do-it" trolls. I've even postulated that perhaps some of these are accounts created exclusively to troll Dash so that the user isn't tied back to Monero... no way to prove that, but I have a hard time rationalizing any other reason why Adam White or anyone else would spend so much time on a thread of a coin they don't like.

I feel bad for honest people with integrity that believe in CryptoNote technology... the guys over here do Monero such a disservice.

Its the wild west, people will do what they want.

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

... troll engagement ...

Please don't respond to these assholes.  Put them on ignore.  

Not every Monero proponent is automatically a troll. His (indirect) question was neither provocative nor disingenuous. Maybe read it again? I will continue to take every opportunity to expose AdamShite for what he is, and his post was a gift.

Pages: « 1 ... 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 [5292] 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: