Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 [5540] 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722719 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:14:40 AM

Sorry for the mess,
but the team is hard at work !
(and are tripping out on the new stickers)
 Wink

Is that from an actual photograph you took?  Looks awesome!

nope
i had a recent 'illustration challenge' in the team (and i am NOT an illustrator)
so i tried some stuff and looked for ideas and suddenly this came up
but
sure, this is definitely an original photograph from evans garage coding base  Wink

Hope that garage is heated!! 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 07:44:11 AM

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, this is how the system currently works:

- Votes are counted every 16616 blocks
 - Votes can be recast at any time
 - Budget proposals remain on the network until:
    either 340 more nay votes than yay votes are cast (10% of total masternodes)
    or the proposal end block is reached
 - Approved budgets are paid in order of yay - nay votes
 - Approved budgets can be nullified at any time by recasting votes

This is valuable info and it's gonna get buried deep in this forum.
I would suggest someone includes this info in the official documentation.
The budget system wiki is very, very incomplete.

Good Idea.
I've tried to gently introduce and summarize everything we touched on.
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Using+Decentralized+Governance%3A+Proposals%2C+Voting%2C+and+Budgets
I intend to flesh it out more, I'm just at a stopping point.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or if anything is unclear!  --> moocowmoo@dash.org

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
dark-sailor

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:20:12 AM

Should we all update our  masternode service with
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Do we need to stop demon before update . If so will we lose our payment place. Huh?

Thanks
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:20:12 AM

If Dash Santa is around, i'd like a masternode for christmas!!!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:47:48 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 11:59:24 AM by qwizzie

Should we all update our  masternode service with
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Do we need to stop demon before update . If so will we lose our payment place. Huh?

Thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13301471#msg13301471

The perp has to have physical access.  Not an issue really.  It's a sensationalist title

Hmm on second thought :

The team found that the backspace trick triggers a memory error, which in turn launches the rescue shell. The bug isn't a huge threat -- I mean, a hacker would need physical access
to your machine in order to exploit it -- especially now that Ubuntu, Red Hat, and Debian all have released patches.

Looks like we do need to update Ubuntu itself, but your payment place will be kept if you do it within a certain time period (20 minutes or something between stop and restart of demon ?)
I would wait till we hear from more experienced Linux users in here if we need to take action or not....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:08:04 PM

Wondering for DASH ROI ?!?!?!?!

Check this out!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/best-and-worst-performing-currencies-in-2015.7289/#post-76762

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dark-sailor

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:22:13 PM

Should we all update our  masternode service with
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13301471#msg13301471

The perp has to have physical access.  Not an issue really.  It's a sensationalist title

Hmm on second thought :

The team found that the backspace trick triggers a memory error, which in turn launches the rescue shell. The bug isn't a huge threat -- I mean, a hacker would need physical access
to your machine in order to exploit it -- especially now that Ubuntu, Red Hat, and Debian all have released patches.

Looks like we do need to update Ubuntu itself, but your payment place will be kept if you do it within a certain time period (20 minutes or something between stop and restart of demon ?)
I would wait till we hear from more experienced Linux users in here if we need to take action or not....

Thanks qwizzie just updated my services best to be safe Smiley
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:46:23 PM

@ dark-sailor

what is your love at first sight story with darkcoin?

another sock puppet account...welcome to my list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

Though I liked reading some of his posts but now he enters in an "attention whore" territory.
First with Monero now with Dash.
Mining himself some investors? Wink

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:52:24 PM

Though I liked reading some of his posts but now he enters in an "attention whore" territory.

appearently he got a bit frustrated in the end, so i would advice everyone to just ignore it (or him)  for now...

Been thinking on and off all day about this. I am not satisfied with my public handling of this issue of Dash, in that I don't feel it is my role to attack another person's work or venture. I think those that can do something, just do it. I must admit to myself I am frustrated (beaten down) with my own struggles.

Everything lately has been very stressful. It is difficult to compute how to fit into this crypto jungle. In my condition, some times (or most of the time) everything is difficult, even just simple things. Very difficult to prioritize. It adds to frustration the level of excrutiating detail that is required to analyze, explain and implement correctly. The computer is physically injuring me. We were initially analyzing Dash because it is a related design to my coin's design and so I wanted to enumerate possible design flaws and how I correct them.

There is a lot more I could say to explain my various feelings and thoughts. But I think it is better I shut up.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:06:18 PM

@ dark-sailor

another sock puppet account...welcome to my list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467

I checked Monerodice.net so you spent over 11,000 Monero's on bets and u lost them just like that while the developer takes 10% LOL, I wonder how much you have if you can afford to play with 11k, and on top of that you also donated while nothing came out from you're 30 useless developers.

For the millionth time it is not because Dash/Whitecoin/Shadowcash/Boolberry/Zerocash/ or even Moneta the one you kids are spamming now that you're coin is down on the marketcap. It is because of you're useless entry level gambler type side business 10% crap lazy developers, & the spamming/policing other coin ANN threads.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:12:29 PM

I'm think it is time buy more DASH now.
dark-sailor

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:13:48 PM

@ dark-sailor

OH YA Thanks for putting me on your list (LOVE IT)
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:42:01 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 04:20:13 PM by arielbit

@ dark-sailor

I checked Monerodice.net so you spent over 11,000 Monero's on bets and u lost them just like that while the developer takes 10% LOL, I wonder how much you have if you can afford to play with 11k, and on top of that you also donated while nothing came out from you're 30 useless developers.

For the millionth time it is not because Dash/Whitecoin/Shadowcash/Boolberry/Zerocash/ or even Moneta the one you kids are spamming now that you're coin is down on the marketcap. It is because of you're useless entry level gambler type side business 10% crap lazy developers, & the spamming/policing other coin ANN threads.

WOW! that is some freakin story telling you got there  Shocked ..never used that site  Tongue  ... Huh wut? are you talking about HAHAHA ...stop whatever you're smokin' man

if someone buy Saturn from me i will give away 68,000 EAC (1000 each) for the first 68 people who will post  "NO TO GAMBLING AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL".

happy new year buddy..and no to gambling  Wink
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:43:09 PM

@ dark-sailor

OH YA Thanks for putting me on your list (LOVE IT)

you are welcome...so back to the question...what is your love at first sight story with darkcoin ...and please no half baked stories alright  Wink
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:46:55 PM

appearently he got a bit frustrated in the end, so i would advice everyone to just ignore it (or him)  for now...

Been thinking on and off all day about this. I am not satisfied with my public handling of this issue of Dash, in that I don't feel it is my role to attack another person's work or venture. I think those that can do something, just do it. I must admit to myself I am frustrated (beaten down) with my own struggles.

Everything lately has been very stressful. It is difficult to compute how to fit into this crypto jungle. In my condition, some times (or most of the time) everything is difficult, even just simple things. Very difficult to prioritize. It adds to frustration the level of excrutiating detail that is required to analyze, explain and implement correctly. The computer is physically injuring me. We were initially analyzing Dash because it is a related design to my coin's design and so I wanted to enumerate possible design flaws and how I correct them.

There is a lot more I could say to explain my various feelings and thoughts. But I think it is better I shut up.

That lunatic "Anonymint" or whatever his latest schizophrenia result named him is probably the saddest character in this asylum of a forum. He wrote more words and put more energy into this place than Tolkien and R.R. Martin into their works combined and yet he constantly repeats "Gee I should stop writing and start coding". In the end he keeps babbling even more, achieving zero, zip, nada. I have no clue if he has any skills in crypto or if his only skill is authoring babbling tirades.

I believe he's just another scammer like Eduardo aka iCEHOLE. He asked for a shitload of money to just write a fucking whitepaper on some vaporware his insane mind made up allegedly better than DASH and Monero together and he spent more time thinking about the name than actually writing a single line of code. His bullshit sob story about some "serious sickness" as an excuse to ask for couple of grand USD is so original as well!
Who other than Moronero trolltards take him serious? Fuck, I give Spoetnik rants more credence than this guy...

Expect another few thousand "I will shut up now"-lines from this guy before he actually does (no sooner than that alleged "sickness" makes him, I guess)

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:56:01 PM

appearently he got a bit frustrated in the end, so i would advice everyone to just ignore it (or him)  for now...

That lunatic "Anonymint" or whatever his latest schizophrenia result named him is probably the saddest character in this asylum of a forum. He wrote more words and put more energy into this place than Tolkien and R.R. Martin into their works combined and yet he constantly repeats "Gee I should stop writing and start coding". In the end he keeps babbling even more, achieving zero, zip, nada. I have no clue if he has any skills in crypto or if his only skill is authoring babbling tirades.

In the end I believe he's just another scammer like Eduardo aka iCEHOLE. He asked for a shitload of money to just write a fucking whitepaper on some vaporware his insane mind made up allegedly better than DASH and Monero together and he spent more time thinking about the name than actually writing a single line of code. His bullshit sob story about some "serious sickness" as an excuse to ask for couple of grand USD is so original as well!
Who other than Moronero trolltards take him serious? Fuck, I give Spoetnik rants more credence than this guy...

Expect another few thousand "I will shut up now"-lines from this guy before he actually does (no sooner than that alleged "sickness" makes him, I guess)

mr. marcochip KA CHING! you are angry because your mastescamming nodes are threatened to become worthless?..and your Evan lollipop dick your sucking is going to jail?

Expect another few thousand "I will shut up now"-lines from this guy before he actually does

you are indeed following his posts like Evan who suddenly pop in his thread and got bitch slapped hahaha

you shady ass account go back to humping your golden donkey...CAUGHT CHING!  Grin
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:31:13 PM

So it looks like we have our house troll pets back after their little 2 day break, so far that includes :

arielbit
iCEBREAKER
Drklvr

I guess once a troll gets addicted to our ANN forum, there is no escaping it ... it drags them kicking and screaming
right back to us  Roll Eyes

Are you a troll and feeling angry, insecure or just very very stressed out about the upcoming Dash Evolution or the Miami Bitcoin Conference in January 2016?  I have the cure just for you  :

Disclosure of Dash Evolution : https://www.dash.org/evolution/

Dash Evolution creates a new type of cryptographic currency with various advanced features that assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.

We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:

• DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
• DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
• DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
• Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
• Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
• Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
• Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
• Primitives – We introduce Users, Groups and Accounts which allow a common way of interacting with the network.
• Social Wallet – By utilizing primitives, we introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared accounts.
• DSQL – A query language for administering the network via majority quorums (banning users, setting important network variables such as sporks on/off, etc)

Evolution Documentation Release

We’re going to try something different with the development of Dash Evolution. This is a social experiment on building an entire currency completely in the open, with extreme transparency, as such, things will change constantly. This is intended to be an open discovery process that helps us to create the best possible implementation, GUI and feature set for Dash Evolution.  Help us to flesh out these documents by editing, correcting or even coming up with new ideas that we could work into the system.

The documentation below is intended to be very high level, which should give a clear understanding of how to build and secure such a system. These aren’t really intended to be whitepapers, just simple technical documents showing the design choices and structures.

Many of these documents are outlines of ideas of how different pieces of Dash Evolution will work, they aren’t complete, feel free to add to these as well. To help us, simply click the “EDIT” button, then request access to the given documents. Please do not edit the documents directly, instead use the google docs “Suggest” feature. This is intended to be an open discussion of the technology in the documents, that will evolve with the project.

Thanks!

Evan Duffield

We will be releasing many more documents not here yet in the near future, please keep coming back to see updates and progress of Evolution.

Releases: Last Updated – December 4th, 2015

"See you in Miami"

Credits to @alex-ru Productions:
Credits to tungfa

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 05:23:43 PM

Never mind that...the Canadian Dollar has taken a beating...though not as bad as South Africa, Brasil.  I think my dash has done me well this year.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 05:26:48 PM

Does some one know what the latest current ROI per masternode is?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Pages: « 1 ... 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 [5540] 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: