Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 [5576] 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:58:58 PM

My point is, that mining should be for everybody, and simple to get into from day one.

Interesting. My point is that mining should not be for everybody and therefore not simple to get into from day one.

An analogy would be that there is no need for all drivers to be mechanics.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:41:10 PM

so prices rises and guess who dumps?

the premine owner witn 1million DRK coins

Really? Someone just threw 1 million coins into the market? Please point me to which exchange, because I can't seem to find it and would love to buy at such an amount of liquidity. I'd also like to know when that "premine" supposedly happened.

Due to the almost perfect coin mixing functions built into Dash...you will never be able to blockchain prove the premine being dumped into your buy orders

Dash is the perfect fraud because you cannot prove the crime took place...again due to its excellent coin mixing feature

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
whovian

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:50:27 PM

My point is, that mining should be for everybody, and simple to get into from day one.

Interesting. My point is that mining should not be for everybody and therefore not simple to get into from day one.

An analogy would be that there is no need for all drivers to be mechanics.

My analogy is that interest on a bank account should be for everyone, not just for people with technical know how.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:09:14 PM

My analogy is that interest on a bank account should be for everyone, not just for people with technical know how.

Good one! Hmmn - so far the best equivalent to that might be owning a MN. Thanks to Moocowmoo and others, almost anyone could do that painlessly.

I still see mining as more analogous to working for a fiat Mint, but you've got me thinking.

whovian

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:25:14 PM

Good one! Hmmn - so far the best equivalent to that might be owning a MN. Thanks to Moocowmoo and others, almost anyone could do that painlessly.

I still see mining as more analogous to working for a fiat Mint, but you've got me thinking.

I see what your saying, but i think most miners are working for themselves if truth be known. The benefits to the 'Mint' are a welcome effect from self interest.
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:43:16 PM

so prices rises and guess who dumps?

the premine owner witn 1million DRK coins

Really? Someone just threw 1 million coins into the market? Please point me to which exchange, because I can't seem to find it and would love to buy at such an amount of liquidity. I'd also like to know when that "premine" supposedly happened.

Due to the almost perfect coin mixing functions built into Dash...you will never be able to blockchain prove the premine being dumped into your buy orders

Dash is the perfect fraud because you cannot prove the crime took place...again due to its excellent coin mixing feature

Classy!

So... you claim:
1) Dash had a 'premine' (not true, try 'instamine')

2.a) The 'premine owner' dumped bunch of Dash
"guess who dumps? the premine owner..."
2.b) You have no way of tracking who dumped any Dash
"you will never be able to blockchain prove the premine being dumped"

Fairly sure you contradicted yourself with #2 buddy... makes you look super stupid making a claim and then in the next post stating its impossible to prove... (read: I pulled this out of my ass)

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:54:23 PM

Classy!
...Fairly sure you contradicted yourself with #2 buddy... makes you look super stupid making a claim and then in the next post stating its impossible to prove... (read: I pulled this out of my ass)
Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSTOHa4Im4

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:15:07 PM

I see what your saying, but i think most miners are working for themselves if truth be known. The benefits to the 'Mint' are a welcome effect from self interest.

I have a bunch of miners, and my original motive was a combination of self-interest, geek-wallow and an iconoclastic wish to help replace fiat with something better. The self-interest (profit) part has been absent for quite a while, but I still run my miners, typically at a loss these days in terms of fiat equivalence.

My guess is that it would be a mistake for Joe/Jane Lunchbucket to start mining now or in future years "for profit". Perhaps "the mint" is the big mining farm in today's model, if the analogy stretches that far, and the farms certainly appear to be in it for profit - hard to be sure what role various gov/corp players might be playing, now or in the future.

Mining is dangerous terrain for "the little guy", I maintain, and will lead to unhappy users even if we make access easy. Of course, my perceptions are coloured by my own experience and could be wrong.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:18:10 PM

I really don't mean to be annoying, but using a linux distro like ubuntu is so much easier, and free.  It's infinitely easier to compile the miners, etc.
If you can, maybe think about loading a small partition on your drive with it, or running it off a jump drive (but beware, you'll have to start from scratch when you shut down?  You really need to be careful of downloading .exe miners imo, but if there is nothing on your computer that you care about, I guess it's worth the risk.  Unfortunately, I have such an old video card, I can't even use the latest binaries people (wolf) have come up with.  I suspect that if you go linux, you'd get a lot more help (just because most of us don't compile on Windows Sad   So sorry.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
whovian

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:27:06 PM

I have a bunch of miners, and my original motive was a combination of self-interest, geek-wallow and an iconoclastic wish to help replace fiat with something better. The self-interest (profit) part has been absent for quite a while, but I still run my miners, typically at a loss these days in terms of fiat equivalence.

My guess is that it would be a mistake for Joe/Jane Lunchbucket to start mining now or in future years "for profit". Perhaps "the mint" is the big mining farm in today's model, if the analogy stretches that far, and the farms certainly appear to be in it for profit - hard to be sure what role various gov/corp players might be playing, now or in the future.

Mining is dangerous terrain for "the little guy", I maintain, and will lead to unhappy users even if we make access easy. Of course, my perceptions are coloured by my own experience and could be wrong.

I was looking at "The Mint" as being the coins core infrastructure and blockchain, rather than a large mining setup. Would it work if people were rewarded automatically by interest on amount of coin invested in?.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:00:58 PM

I was looking at "The Mint" as being the coins core infrastructure and blockchain, rather than a large mining setup. Would it work if people were rewarded automatically by interest on amount of coin invested in?.

Yes, that view of "the Mint" is a better match to the fiat model irl. I've drifted toward thinking of a Big-player/Small-player dichotomy as our discussion evolved, still thinking that mining any coin for reliable profit is not presently viable for Small-players.

I think your interest question has an answer in the various PoS coins. People seem either to love or hate PoS. I'm ideologically neutral on the topic, but I have over a million of them earning stake interest, just in case.   
My experience with PoS coins is that their exchange value gradually drifts downward, as the amount paid in interest increases - they are innately inflationary that way. It's fun to have a million somethings, but the value of each one is small and shrinking - sort of like fiat.     Wink

Have you had a chance to read Toknormal's posts upthread about the nature of money and its various surrogates? He has a lot of useful knowledge about what things have worked historically and about some of the less obvious pitfalls awaiting crypto-world. Maybe he'll add a view here - my observations are personal, but he generally offers more formal analysis.

I diversify my crypto presence quite a bit, but DASH is my current fave for various reasons that are as objective and rational as I can manage. I'm not married to it - I try to stay detached - but I'm rooting for it to succeed just the same. Despite that, I'd say (to anyone) don't mine it unless you really know the territory well, grab a (portion of a) MN instead and do other things with your free time.

whovian

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:33:38 PM

Yes, that view of "the Mint" is a better match to the fiat model irl. I've drifted toward thinking of a Big-player/Small-player dichotomy as our discussion evolved, still thinking that mining any coin for reliable profit is not presently viable for Small-players.

I think your interest question has an answer in the various PoS coins. People seem either to love or hate PoS. I'm ideologically neutral on the topic, but I have over a million of them earning stake interest, just in case.   
My experience with PoS coins is that their exchange value gradually drifts downward, as the amount paid in interest increases - they are innately inflationary that way. It's fun to have a million somethings, but the value of each one is small and shrinking - sort of like fiat.     Wink

Have you had a chance to read Toknormal's posts upthread about the nature of money and its various surrogates? He has a lot of useful knowledge about what things have worked historically and about some of the less obvious pitfalls awaiting crypto-world. Maybe he'll add a view here - my observations are personal, but he generally offers more formal analysis.

I diversify my crypto presence quite a bit, but DASH is my current fave for various reasons that are as objective and rational as I can manage. I'm not married to it - I try to stay detached - but I'm rooting for it to succeed just the same. Despite that, I'd say (to anyone) don't mine it unless you really know the territory well, grab a (portion of a) MN instead and do other things with your free time.

It could be said that miners are getting interest by investment in the coin, via electricity and equipment, rather than directly purchasing and holding coin.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:47:02 PM

thanks, splawik21.

After reading, I give up. I to use to mine with amd for btc,ltc long time ago, it was simple. There really isn't a place for me to start for DASH. Like solo pool mining? wtf is that? See, I went to nicehash and cannot find create worker! Pools are suppose to have workers. Like i am so pissed that I cannot figure this out on my own. One fucking retarded thing after the next and then I need to look like a baboon asking questions.

See I need a guide with 1), 2), 3), 4), "steps" with screenshots. I am a baboon at this.

cryptomining-blog.com use to have really great guides but I cannot find a specific guide for maxwell, w/e miner to use with FULL steps cmds, pool to use & DASH.
I think this is a fundamental issue with all cryptocurrency. They all assume that the general public know Jackshit about code or anything other than the most basic computer skills. It excludes them from getting involved, and will do for years, which is not good obviously. It is all double Dutch to most people, and that is why any guides must be super simple, and easy as 1,2,3. If this technology is to be mass adopted, it must be SIMPLE to use and not just understood by about 5% of the population.
The latest mining OS is Pimp.  It replaced BAMT 2 years ago or so.  Just download to a usb, boot, and set your pool address via their webpage.  Easy.  This was first started for litecoin so tailored to the AMD gpus that where the most efficient at the time.
http://www.getpimp.org/

Looks like they are planning to release cuda drivers for Nvidia.  It gives you a start if you want some monitoring built in, but you will need to install new video drivers.  Once you get your PIMP going you can image your usb.  Then you have a backup or can use to make USB drives for other machines.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:17:16 PM

Looks like Otoh just moved his support wall of 9.9K Dash from 0.0055 to 0.007
http://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

So many people are touting "Blockchain Technology" but I wonder how they secure it?  In house?  I just don't understand who is mining the coins, how is it leveraged so that it's trustless.  They have to understand that part, thus they must have a way to do it.  Does anyone know how they're doing it?
http://www.coindesk.com/chain-issues-investor-shares-nasdaq-linq/

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
lulla.by

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:19:33 PM

So many people are touting "Blockchain Technology" but I wonder how they secure it?  In house?  I just don't understand who is mining the coins, how is it leveraged so that it's trustless.  They have to understand that part, thus they must have a way to do it.  Does anyone know how they're doing it?

What do you mean exactly?
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:20:46 PM

The first blockchain company used newspapers as a way to secure information...Interesting huh?  Check out the podcast on the LTB about 2 months ago for details.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:25:16 PM

qwizzie looks like you didn`t follow the charts a bit Wink
The BID has appeared 3-4 days ago.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 09:43:46 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 09:58:50 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

qwizzie looks like you didn`t follow the charts a bit Wink
The BID has appeared 3-4 days ago.
No, he's right. 9.9K DASH at James Bond...  Grin

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/683767528502505472

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:48:46 PM

What do you mean exactly?

Well, bitcoin secures the blockchain with mining.  Everyone competes for the right to check and add entries into the blockchain ledger and earn a reward, and the others check it.  As long as nobody has the ability to predict that they will win the block a couple of times in a row or so, they shouldn't be able to double spend or insert things that don't belong in the chain.  Otherwise it's just a ledger.  

In Dash Evo, it will pretty much only be a competition to earn the reward and do the duty of entering transactions into the blockchain, no checking, no choosing (I believe).  The entries will be checked and locked by a quorum of Masternodes.  If the miner doesn't do what they say, it gets rejected.  Why does this work?  Because the MNs are chosen randomly and the quorum members check against each other.

So, sure, Solarminer, you could use something, a number, whatever in a newspaper to choose something like quorums, but the question is, where do you get the wide ranging, widely owned MNs or whatever you want to call them, to secure the ledger?  You need a wide ranging network with many self interested parties to make this work.  How does a bank get that?

Pages: « 1 ... 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 5531 5532 5533 5534 5535 5536 5537 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 [5576] 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: