Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 [5499] 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:18:20 PM

Uh huh, keep trying to spin your massive disappointment Cheesy

What happened to the Evolution demo Evan promised in Miami? Pushing it back 1 year sounds good to you?

Yeah so disappointing to hear all this DASH news. Such a terrible shame to see all these whitepapers and devs hard at work. So depressing to see my masternodes making coins every day.

Meanwhile, what joy to listen to Adam White's incisive commentary. The boy is a legend. Go Adam. Go XMR!

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Keep in mind, we're going to start revising the design tomorrow to try and figure out the best possible design to create. I think I've found a way to simplify this project by about 75%, which means we can have something much sooner. I'll start working on a proposal.

Yeah kinda like how Masternode Blinding was finished?

And also how it takes 20hours to mix using dark send?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 09:30:41 PM

"Dash - if you want really good privacy" - Erik Voorhees

Thanks for posting this!

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/673614954562498560

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

none of your business..clit fuck shit scum #*@!

typical shady ass person reply  Grin...KA CHING or let me say CAUGHT CHING!

backstabbing puddle of scum.

MacroEvan backstabbed Dashcoin BTW https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0 ....the irony LOL

Wait wait wait...so there was another coin named "Dashcoin" long before Dash came along?

I haven't looked into it. Can you TL;DR it for me? Thanks

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:36:40 PM

@drklvr the sock-puppet
Are you concerned? I think we, who are invested should be concerned.
What's your problem? Your comedy is getting boring.

Where's the problem? I'm just asking why masternode blinding hasn't been implemented by your lying instamine scamming dev who refuses to answer the question.

What Lukas_Jackson doesn't seem to get (after many iterations of the same explanation)...

That even though he is a Dash investor, some of us are here to warn newbies about Dash's shady history before investing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:51:09 PM

Jesus, is it me, or has the last 48 hours seen the trolls literally foaming at the mouth as they desperately snatch out every little incident (that has already been thrashed to death multiple times). It really is very, very sad behaviour.
blokb

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:55:46 PM

"Dash - if you want really good privacy" - Erik Voorhees

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151206/isy53mcw.png

Serio Lerned - Rootstock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_so7aokJgYY&t=8m9s
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:57:57 PM

Jesus, is it me, or has the last 48 hours seen the trolls literally foaming at the mouth as they desperately snatch out every little incident (that has already been thrashed to death multiple times). It really is very, very sad behaviour.

Trolls = opposing side of the argument/discussion.

I see the "non-trolls" as not wanting to address concerning issues about dash, its developer, and its history.

Questions go un-answered and so they are repeated.

Like the masternode blinding topic Evan has evaded for 8 months now because "MOBILE WALLETS".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:04:40 PM

Well, as tons of positive and informative news are coming out from Mexico, parts of the crowd seem to be pretty nervous. Hence the stepping up on FUD and troll-meme du jour.
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:08:40 PM

Chris Ellis welcome on board.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
someredguy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:09:39 PM

Combine that with the fact that there are postings that are being deleted... it makes for a very frustrating thread. The deleted postings do not seem to be the troll postings...

It is almost like the moderators and the trollsters are colluding.

Why can we not get some decent moderation?!?

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:11:31 PM

I'd just like to point out to the trolls that Darksend Mixing is a passive process. To be fair, it is necessary to press the "Start Darksend Mixing" button and to enter your password if you have one, but after that it isn't necessary to participate actively in the mixing process - you can get straight back to trolling while the mixing takes place, if you think that is a productive way to spend your time.

depends of how you define passive...
You still need to have others on the network who are willing to mix with you (hence the liquidity providers).
This mixing can't be done offline for example. You need to have an active wallet connected to the network.

edit: what if I told you there are coins out there that have a feature you could define with the buzz word "InstantMixSend" :
You instantly mix when you broadcast the transaction. No need for a "dark liquidity pool" in your wallet.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:15:56 PM

This reddit discussion from a few months ago gives insight into how long darksend mixing should/could take:

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/3etq0y/what_is_the_point_of_darksend_mixing_in_the/

2d2d2d2aasdasd
In the dashcore wallet it has darksend mixing, it doesnt give any options but says 1000drk/2 rounds, so it will try to mix my balance of 10drk 100x over? or 200x over? Whats the point of this if i can darksend when i send payment?
edit: Its been over 2 hours and only says 8% which it said 20minutes into it, it keeps saying it failed will retry like theres something wrong with the network, is darksend a working feature?

Tungfa:
You can change the mixing settings in " Wallet Preferences"
Mixing makes pre mixed coins available for DS ! For the mixing you need other coins/wallets to be mixing with you, so if nobody is online mixing it will take longer. be patient, DS works

2d2d2d2aasdasd:
Its been running since i made this post and its only at 9%, how patient do i have to be, like 72 hours patient?

Tungfa:
depends on how many coins, how many rounds
what are you doing 1000 Dash / 2 Rounds ? 72 hours definitely

2d2d2d2aasdasd:
I dont even have 1000 dash, i have like $20 worth. Its set at 1000 dash by default but im assuming that means it will mix up to 1000, right, like how could it mix more than there is?
So basically to use dash anonymously i got to leave my computer on for 3 days?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

Combine that with the fact that there are postings that are being deleted... it makes for a very frustrating thread. The deleted postings do not seem to be the troll postings...

It is almost like the moderators and the trollsters are colluding.

Why can we not get some decent moderation?!?

Nope, Bitcointalk.org has gone to the hyenas.  I really don't know why I still come here.  It's a habit to see "what's going on" and I'm usually disappointed Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:20:23 PM

Thanks.
It's good that people is starting to talk about Dash and compare their models Wink

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:20:49 PM

Anyone interested in getting an email when a new budget proposal is released?  I created a notifier to run on your masternode server (or anything with a dashd running)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/december-2015-budget-proposal.7210/page-3

Moocowmoo and dashwhale are welcome to use my code for their products!   Smiley
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:26:28 PM

Nope, Bitcointalk.org has gone to the hyenas.  I really don't know why I still come here.  It's a habit to see "what's going on" and I'm usually disappointed Cheesy

They feel so uncomfortable with Dash. Do you not see this? It's hilarious. You shouldn't be dissapointed for sure  Cheesy
That's the way it is.

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:26:34 PM

Evan has always been pretty clear that things take time and has had no problem reverting dates/timelines as the project expands. In a world where people are obsessed with everything happening *now*, because they are too used to making a quick buck or hoping for black swan events to push BTC up, this is a relatively sane approach. Bitcoin too, what, 15 years of cypherpunk culture to come together and ya'll want any innovation this second? Why not ignore DASH and just get into whatever cryptocoin still pulls in a fast buck these days (assuming there are even any). The confidence in Evan is expressed in its marketcap. You don't need to reveal the flaws. People can do it themselves and move on if they think he is not up to the task. It's really simple.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

I think they're paid for making certain words from some list appear on every page of this topic, like the i-word. There's no way someone is so persistent on their own will.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:31:31 PM

Evan has always been pretty clear that things take time and has had no problem reverting dates/timelines as the project expands. In a world where people are obsessed with everything happening *now*, because they are too used to making a quick buck or hoping for black swan events to push BTC up, this is a relatively sane approach. Bitcoin too, what, 15 years of cypherpunk culture to come together and ya'll want any innovation this second? Why not ignore DASH and just get into whatever cryptocoin still pulls in a fast buck these days (assuming there are even any). The confidence in Evan is expressed in its marketcap. You don't need to reveal the flaws. People can do it themselves and move on if they think he is not up to the task. It's really simple.

I understand things take time in the development world of software. But that doesn't remove the question of why did Evan make it appear that masternode blinding was "fast" and "working" only to delay it because "MOBILE WALLETS" then to never talk about it again as seen in the quotes below:

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 10:34:27 PM

Anyone interested in getting an email when a new budget proposal is released?  I created a notifier to run on your masternode server (or anything with a dashd running)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/december-2015-budget-proposal.7210/page-3

Moocowmoo and dashwhale are welcome to use my code for their products!   Smiley

You need to filter out the a few of the fields or you're going to get spammed to death.

Quick and dirty, change your mnbudget show to something like:

Code:
dash-cli mnbudget show | grep Name | sort

to only extract the unique names for comparison.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Pages: « 1 ... 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 [5499] 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: