Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 [3967] 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722627 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:53:22 PM

I've updated my Masternodes to the latest version 0.11.1.19, they're all 'Hot Cold' wallets. The current block is showing as being stuck on 204573 on the VPS but is all up to date on Windows wallet side. I've tried restarting the VPS but it is still sticking. Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution? Thanks

delete peers.dat on yr VPS
run darkcoind on yr VPS with commandline option -reindex

afterwards check with getinfo if its synced correctly

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:53:40 PM

I've updated my Masternodes to the latest version 0.11.1.19, they're all 'Hot Cold' wallets. The current block is showing as being stuck on 204573 on the VPS but is all up to date on Windows wallet side. I've tried restarting the VPS but it is still sticking. Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution? Thanks

Have you tried --reindex ?  On both?  Also delete peers.dat in the .darkcoin folder

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Darkcoin, through InstantX, allows brick and mortar shops around the world to take crypto on their own without having to get service from some foreign company that will come with a bunch of KYC requirements, and do it in a way where you can serve customers just as fast, if not faster, than with credit cards.

Absolutely - great post.

Not only that, there are millions of websites that would like to take payment for all kinds of stuff, but the barrier to adoption for credit cards is so high that they don't bother.

Look at it this way:

Q. When eMail was invented, did it kill off the post office or the amount of 'snail mail' traffic ?

A. No. What it did instead was give birth to a massive new communications medium that didn't exist before

So it is with electronic payments I think. Cryptocurrency - and especially now that one exists which can consistently confirm in under 30 seconds - will open the floodgates for a whole new economy consisting of vendors and customers who didn't have access to credit card payment gateways hitherto.

In short, Darkcoin's confirmation time is not only fast enough for bricks and mortar souvenir shops and restaurants, but also for web based sales.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:01:57 PM

Another way in which InstantX is a game changer

InstantX is a game changer in many ways, but I think one of the most important aspects is it allows Darkcoin to stand on its own from a Point of Sale perspective.  For example, one of our Darkcoin Ambassadors is located in a nice tourist spot in Brasil and we are right now discussing strategy about his region.  We believe there is a nice opportunity for small tourist shops in beach towns around Brasil where a lot of customers are American or  European.  

Instant X opens up this type of market to us, the idea of tourists shops in small towns taking crypto is obviously not novel. Tourists can take coins on their phones or laptops without having to deal with customs issues or exchanging money when they reach their destination.  But cryptocurrency wasn't practical for small brick and mortar shops, until InstantX came about because it is a lot to ask for small souvenir shops around the world to establish relationships with payment processors like Bitpay, to be able to quickly serve customers.

No one wants to pay for something on a souvenir shop and wait 10 minutes before you can leave, also if you are a small tourist shop in Brazil you don't want to be obliged to have a relationship with some payment processing company in the United States or let people leave your shop without a confirmed payment is just not a good feeling and is a form of centralization.

Darkcoin, through InstantX, allows brick and mortar shops around the world to take crypto on their own without having to get service from some foreign company that will come with a bunch of KYC requirements, and do it in a way where you can serve customers just as fast, if not faster, than with credit cards.

No relationship with a bank or any other company necessary and no fees, if anything they just need to learn how to exchange their crypto for fiat in exchanges or just start spending crypto directly. This is way more scalable from a global perspective than expecting companies to confirm payments on behalf of people it is included directly in the protocol no need for workarounds and third parties.

I am excited to see what we can do with this in the Darkcoin Ambassador Group we are already 30 volunteers looking to promote Darkcoin on our cities if you want to help, just reach out.

You just convinced me to port IX to the android wallet   Smiley

Yeah I was kinda counting on that bro  Wink.  That and 2FA protection for the brick and mortar merchant address, I don't want them to be worried about loosing their coins, as that is another big barrier of entry for people.  See that is the big difference with Darkcoin we think from the user's point of view.  I am so excited, we are going to really change the world.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:04:12 PM

trolling

How sweet, we have a new pet troll.  Fetch boy FETCH!!!
LOL!!! it is interesting to note that it is that one thing, all be it completely wrong, they have now to try an pick on...if they weren't so incompetent they would realize that in the beginning the difficulty was very low due to the hash power....and OBVIOUSLY there would be far more coins minted in the beginning then now. DUH!!!! Even with that fact...its is so irrelevant now since at time there was less the 1mil coins!   but like you said Tante....fetch boy fetch...to try and find something to pick apart!

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_premined.3F

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Did_Darkcoin_have_a_fair_launch.3F

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_Instamined.3F

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#I_read_somone_who_wrote_that_50.25_of_the_coins_in_circulation_are_owned_by_the_devs

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Will_the_initial_distribution_affect_Darkcoin_in_the_future.3F

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778616.0

Thanks for the links Donschoe.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:09:18 PM

InstantX is a game changer in many ways, but I think one of the most important aspects is it allows Darkcoin to stand on its own from a Point of Sale perspective.  For example, one of our Darkcoin Ambassadors is located in a nice tourist spot in Brasil and we are right now discussing strategy about his region.  We believe there is a nice opportunity for small tourist shops in beach towns around Brasil where a lot of customers are American or  European.  

Instant X opens up this type of market to us, the idea of tourists shops in small towns taking crypto is obviously not novel. Tourists can take coins on their phones or laptops without having to deal with customs issues or exchanging money when they reach their destination.  But cryptocurrency wasn't practical for small brick and mortar shops, until InstantX came about because it is a lot to ask for small souvenir shops around the world to establish relationships with payment processors like Bitpay, to be able to quickly serve customers.

No one wants to pay for something on a souvenir shop and wait 10 minutes before you can leave, also if you are a small tourist shop in Brazil you don't want to be obliged to have a relationship with some payment processing company in the United States or let people leave your shop without a confirmed payment is just not a good feeling and is a form of centralization.

No relationship with a bank or any other company necessary and no fees, if anything they just need to learn how to exchange their crypto for fiat in exchanges or just start spending crypto directly. This is way more scalable from a global perspective than expecting companies to confirm payments on behalf of people, it is included directly in the protocol no need for workarounds and third parties.

I am excited to see what we can do with this in the Darkcoin Ambassador Group we are already 30 volunteers looking to promote Darkcoin on our cities if you want to help, just reach out.

I know that there was discussion earlier (a week or so back) of how POS services won't care about how fast a coin can confirm as Bitcoin is already way faster than bank clearing houses.  However, I seriously think they're missing the point.  When currency is truly decentralized, we won't need, nor do we want POS services or any of the current banking infrastructures.  Well, at least in my dreams, we won't have them.

Of course, if a company is formed that really creates new innovative financial services such as loans comes around, I'm all for that.  Why?  Borrowing is still a big way for entrepreneurs to get a start.  Either that way, or selling shares in a startup.  However, if you want your own little business, and don't want to answer to share holders, a loan is best.  But paying for companies to guarantee the transfer of your money is not necessary in our new financial world.

So um... yah, I totally agree with you, minotaur!

And finally my second masternode has updated and is running!  Whew!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Elzo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:23:57 PM

Hi guys,

What is the new development that lead to the current rise of price?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:25:46 PM

Hi guys,

What is the new development that lead to the current rise of price?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-release.3923/

+ support from a bullish whale thats giving us supporting floor levels at 0.009 BTC :

http://dc-charts.com/depth_drk.php?ex=9&cu=0&sw=2&tz=5&ar=0&dl=2&js=1&sc=0&ba=2&re=1
http://dc-charts.com/depth_drk.php?ex=2&cu=0&sw=2&tz=5&ar=0&dl=2&js=1&sc=0&ba=2&re=0
(0.009 at cryptsy fell out of orderbook reach)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:27:12 PM

I know that there was discussion earlier (a week or so back) of how POS services won't care about how fast a coin can confirm as Bitcoin is already way faster than bank clearing houses.  However, I seriously think they're missing the point.  When currency is truly decentralized, we won't need, nor do we want POS services or any of the current banking infrastructures.  Well, at least in my dreams, we won't have them.

Anyone who says that is either being disingenuous or simply misses the point. Once a merchant transmits card information to their payment processor, a hold is placed on that customer's credit card and the merchant is *guaranteed* to receive their money, no matter what.

When BTC or any non-DRK crypto is sent, merchants have to wait for a sufficient number of confirmations before they can be confident the transaction is (and will remain) valid.

When you accept BTC from Joe Blow and deliver the goods with zero confirmations, you are assuming a great deal of counterparty risk. With credit cards, your counterparty risk is essentially nil, given that you are dealing with some of the biggest companies in the world.

The trade-off is centralization and fees. DRK's IX system solves both those problems. It's instant, just like credit cards, but with extremely low fees, proven anonymity, and no centralization or counterparty risk.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:29:04 PM

Impressive !  Grin
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:30:38 PM

Imagine .. my Birthday is today... and evan and team sent me best birthday present in world.... INSTANTX Cheesy

0.02 are we there yet?

REALLY ?
It's my B-day also - WOOT !!!

iX

Well than, @Rux @Mangled Blue - happy birthday(s). You've chosen a good day for it Smiley
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:41:06 PM

3.5 seconds confirmation!!!

Stop the press!

Seriously who is writing this up to send to newspapers etc. I would wait until all works flawlessly but Evan and team just rewrote the book on crypto currency. The new name of Bitcoin is Darkcoin!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:42:17 PM

It's all happening folks.

Meanwhile - in mothership developments:

fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:43:26 PM

In preparation for the delivery of my Pi 2 as Masternode, can I swipe the balance of my Masternode address and leave 1000+ there? Will it continue to work or will it confused the running mn?

Thx

Fuzzy

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:44:12 PM

No relationship with a bank or any other company necessary and no fees, if anything they just need to learn how to exchange their crypto for fiat in exchanges or just start spending crypto directly. This is way more scalable from a global perspective than expecting companies to confirm payments on behalf of people it is included directly in the protocol no need for workarounds and third parties.

You just convinced me to port IX to the android wallet   Smiley

An official android wallet is key to adoption.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:45:34 PM

http://dcmagnates.com/in-sea-of-red-darkcoin-again-trades-higher-doubles-market-cap-in-3-weeks/

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:47:36 PM

Imagine .. my Birthday is today... and evan and team sent me best birthday present in world.... INSTANTX Cheesy

0.02 are we there yet?

REALLY ?
It's my B-day also - WOOT !!!

iX

Well than, @Rux @Mangled Blue - happy birthday(s). You've chosen a good day for it Smiley

Well then you kind sir

@MangledBlue... age of aquarius Wink

i didnt throw party because i wanted to stay and update my masternode, and have fun with you guys and test InstantX Smiley))

wife told me that im wierd... im i ?

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
ANAEDV

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:47:54 PM

Brilliant, thanks for your help, that worked. Believe it or not that is the first time I've had to re-index on the VPS. Is it good practice to re-index after every update?

Congratulations to Evan, the rest of the team and the entire community for making Darkcoin what it is today. I'm literally blown away by the potential this technology built into Darkcoin now has to change the world. I'm a long time follower and investor, and I'm excited to see 2FA and I'm sure many more additions. I'm going to become a Darkcoin Foundation member whilst it's still relatively cheap.
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:49:37 PM

Anyone who says that is either being disingenuous or simply misses the point. Once a merchant transmits card information to their payment processor, a hold is placed on that customer's credit card and the merchant is *guaranteed* to receive their money, no matter what.

When BTC or any non-DRK crypto is sent, merchants have to wait for a sufficient number of confirmations before they can be confident the transaction is (and will remain) valid.

When you accept BTC from Joe Blow and deliver the goods with zero confirmations, you are assuming a great deal of counterparty risk. With credit cards, your counterparty risk is essentially nil, given that you are dealing with some of the biggest companies in the world.

The trade-off is centralization and fees. DRK's IX system solves both those problems. It's instant, just like credit cards, but with extremely low fees, proven anonymity, and no centralization or counterparty risk.

Chargebacks.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:51:22 PM

someone is dumping? Wink

someone will cry in 1 month?

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Pages: « 1 ... 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 [3967] 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 4016 4017 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: