Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 [5541] 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:30:26 PM

Does some one know what the latest current ROI per masternode is?

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/questions/12910621/how-much-is-the-roi-of-a-masternode

you can use moocowmoo's sheet....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:57:55 PM

BTC go down Dash GO UP! Smiley
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 06:21:14 PM

Does some one know what the latest current ROI per masternode is?

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/questions/12910621/how-much-is-the-roi-of-a-masternode

you can use moocowmoo's sheet....

Thanks Q!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:23:12 PM

BTC go down Dash GO UP! Smiley
Not this time...
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

geezzz.  what a pain dealing with Bitcoin Wallet.  How is that going to be consumer friendly if you have to down load the blockchain?!?  So I'm assuming you can have a BTC wallet with out having to download the blockchain? I've had a mobile wallet ...but I'm certain that doesn't download that pig of a blockchain....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:54:34 PM

geezzz.  what a pain dealing with Bitcoin Wallet.  How is that going to be consumer friendly if you have to down load the blockchain?!?  So I'm assuming you can have a BTC wallet with out having to download the blockchain? I've had a mobile wallet ...but I'm certain that doesn't download that pig of a blockchain....
Multibit SPV wallet but its horrible to use in my opinion, if bitcoin ever forks again(like that mining episode a few months ago) it can easily step on the wrong chain because only about last 4 blocks are validated.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:41:41 PM

Though I liked reading some of his posts but now he enters in an "attention whore" territory.
First with Monero now with Dash.
Mining himself some investors? Wink

appearently he got a bit frustrated in the end, so i would advice everyone to just ignore it (or him)  for now...

Been thinking on and off all day about this. I am not satisfied with my public handling of this issue of Dash, in that I don't feel it is my role to attack another person's work or venture. I think those that can do something, just do it. I must admit to myself I am frustrated (beaten down) with my own struggles.

Everything lately has been very stressful. It is difficult to compute how to fit into this crypto jungle. In my condition, some times (or most of the time) everything is difficult, even just simple things. Very difficult to prioritize. It adds to frustration the level of excrutiating detail that is required to analyze, explain and implement correctly. The computer is physically injuring me. We were initially analyzing Dash because it is a related design to my coin's design and so I wanted to enumerate possible design flaws and how I correct them.

There is a lot more I could say to explain my various feelings and thoughts. But I think it is better I shut up.

That lunatic "Anonymint" or whatever his latest schizophrenia result named him is probably the saddest character in this asylum of a forum. He wrote more words and put more energy into this place than Tolkien and R.R. Martin into their works combined and yet he constantly repeats "Gee I should stop writing and start coding". In the end he keeps babbling even more, achieving zero, zip, nada. I have no clue if he has any skills in crypto or if his only skill is authoring babbling tirades.

I believe he's just another scammer like Eduardo aka iCEHOLE. He asked for a shitload of money to just write a fucking whitepaper on some vaporware his insane mind made up allegedly better than DASH and Monero together and he spent more time thinking about the name than actually writing a single line of code. His bullshit sob story about some "serious sickness" as an excuse to ask for couple of grand USD is so original as well!
Who other than Moronero trolltards take him serious? Fuck, I give Spoetnik rants more credence than this guy...

There is a lot more I could say to explain my various feelings and thoughts. But I think it is better I shut up.

Expect another few thousand "I will shut up now"-lines from this guy before he actually does (no sooner than that alleged "sickness" makes him, I guess)

You are spot on.

Lots of words from a prolific forum poster who doesn't really do anything. He does come across as unstable and most often not very lucid, not sure by design or not.

This type of forum personality is easily able to attack trolls. Moths to a flame really. In that they love the aggressive behaviour, seemingly impressive crafting of words that are really just babble when you break it down.

arielbit and some of the other kids that hang here are classic examples of followers that will fall in behind the alpha altcoin/btc personalities that push their own agenda's.  These followers are really not sure what or why they are doing something other than the promise of being uploaded to sugar candy mountain in the singularity afterlife.

If they were not here arguing about alt coins they would be arguing about linux distributions, playstation vs xbox, nvidia vs AMD, shelbyville vs springfield, batman vs spiderman, quantum theory vs general relativity, logical thinking vs emotive thinking and keynesian vs austrian-economics.

umm....on second thought, based on what i am seeing, they might be just arguing about playstation vs xbox.  Grin

Arielbit is the DashCoin (DSH) "leader". He is upset that E. Duffield legitimately purchased DashCoin's name (which the coin still continues to use!) from the original DSH dev. Community take-over apparently. Ho-hum..
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:02:51 PM

@any new comers or newbies here is a summation of some of the facts about dash that you should know before investing any time or money into this project.

LINK: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmvogy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:22:55 PM

Anonymint says at one point

"But then smooth explained to me that these altcoin market caps are all manipulated mirages. Then I transitioned from a gullible fool and I started to ponder the more likely truth about the altcoin arena being one big "mining the speculators" paradigm."

...too much company with the Monero guys proves corrosive.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:30:41 PM

Don't feed the TROLLS! Especially legendary ones who come from the pity monero community. We know they need some bone but we don't have much bone. We have a dildo for smoothie and icebreaker dogs.
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:35:17 PM

Both explorers stuck at block 388600:

Main: http://explorer.dash.org/
Mirror1: http://explorer.darkcoin.qa/

Please have a look.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:44:51 PM

Both explorers stuck at block 388600:

Main: http://explorer.dash.org/
Mirror1: http://explorer.darkcoin.qa/

Please have a look.
Yep.....

Use

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:45:52 PM

my wallet is at 389616

Just FYI at 45 past the hour

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 11:21:43 PM

@any new comers or newbies here is a summation of some of the facts about dash that you should know before investing any time or money into this project.

LINK: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmvogy

That's quite the domination post.  TPTB_need_Anonymint's is close, but not as exhaustive nor as concise.

Still, we needed an update to debunk Dash's latest Evolusham vaporware con.

And here it is:

I claim that Dash is spyware because the anonymity is trusted to masternodes which are an obvious target for the NSA or anyone who can profit on breaking anonymity (e.g. those who want to blackmail you or whatever).

I don't need to dig in the source. It is a conceptual truth in terms of the way the anonymity has been described (at least the last time I paid attention).

Evan mentioned he was going to improve it for Evolution, but even if he shifts to onion routing across masternodes, that won't entirely absolve the attacks on anonymity from colluding masternodes (although it can improve the statistics on the masternode coverage needed for breaking anonymity). Ditto any mixnet he employs, including if he prefers to implement CoinShuffle.

Instead if he implements Cryptonote then he won't have RingCT's features. If implements RingCT, then he is copying Monero's recent research. Also I doubt he is capable of understanding the RingCT white paper and implementing it. He will probably have to work by copying source code or hiring some expert crypto assistance.

In any case, that won't correct the other flaws in InstantX and mass-scale transactions that are his other big selling points of Evolution. And none of that will correct the fact that masternodes reduces Dash to an inferior proof-of-stake security/politics model.

Domination and debunking continues:

When all the masternodes are hosted, it is not crap to say the NSA can probably get access trivially. When most are hosted on one cloud provider (something I read, don't know if it is true), then even an employee could potentially get access trivially.

You simply can't get anonymity without cryptography. The masternodes see everything in clear text. Dash is more likely to be spyware than anonymity. In fact, I've conjectured the wild speculation that Evan hasn't been worried about SEC because he might be on the dole of the NSA (but that is too conspiratorial to assert as likely).

Dark my ass. Dark where the NSA got its fist up the users' buttholes. I have often returned to the wild speculation that Dark(Vader)Coin was really a big data harvesting coin.

The official definition of spyware is any software that exposes your data out on the wire. It doesn't have to actually be intended to do that. Just opening the security hole is sufficient to meet the definition.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dnaleor
Legendary

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 11:49:57 PM by dnaleor

geezzz.  what a pain dealing with Bitcoin Wallet.  How is that going to be consumer friendly if you have to down load the blockchain?!?  So I'm assuming you can have a BTC wallet with out having to download the blockchain? I've had a mobile wallet ...but I'm certain that doesn't download that pig of a blockchain....

You do understand that if darksend is default and if DASH takes off, the DASH blockchain will become a pig as well...
There are (real) anonymous coins out there that actually scale better than DASH. But well, let's stay on topic:
the only reason that the DASH blockchain is still easy to load is the fact that it isn't used much.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:46:57 PM

You do understand that if darksend is default and if DASH takes off, the DASH blockchain will become a pig as well...
There are (real) anonymous coins out there that actually scale better than DASH. But well, let's stay on topic:
the only reason that the DASH blockchain is still easy to load is the fact that it in't used much.

Isnt that why Dash Evolution will have a third tier API access for every day users? They wont need to download the blockchain....Masternodes will be the work horse?

You could even go as far as to set a tier based system inside the Masternode network based on what CPU/RAM/Disk IOPS etc..
dnaleor
Legendary

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:52:36 PM

the only reason that the DASH blockchain is still easy to load is the fact that it in't used much.

Isnt that why Dash Evolution will have a third tier API access for every day users? They wont need to download the blockchain....Masternodes will be the work horse?

You could even go as far as to set a tier based system inside the Masternode network based on what CPU/RAM/Disk IOPS etc..

As far as I know, the network only checks if your masternode is reachable to make you eligible for Masternode Rewards. It's not mandatory to serve the whole blockchain to the network.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:55:15 PM

geezzz.  what a pain dealing with Bitcoin Wallet.  How is that going to be consumer friendly if you have to down load the blockchain?!?  So I'm assuming you can have a BTC wallet with out having to download the blockchain? I've had a mobile wallet ...but I'm certain that doesn't download that pig of a blockchain....

Probably what is intended, making some kind of SPV wallets for DASH as well.

But that is not really the point here, the point was that Bitcoin Core took ages to sync because of the large blockchain, which will also happen to "Dash Core" (let's call it this for convenience for now) because DarkSend transactions are relatively large as well. If these kind of transactions get enforced on the protocol level and DASH is widely used, the blockchain will become quite massive as well. As a result, "Dash Core" will be a pain in the ass to sync as well.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 12:14:51 AM

aaaahhhh....good! Always a good sign when our pet trolls show up.  I guess they were all offline waiting till their master paid them for their last batch of trolling. Wink  Welcome back....

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:31:22 AM

Probably what is intended, making some kind of SPV wallets for DASH as well.

But that is not really the point here, the point was that Bitcoin Core took ages to sync because of the large blockchain, which will also happen to "Dash Core" (let's call it this for convenience for now) because DarkSend transactions are relatively large as well. If these kind of transactions get enforced on the protocol level and DASH is widely used, the blockchain will become quite massive as well. As a result, "Dash Core" will be a pain in the ass to sync as well.

I think all blockchains will have to have an end of life cycle, where it gets trimmed.  But in the meantime, with Dash Evolution, we'll have many years of time before it needs to be dealt with.  Also, if we're still using mixing, coins won't have to be mixed more than once because the MNs are blinded, I believe due to the API, but not certain how that works.  So mixing only has to be done once or twice at most.  This will not be much of a bloat.  There may also be some other system in the works, so much is being bantered about.

Anyway, there are so many possible solutions to this problem, it's one of the last things we need to do though.

On another note, bitcoin is resisting the downward pressure.  Very interesting Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 [5541] 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: