Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 [5574] 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:19:18 PM

dash for soda? Lame.....  Embarrassed You guys can come up with something better than that for sure.

dash for beer ? lets get them all drunk on the Bitcoin conference !!  Grin

nah, dash for soda is perfect
The idea was pushed around with an Easter egg.  If you send the right amount you get a beer from the 'empty' slot.  But it ends up requiring other parts and a lot of Moocowmoo magic.  There is a lot we can do, but stay on track and make it work is #1.

If you're serious, it would probably be illegal, so I'd just stick to sodas Smiley

For future displays, beer would be a little more exciting.  And they are legal in some countries.  The USA is a bit different though. 
Open to ideas....If you can confirm that Dash can be used to purchase beer legally in Florida without permits/licenses etc, we can just as easily add it as an option.....

We will be making history here.

World record for fastest delivered product from a transaction confirmed with cryptocurrency.

Hmmm.  Maybe we should add that to the front design.

Thanks for all the input on the designs.  We are reading and adapting...well Raptor is doing the hard part of that.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:22:36 PM

dash for soda? Lame.....  Embarrassed You guys can come up with something better than that for sure.

Agreed, but... Have to start somewhere I guess...

I like the idea that at Bitcoin conference they have to use DASH for soda :-)   so we will know who is The Dasher there :-)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:32:30 PM

Shout out to BigRcanada Tongue

Can't post image, even when saved to my imgur Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/OmSfmIa.png

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 10:39:21 PM

Not lame at all.  For those late to the party, what they're going to do is give away Dash at the North American Bitcon Conference, a little more than the soda costs, then have people buy a soda via instantX from the vending machine to show how easy it is to pay with Dash, and have it instantly confirmed, no delay, and no risk to the vendor / retail establishment.  

And there IS a problem with the shadows, unless the Fanta can is convex instead of concave  Wink Cheesy Lips sealed Undecided

I still think it's lame...

Try reading this: https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashisdigitalcash/l-1534366103.html

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 10:51:11 PM

so prices rises and guess who dumps?

the premine owner witn 1million DRK coins

The instamine (and premine that occurred PREvious to the public launch) are a good thing.

Money from dumps might be used to fund development of Masternode blinding, so anonymization times may be reduced from the current (ridiculous) waiting period of 2-4 days to something more reasonable and practical.

The Coke® machine designs are so creative; I love the effort being put into their creation!  Let's keep them coming!

Vending machines are the perfect use case for Instant-X, so we need enough Superblocks to fund putting them on every continent.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:59:26 PM

You OK there IB?  ^^

I wouldn't use registered trademarks like Coke and Fanta in the image.   Notice that IB took notice of that in his response.  Subtle.

I expect the machine to be photographed and reported on.  Who knows who will see it.  Better safe than sorry.

Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:16:52 PM

We definitely need to video as many people as we can having their reaction to the speed of the transaction from there own mobile. We then need to make a montage of it. I can imagine the titles for clickbait pages.... "they couldn't believe  ......blah blah blah ......  next bitcoin killer" You get the idea. Nice video for the Keiser report too.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:17:32 PM

Money from dumps might be used to fund development of Masternode blinding, so anonymization times may be reduced from the current (ridiculous) waiting period of 2-4 days to something more reasonable and practical.

monero trolls lie.
it takes hours not days to anonymize most of your coins and then they are ready to be sent instantly at any time after that without waiting. you mix your whole balance once and then you're done with mixing.
Has it sent yet

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Not lame at all.  For those late to the party, what they're going to do is give away Dash at the North American Bitcon Conference, a little more than the soda costs, then have people buy a soda via instantX from the vending machine to show how easy it is to pay with Dash, and have it instantly confirmed, no delay, and no risk to the vendor / retail establishment.  

And there IS a problem with the shadows, unless the Fanta can is convex instead of concave  Wink Cheesy Lips sealed Undecided

Try reading this: https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashisdigitalcash/l-1534366103.html

I understand the concept!!!...

I just think soda is ultra lame!!!

It seems like a great proof of concept showing the power of instant transactions to me.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Solarminer

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:33:44 PM

Otoh, Nice pic.  Do you have any info on the buttons and displays?

This looks like the idea Props wants.  A pay per oz with Dash.  Easy to detect oz with a scale on each wine bottle.  Maybe we need a scale input for the pi...next project idea.
Jestah

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:47:59 PM

This looks like the idea Props wants.  A pay per oz with Dash.  Easy to detect oz with a scale on each wine bottle.  Maybe we need a scale input for the pi...next project idea.

Good place to start

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/winestation-pristine-plus-wine-preservation-system.asp

Solarminer

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:55:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/OmSfmIa.png[/url]

Good place to start

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/winestation-pristine-plus-wine-preservation-system.asp

Thanks.  1oz/3oz/6oz dispensing wow.  That is impressive.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:17:55 AM

It seems like a great proof of concept showing the power of instant transactions to me.

Yes, great concept again yes great!

Again soda pop is lame...

The last time I bought a soda out of a machine was at least 3-4 years.

I really think something "fun" would be better severed.  I.e. Old school video game, pinball machine, and like I said earlier a candy grabber with candy and Dash tokens in it.  Make the cost basically nothing.

Another issue is the resale without a proper business license...

OK, make it cofee, not soda!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:44:44 AM

I really think something "fun" would be better severed.  I.e. Old school video game, pinball machine, and like I said earlier a candy grabber with candy and Dash tokens in it.  Make the cost basically nothing.

Hey, there's a neat idea.  You could put dash paper wallets stuck on some of the cans, so that it's also like a lottery, see if you win $$  But personally, I don't think it matters what is in the machine (though I prefer Diet Coke, even so Camo says it'll kill me)  People get thirsty at conventions, so this could be very nice.  Adding water as a choice will include everyone (almost) who drinks fluids but doesn't mind the environmental catastrophe bottles cause, LOL.

As for a business license, I'm pretty sure that's for USD, and besides, we're giving away the Dash, so there's no real sale going on.

And why is everyone going on about doing this over again but making it coffee, candy or toys.  These guys have paid for this machine already, and are almost complete with the project.  Don't you know I'm the only person here with the credentials to micro manage and criticize?  Get off my turf!  (LOL, I am joking, except for the penchant for micromanaging....)  Grin Cheesy Grin

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:00:20 AM

I really think something "fun" would be better severed.  I.e. Old school video game, pinball machine, and like I said earlier a candy grabber with candy and Dash tokens in it.  Make the cost basically nothing.

We wouldn't be "selling" anything. The soda is a giveaway... We give them the Dash and let them use it to dispense a soda. So this isn't a profit making business.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:32:24 AM

You OK there IB?  ^^

I wouldn't use registered trademarks like Coke and Fanta in the image.   Notice that IB took notice of that in his response.  Subtle.

I expect the machine to be photographed and reported on.  Who knows who will see it.  Better safe than sorry.

I'm great!  Happy New Year!   Smiley

If I was being "subtle" my point would have passed (unnoticed) over your head like a stealth drone.   Cheesy

How do you feel about being on a team where the most enthusiastic are blissfully unaware of the massive issues with using registered trademarks?

Please keep the gawd-awful-but-endearingly-earnest photoshops coming.  I love the nasty cigarette butt design and the one Otoh says looks like a (digital) trash can!

Maybe Dash can beat Slock.it in the race to put pay toilets on the blockchain!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:40:12 AM

Soda Machine Revote !!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-the-instantx-soda-machine.7408/page-4#post-77638

please double check this !!!
 Grin
Jestah

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:45:29 AM

IB, You missed my sarcasm.  W/e.

What's the latest news on your coin of choice?  

Happy New Year to you too!  I truly hope this is going to be the year you get to eat and live for free.   Grin
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:58:43 AM

I really think something "fun" would be better severed.  I.e. Old school video game, pinball machine, and like I said earlier a candy grabber with candy and Dash tokens in it.  Make the cost basically nothing.

Hey, there's a neat idea.  You could put dash paper wallets stuck on some of the cans, so that it's also like a lottery, see if you win $$  But personally, I don't think it matters what is in the machine (though I prefer Diet Coke, even so Camo says it'll kill me)  People get thirsty at conventions, so this could be very nice.  Adding water as a choice will include everyone (almost) who drinks fluids but doesn't mind the environmental catastrophe bottles cause, LOL.

As for a business license, I'm pretty sure that's for USD, and besides, we're giving away the Dash, so there's no real sale going on.

And why is everyone going on about doing this over again but making it coffee, candy or toys.  These guys have paid for this machine already, and are almost complete with the project.  Don't you know I'm the only person here with the credentials to micro manage and criticize?  Get off my turf!  (LOL, I am joking, except for the penchant for micromanaging....)  Grin Cheesy Grin

I like the paper wallet idea.

Also, bottled water and coffee should be in the machine.

All I ever drink is booze, water or pedialyte

Have you looked at the machine bought... there isn't going to be bottles and there certainly isn't going to be coffee...

No one gives a shit that you think the soda idea is lame... it's a great proof of concept for what it actually is.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:28:07 AM

Hey, there's a neat idea.  You could put dash paper wallets stuck on some of the cans, so that it's also like a lottery, see if you win $$  But personally, I don't think it matters what is in the machine (though I prefer Diet Coke, even so Camo says it'll kill me)  People get thirsty at conventions, so this could be very nice.  Adding water as a choice will include everyone (almost) who drinks fluids but doesn't mind the environmental catastrophe bottles cause, LOL.

I like the paper wallet idea.

Also, bottled water and coffee should be in the machine.

All I ever drink is booze, water or pedialyte

Have you looked at the machine bought... there isn't going to be bottles and there certainly isn't going to be coffee...

No one gives a shit that you think the soda idea is lame... it's a great proof of concept for what it actually is.

Well, my MN votes count asshole.

I have looked at the pictures.  And they are fucking ugly.

You can put canned coffee in a machine fuckhead.

You can also put in canned water too dumbshit.

I really hate that if you don't drink the dash koolaid, everybody dog piles.

No, I'm not a troll, I've been here the whole time and been mining from the start.

Chill fellas - collaborate, no bitching Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 [5574] 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: