Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:13:31 AM

He said he will run everything through Evan and let Evan decide how to disseminate the information (see reddit). I hope some are not construing Evans silence as a sign that he is busy responding to kristovs review before releasing it... Hopefully there is not a lot of work generated by it!

Come on Evan, speak up. Just a peep. A good morning, howdy do.

Yes, everything goes through Evan first.  Evan hasn't been on IRC today as far as I can tell, so I think he is away doing something personal (hey, he's allowed to go to the bathroom sometimes you know, basic needs need filling ;P )  or his head is to the grindstone.  It's one or the other. 

So, I know everyone is frustrated with the price, and Evan did peek in earlier with his comment about RC5 starting up soon to cheer us up.  But please don't panic if you don't hear from him every day.  This is a distraction, and it's hard to refocus on your work after being distracted.  So please be understanding.

Thanks for your reassurance Tante ☺.

I am definitely not panicking (not selling any DRK) just concerned that unnecessary damage has been done due to lack of confidence from a forward looking market that has no solid evidence of what's coming for darkcoin. I think even a few sentences from the maestro could help alleviate some of this uneccesary concern. Markets abhor uncertainty.

Anyways, I am sure we will hear from Evan in the next day or two and all concerns will be put to bed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:17:14 AM

Like I said, anon tech is coming in other forms.

Yes, it's called "white papers" Grin
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:18:17 AM

Seriously, the market has turned against you. Wake up. If RC4 had picked up the market, I would not be saying anything. I'm not doing this for fun. I had a lot of MNs. There is no fresh money coming into Drk since even before RC4.

But it's only been a few days hasn't it?  Plus we've had massive dumps of several coins...

Nobody has spoken about the Scrypt ASIC manufacturers, could they have decided to take some profits perhaps?  Cutting their losses?

I'm inclined to agree with what Kristov said "Litecoin down to $116m cap. Makes you wonder whether it will stay at #2 when crypto prices rise again. Altcoin market poised for shake-up?".

The market is licking it's wounds at the moment, but when it starts to rise again, I think we are going to see a huge shake-up....

Dark is up 17% in the last hour by the way... Wink

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:19:31 AM

You have no idea how Btc was developed.
BTC was not competing with coin cloners. Let's be honest with ourselves here. Why did you create Ozziecoin? Do you really think Australia needs it's own cryptocurrency? The state needs to control the money supply so it has another way to live beyond its means, but it's not necessary for the people of a country to have their own currency and I would even go as far as to say it's backwards. Could it be that you thought you could make a quick buck? Why stop at country coins? Maybe we could develop state/province coins as well? Actually, now that I think of it, I think what the world needs now is Oodnadatta coin, especially the people in Oodnadatta. Or maybe not.

Evan has always said that the project will become open source and I - and I'm sure many others - believe those are his true intentions as he has constantly delivered what he claims to be working on. Of course there have been some issues but that can be expected. Perhaps the reason you are so adamant about Darkcoin becoming open source right now is that you see another niche in the market for an anonymous coin with a nicer name and without some of the other issuesthat DRK has experienced. I'm sure you are not the only one thinking that, so the moment Darksend's source code is released there will be probably dozens of coins released claiming to be exactly the same thing - a more family friendly version of Darkcoin. The bottom line is that they will all be copycat developers, most with the sole objective of making some easy money.

I believe in open source software and in general use only open source software if it's plausible, but I'm willing to make an exception in this case because of the nature of the rapidly moving cryptocurrency market. One of the main reasons I am invested in Darkcoin, despite Darksend being closed source is my faith in Evan (and of course the rest of the team who have joined), having seen the way he works through problems in his posts. I'm sure when Darksend is ready and the moment is right it will be made open source. Maybe I will be disappointed, but if all the kinks are ironed out, to me, DRK has amazing potential, so getting in at this price point is a great opportunity.
Yes, I believe Australia needs its own crypto.

As I see it, Drk doesn't have that much time. In this short amount of time, Drk needs to develop market and widespread adoption to create its own network effect.

Anyway, why do you care about Ozziecoin? It will never be Drkcoin nor does it want to be. It's totally different demographics. You're scared of something imaginary. I have no ability to compete with Drk. It's a joke right?

Look at Ltc. Did they care about the hundreds of other alts out there? No. You do a fair launch, open source the code and let the market decide if they want to use you. No one will use Ozziecoin for privacy if Drk developed it. I just personally like privacy, else would have just picked Ltc. If I picked Ltc, no one would care at Ltc would care about Ozc.

Anyway, at present I give Drk a small percentage that it will make the right decisions. If it doesn't, it will be rendered obsolete by DW or some other anon tech. We shall see what happens next.

I'm not scared of Ozziecoin at all. What I'm suggesting is that perhaps you (and many others) would clone DRK create a new coin. We all know how keen some are to jump ship on to "the next big thing" in the crypto world. Many are happy to ride the whales' pump and dumps and who can blame them, I mean as long as your not the last one holding the bag, right? But as you say, marketing is important, look at Doge's sucess in the past. What a joke! However, if it actually provided some additional functionality than existing options, and much fewer coins - or mass adoption - it may have retained its place near the top of the heap. The market is fickle and it's not very difficult to imagine a situation where some marketing guru clones Darkcoin and sells it to the masses - much like what happened with Dogecoin - and in doing so becomes the number one anonymous cryptocurrency, leaving Darkcoin in its wake. All without doing any of the real work which has brought Darkcoin and Darksend to where they are today.
Well, you're going to have to take that risk sooner or later. By keeping it under wraps, you've scared away guys like AA and a good chunk of the Btc community. How can some second coin be better than Drk, if the Drk devs developed it?  That's crazy talk. If you're fearful of that then this coin is already dead. Like I said, anon tech is coming in other forms. Drk's ability to survive is based on how fast it builds lasting networks. First to market is a major advantage. Don't squander it.

To a certain extent I agree, but I think the Darkcoin team should know better than anyone when to release the source code. I have to question your motives if you are posting so often about making DarkSend open source.
I saw the market dump about 24 hours before it happened. There was no new money coming in after RC4. It saddened me to destroy my MNs and to offload. The MNs were part of my investment strategy. I can't reinvest while this code is closed and not knowing when it will be open, and then waiting to see whether markets will actually form around Drk in time (before DW comes out). The risk for me is too great. You seeing Ozc as a threat is so funny. I'm flattered but really, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't think country coins are the way forward. I just can't see the need for a decentralised cryptocurrency to be tied to one nation. Regardless, as I said above, I would be more worried about a completely new cloned version of Darkcoin, aimed at global adoption.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:19:58 AM

Seriously mate, I cant understand your thoughts around Open Source, this was flogged to death before. Copy cat coins aside, Evan NEEDS to ensure that Darksend+ is 100% secure and all exploits are patched before its opened source. We only just got to RC4 ffs and you are screaming like a kid. What if Evan open sourced the code and there was an exploit that killed the coin? If he had kept it closed source it would have been found in the audits and patched before opensource.

Secondly if you love to support DarkWallet and believe its somehow the future then by all means leave this community and dont come back. This thread is clogged up with enough bullshit & trolls and we dont need pages and pages of your "opinions" just because you somehow think they are the only way. I would bet & trust that Evan has alot more knowledge and experience behind him to make the right decisions.

Seriously, the market has turned against you. Wake up. If RC4 had picked up the market, I would not be saying anything. I'm not doing this for fun. I had a lot of MNs. There is no fresh money coming into Drk since even before RC4.

This was NOT just dark going down, how can you not look at the market from a holistic view? Litecoin, BTC going down to $300, are you blind? There was no positive liquidity in ANY MARKET

As for myself the market/price is only a small fraction of why im here - I am here because I am amazed at the cutting edge technology and whats been achieved and delivered, more so than any other coin since bitcoin has come about. It sounds to me like you have the mindset of a stereotypical impatient ADD "trader" kid where they see the sheep start to sell so they follow and start to whine and whinge about something that they think is the cause. Could it be that the whale group had invested more into DRK than they did XMR and hence why we got hit harder.....Huh no...it must be the faucet or open source issue....

I hope you really do invest what ever you have earned into DarkWallet and wish you all the best.
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:25:57 AM

Seriously mate, I cant understand your thoughts around Open Source, this was flogged to death before. Copy cat coins aside, Evan NEEDS to ensure that Darksend+ is 100% secure and all exploits are patched before its opened source. We only just got to RC4 ffs and you are screaming like a kid. What if Evan open sourced the code and there was an exploit that killed the coin? If he had kept it closed source it would have been found in the audits and patched before opensource.

Secondly if you love to support DarkWallet and believe its somehow the future then by all means leave this community and dont come back. This thread is clogged up with enough bullshit & trolls and we dont need pages and pages of your "opinions" just because you somehow think they are the only way. I would bet & trust that Evan has alot more knowledge and experience behind him to make the right decisions.

Ozzie, you are beating the dead horse. We all know you have an agenda and if you think your BS is gonna convince anyone then you are dead wrong. I don't wanna hear any more crap from you, so I will put you on ignore.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:26:21 AM

You do not have to have a crystal ball on what is going to happen:

- liquidity comes back to the market
- liquidity flows to strong BTC alternatives, DRK
- tech of Dark gets a tumbs up from its audit
- RC5 will bring even more usability of master nodes and make the anon tech fully bulletproof (I would say it is already at 99% but ip obfuscation will make it 100%)

Dark will take the number 2 spot

And this will all happen within quite a short timeframe

My 2 duffs...
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:27:05 AM

Dark is up 17% in the last hour by the way... Wink

And most important: We still have volume Smiley

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:28:16 AM

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

You don't actually need an exchange as such....you just need an exchange mechanism that collects inputs of DRK or BTC and matches the two at an acceptable strike point.

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

Jane wants to sell 1 DRK ( Grin)

Both Bob and Jane send their coins to a holding address, effectively an escrow, and when there are two equally matched transactions, they are executed.

Probably not that far removed from what Master Nodes do now with their 8 rounds.

DRK Master Nodes as decentralised BTC exchanges....make it so.......
This is actually a genius idea if implemented quickly and then open sourcing darksend. The coin might be saved due to quick adoption by wider community.
Agreed. But how do you do it in a way that doesn't put coins at risk by master nodes?

I think the real question is how do you do it without the risk of the coins being stuck in limbo.  Bob sends a coin to escrow where it's held, and signs it away.  Jane decides she really doesn't want to do this, so she doesn't put up her collateral.  Now how does Bob get his coin back?

But really, I can see timing being used where the coin is released if there is no taker after a certain amount of time.  I can also see it working much like exchanges work, where the exchange isn't in a formal escrow between two people, but in orders with time limits that either are filled or not.  It can be done.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:30:45 AM

This was NOT just dark going down, how can you not look at the market from a holistic view? Litecoin, BTC going down to $300, are you blind? There was no positive liquidity in ANY MARKET

As for myself the market/price is only a small fraction of why im here - I am here because I am amazed at the cutting edge technology and whats been achieved and delivered, more so than any other coin since bitcoin has come about. It sounds to me like you have the mindset of a stereotypical impatient ADD "trader" kid where they see the sheep start to sell so they follow and start to whine and whinge about something that they think is the cause. Could it be that the whale group had invested more into DRK than they did XMR and hence why we got hit harder.....Huh no...it must be the faucet or open source issue....

I hope you really do invest what ever you have earned into DarkWallet and wish you all the best.
I don't buy it. I tracked Drk closely and saw the drop before RC4 and I believed reversal would happen on RC4. At that time Btc and Ltc was still going fine. When RC4 failed to reverse the price trend, it was clear - money was leaving Drk. Whatever the reason may be but it was clear the market did not care about Drk's anon tech.

I love Drk's tech too. I even posted it: "Very sad day. I really, really liked Drk."  But a coin is more than just the technology. Everything has to be right. It has to be fair, it has to be open source, it has to be widely adopted, the name must be right, markets must build around it. Though Drk had the technology, it was clearly failing on some of these other things because new money wasn't coming in.

It's very sad. I wish it was different. I wanted to own lots of MNs and to retire next year. I'm speaking up because I'm trying to change things up for Drk so that guys like AA can hopefully get behind Drk and push for wider adoption.

I believe Drk alienated too many people. And in the end the Btc community just said no even though Drk had functioning anonymity. That was a real shock to me.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Scriptiee

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:32:23 AM

Pointless, it's like arguing with a wall. He is so fixated on the "instamine", closed source and the drop in the final supply number that he just not see through any facts nor listens to any reason.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:33:06 AM

Ozzie, you are beating the dead horse. We all know you have an agenda and if you think your BS is gonna convince anyone then you are dead wrong. I don't wanna hear any more crap from you, so I will put you on ignore.
In that case, you won't see this reply. So, really you should have just hit ignore and moved on.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:34:52 AM

Ozziecoin it is never a bad moment to sell if you make a profit

Only thing is by the time you realize tech and adoption had nothing to do with the price drop, you will find yourself buying at levels much much higher. And believe me this is exactly what will happen.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:35:18 AM

Troll or not, Ozzie made a comment about bitcoin coming up with their "own" anonymization solution. I for one have concluded that a trustless decentralized bitcoin anonymizer will require fork of bitcoin, which puts this far from the realm of possibility. Other Btc mixing products are closed source and centralized. Dark wallet is also centralized and runs via browser extension. And I don't think that darkcoin code can help them: they don't have an asset like DRK that is required to setup a masternode. With no barrier to entry anyone could setup thousands of darkwallet masternodes to collude.

My only concern is, could dark wallet copy darkcoin code and use bitcoin as a prerequisite to setup masternodes? I suppose if dark wallet operated as a sidechain to bitcoin, but like coins101 says that is years away, and as peter Todd says, side chains are fallible.

So no I am not worried about a bitcoin based competitor to darkcointalk right now. If anyone sees otherwise I would like to know!

Open source or close source? I assume Evan has much better insight on the topic and has a solid plan in place for the good of darkcoin. Now only if he would care to share even a snippet of this plan with us he could put all concerns to rest.

Again, I say no, Dark Wallet functions in a web browser.  It mixes coins on the spot when enough people join a pool.  I don't know if they can even denominate.  Is it simple coin join?  If so, it's not very good.  I really have to spend the time to read up on our competition.  But being that the wallet is hooked into a web browser turns me off right there! 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:39:23 AM

Ozziecoin it is never a bad moment to sell if you make a profit

Only thing is by the time you realize tech and adoption had nothing to do with the price drop, you will find yourself buying at levels much much higher. And believe me this is exactly what will happen.
Maybe you're right. But right now, I'm weighing up - will Drkcoin form markets before DW is released? In another words, can Drk turn this around in four months? IDK. Difficult one to call. Hard to put money into that kind of risk. So, I'm hedged.

doubleredrolex

Activity: 211

I Believe

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:40:15 AM

BTC will eventually be hooked into web browsers... I would expect to see that in the next couple years as soon as Facebook and Paypal and google integrate them.

Why are we still talking about other coins in the DRK thread? lol
If people want to talk about cloak and dark wallet then I'm sure theres forums for that stuff.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:40:50 AM

I don't buy it. I tracked Drk closely and saw the drop before RC4 and I believed reversal would happen on RC4. At that time Btc and Ltc was still going fine. When RC4 failed to reverse the price trend, it was clear - money was leaving Drk. Whatever the reason may be but it was clear the market did not care about Drk's anon tech.

I love Drk's tech too. I even posted it: "Very sad day. I really, really liked Drk."  But a coin is more than just the technology. Everything has to be right. It has to be fair, it has to be open source, it has to be widely adopted, the name must be right, markets must build around it. Though Drk had the technology, it was clearly failing on some of these other things because new money wasn't coming in.

It's very sad. I wish it was different. I wanted to own lots of MNs and to retire next year. I'm speaking up because I'm trying to change things up for Drk so that guys like AA can hopefully get behind Drk and push for wider adoption.

I believe Drk alienated too many people. And in the end the Btc community just said no even though Drk had functioning anonymity. That was a real shock to me.

Well Ozzie, if the knowledge that DarkSend will be open source in the near future isn't good enough for you, we can't help you.  There were many good reasons to keep it closed, and had it been open, other coins would have implemented the faulty code and complained that it wasn't working correctly and "ruining" their coin.  We would have gotten nothing but flack from coins taking Evan's work from him.  Evan wants to open source DarkSend, but not until it's ready and stable.  When it is, then it will be opened and not before.  So there really is no reason to argue the point.  This will not change.  Lets move on to other subjects, eh?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:43:42 AM

BTC will eventually be hooked into web browsers... I would expect to see that in the next couple years as soon as Facebook and Paypal and google integrate them.

Why are we still talking about other coins in the DRK thread? lol
If people want to talk about cloak and dark wallet then I'm sure theres forums for that stuff.

Well, they are our competition.  Actually it's too bad that openly discussing our competition causes trolling because it would be nice to openly talk and compare the solutions people are coming up with.  But I know, I know, it just causes trouble....

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:44:05 AM

Well Ozzie, if the knowledge that DarkSend will be open source in the near future isn't good enough for you, we can't help you.  There were many good reasons to keep it closed, and had it been open, other coins would have implemented the faulty code and complained that it wasn't working correctly and "ruining" their coin.  We would have gotten nothing but flack from coins taking Evan's work from him.  Evan wants to open source DarkSend, but not until it's ready and stable.  When it is, then it will be opened and not before.  So there really is no reason to argue the point.  This will not change.  Lets move on to other subjects, eh?
That's fine. I'm hedged. I've raised the points I'm worried about and most of my posts are actually replies to other posts. If other coins had copied Drk and it didn't work, people would just flock to Drk. So, I can't agree with you. But let's stay friends. Believe it or not, I want to see Drk succeed. I still hold some. Drk could make me very happy and wealthy if it succeeded but based on current info, it's going to be a very close call.

doubleredrolex

Activity: 211

I Believe

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:44:23 AM

good plan
Pages: « 1 ... 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: