Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 [2742] 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:23:41 AM

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

You don't actually need an exchange as such....you just need an exchange mechanism that collects inputs of DRK or BTC and matches the two at an acceptable strike point.

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

Jane wants to sell 1 DRK ( Grin)

Both Bob and Jane send their coins to a holding address, effectively an escrow, and when there are two equally matched transactions, they are executed.

Probably not that far removed from what Master Nodes do now with their 8 rounds.

DRK Master Nodes as decentralised BTC exchanges....make it so.......
This is actually a genius idea if implemented quickly and then open sourcing darksend. The coin might be saved due to quick adoption by wider community.
Agreed. But how do you do it in a way that doesn't put coins at risk by master nodes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:26:31 AM

Instead, Drk went closed source and became ostracised from the Btc community, killing my investment with it.

You are, to put it mildly, misrepresenting facts.

DRK has been open in its code, whether it is x11, dgw1/2/3, masternodes etc. The only thing that has been closed is darksend. And it is closed since alpha status back in February (testnet) which was the first time it was used. It was never open so that it can go "closed" - something that you present as a fact or a change of policy.

When Darksend was released on mainnet in March, it was still closed. And back then the price was far lower than it is now, so whether you bought prior to the first DarkSend implementation on testnet, or on mainet, or after their implementation, you are still higher on your money (0.001x vs 0.004x right now). It is simply impossible to have lost money. The only way to have lost money is if you bought after RC1-2, above 0.004 levels. What that means is that you already knew that DRK was building up in a closed fashion and would be opened when ready. And nothing has changed since then - except the development which has gone back by 2 entire months through the masternode payment issue. Therefore, why do you blame some non-existent shift of strategy for your investment losses, aside from trolling purposes?
Check your trade records like I did. You will be surprised at the price jump and when it happened. I knew Drk was closed for awhile and believed it would be open sourced soon.

I thought the market would forgive a closed source RC4. I was wrong about that and paid for it. I saw no new money was coming in after RC4. This was a clear sign the speculative money was abandoning Drk. The closed source anon tech was not a winner. I then made some suggestions, which you are referring to as "trolling".

I have never tried to troll.
Mr Ozziecoin... we as community...the majority,  voted back in February to keep darkcoin non open sourced.... until it was complete.   Period.   We votedand demanded that to protect the project from poachers till it was completed.   We are still not completed... as you recall we are still in beta/RC release.

We all know this... your beating a dead horse.  we knew thw implications of this from the beginning... so let's get this out in the open once and for all and lets stop hashing this over and over again.... we dont care about the market... we care about the technology and making it work perfect first.   Ill bump this reply every few pages so we have people stop commentinton this laid to rest topic.

If any one here does not like the path taken by the community please be free to leave now.    
Don't worry many people have already left. In a few months, I am afraid there is a high probability that Dark Wallet will render Darkcoin obsolete. That's what I see.

This is a free choice of yours... you can either respect what was democratically voted on by our members or not. Further... you dont put the horse before the cart.  you don't develop markets for a coin that is NOT complete and out of Beta thats a irresponsible and wrong strategy mate thatbis meant to try to bring in investor and pump a coin before its a full release version.

But you comment  above further supports my previous comment... for all to see it proves your motive and non balanced commentary.   I would love to further entertain a constructive  dialogue with the pros and cons of both  proposed systems,  but alas I know the out come of that and will save everyone the bother.   Goodnight sir.   IGNORED!
You have no idea how Btc was developed.

BTC was not competing with coin cloners. Let's be honest with ourselves here. Why did you create Ozziecoin? Do you really think Australia needs it's own cryptocurrency? The state needs to control the money supply so it has another way to live beyond its means, but it's not necessary for the people of a country to have their own currency and I would even go as far as to say it's backwards. Could it be that you thought you could make a quick buck? Why stop at country coins? Maybe we could develop state/province coins as well? Actually, now that I think of it, I think what the world needs now is Oodnadatta coin, especially the people in Oodnadatta. Or maybe not.

Evan has always said that the project will become open source and I - and I'm sure many others - believe those are his true intentions as he has constantly delivered what he claims to be working on. Of course there have been some issues but that can be expected. Perhaps the reason you are so adamant about Darkcoin becoming open source right now is that you see another niche in the market for an anonymous coin with a nicer name and without some of the other issuesthat DRK has experienced. I'm sure you are not the only one thinking that, so the moment Darksend's source code is released there will be probably dozens of coins released claiming to be exactly the same thing - a more family friendly version of Darkcoin. The bottom line is that they will all be copycat developers, most with the sole objective of making some easy money.

I believe in open source software and in general use only open source software if it's plausible, but I'm willing to make an exception in this case because of the nature of the rapidly moving cryptocurrency market. One of the main reasons I am invested in Darkcoin, despite Darksend being closed source is my faith in Evan (and of course the rest of the team who have joined), having seen the way he works through problems in his posts. I'm sure when Darksend is ready and the moment is right it will be made open source. Maybe I will be disappointed, but if all the kinks are ironed out, to me, DRK has amazing potential, so getting in at this price point is a great opportunity.
Yes, I believe Australia needs its own crypto.

As I see it, Drk doesn't have that much time. In this short amount of time, Drk needs to develop markets and widespread adoption to create its own network effect.

Anyway, why do you care about Ozziecoin? It will never be Drkcoin nor does it want to be. It's totally different demographics. You're scared of something imaginary. I have no ability to compete with Drk. It's a joke right?

Look at Ltc. Did they care about the hundreds of other alts out there? No. You do a fair launch, open source the code and let the market decide if they want to use you. No one will use Ozziecoin for privacy if Drk developed it. I just personally like privacy, else would have just picked Ltc. If I picked Ltc, no one at Ltc would care about Ozc.

Anyway, at present I give Drk a small percentage that it will make the right decisions. If it doesn't, it will be rendered obsolete by DW or some other anon tech. We shall see what happens next.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:29:21 AM

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

You don't actually need an exchange as such....you just need an exchange mechanism that collects inputs of DRK or BTC and matches the two at an acceptable strike point.

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

Both Bob and Jane send their coins to a holding address, effectively an escrow, and when there are two equally matched transactions, they are executed.

Probably not that far removed from what Master Nodes do now with their 8 rounds.

This is actually a genius idea if implemented quickly and then open sourcing darksend. The coin might be saved due to quick adoption by wider community.
Agreed. But how do you do it in a way that doesn't put coins at risk by master nodes?
IDK. Perhaps, some other mechanism is required. It seems hard to achieve. Ask coins101, he is smarter than me.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:34:08 AM

Isn't darkwallet just waiting for Darkcoin to go open source so they can copy the code? Thats probably what everyone is going to do. Darkcoin was the first kid on the block with REAL anonymous tech so it will be the leader. I don't think keeping it closed source is hurting anything right now.
Amir has open sourced his code - you can copy paste from him! He is not afraid of people copying him. He wants people to copy him because he actually cares about privacy and anonymity and not about "poachers".

I don't think DarkSend would work for what DarkWallet is trying to do.  How would they get a network of masternodes going?  It's just not going to work.  It's too different.  But it has it's flaws as well, so people will get a choice here. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:37:36 AM

Isn't darkwallet just waiting for Darkcoin to go open source so they can copy the code? Thats probably what everyone is going to do. Darkcoin was the first kid on the block with REAL anonymous tech so it will be the leader. I don't think keeping it closed source is hurting anything right now.
Amir has open sourced his code - you can copy paste from him! He is not afraid of people copying him. He wants people to copy him because he actually cares about privacy and anonymity and not about "poachers".

I don't think DarkSend would work for what DarkWallet is trying to do.  How would they get a network of masternodes going?  It's just not going to work.  It's too different.  But it has it's flaws as well, so people will get a choice here. 
I think they are going to create DACs using some unknown mechanism to act as mixing nodes.  Or, mixing nodes won't be required because they have adapted coinjoin to P2P mode. Perhaps both.

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

DRK <> BTC Exchanges

Bob wants to sell 1 BTC

IDK. Perhaps, some other mechanism is required. It seems hard to achieve. Ask coins101, he is smarter than me.
The exchange process might be centralised but once it is done, the coin mixing in the Drkcoin wallet would scramble everything. The owner of the Drks can then go to any exchange and anonymously convert to Btc when he/she needs them.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:40:48 AM

This is a free choice of yours... you can either respect what was democratically voted on by our members or not. Further... you dont put the horse before the cart.  you don't develop markets for a coin that is NOT complete and out of Beta thats a irresponsible and wrong strategy mate that strategy is meant to try and bring in investors and pump a coin before its a full release version. imo.

But you comment  above further supports my previous comment... for all to see it proves your motive and non balanced commentary.   I would love to further entertain a constructive  dialogue with the pros and cons of both  proposed systems,  but alas I know the out come of that and will save everyone the bother.   Goodnight sir.   IGNORED!

As usual, extremely well said, Mr. Wine Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:45:35 AM

Here is a list that's been growing on Darkcointalk.org of ideas that we've been coming up with for Masternodes to do for us:

1. send encrypted messages with darksend payments
 2. make an escrow trade service that is decentralized (I see this as another type of wallet that might work off fees, where other coin developers would get involved)
 3. make some type of exchange between currencies that can be done decentralized from the wallet at an agreed exchange rate between agreeing parties.
 4. DACs (decentralised autonomous corporations or communities)
 5. CPU miners auto on in QT wallet with auto idle when computer is in use. Possibly run through p2pool as a choice.
 6. These cpu miners in the wallet could connect to p2pools by pinging for closest one, via advanced settings.
 7. Lightening up the block chain somehow?
 8. Give the wallet a notification thing that tells people if there is an updated wallet available or required. BUT LimLims points out this is subject to a single-point-of-failure attack vector
 9. A companion program that keeps track of all tax obligations referencing mined coins, bought coins, sold coins, etc... keeping track of current main exchange price at the time of creation, etc...
 10. monitor the number of alive master nodes over time, and if it drops dramatically, have a little amber warning light on the send page to communicate that darksend transactions may be less secure (possible DDOS).
 11. create a feature of load wallet (.dat file) rather than having to move it to the folder manually? (so you can have several wallets on your machine, easy load)
 12. Upgrade to quantum computer resistant algorithms https://darkcointalk.org/goto/post?id=7134#post-7134 read Alex' post to understand ;P
 13. Multi coin wallet (keep BTC and DRK accessible in one wallet)

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/list-of-future-development-ideas.89/

patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:47:44 AM

BTC was not competing with coin cloners. Let's be honest with ourselves here. Why did you create Ozziecoin? Do you really think Australia needs it's own cryptocurrency? The state needs to control the money supply so it has another way to live beyond its means, but it's not necessary for the people of a country to have their own currency and I would even go as far as to say it's backwards. Could it be that you thought you could make a quick buck? Why stop at country coins? Maybe we could develop state/province coins as well? Actually, now that I think of it, I think what the world needs now is Oodnadatta coin, especially the people in Oodnadatta. Or maybe not.

Evan has always said that the project will become open source and I - and I'm sure many others - believe those are his true intentions as he has constantly delivered what he claims to be working on. Of course there have been some issues but that can be expected. Perhaps the reason you are so adamant about Darkcoin becoming open source right now is that you see another niche in the market for an anonymous coin with a nicer name and without some of the other issuesthat DRK has experienced. I'm sure you are not the only one thinking that, so the moment Darksend's source code is released there will be probably dozens of coins released claiming to be exactly the same thing - a more family friendly version of Darkcoin. The bottom line is that they will all be copycat developers, most with the sole objective of making some easy money.

I believe in open source software and in general use only open source software if it's plausible, but I'm willing to make an exception in this case because of the nature of the rapidly moving cryptocurrency market. One of the main reasons I am invested in Darkcoin, despite Darksend being closed source is my faith in Evan (and of course the rest of the team who have joined), having seen the way he works through problems in his posts. I'm sure when Darksend is ready and the moment is right it will be made open source. Maybe I will be disappointed, but if all the kinks are ironed out, to me, DRK has amazing potential, so getting in at this price point is a great opportunity.

As I see it, Drk doesn't have that much time. In this short amount of time, Drk needs to develop market and widespread adoption to create its own network effect.

Anyway, why do you care about Ozziecoin? It will never be Drkcoin nor does it want to be. It's totally different demographics. You're scared of something imaginary. I have no ability to compete with Drk. It's a joke right?

Look at Ltc. Did they care about the hundreds of other alts out there? No. You do a fair launch, open source the code and let the market decide if they want to use you. No one will use Ozziecoin for privacy if Drk developed it. I just personally like privacy, else would have just picked Ltc. If I picked Ltc, no one would care at Ltc would care about Ozc.

Anyway, at present I give Drk a small percentage that it will make the right decisions. If it doesn't, it will be rendered obsolete by DW or some other anon tech. We shall see what happens next.

I'm not scared of Ozziecoin at all. What I'm suggesting is that perhaps you (and many others) would clone DRK and create a new coin. We all know how keen some are to jump ship on to "the next big thing" in the crypto world. Many are happy to ride the whales' pump and dumps and who can blame them, I mean as long as your not the last one holding the bag, right? But as you say, marketing is important, look at Doge's sucess in the past. What a joke! However, if it actually provided some additional functionality to existing options, and much fewer coins - or mass adoption - it may have retained its place near the top of the heap. The market is fickle and it's not very difficult to imagine a situation where some marketing guru clones Darkcoin and sells it to the masses - much like what happened with Dogecoin - and in doing so becomes the number one anonymous cryptocurrency, leaving Darkcoin in its wake. All without doing any of the real work which has brought Darkcoin and Darksend to where they are today.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:54:00 AM

As I see it, Drk doesn't have that much time. In this short amount of time, Drk needs to develop market and widespread adoption to create its own network effect.

Look at Ltc. Did they care about the hundreds of other alts out there? No. You do a fair launch, open source the code and let the market decide if they want to use you. No one will use Ozziecoin for privacy if Drk developed it. I just personally like privacy, else would have just picked Ltc. If I picked Ltc, no one would care at Ltc would care about Ozc.

I'm not scared of Ozziecoin at all. What I'm suggesting is that perhaps you (and many others) would clone DRK create a new coin. We all know how keen some are to jump ship on to "the next big thing" in the crypto world. Many are happy to ride the whales' pump and dumps and who can blame them, I mean as long as your not the last one holding the bag, right? But as you say, marketing is important, look at Doge's sucess in the past. What a joke! However, if it actually provided some additional functionality than existing options, and much fewer coins - or mass adoption - it may have retained its place near the top of the heap. The market is fickle and it's not very difficult to imagine a situation where some marketing guru clones Darkcoin and sells it to the masses - much like what happened with Dogecoin - and in doing so becomes the number one anonymous cryptocurrency, leaving Darkcoin in its wake. All without doing any of the real work which has brought Darkcoin and Darksend to where they are today.
Well, you're going to have to take that risk sooner or later. By keeping it under wraps, you've scared away guys like AA and a good chunk of the Btc community. How can some second coin be better than Drk, if the Drk devs developed it?  That's crazy talk. If you're fearful of that then this coin is already dead. Like I said, anon tech is coming in other forms. Drk's ability to survive is based on how fast it builds lasting networks. First to market is a major advantage. Don't squander it.

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:54:31 AM

In the corporate world, I haven't come across a large scale technology implementation that didn't take at least between 3-5 years.  From inception to business as usual...  This is also with dedicated resources and mostly generous budgets...

Some of these coins, making big plans, drawing complicated diagrams, promising to change the world in 3-6 months, it's like reading a comic book...

Dark is only 6 months old isn't it?  It's an impressive achievement we've got a live working solution in such a short space of time.

Any project I've worked on, I'm still doing specifications after 6 months, talking out of my arse, drawing up process maps, thinking to myself "how the fuck are we going to actually implement any of this?"

I hope Evan isn't reading any of this and he's on a holiday somewhere, recharging his batteries, thinking about the next phase...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:55:43 AM

Troll or not, Ozzie made a comment about bitcoin coming up with their "own" anonymization solution. I for one have concluded that a trustless decentralized bitcoin anonymizer will require fork of bitcoin, which puts this far from the realm of possibility. Other Btc mixing products are closed source and centralized. Dark wallet is also centralized and runs via browser extension. And I don't think that darkcoin code can help them: they don't have an asset like DRK that is required to setup a masternode. With no barrier to entry anyone could setup thousands of darkwallet masternodes to collude.

My only concern is, could dark wallet copy darkcoin code and use bitcoin as a prerequisite to setup masternodes? I suppose if dark wallet operated as a sidechain to bitcoin, but like coins101 says that is years away, and as peter Todd says, side chains are fallible.

So no I am not worried about a bitcoin based competitor to darkcointalk right now. If anyone sees otherwise I would like to know!

Open source or close source? I assume Evan has much better insight on the topic and has a solid plan in place for the good of darkcoin. Now only if he would care to share even a snippet of this plan with us he could put all concerns to rest.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:57:56 AM

Here is a list that's been growing on Darkcointalk.org of ideas that we've been coming up with for Masternodes to do for us:

2. make an escrow trade service that is decentralized (I see this as another type of wallet that might work off fees, where other coin developers would get involved)
 3. make some type of exchange between currencies that can be done decentralized from the wallet at an agreed exchange rate between agreeing parties.
 5. CPU miners auto on in QT wallet with auto idle when computer is in use. Possibly run through p2pool as a choice.
 6. These cpu miners in the wallet could connect to p2pools by pinging for closest one, via advanced settings.
 8. Give the wallet a notification thing that tells people if there is an updated wallet available or required. BUT LimLims points out this is subject to a single-point-of-failure attack vector
 9. A companion program that keeps track of all tax obligations referencing mined coins, bought coins, sold coins, etc... keeping track of current main exchange price at the time of creation, etc...
 10. monitor the number of alive master nodes over time, and if it drops dramatically, have a little amber warning light on the send page to communicate that darksend transactions may be less secure (possible DDOS).
 11. create a feature of load wallet (.dat file) rather than having to move it to the folder manually? (so you can have several wallets on your machine, easy load)
 12. Upgrade to quantum computer resistant algorithms https://darkcointalk.org/goto/post?id=7134#post-7134 read Alex' post to understand ;P

Thank You!

I was looking through the RC5 issues list in Jira trying to get a feel for what's around the corner, this is most helpful however...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:00:31 AM

I'm not scared of Ozziecoin at all. What I'm suggesting is that perhaps you (and many others) would clone DRK create a new coin. We all know how keen some are to jump ship on to "the next big thing" in the crypto world. Many are happy to ride the whales' pump and dumps and who can blame them, I mean as long as your not the last one holding the bag, right? But as you say, marketing is important, look at Doge's sucess in the past. What a joke! However, if it actually provided some additional functionality than existing options, and much fewer coins - or mass adoption - it may have retained its place near the top of the heap. The market is fickle and it's not very difficult to imagine a situation where some marketing guru clones Darkcoin and sells it to the masses - much like what happened with Dogecoin - and in doing so becomes the number one anonymous cryptocurrency, leaving Darkcoin in its wake. All without doing any of the real work which has brought Darkcoin and Darksend to where they are today.
Well, you're going to have to take that risk sooner or later. By keeping it under wraps, you've scared away guys like AA and a good chunk of the Btc community. How can some second coin be better than Drk, if the Drk devs developed it?  That's crazy talk. If you're fearful of that then this coin is already dead. Like I said, anon tech is coming in other forms. Drk's ability to survive is based on how fast it builds lasting networks. First to market is a major advantage. Don't squander it.

To a certain extent I agree, but I think the Darkcoin team should know better than anyone when to release the source code. I have to question your motives if you are posting so often about making DarkSend open source.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:03:17 AM

Troll or not, Ozzie made a comment about bitcoin coming up with their "own" anonymization solution. I for one have concluded that a trustless decentralized bitcoin anonymizer will require fork of bitcoin, which puts this far from the realm of possibility. Other Btc mixing products are closed source and centralized. Dark wallet is also centralized and runs via browser extension. And I don't think that darkcoin code can help them: they don't have an asset like DRK that is required to setup a masternode. With no barrier to entry anyone could setup thousands of darkwallet masternodes to collude.

My only concern is, could dark wallet copy darkcoin code and use bitcoin as a prerequisite to setup masternodes? I suppose if dark wallet operated as a sidechain to bitcoin, but like coins101 says that is years away, and as peter Todd says, side chains are fallible.

So no I am not worried about a bitcoin based competitor to darkcointalk right now. If anyone sees otherwise I would like to know!

Open source or close source? I assume Evan has much better insight on the topic and has a solid plan in place for the good of darkcoin. Now only if he would care to share even a snippet of this plan with us he could put all concerns to rest.
Heads up: coinjoin is going p2p. Also, I don't know what DW are doing exactly but it will be trustless and decentralised. It would be wise to consider these threats real. Anyway, I have said enough. I've tried to emphasise how important that Drk builds lasting networks. I don't really care anymore except I wish I could invest more in Drk, setup loads of MNs and not worry about retirement. As it is, I can't see that happening for me, which I'm real sad about.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:06:03 AM

I support centralised Dead DarkWallet

Seriously mate, I cant understand your thoughts around Open Source, this was flogged to death before. Copy cat coins aside, Evan NEEDS to ensure that Darksend+ is 100% secure and all exploits are patched before its opened source. We only just got to RC4 ffs and you are screaming like a kid. What if Evan open sourced the code and there was an exploit that killed the coin? If he had kept it closed source it would have been found in the audits and patched before opensource.

Secondly if you love to support DarkWallet and believe its somehow the future then by all means leave this community and dont come back. This thread is clogged up with enough bullshit & trolls and we dont need pages and pages of your "opinions" just because you somehow think they are the only way. I would bet & trust that Evan has alot more knowledge and experience behind him to make the right decisions.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:06:43 AM

Well, you're going to have to take that risk sooner or later. By keeping it under wraps, you've scared away guys like AA and a good chunk of the Btc community. How can some second coin be better than Drk, if the Drk devs developed it?  That's crazy talk. If you're fearful of that then this coin is already dead. Like I said, anon tech is coming in other forms. Drk's ability to survive is based on how fast it builds lasting networks. First to market is a major advantage. Don't squander it.

To a certain extent I agree, but I think the Darkcoin team should know better than anyone when to release the source code. I have to question your motives if you are posting so often about making DarkSend open source.
I saw the market dump about 24 hours before it happened. There was no new money coming in after RC4. It saddened me to destroy my MNs and to offload. The MNs were part of my investment strategy. I can't reinvest while this code is closed and not knowing when it will be open, and then waiting to see whether markets will actually form around Drk in time (before DW comes out). The risk for me is too great. You seeing Ozc as a threat is so funny. I'm flattered but really, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:07:25 AM

He said he will run everything through Evan and let Evan decide how to disseminate the information (see reddit). I hope some are not construing Evans silence as a sign that he is busy responding to kristovs review before releasing it... Hopefully there is not a lot of work generated by it!

Come on Evan, speak up. Just a peep. A good morning, howdy do.

Yes, everything goes through Evan first.  Evan hasn't been on IRC today as far as I can tell, so I think he is away doing something personal (hey, he's allowed to go to the bathroom sometimes you know, basic needs need filling ;P )  or his head is to the grindstone.  It's one or the other. 

So, I know everyone is frustrated with the price, and Evan did peek in earlier with his comment about RC5 starting up soon to cheer us up.  But please don't panic if you don't hear from him every day.  This is a distraction, and it's hard to refocus on your work after being distracted.  So please be understanding.

KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:07:34 AM

Thank You!

I was looking through the RC5 issues list in Jira trying to get a feel for what's around the corner, this is most helpful however...

This looks more like a brainstorming list not a roadmap. Imo, we need a roadmap. Markets are incessantly forward looking. Right now there is nothing in the future of darkcoin except conjecture and hearsay to hang your hat on. Don't get me wrong I fully trust Evan and team gonna have some amazing stuff coming out but many possible buyers not going to buy on trust. They need a plan.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:09:48 AM

Seriously mate, I cant understand your thoughts around Open Source, this was flogged to death before. Copy cat coins aside, Evan NEEDS to ensure that Darksend+ is 100% secure and all exploits are patched before its opened source. We only just got to RC4 ffs and you are screaming like a kid. What if Evan open sourced the code and there was an exploit that killed the coin? If he had kept it closed source it would have been found in the audits and patched before opensource.

Secondly if you love to support DarkWallet and believe its somehow the future then by all means leave this community and dont come back. This thread is clogged up with enough bullshit & trolls and we dont need pages and pages of your "opinions" just because you somehow think they are the only way. I would bet & trust that Evan has alot more knowledge and experience behind him to make the right decisions.

Seriously, the market has turned against you. Wake up. If RC4 had picked up the market, I would not be saying anything. I'm not doing this for fun. I had a lot of MNs. There is no fresh money coming into Drk since even before RC4.

Pages: « 1 ... 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 [2742] 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: