Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 [5588] 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 08:24:25 PM

I'm trying hard not to put you on ignore, as you do have some valid points, but posts like this make it hard. Please change your tone, or I will have to classify you among the pure trolls of this thread, as well as I'm sure others will. Keep it civil, dude! No speculations or assumptions...Keep it classy, please.

I'm not the troll, I'm a realist and I'm honest.  I'm certainly not a 'yes man'... If I see something fishy I have no problem calling attention to it...

I think Evan has put a lot of work into this project, and it has a lot of good things about it, but if you aren't skeptical when it comes to large amounts of money, you are not doing your due diligence... don't troll me for being skeptical of his motives
Not disrespecting your points, just your tone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:25:34 PM

I'm trying hard not to put you on ignore, as you do have some valid points, but posts like this make it hard. Please change your tone, or I will have to classify you among the pure trolls of this thread, as well as I'm sure others will. Keep it civil, dude! No speculations or assumptions...Keep it classy, please.

I'm not the troll, I'm a realist and I'm honest.  I'm certainly not a 'yes man'... If I see something fishy I have no problem calling attention to it...

I think Evan has put a lot of work into this project, and it has a lot of good things about it, but if you aren't skeptical when it comes to large amounts of money, you are not doing your due diligence... don't troll me for being skeptical of his motives

Thing is you are preaching to the choir
WE KNOW this - everything your writing
Heard it before
We'll surely hear it again and again

BUT I'M NOT GOING ANY WHERE!!!!!!!!

Nothing will chase me away from DASH

(his/her words read just like some of our famous trolls)
(seriously doubt this is a NEW person here)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:52:11 PM

I didn't mean to change the topic, or call anyone out here, but the facts are the facts and I'm not going to hide them... The launch was bad, 1.85mil was mined in just the first 24 hours.  Only a linux version was compiled, so very few people got a large chunk of this 1.85mil (1850 MNs)...

It is what it is...

there actually was a window miner compiled at the launch because something went wrong and the launch was delayed until it could be fixed. it was fixed and by then somebody had compiled the windows miner and people were using it. it's all documented in the first several pages.

after that is when the 48hr ~2mill instamine happened. the launch was not pretty but it seems to have worked it's self out now. no coin that i know of has had a perfect launch that was fairly distributed. definitely not btc and while ltc was a bit better distribution wise they still had a small instamine due to their code. that code was partially responsible for our instamine because we were based on ltc code at the time.

out of the 3 (btc, ltc and DASH) i would say ltc may have the fairest distribution but it's hard to say. there still weren't that many miners back then but way more than btc but not anywhere as many as DASH. there are several btc people that have 1mil+ btc including satoshi.  illodine has said more people mined DASH the first day than mined btc the 1st year and from my research that sounds about right. no one really knows though.
with all the different variables in play it looks to me they all have about equal distribution with ltc #1 and DASH and BTC close behind. none of that distribution is "fair" in the big picture to the other 99% of the world population that does not own any crypto.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:14:10 PM

This was my take on it a few months back. Might be worth a read. I think my analysis is about the closest thing to proof you can get that even under the rosiest assumptions, there isn't any way Evan could have 500 masternodes. It's not feasible and the numbers are all right there to back it up. Remember that my analysis was based on generous assumptions throughout.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12689175#msg12689175
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:41:12 PM

My point is more about the centralized launch of Dash and how that relates to voting...

With 1850 MNs in the hands of a handful of people, then you add in the 40-50% MN mining share, plus I assume some of them kept mining the whole time...

The first 24 hours alone accounts for 58% of the votes (not counting any accumulation from MNs)... how is that not centralized?

Because your assumption is simply incorrect, you want to jump from the first day launch to today like there was no trading over the last 2 years and two rallies in which Dash went all the way up to 15 USD and  6 USD respectively and millions in volume traded. I have never mined anything other than BTC with butterfly labs ASICS in which I lost money. So all the nodes I owned I acquired from the market, so I know first hand distribution is healthy.

You can read more details on this here:

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

And the official statement on the launch issues here:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/official-dash-instamine-issue-clarification.7569/#post-78081

Beyond that, I think the project current state clearly shows we are making progress so is a personal decision each person needs to take whether they want to be involved or not.  

^^

I bought some Dash for almost nothing in february / 2014. Yes, the distribution happened, I was there.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:59:06 PM

our dash n drink machine's new face (first proto)

I have a cigarette dispenser, Would it be interesting to have it too?
Software could be adapted quickly (Rasp)

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:01:45 PM

did i hear this now is cryptnoote style coin?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 10:02:58 PM

Not disrespecting your points, just your tone.

Melech raises several excellent points.  First among them, why should we believe Fishy Evan the Instaminer or Otoh the Market Manipulator when they disclaim owning an overwhelming percentage of Masternodes?  I thought the benefit of blockchains is the deprecation of trust.

Your tone policing is a form of trolling.  This is not a self-moderated thread, so your concern about tone is inappropriate and off-topic.

Evan is free to start a self-moderated thread if he wishes to exclude all but gushingly pro-Dash cheerleading.

Speaking of which, it's funny how you True Believers' guileless, boot-licking tone is just fine, but anyone asking how we can trust the word of an instaminer needs to dial back the negativity.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:13:48 PM

I didn't mean to change the topic, or call anyone out here, but the facts are the facts and I'm not going to hide them... The launch was bad, 1.85mil was mined in just the first 24 hours.  Only a linux version was compiled, so very few people got a large chunk of this 1.85mil (1850 MNs)...

It is what it is...

there actually was a window miner compiled at the launch because something went wrong and the launch was delayed until it could be fixed. it was fixed and by then somebody had compiled the windows miner and people were using it. it's all documented in the first several pages.

Wrong.

Here's the (second) launch:

Pushed the changes to master-0.8!

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

Here's Evan asking someone to compile for Windows:

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Here's the first public Windows binaries:

Almost 5 hours passed (almost 2 hours before Evan even asked anyone to create Windows binaries). How many coins were mined in that time period?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:14:26 PM

2 broken records for the price of one.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:20:02 PM

2 broken records for the price of one.

And free of charge with bump bonus  Grin

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:25:14 PM

did i hear this now is cryptnoote style coin?

No, this one is not cryptonote

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashs-incredible-2015-and-a-gaze-into-the-crystal-balls-2016.7576/

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 10:40:41 PM

I didn't mean to change the topic, or call anyone out here, but the facts are the facts and I'm not going to hide them... The launch was bad, 1.85mil was mined in just the first 24 hours.  Only a linux version was compiled, so very few people got a large chunk of this 1.85mil (1850 MNs)...

It is what it is...

Wrong.

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Almost 5 hours passed (almost 2 hours before Evan even asked anyone to create Windows binaries).

How many coins were mined in that time period?

The Dash community deserves an answer to that important question.

It's unacceptable for the usual suspects (who only post in Dash threads) to be so two-faced, saying with one side of their mouths the instamine isn't a big deal and is a good thing, while simultaneously attacking anyone with a different opinion (or tone).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:46:17 PM

Electrum-Dash with Trezor support released!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/electrum-dash-with-trezor-support-released.7584/

Yes, support for Masternodes on Trezor is the next step

Great news!  Smiley

hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:46:41 PM

wow confusing to me. thanks

Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:48:39 PM

....because of all the Monero people in here, right?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:55:35 PM

Trolls are here! Time to buy!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 10:57:49 PM

No, because the Dictator of Darkcoin decided in haste to steal another communities' coin name, which happened to be based on plain-vanilla cryptonote.

The rebrand was an unforced error; an epic own goal.  It simultaneously alienated the "Dark" supporters and enraged the Dashcoin people, creating two enemies for no good reason other than the hope a rebrand would miraculously lift Darkcoin into 'legitmate mainstream' status.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:16:01 PM

It is what it is...

Wrong.

Almost 5 hours passed (almost 2 hours before Evan even asked anyone to create Windows binaries). How many coins were mined in that time period?

we've been over this ad nauseum.
this guy compiled it before launch. others could have done the same or wait for the release you quoted.

he did something wrong but eventually he figured it out.

update doesn't compile:

init.cpp:745:15: error: operator '!' has no right operand

Hmmm, I didn't update that part of the code. Although, I just updated again so try:

git reset --hard HEAD
git pull origin master-0.8
make clean
make

Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update. Oh well still no blocks, must be in a bad location... Gave me something to do before bedtime...

like i said the launch was not pretty and had issues. the issues were probably just as bad as the hyper inflationary monero cripplemine launch issues and multi-thread monero ninja launch by a scam dev that y'all had to kick out.  Kiss

dude where's my GUI?

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 11:34:43 PM by smooth

we've been over this ad nauseum.
this guy compiled it before launch. others could have done the same or wait for the release you quoted.

Yes I agree (some) people could have compiled it themselves. That does leave out a lot of users though, within those first critical few hours.

Although...even this guy likely compiled it for the first time after launch. Linux users too for that matter. Evan didn't release the new source code until one minute before launch. I'm not sure whether it is possible to compile it on any reasonable (mainstream) computer within one minute. And with 500K+ coins mined in the first hour, minutes count...

like i said the launch was not pretty and had issues. the issues were probably just as bad as the hyper inflationary monero cripplemine launch issues and multi-thread monero ninja launch by a scam dev that y'all had to kick out.  Kiss

There was no hyperinflation certainly. The rate of coin distribution was right on schedule within a few minutes.

dude where's my GUI?

Here's one of many, from over a year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=903579.0

2014 called, they want their "no GUI" FUD back.
Pages: « 1 ... 5538 5539 5540 5541 5542 5543 5544 5545 5546 5547 5548 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 [5588] 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: