Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 [2751] 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:58:06 PM

Utilizing the Masternode network - DarkTor

One of the future goals is to turn the masternode network into a decentralized business for masternode operators. To do this we’ll add features that improve the privacy of end users and compete with centralized businesses. Our first endeavor into this is to make a completely private tor network within Darkcoin.

The Darkcoin network will begin to offer anonymous internet access via the masternode network. As a user, all you’ll have to do is pay a fee for 24 hours of access. This fee will be paid to a masternode in much the same way the masternode fees are paid, using a deterministic algorithm for determining which masternode will get paid.

There’s a few benefits to running a private tor network through Darkcoin.

Sybil resistant - Due to the cost of obtaining masternodes, it will be very difficult for any one person to view all traffic.
    Anonymous Payments - Users can pay anonymously for the service
    Private Network - Our tor network will be internal to darkcoin only. All traffic will be paid traffic, so the cost of running the service should be profitable for the masternode operators.
    Faster than tor - Tor has historically been very slow. This will be a lean version, that has much higher throughput.

As for the cost of the service we’re thinking $0.50 per day or something to that effect.

We’re still working on the details how this will function and this isn’t a feature that we’re absolutely set on. We’re very interested to get the community’s response to see if it’s viable .

I think I just shit my pants.
I feel like I am taking crazy pills here. This is an update saying that they found some bugs and they are setting up their own "faster" tor network. This is all just words. Right? Am I crazy? "we’ll add features that improve the privacy of end users" aren't you already the "first anonymous coin"? Do you need to be more anonymous than anonymous? unless... you weren't really anonymous.... and how will you handle exit nodes?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:02:19 PM

One of the future goals is to turn the masternode network into a decentralized business for masternode operators. To do this we’ll add features that improve the privacy of end users and compete with centralized businesses. Our first endeavor into this is to make a completely private tor network within Darkcoin.

The Darkcoin network will begin to offer anonymous internet access via the masternode network. As a user, all you’ll have to do is pay a fee for 24 hours of access. This fee will be paid to a masternode in much the same way the masternode fees are paid, using a deterministic algorithm for determining which masternode will get paid.

Sybil resistant - Due to the cost of obtaining masternodes, it will be very difficult for any one person to view all traffic.
    Private Network - Our tor network will be internal to darkcoin only. All traffic will be paid traffic, so the cost of running the service should be profitable for the masternode operators.
    Faster than tor - Tor has historically been very slow. This will be a lean version, that has much higher throughput.

As for the cost of the service we’re thinking $0.50 per day or something to that effect.

We’re still working on the details how this will function and this isn’t a feature that we’re absolutely set on. We’re very interested to get the community’s response to see if it’s viable .

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here. This is an update saying that they found some bugs and they are setting up their own "faster" tor network. This is all just words. Right? Am I crazy? "we’ll add features that improve the privacy of end users" aren't you already the "first anonymous coin"? Do you need to be more anonymous than anonymous? unless... you weren't really anonymous....

Lol everyone knows drk is not real annon, and the recent price reflects it
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

I'm waiting for the day that Kristov Atlas releases his code review, where he announces that DRK is the best anon solution out there. Then all these trolls will be silenced forever.
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:04:59 PM

Why rely one one VPN provider when you can use a network of a thousand of them? Smiley

Great! The power of masternodes unleached!!!
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:05:24 PM

The goal is to get as close to 99.999% anonymity as possible, you will never have 100%. The recent drop is a due to a combination of things, mostly the fact that every coin got slaughtered in the latest crypto market drop, not just DRK.

erok

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:06:09 PM

I'm waiting for the day that Kristov Atlas releases his code review, where he announces that DRK is the best anon solution out there. Then all these trolls will be silenced forever.
But he is kinda biased right? I'll listen to data. Not some schmuck who is invested in what he is auditing.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:08:59 PM

But he is kinda biased right? I'll listen to data. Not some schmuck who is invested in what he is auditing.

The community organized DRK donations in order to thank him for his time.

He wasn't paid for an opinion he has too much integrity.

I understand people wanting to wait for open sourcing, but seeing how this project has gone so far I've already seen enough to know I support it.

Freckleg

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:09:59 PM

The goal is to get as close to 99.999% anonymity as possible, you will never have 100%. The recent drop is a due to a combination of things, mostly the fact that every coin got slaughtered in the latest crypto market drop, not just DRK.

Drk is already anonymous for 99,9%. The tor is a new feature non related to anonymous coin. We are moving towards usability on a whole different level. Masternode Owners Will become service providers and get paid for it. Basically with RC5 you can start you own business by setting up a Masternode. And with one service more will follow. DRK does not only provide anonymity in payments it will now offer services in the realm on anonymity! Breaking new ground and excellent news for Masternode owners!
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:11:21 PM

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here. This is an update saying that they found some bugs and they are setting up their own "faster" tor network. This is all just words. Right? Am I crazy? "we’ll add features that improve the privacy of end users" aren't you already the "first anonymous coin"? Do you need to be more anonymous than anonymous? unless... you weren't really anonymous.... and how will you handle exit nodes?

This is talking about more than a coin. The coin transfers can be anonymous, but that is apples to oranges compared to building business(es) on top.
Freckleg

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:11:33 PM

Will you please stop quoting and arguing with Trolls!!
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:12:09 PM

look at the reaction of traders...

if evan unleash this properly we will have some interesting technology to deal with Wink

and all you need to do is ... HODL Cheesy

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:12:49 PM

How did PoSA turn out for you? Oh not really trustless, oh and BlockEscrow  not really anonymous, but that wasnt what you guys were saying all along.  Darksend+ works on mainnet and its deployed it is working extremely well, now we move to our next stage which is IP obfuscation and DarkTor, Darksend will be open source in due time and then you and the rest of the world can make their own conclusions, in the meantime keep investing in vaporware while Darkcoin delivers true innovation.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:13:44 PM

I feel ike I'm on some-kinda, MN shit list.

Last MN payment : 2014-08-10 - ugh

When I complained about getting 1 payment in 20 days you told me that everything irons out in the long-term & to STFU remember?  Wink
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Why rely one one VPN provider when you can use a network of a thousand of them? Smiley

Great! The power of masternodes unleached!!!

Evan has stated quite clearly that the symbiotic relationship between masternodes and leeches is here to stay.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:14:54 PM

The potential here is amazing. Through the use of various decentralized business ventures, we'll increase MN revenue far beyond what we have today. Owning a masternode could provide a very nice income indeed.
erok

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:15:30 PM

Drk is already anonymous for 99,9%. The tor is a new feature non related to anonymous coin. We have that we are loving into usability on a whole different level. Masternode Ownership Will become service providers and get paid for it. Basically with RC5 you can start you own business by setting up a Masternode. And with one service most will follow. DRK does not only provide anonymity in payments it now will offer services in the realm on anonymity! Breaking new ground and excellent news for Masternode owners!
So that is all crap imo right? There is no anonymity at all if it isn't 100% right? Crazy pill here? Getting down to the technicalities of it... how will drktor handle exit nodes on data and especially on transactions?

tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:16:14 PM

Huge! I cannot wait to stop paying for VPN and rely on the provider. We are going to have our own DarkTor network infrastructure!
I think people don't realize how big it will be once finished and polished.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:17:48 PM

Drk is already anonymous for 99,9%. The tor is a new feature non related to anonymous coin. We have that we are loving into usability on a whole different level. Masternode Ownership Will become service providers and get paid for it. Basically with RC5 you can start you own business by setting up a Masternode. And with one service most will follow. DRK does not only provide anonymity in payments it now will offer services in the realm on anonymity! Breaking new ground and excellent news for Masternode owners!
So that is all crap imo right? There is no anonymity at all if it isn't 100% right? Crazy pill here? Getting down to the technicalities of it... how will drktor handle exit nodes on data and especially on transactions?
100% anonymity is technically impossible until we have open source hardware.
erok

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:20:20 PM

100% anonymity is technically impossible until we have open source hardware.
Most of crypto runs on open source hardware. Please explain?

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:21:32 PM

That was the recovery signal. (imo)
Pages: « 1 ... 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 [2751] 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: