Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 [5302] 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722526 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:55:26 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 04:16:01 AM by tungfa

What is Dash Video Stats:

English:             11.000 (incl all Subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc

Portuguese (Br):   700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OECqdXbHgY

Chinese:                   400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikwyD0MAlfM

Russian:                   332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1RGl5Q84_s

Italian:               84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGFoyZX7CM

Bulgarian:               23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCNCMOiyNQ

Please keep sharing and watching !

Edit:

French:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFBpeFQlvLQ
(Fresh and just out)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Cryptsy have returned 2,886 LTC that I had on them over a week ago, just 70 odd BTC to go which it now looks like will be forthcoming shortly, so with the DASH that I was previously able to withdrawal that will be all of my > $50,000 bid wall funds safely returned, many thanks for those who wished for a good outcome in this and a big GFY to the haters who can only try and find some small thrill in the possible misfortune of others, to them - all that you wish on others will one day come back to you and many times over, try and learn from it and be less (self) destructive going forward perhaps.

That is great news my friend!!!  I'm looking forward to meeting you on that side of the pond soon.  Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:22:18 AM

Roll Eyes

I don't get how someone can be so ignorant all time.  It borders on the sociopathic.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:24:17 AM

Monero? Apart from being pumped by the poloniex trollbox by reference to darkcoin, it looks ok.

Some teething problems, but nothing major at the moment. Still some work to do, but one of their key USPs is ring signatures. So far, Evan has indicated they will be coming to Darkcoin.

* I2P:
I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.
eduffield, 10 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6643662#msg6643662

* Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2.
I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.
eduffield, 12 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6686819#msg6686819

*IP obfuscation 12 May 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6694377#msg6694377

So the main issue for any anonymity coin, IMO, is one of market positioning - can it catch Darkcoin's lead? If you read around, you'll find the anonymity competitors are all using darkcoin as a point of reference. MRO on Poloniex sort of supports this - they are using Darkcoin to pump MRO - that is both good and bad for MRO.

...18 Months Later...

So how's the progress towards these previously announced goals?  Were they (after a nice dump of instamined coins) abandoned Because Reasons?

Let's review:

I2P?  previously announced goal abandoned Because Reasons

Ring signatures?  previously announced goal abandoned Because Reasons

IP obfuscation (AKA masternode blinding)?  previously announced goal abandoned Because Reasons

And now, eduffield is announcing a goal to make Evolution succeed where ETH failed.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:55:33 AM

Roll Eyes

I don't get how someone can be so ignorant all time.  It borders on the sociopathic.

You know, it IS sociopathic, and why haven't you got him on ignore yet, BigR?  You're not doing your brain any good there!!!  Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:07:17 AM

when is the V13 release date?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:41:52 AM

Cryptsy have returned 2,886 LTC that I had on them over a week ago, just 70 odd BTC to go which it now looks like will be forthcoming shortly, so with the DASH that I was previously able to withdrawal that will be all of my > $50,000 bid wall funds safely returned, many thanks for those who wished for a good outcome in this and a big GFY to the haters who can only try and find some small thrill in the possible misfortune of others, to them - all that you wish on others will one day come back to you and many times over, try and learn from it and be less (self) destructive going forward perhaps.
Great, well you half way there, and litecoin even went up a little in the process.
Did you have an explanation from Cryptsy for the delay, and would you use them again, or is that it terminal outski from the big vern fraternity?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 07:14:53 AM

Roll Eyes

You know, it IS sociopathic, and why haven't you got him on ignore yet, BigR?  You're not doing your brain any good there!!!  Wink

Not to worry Ms. T.  I don't get worked up by either him or his other half.  :O

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 07:24:46 AM

Roll Eyes

Not to worry Ms. T.  I don't get worked up by either him or his other half.  :O

Instead of discussing me all the time, why not discuss why Evan Scamfield failed (after 1.5 years) to deliver on his previously announced goals of I2P, ring signatures, and IP obfuscation.

Nobody forced eduffield to make those promises.  But we are allowed to ask WTF happened to those plans.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:39:36 AM

Roll Eyes

I don't get how someone can be so ignorant all time.  It borders on the sociopathic.

You know, it IS sociopathic, and why haven't you got him on ignore yet, BigR?  You're not doing your brain any good there!!!  Wink

Not to worry Ms. T.  I don't get worked up by either him or his other half.  :O

Instead of discussing me all the time, why not discuss why Evan Scamfield failed (after 1.5 years) to deliver on his previously announced goals of I2P, ring signatures, and IP obfuscation.

Nobody forced eduffield to make those promises.  But we are allowed to ask WTF happened to those plans.

You have the right to say like upper paragraph.
It may have some fact. You did a good job to push dev team do some action.
Either premine or instamine, don't care,
just say if they cheat real fact.
Man who don't have developing power, can't say critically.

You are good man to point this, and you are expert.
"Nobody forced eduffield to make those promises.  But we are allowed to ask WTF happened to those plans."

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:40:10 AM

Oh man, that's good to hear.  I hope it arrives soon.  Oh yah, please don't take any notice of those ding dongs!  They're either extremely mentally ill or sad sods that do this for money.  Either way, they should be on ignore!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:30:45 AM

That is great news my friend!!!  I'm looking forward to meeting you on that side of the pond soon.  Wink

Many thanks & for all the ppl who PM-ed and good wishes re that, I'm in Spain for a couple of months, though next week visiting the UK until the end of Oct, then mid Jan to March 2016 in the States mostly likely, looking forward to meeting up as well :-)

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:44:51 AM

Great, well you half way there, and litecoin even went up a little in the process.
Did you have an explanation from Cryptsy for the delay, and would you use them again, or is that it terminal outski from the big vern fraternity?

This is what they sent me:

Hello Otoh,

I deeply apologize for the recent delays.

We have been undergoing major site upgrades, part of which is the verification systems. Some users who have verified
accounts have been affected with these delays.

I see that you have withdrawals pending and these should now process soon as we are nearing completion of our upgrade.

If you have not received your withdrawal, by Monday October 19, please reply to this ticket and let me know.

I plan to compensate you for the inconvenience by issuing you a free upgrade to pro account status which is also included in the upgrade and will go live also very soon.

Sincerely,
Jim  aka: JShock
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com

-------------------------------------------

& this:

Hello Otoh,

Your LTC withdrawal has processed, BTC withdrawal should move soon.
I had to cancel the XRP withdrawals, please try sending those again.

-----------------------------------

As to using them again, it is always good when an exchange recovers from adversity and makes everyone good again and as Tungfa said to me: Cryptsy is weird as they have always been, but eventually they always pull through (In my opinion with them).

So I expect that I will be using them again, their handing and communication of this outage could have been way better than it was, I expect it will be a long time now, if ever, that I feel confident enough to leave up that large an amount of bid walls there again though.

Edit: I didn't have any XRP or XRP withdrawals with them.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:06:49 AM

snip...

I2P?  

Ring signatures?

IP obfuscation (AKA masternode blinding)?

i believe I2P was scraped for a better idea or not needed after all. if evolution does not take care of it then it will get done but it's not a priority on my wish list.
btw monero will be replaced by zerocash soon, just thought i'd throw that out for no reason. Grin

ring sigs were replaced by a different idea (read the thread) without all the bloating monero suffers from which does not allow it to scale. the failure of monero to produce a official gui wallet has actually helped keep the already massive bloating down. fluffypony said the official gui will be ready soon, 2-3 months? 3-6 months? probably before zerocash makes monero obsolete. but by the time they get around to figuring out how to "significantly" prune the blockchain and implement it monero will be obsolete, replaced by zerocash. Cry

supposedly masternode blinding is being replaced with a better implementation in v13 evolution. waiting for the whitepaper.
it was put on hold last release to implement evans new idea of decentralized governance by blockchain. evan and the community decided to give that priority so we could fund more devs to work on our wish lists.

instamine! Kiss

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:20:21 AM

question:

What % of the number of transactions are darksend transactions?

I want to know this, because fungibility depends on it... I learned that monero has mixing by default. What's more, mixing can be done client side (and even offline). So I want to know how DASH compares...

I mean, XMR tech seems to be solid, but DASh clearly has the first mover advantage and also offers other things like InstantX and a GUI. So for now I'll stick to DASh as long as the tech is usable and not flawed Smiley

I don't think the fungibility of Dash necessarily depends on which proportion of transactions are darksend transactions. The traceability of funds depends on the number of rounds of darksend mixing they go through. The more rounds of mixing, the more difficult it is to trace. If you receive funds which are then "blacklisted" you can always put the questionable funds through as many rounds of mixing as you want, then it will be impossible to say for sure that the funds that you hold are the blacklisted funds, as they will have passed through many different addresses in many different transactions.

One important difference between Dash and CryptoNote mixing is that with Dash it is done off chain by the Masternodes, as opposed to the on-chain mixing CryptoNote currencies use. I don't know enough about CryptoNote to go in to it in much detail, but I believe that while it may be impossible to trace transactions today, in the future the technology may exist to trace all mixing which has ever happened as it recorded in the blockchain.
Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:22:08 AM

Great news Otoh. Glad the outcome is looking positive. I feared another mintpal situation was going to occur. Fingers crossed you get your BTC in the following days.

Walter
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:44:42 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 10:00:53 AM by toknormal

What's the bitcoin rally about this time then ?

Keeps adding $10 a day.

Dash is proving very resistant to this rally and managing to ride the fiat wave for the most part. Almost no volume on the dips. Valuation tight-elastic.

(But I'd still like to know what's driving it: TA ? (1-week EMA crossover), Gemini ?, China safe-havens ? Public panic ? The media -throwing-in-the-towel-on-trying-to-convince-people-of-a-distinction-between-"blockchain-tech"-and-bitcoin ?.....add your favourite fundy.
grzem

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:33:06 AM

So I expect that I will be using them again
Just don't do that, I was robbed there few times, as tickets stay open (some for a year, some for few moths).
They falling.

Since 2 years https://cryptox.pl low fees, no KYC.
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 10:38:25 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 12:54:30 PM by sangoku

My god, the Quebec accent is horrible.
It's a mix between duck and Quebec.

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:40:01 AM

What's the bitcoin rally about this time then ?

Keeps adding $10 a day.

Dash is proving very resistant to this rally and managing to ride the fiat wave for the most part. Almost no volume on the dips. Valuation tight-elastic.

(But I'd still like to know what's driving it: TA ? (1-week EMA crossover), Gemini ?, China safe-havens ? Public panic ? The media -throwing-in-the-towel-on-trying-to-convince-people-of-a-distinction-between-"blockchain-tech"-and-bitcoin ?.....add your favourite fundy.

the last auction of silk road coins is coming up on Nov 5th, they are pumping up the price so the bidders pay top dollar
Pages: « 1 ... 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 [5302] 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: