Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 [5490] 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:55:49 PM

Lol!  I wish we could hear ourselves on here some times.  We are to blame of course... We're addicted to the Trolls.
. And they are addicted to us!  It really is quite bazaar. It's like a weird crypto masochist/fetishists destination!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:07:49 PM

Lol!  I wish we could hear ourselves on here some times.  We are to blame of course... We're addicted to the Trolls.
. And they are addicted to us!  It really is quite bazaar. It's like a weird crypto masochist/fetishists destination!

I was just thinking the same, we'd be laughing at the absurdity if hobonickles supporters where spamming this thread yet we take these fools seriously. This is a few supporters of some low ranking coin spamming the announcements thread of a top 5 crypto, "report" is a more appropriate response than "quote".

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:08:27 PM

I don't believe it was to show that Vertoe was shady...please reread what was posted as vertoe actually seemed to not like how the "Dash insiders" were operating hence he made several posts saying why he was not going to continue being involved in dash.

As i am one of the "Dash insiders": Do not expect to much.

Vertoe left because he did not agree with the vision/goal the team had for Darkcoin/Dash and he disliked the organizational structure the project team had back then. He made many code commits, did lots of work and came up with ideas for improvements - which did not get the attention he wanted to have. When he was left out on the discussion/decision on the Dash name change he was totally pissed and rage quitted. The rest is history.

I always respected his decision to leave the team and will continue to do so - though the style he chose to quit was inappropriate: He deleted work created by other volunteer team members, did some rant posts (the ones you are refering to) and finally passed his BCT account to others.

Some positive side effects: Some of his main critic points have been changed since then: The number of people who have admin access to github is >1 now and some (not all) of the centralized code (reference node) has been removed.

So.. i am looking forward what shady secrects will be revealed.

[...]

so what is the "big thing" vertoe is referring to? who are the fishy people vertoe mentioned?

You'll have to ask vertoe what he meant. I can only speculate that his perception about the "big thing" was the vision/goal of the Darkcoin project itself: create a new cryptocurrency which is superior to Bitcoin in different aspects. Add the usual get-rich-quick scheme to that and you have your big thing.

I am part of the team since 18 months now and none of the involved people i have met in real life are fishy - neither vertoe, nor otoh, nor eduffield, nor minotaur, nor balu, nor dutchn0mad. We are just a bunch of people having fun spending their free time on a community driven project. I can't see anything wrong with that.

so we just take your word? any proof?

i like your definition of the "big thing" which is..."get-rich-quick scheme" ....i'll derive other meaning to it..a scam..yeah scam it is  Cheesy

okay, none of them are fishy..make another speculation about this.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

Proof for what? That I met all of them in real life? There are several photos of me and them flying around in this thread. Proof they are not fishy? How do you proof that you are not fishy by yourself? My current perception is that you are hostile and insulting to any other person not complying to your point of view. Proof me wrong.

With a strong confirmation bias like yours you can turn every argument in a way that it confirms your "scam theory" - same as for every conspiracy theory. Following your logic every crypto currency is a get-rich-quick scheme - even Bitcoin has this argument brought up by its opponents.

Like I wrote: Vertoe was unhappy with how decisions were made by the team, his feeling was that Evan as lead developer had a to strong weight and considered this being "single entity". He did not like it, took the appropriate actions and left. Love it, leave it or change it - that's how real life works.

For now I am waiting for the vertoe PMs to reveal my lack of knowledge of human nature and learn that my team members are shady scammers. Time will tell.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:13:16 PM

arielbit or fluffy, read my history. I'm sure you'll find my love story, my love  Kiss

your history shows you are not a newbie when you signup and immediately become a darkcoin circle jerk spammer...you are just another account from the same person here.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:16:19 PM

15 minutes until livestreaming starts for day 2.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozj3xSlKezE&feature=youtu.be
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:28:32 PM

I don't believe it was to show that Vertoe was shady...please reread what was posted as vertoe actually seemed to not like how the "Dash insiders" were operating hence he made several posts saying why he was not going to continue being involved in dash.

As i am one of the "Dash insiders": Do not expect to much.

Vertoe left because he did not agree with the vision/goal the team had for Darkcoin/Dash and he disliked the organizational structure the project team had back then. He made many code commits, did lots of work and came up with ideas for improvements - which did not get the attention he wanted to have. When he was left out on the discussion/decision on the Dash name change he was totally pissed and rage quitted. The rest is history.

I always respected his decision to leave the team and will continue to do so - though the style he chose to quit was inappropriate: He deleted work created by other volunteer team members, did some rant posts (the ones you are refering to) and finally passed his BCT account to others.

Some positive side effects: Some of his main critic points have been changed since then: The number of people who have admin access to github is >1 now and some (not all) of the centralized code (reference node) has been removed.

So.. i am looking forward what shady secrects will be revealed.

[...]

so what is the "big thing" vertoe is referring to? who are the fishy people vertoe mentioned?

You'll have to ask vertoe what he meant. I can only speculate that his perception about the "big thing" was the vision/goal of the Darkcoin project itself: create a new cryptocurrency which is superior to Bitcoin in different aspects. Add the usual get-rich-quick scheme to that and you have your big thing.

I am part of the team since 18 months now and none of the involved people i have met in real life are fishy - neither vertoe, nor otoh, nor eduffield, nor minotaur, nor balu, nor dutchn0mad. We are just a bunch of people having fun spending their free time on a community driven project. I can't see anything wrong with that.

so we just take your word? any proof?

i like your definition of the "big thing" which is..."get-rich-quick scheme" ....i'll derive other meaning to it..a scam..yeah scam it is  Cheesy

okay, none of them are fishy..make another speculation about this.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

Proof for what? That I met all of them in real life? There are several photos of me and them flying around in this thread. Proof they are not fishy? How do you proof that you are not fishy by yourself? My current perception is that you are hostile and insulting to any other person not complying to your point of view. Proof me wrong.

With a strong confirmation bias like yours you can turn every argument in a way that it confirms your "scam theory" - same as for every conspiracy theory. Following your logic every crypto currency is a get-rich-quick scheme - even Bitcoin has this argument brought up by its opponents.

Like I wrote: Vertoe was unhappy with how decisions were made by the team, his feeling was that Evan as lead developer had a to strong weight and considered this being "single entity". He did not like it, took the appropriate actions and left. Love it, leave it or change it - that's how real life works.

For now I am waiting for the vertoe PMs to reveal my lack of knowledge of human nature and learn that my team members are shady scammers. Time will tell.

the "burden of proof" is on you people, not me.

you are insulted? when i ask questions on user accounts that are..
1.) registered very close to darkcoin launch
2.) non newbie first posts already in darkcoin and darkcoin and darkcoin until thy kingdom come.

how about bigrcanada? (hi bigr) signup jan 5 2014, darkcoin launch jan 18 2014 and then first posts all darkcoin and now a foundation member..and he doesn't answer my inquiry.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:35:41 PM

this will be my summer coin with the less heat  Cheesy

Hi ariel! Waiting for next summer?  Tongue

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:38:15 PM

how about bigrcanada? (hi bigr) signup jan 5 2014, darkcoin launch jan 18 2014 and then first posts all darkcoin and now a foundation member..and he doesn't answer my inquiry.

burden of proof? wtf?

why does anyone have to prove anything to you?

who the fuck are you anyway?  Cheesy

I am here to ask you questions what others do not..

this is a free forum, i ask---you run/evades---you become more shadier

so prove yourselves  Wink
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:48:02 PM

15 minutes until livestreaming starts for day 2.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozj3xSlKezE&feature=youtu.be
I think my new watch is in the wrong time zone Cheesy
https://screen.yahoo.com/plot-clock-robot-draws-time-183608253.html

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:48:39 PM

nope..it was a bubble back then, as a miner i pick the most efficient miner run it calculate profit and then read/research about the coin

and then i found out about the instamine, the block reward fork and the 84M to 18M...i knew it was already late to mine in summer 2014..and now masternodes are still competing for coins to miners...the shits stench *spits*

newbies don't talk much..like me in summer 2014....but then your evan touches dashcoin with his slimy hands, the rest is history.

just like what i said to reaktion..i'm here to ask questions now for the sake of newbies like me (during summer 2014)

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

...i sent you pm...

"... i said likely..."

thanks for the pm smoothie, it interesting to read your pov of the matter...

tldr, you buttlicking litecoin when they said they want to put booth on conference and trollfesting on Dash after Dash team put a booth on a conference...

the fact that litecoin didnt put a booth doesnt change the fact above

LOOOLLL  Cheesy Cheesy

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:53:05 PM

burden of proof? wtf?

why does anyone have to prove anything to you?

who the fuck are you anyway?  Cheesy

I am here to ask you questions what others do not..

this is a free forum, i ask---you run/evades---you become more shadier

so prove yourselves  Wink

If you were asking anything sensible you might have a point. Instead you're talking a load of shit and posting pictures of BBQ rats.

And this is how you actually spend your life. Incredible!

ok, now i'm sensible?....the question i raised was already ~6 days old now.

the BBQ rats are visual aid...kinda brings life to conversations, like a dash of salt or a dash of pepper when you prepare food..you know what i mean?
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:58:03 PM

nope..it was a bubble back then, as a miner i pick the most efficient miner run it calculate profit and then read/research about the coin

So like many 2014 noobs, you sold your drk right?

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:06:45 PM

My first internet connection was an international landline call from a baud 9600 to a BBS around 1990.

I have always been a highly active community member in many walks of life.

I've never witnessed such a concerted psychopathic attack against anyone or anything. This thread has become surreal.

Thank goodness github and www.dashtalk.org exist, as testaments of sanity.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:07:40 PM

this will be my summer coin with the less heat  Cheesy

Hi ariel! Waiting for next summer?  Tongue

So like many 2014 noobs, you sold your drk right?

to be exact I level up a bit from being a noob by that time....yes and never looked back..didn't know darkcoin will be the one knocking on dashcoin's door  Cool
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:14:41 PM

My first internet connection was an international landline call from a baud 9600 to a BBS around 1990.

I have always been a highly active community member in many walks of life.

I've never witnessed such a concerted psychopathic attack against anyone or anything. This thread has become surreal.

Thank goodness github and www.dashtalk.org exist, as testaments of sanity.

yeah go pack your bags like aleix..bye bye

a testament that circle jerking on an announcement thread can produce its own forum/site (www.dashtalk.org)  Grin
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

I thought Vertoe was going to blow the top off of this...

Disappointed so far, but still eagerly watching.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 05:32:12 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 06:31:12 PM by bigrcanada

Lol!  I wish we could hear ourselves on here some times.  We are to blame of course... We're addicted to the Trolls.
. And they are addicted to us!  It really is quite bazaar. It's like a weird crypto masochist/fetishists destination!

I was just thinking the same, we'd be laughing at the absurdity if hobonickles supporters where spamming this thread yet we take these fools seriously. This is a few supporters of some low ranking coin spamming the announcements thread of a top 5 crypto, "report" is a more appropriate response than "quote".

I would agree.   The great thing is,  it's a mear 5 or 6 individuals that are trolling here and their  views and opinions are meaningless to the world at large whom care little to not at all.  I say keep them here,  let's have fun with them... And it's interesting seeing them coming unglued.  I'm actually addicted to reading their rants as they continue to reinforce my dedication to investing in DASH and helping to promote it.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 05:36:46 PM

I thought Vertoe was going to blow the top off of this...

Disappointed so far, but still eagerly watching.

I just woke up, I'm disappointed too. Here's my take on what happened last night.

Vertoe's account: "Paycoin was a scam, Dash is a scam."

iCEBREAKER: "#REKT"

Flare: "That's not Vertoe, his account got hacked or sold. I have proof."

Vertoe's account (scrambling): "I'm not Vertoe but beware the V1G1LANTE and PMs..."

We will continue to be disappointed I'm sure. They may come up with something, but it will be either fake or something trivial which they will try to inflate.

Who cares anyway? Evan's presentation is the event of the day! Good luck to him and Minotaur.

DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:43:03 PM

The url twitter account has not been updated for the new (dashpay.io -> dash.org)

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
Pages: « 1 ... 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 [5490] 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: