Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 [4334] 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722549 times)
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:11:12 PM

looks like the all-out-attack trolling is giving way to concern trolling.

tossers.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:12:03 PM

MyFarm, face it, you sold completely out and you're butthurt that the price didn't go as low as you wanted to rebuy. No one with any sort of skin in the game would openly try to derail their own investment.

I didn't completely sell, that's not the way I operate.  I still own some.  Maybe I'm completely incorrect about all of this.  But I feel the danger is real enough that I needed to reduce my position substantially.  As mentioned, I won't buy back into Darkcoin until someone with business acumen is running things.  This isn't FUD trying to rebuy lower.

Good, we could use less of you around here. Smiley

Maybe so.  But what I guarantee you 100% is that you need someone with serious business acumen heading up Darkcoin.  There's too much at stake.  Evan is an amazing developer but his business management and communication skills are very subpar.  You're going to continue to run into serious problems and any serious investor will see that.  You already lost your second most important developer and now have potentially opened yourselves up to serious legal liability.

Not good.

There is still plenty of time in the future for other important roles to be played Dash. Further, to say we lost the second most important developer is a great disservice to UdjinM6, Mr. Hardy, and Mr. Reynders, among countless other contributors.

Second most important developer not just because of their coding ability, but they were one of the few voices of reason and diplomacy.
MyFarm... I've been patient with your dribble. I see nothing wrong in any of items your FUD'ing about here and it's clear that FUD'ing must be your goal.
Who am I and experience do I have?

I managed,  owned and started nearly dozen high net worth companies.   These Companies range from IT,  Dental,  Medical,  Software and Telecommunications.  My biggest start up that owned was in partnership with ATT, former MCI and Load Communications. I personally raised over $150 million of VC and private investors in and very complex and truly global (143 countries)Telecom billing solution that covered many legal jurisdictions with very complicated legal demands due to the nature of our products. There were many issues dealing with complex currency and banking needs across the world.  

I currently own several companies in both real estate development and hospitality, with my pet project and personal retirement and passion being our winery and restaurant.

I've dealt with many trademark,  liability and corporate law issues across multiple jurisdictions.   I guess you could say I'm qualified to make my own informed decisions on what Evan has done... And I can say I can sleep very comfortably at night.   Your concerns are a none issue.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:12:28 PM

...But what I guarantee you 100% is that...

how are you going to guarantee an opinion by 100%?  and you sold most of your dark so how does that look right now at this juncture when you talk about 'business acumen' lol???

My opinion is based upon years of experience.  The business world is littered with the charred carcases of companies with excellent technology buy no business acumen.  Darkcoin should have brought in someone with substantial business experience many months ago to head things up and improve every important process.  

As I said, I still very much believe in Darkcoin technology and Evan as a developer.  But the risk at this juncture is far too high for me to invest any substantial capital.  Only a business executive I can trust will turn things around would change that.  It's time for Darkcoin to grow up.  If the correct moves aren't made, it never will.

i think we have completely opposite opinions - To me the rebrand is dark growing up and getting their business hat on... each to their own Smiley

I agree that rebranding is/was important and I anticipated it happening at some point.  It's how it has been handled that showcases a 5 year old is trying to drive a bulldozer through downtown.  Experienced drivers are needed.

my metrics for success of rebrand would be how quickly it's done and how any short term 'shock factor' damage is minimized - price, team and masternode count are almost the same and it is being done quick, so pass with flying colors in my book Smiley

If you have a protracted legal battle and you end up losing, how did that rebranding go?  If the developer isn't able to concentrate on coding because they are thinking about the legal issues, how did that rebranding go?  If you have to spend a boatload of money on that legal battle, how did that rebranding go?

I don't know what you mean, there is no legal battle, and I already said I think the rebranding went really well for the reasons I gave
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:13:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 03:37:58 PM by toknormal

Contrary to what MyFarm's been posting, I actually think ED's business management and communication skills are pretty damn good considering the landscape of this industry.

The merits of the rebranding decision will be debated add infinitum, but if there's one thing a business manager cannot be criticised for it's listening to your customers. How many instances of darkcoin footsoldiers reporting back that they can't get the coin listed on accepted here there and everywhere do people need to recognise that ?

I could see ED being criticised for being pigheaded enough not to take heed of such reports but not for doing so.

Then there's this business of Vertoe. Well w.t.f. was Evan supposed to do ? He had to make a decision. Vertoe had painted Evan right into a corner by stamping his foot so publicly and firmly on the brand issue (for no good business reason I might add). It was Vertoe who forced the confrontation by turning that into a showstopping point, not Evan.

Then there's his "communications" skills. Well as far as I can see there's no developer around that conducts themselves with remotely the degree of decorum and dignity that ED does. His formal announcements are clear, concise and unambigious. He stays well away from forum flamewars and limits himself to remarking on significant technical issues.

On top of that he's made some very balanced intuitive calls over technical issues and general direction. I accept he's possibly difficult on certain areas  - who isn't. Maybe Vertoe was right that more testing could have been done before certain releases etc so I acknowledge that team members may have had legitimate gripes.

All the same, for me, when it's a market like this you buy into someone's intuition and just hope to hell the people around them can provide enough support, stability and rationality to get the maximum out of it and keep the show on the road. Vertoe was an unfortunate casualty of that process but as far as I can see it was more to do with a simple divergence of philosophy than incompetence in Evan's communication.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:13:40 PM

looks like the all-out-attack trolling is giving way to concern trolling.

tossers.

wow - 'concern trolling' - good way to put it i get it now Smiley
shaan.is.one

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

DRK once again top levels as well as...
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

For example, was Darkcoin involved in the Spreadcoin dev's disappearance?  Did Mr. Spread have a nice payday from Darkcoin mere days before a competing (and arguably superior) masternode system was set to go live on mainnet?
I think you were involved in whole spread "drama". The whole spr masternode and copying drk code was in order to make a demand and then sell everything what you stashed in silence before shitcoin advertisement begun  Then magically sprdev disappeared.
I believe you and sprdev made a nice profit from it. Was it your college?  Wink

Stop this BS man

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:20:23 PM

Shame on everyone sell because the name,lol

Its not because you are not happy or you don't love it it won't go higher,there much more people love this than other. Cheesy

Price is still steady on uptrend,like everytime Smiley

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:21:43 PM

She. 
I was very confused by this he/she talks too, that's ok, but then https://darkcointalk.org/threads/your-first-computer.3213/page-3#post-33607  Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:22:36 PM

Darkcoin is changing its name/branding to DASH – Digital Cash.
The new name will start being used officially and in external services from March 25th onwards.

Darkcoin’s vision has always been to create a trustless, decentralised, private and fast payment platform for the benefit of the majority. We are happy with the progress we are making towards reaching this goal. We’ve been able to release instant transaction confirmations, refine our privacy technology and develop our Masternode network into a strong and truly decentralised platform. We’re building a complete solution and working hard to make crypto more suitable for real world adoption. This is why we believe our new brand DASH will better represent all aspects of our platform and make it more accessible to end users.

We are only changing the name, no technology is affected by this. The coin, the blockchain and the people will be the same. Users don’t need to act on this, the next update of the wallet will have the new brand and it will be a standard update.

A new logo design has been commissioned and it will be made available after the Darkcoin Foundation members vote in around a week’s time. Exchanges, payment processors and other services have been notified so they can prepare in advance.

Our ideals remain intact and we will continue to pursue them under any branding we have, now and in the future.

https://www.darkcoin.io/news/rebranding-to-dash/

i keep bumping this
watch out
 Wink
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:23:25 PM

I've said my piece.  I can be ignored which is fine.  But hopefully someone with a voice within Darkcoin will take a step back and see if I am correct that it is time to bring someone into Darkcoin that has the business experience to steer Darkcoin through treacherous waters.

Good luck to all.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:28:38 PM

I've said my piece.  I can be ignored which is fine.

I'm not ignoring you  Wink (even though I may have drawn slightly different conclusions from recent events)

You've made some very important points and engendered a necessary debate about all this stuff.

BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:32:08 PM

I'm not ignoring you  Wink (even though I may have drawn slightly different conclusions from recent events)

You've made some very important points and engendered a necessary debate about all this stuff.

"Points" as he's begging people to sell him all their dash. Ulterior motives abound.
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:37:01 PM

Wasn't the Strong side of DRK that it had Anon ?
Whats the real idea about the new Dash being more civilized?
Now Ethereum starting with IBAN connection , in what way can Dash add new stuff?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:38:44 PM

Now Ethereum starting with IBAN connection , in what way can Dash add new stuff?

The anon feature has not been abandoned at all.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:41:44 PM

Dash is like Bitcoin but instant and private.  Ethereum is...uh..uh..
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:42:10 PM

"Points" as he's begging people to sell him all their dash. Ulterior motives abound.

Considering the venture capital firms backing Karmic Labs (the company Darkcoin is likely fighting the Dash trademark for): https://karmiclabs.com/about.html -- me owning a boatload of Dashcoin is just good business sense at this point.

I can see the attorneys on all sides picking out new vacation homes already.
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:43:16 PM

DASH is much more than anonymity. We're strengthening the existing privacy with masternode blinding and IP obfuscation, in addition to having introduce InstantTx last go around.

The next big issue is scalability and the developers are currently researching ways to handle (B)illions of transactions a day.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:44:34 PM

We are just Growing my friend,this is the final evolution  Cheesy

Sit back and watch,probably the most lucrative move in your life  Wink
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:45:42 PM

Contrary to what MyFarm's been posting, I actually think ED's business management and communication skills are pretty damn good considering the landscape of this industry.

The merits of the rebranding decision will be debated add infinitum, but if there's one thing a business manager cannot be criticised for it's listening to your customers. How many instances of darkcoin footsoldiers reporting back that they can't get the coin listed on accepted here there and everywhere do people need to recognise that ?

I could see ED being criticised for being pigheaded enough not to take head of such reports but not for doing so.

Then there's this business of Vertoe. Well w.t.f. was Evan supposed to do ? He had to make a decision. Vertoe had painted Evan right into a corner by stamping his foot so publicly and firmly on the brand issue (for no good business reason I might add). It was Vertoe who forced the confrontation by turning that into a showstopping point, not Evan.

Then there's his "communications" skills. Well as far as I can see there's no developer around that conducts themselves with remotely the degree of decorum and dignity that ED does. His formal announcements are clear, concise and unambigious. He stays well away from forum flamewars and limits himself to remarking on significant technical issues.

On top of that he's made some very balanced intuitive calls over technical issues and general direction. I accept he's possibly difficult on certain areas  - who isn't. Maybe Vertoe was right that more testing could have been done before certain releases etc so I acknowledge that team members may have had legitimate gripes.

All the same, for me, when it's a market like this you buy into someone's intuition and just hope to hell the people around them can provide enough support, stability and rationality to get the maximum out of it and keep the show on the road. Vertoe was an unfortunate casualty of that process but as far as I can see it was more to do with a simple divergence of philosophy than incompetence in Evan's communication.

+ 100

...and I would just add.

If you had to undertake some sort of formal benchmarking process that took into account capabilities across multiple domains of programming skill, industry awareness/knowledge, management skill, communications skill and overall business acumen, Evan is clearly going to come out way ahead of most devs in crypto. Now that's not to say this is a winning factor (i.e. given the pretty ordinary level of dev competence in this field one may need to be light years ahead to be really demonstrating advanced capabilities that stack up in other realms of finance/IT) but it certainly puts him into a good position.

I've read all your posts MyFarm and I can appreciate where you're coming from but I think you're taking a line of thinking that is classic big business / corporate boardroom style of modus operandi where corporate group-think rules and left-field innovation, brilliance and nimble responsiveness is basically trampled on. Some of what you're saying (about needing to get a high level "professional" in and ensure they're well paid) is the sort of line VCs or bankers would push when they're shelling out seed capital. It's what an IBM would do to a small start up upon acquiring them and, in the process, the brilliant minds, advanced thinkers and the innovation would all exit stage right because they can't possibly exist amongst "the suits".

Evan has brought us to where we are. Is it perfect? Is it 100% how it should be? Has the risk been minimised as much as possible? The answer to those questions (of course) is a resounding NO! It's an out-on-the-bleeding-edge project. It's full of issues, complexities and difficulties. There's a never ending need to balance Evan's creativity and just-do-it attitude with more measured processes (like more rigorous release management for instance). But he's brought us this far with the most astounding level of commitment and action. His work output is clearly stunning and his penchant for thinking ten steps ahead about how major issues in crypto can be resolved is impressive beyond anything I've seen in this realm. I for one feel like I'm very fortunate to be involved with such an amazing guy who's doing so much good in this space. The very last thing I'd want to see is all sorts of formal structure and process built up around Evan. Of course, it's inevitable that we'll need more of it at some point (can't operate in the 'financial services' world without it) but at this early stage, I believe Evan has his finger on the pulse and knows what he's doing. And there are enough people in here (like what bigrcanada was just pointing out about his background) who have enough extensive experience that they can perceive what's going on from the same angle.

None of what I'm saying though is to say we won't have legal stoushes and problems going forward, but I believe Evan's insight and creative thought processes will, to a degree, negate whatever comes along (as difficult as it may be). I'm all for having dissenting voices on a project to negate the natural build up of cognitive dissonance but your comments about Vertoe being the second most important dev I think are out of line and a misrepresentation of what's really true. The manner in which he exited, dumping 50,000 DRK (or thereabouts) without warning was a dummy spit of epic proportions. It's just as well it happened now and not further down the track. That type of personality within a team environment is often too damaging by contrast to the benefit they bring.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 [4334] 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: