Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:01:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 [5298] 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722528 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:32:58 PM

So you are saying Evan got > 500000 DASH? that is still quite a lot  Undecided
I mean, that's almost 10%.

I already said that I hope DASH can overcome this issue, but it's not looking good at the moment...
I guess i'll delay that 800 DASH buy a bit. I want to get a total of 1000 to get my masternode.

It already overcame this issue some time ago and is operating healthy.

Questions any serious investor should ask themself are :

- what kind of roadmap is out there for the cryptocurrency i'm interested in ?
- what kind of progress has been made towards reaching the goals in that roadmap ?
- what kind of community am i dealing with ? On how many forums / media channels are they represented ?
- what kind of dev-team am i dealing with ? Are its dev-team members publicly known or are they totally anonymous ?
- how small or large is that dev-team ? what kind of skills does the dev-team have at coding and what kind of
  track record do they have with regards to bug squashing ?
- how many products and / or services can be bought with the cryptocurrency in question ?
- in what ways can one profit or get rewards from the cryptocurrency in question ? can one only obtain miner rewards
  or are there other kind of rewards that could be interesting to look into ?

Dash came to my attention when it was at its peak at the time (somewhere 2014) and i have been investing in it each month ever since,
slowly building up the number of masternodes i own.

Has it been a bumpy road ? yes
Am i still following that road ? yes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:33:54 PM

Instamined,  and proud it happened! Instamined was a great stroke of good luck.  Stop scaring people with nonsense.

You are spinning faster than PSR J1748-2446ad.   Cheesy

Botching the launch of what was then a simple LTC fork at best indicates dev incompetence and at worst dev malfeasance.

The Great Instamine of Dash is nothing to be proud of.

There should have been a testnet launch to catch bugs like "accidentally" mining 20% of all coins in 2 days.

BTC and LTC launched without an "accidental" instamine, so what's Dash's excuse?  Amateur hour?  Snake oil?  Both?

And what happened to the "No Premine" claim in the thread title?  Memory hole or what?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:39:43 PM

Has the node count taken a hit?  Anyone have a link to stats?

Nope, masternodes down about 3, was at about 3270 all week, rose about 8 in the last day or so and is back around 3270 now:
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/nodes-dash.html
EDIT: That's nodes rather than masternodes, dashninja link already covered Smiley

I guess from a price perspective having those masternodes is beneficial in the sense that its a little more work to sell the locked coins if someone panics.

Yes, it seems to be a fairly strong damping force, the count will move in big price moves but hardly moves at all with relatively small ones. I was expecting it to be way more erratic but folks seem very reluctant to pull their savings when they're gaining interest. There's been some nice in depth posts on the economics and they're proving fairly accurate so far, I was sceptical of the expectations at first but it's looking good.

Yes, MN stats certainly support that.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:39:46 PM

I would suggest that part of Dash's price decline is due to people just honestly needing the money for other stuff. Even if you didn't invest more than you could (at the time) afford to lose, circumstances change over the years and sometimes it's necessary to partially cash out and hope you can buy back in later. I have done this and I know several others have as well. Fortunately I've been able to buy back in later, but if you're in a temporary cash crunch, sometimes selling your Dash is all you can do. Anyway, I think that's part of the reason.

Pretty much all alts are going down at the moment as the BTC rally continues. Look at LTC, NMC & PPC, well established cryptos that usually rise along with BTC; well currently they're not maintaining their natural peg or slight increase, they're all dropping too. It's just one of those periods where everyone gets the alt heebeejeebees and start bailing out. Dash is being affected in the same way. Just need to hang on until the sun starts shining again.

It's basically a bloodbath on poloniex, this morning all alts with a significant market cap (e.g. >1 million) suffered from a pretty hefty decline.

Might be liquidation on cryptsy etc to get out. Many speculators don`t have wallets for all the alts they hold, but Bitcoin is the safe haven.
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:42:31 PM

I would suggest that part of Dash's price decline is due to people just honestly needing the money for other stuff. Even if you didn't invest more than you could (at the time) afford to lose, circumstances change over the years and sometimes it's necessary to partially cash out and hope you can buy back in later. I have done this and I know several others have as well. Fortunately I've been able to buy back in later, but if you're in a temporary cash crunch, sometimes selling your Dash is all you can do. Anyway, I think that's part of the reason.

Pretty much all alts are going down at the moment as the BTC rally continues. Look at LTC, NMC & PPC, well established cryptos that usually rise along with BTC; well currently they're not maintaining their natural peg or slight increase, they're all dropping too. It's just one of those periods where everyone gets the alt heebeejeebees and start bailing out. Dash is being affected in the same way. Just need to hang on until the sun starts shining again.

It's basically a bloodbath on poloniex, this morning all alts with a significant market cap (e.g. >1 million) suffered from a pretty hefty decline.

Might be liquidation on cryptsy etc to get out. Many speculators don`t have wallets for all the alts they hold, but Bitcoin is the safe haven.

That scenario would be reflected by dumps on craptsy, they can easily move their alts to polo without dumping.

the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:43:36 PM

I guess from a price perspective having those masternodes is beneficial in the sense that its a little more work to sell the locked coins if someone panics.

I think the bigger factor is that they earn interest. Whatever you lose in price moves, you can at least partially make up for in mn payments, if you wait long enough (unless of course the project fails completely). Not everybody is a day trader, some prefer the cosy feeling of "having their money work for them", so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of mn owners don't even watch the price regularly
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:45:48 PM

I think the bigger factor is that they earn interest. Whatever you lose in price moves, you can at least partially make up for in mn payments, if you wait long enough (unless of course the project fails completely). Not everybody is a day trader, some prefer the cosy feeling of "having their money work for them", so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of mn owners don't even watch the price regularly

Arent the MN payments very small?  How many DASH per month per node?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:51:29 PM

Arent the MN payments very small?  How many DASH per month per node?

You can check for yourself.. MN payments are each per 5.68 days
Mostly its between 2 and 4 Dash but its heavily influenced by number of active masternodes and mining difficulty

https://dashninja.pl/blocks.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:54:38 PM

Thanks for the link but I cant quite make out how much the reward amounts to per node.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:55:48 PM

Thanks for the link but I cant quite make out how much the reward amounts to per node.

Mostly its between 2 and 4 Dash, its heavily influenced by number of active masternodes and mining difficulty
The highest i ever got from one of my masternodes is 5.2 Dash.. very low mining difficulty that time and not as high number of masternodes back then.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:56:05 PM

So you are saying Evan got > 500000 DASH? that is still quite a lot  Undecided
I mean, that's almost 10%.

I already said that I hope DASH can overcome this issue, but it's not looking good at the moment...
I guess i'll delay that 800 DASH buy a bit. I want to get a total of 1000 to get my masternode.

Evan owns 270k Dash from what Elbereth has said. He bought almost all of it on the open market. Why is it not good for the founder to have a significant stake in their project? Seems like it's optimal--then their interests are aligned with the interests of the community.

Didn't see anybody complaining about Gates or Brin or Page or Zuckerberg owning significant stakes in their projects...

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:00:44 PM

[Attempt at using flamebait to deflect from discussion of Dash's Instamine]

Dash hitting 6-month lows.   Grin

Price may revisit zero any day now...

Your scam is busted.  Dump your bags on some greater fool and GTFO while you still can.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:03:00 PM

Nope, masternodes down about 3, was at about 3270 all week, rose about 8 in the last day or so and is back around 3270 now:
EDIT: That's nodes rather than masternodes, dashninja link already covered Smiley

Yes, it seems to be a fairly strong damping force, the count will move in big price moves but hardly moves at all with relatively small ones. I was expecting it to be way more erratic but folks seem very reluctant to pull their savings when they're gaining interest. There's been some nice in depth posts on the economics and they're proving fairly accurate so far, I was sceptical of the expectations at first but it's looking good.

It could also very well be that there is just an exchange of MM's going on. In other words, some MM owners are selling their coins, but other new MM owners buy them and set up their MM. As a result, the count stays about the same.

EDIT: Wpalcyznski, from DASH ninja I get the following -> Estimated Payment per Masternode: 0.57 DASH / day. So that would 17.1 DASH per month, which is approximately 1.7%. Annually that would be approximately 20.4%. One could increase this return by compounding, meaning setting up a new masternode from the rewards you get.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:07:24 PM

Poor trolls. Trying soo hard to create fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) in this forum and all the while
Dash's rank seems to be frozen on number 5. How very depressing it must be for them to observe that.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:08:07 PM

It could also very well be that there is just an exchange of MM's going on. In other words, some MM owners are selling their coins, but other new MM owners buy them and set up their MM. As a result, the count stays about the same.

EDIT: Wpalcyznski, from DASH ninja I get the following -> Estimated Payment per Masternode: 0.57 DASH / day. So that would 17.1 DASH per month, which is approximately 1.7%. Annually that would be approximately 20.4%. One could increase this return by compoundning, meaning setting up a new masternode from the rewards you get.

Sure but that scenario is beneficial for the price as they are not being dumped on the market.  Half of DASH market cap is locked in MNs and not available for immediate dumping when crashes happen and people panic.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:11:18 PM

EDIT: Wpalcyznski, from DASH ninja I get the following -> Estimated Payment per Masternode: 0.57 DASH / day. So that would 17.1 DASH per month, which is approximately 1.7%. Annually that would be approximately 20.4%. One could increase this return by compoundning, meaning setting up a new masternode from the rewards you get.

Sure but that scenario is beneficial for the price as they are not being dumped on the market.  Half of DASH market cap is locked in MNs and not available for immediate dumping when crashes happen and people panic.

Its not locked, one can simply move their masternode collateral (1000 Dash) to an exchange and sell them if they feel like it. The network just wont regnonice them as operating masternodes anymore then.
Remember that the Dash collateral is in full control by the person running a masternode.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:12:01 PM

Its not locked, one can simply move their masternode collateral (1000 Dash) to an exchange and sell them if they feel like it. The network just wont regnonice them as operating masternodes anymore.

I think he meant that there was an incentive in locking them. Not that they are necessarily "locked". Also, it's a bit hard to define "locked" here.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:12:33 PM

Its not locked, one can simply move their masternode collateral (1000 Dash) to an exchange and sell them if they feel like it. The network just wont regnonice them as operating masternodes anymore then.

20% annual return anit bad,

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:16:46 PM

Hi,

I've produced the unofficial interpretation of our official «What is Dash?» video.

I hope it will be actively used in some cases (in addition to official version).

It isn’t «fake news» - just a one more «landing page» and way to more effectively grab attention of audience and get more effective response.

P.S.
«Alex-ru studio» video production - I can produce video for your project!

Who would not like this one  Wink

Thanks everybody for your support and donations to my XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq  Grin

I've produced one more video - hope tungfa will approve and upload it soon.
But I am not sure 100% he will - video is a bit sexy and provocative!  Roll Eyes Tongue

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:18:54 PM

Hi,

I've produced the unofficial interpretation of our official «What is Dash?» video.

I hope it will be actively used in some cases (in addition to official version).

It isn’t «fake news» - just a one more «landing page» and way to more effectively grab attention of audience and get more effective response.

P.S.
«Alex-ru studio» video production - I can produce video for your project!

Who would not like this one  Wink

Thanks everybody for your support and donations to my XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq  Grin

I've produced one more video - hope tungfa will approve and upload it soon.
But I am not sure 100% he will - video is a bit sexy and provocative!  Roll Eyes Tongue

With her?  Lets see it.

Pages: « 1 ... 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 [5298] 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: