Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:00:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 [4379] 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:38:49 AM

YOU are hostile and you don't think you will face some hostility too ?  Smiley You called the coin "trash" multiple times and now you talk about hostility and intolerance. You have a selective memory or you are a hypocrite.
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:40:54 AM

Jesus, there are five active anti-DRK threads active on the first page of the altcoin discussion forum.  Other coins be getting scared!  
Just 5? surely Shirley we can get upto double figures if we try hard enough  Roll Eyes

To the instamined-cave! By which I mean we take the instamined gold plated helicopter to the port containing the instamined meg-yacht, which we will burn in order to use the fire to light our instamined cigars before we hop onto our hydrogen powered platinum jet skis and fling caviar at each other while heading towards instamined island.
Instamined Island? Yeah!!! That must mean we're heading for our instamined evil volcano lair where our dear leader Dr. Duffield and Mini Duff will fire up the instamined moon rocket and we'll all head to our instamined moon base where we will shoot the instamined laser at the Monero fudders back on earth. What fun!
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:41:32 AM

fyi iCEBREAKER is part of the hashfast-scam that went on 2013/14.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:42:18 AM

We'd be happy to have you here iCEBREAKER if you were here to add value and be constructive.

But when your agenda is just so obviously the very opposite of that, of course (and you'd have to be so very stupid to NOT realise this) you're going to be ignored, blocked and your underlying intent rejected.

Happy to have me?  You mean like you were happy to have the former supporters who objected to the rebrand and were told to GTFO?

Ignoring trolls is one thing.  Reveling in the use of that simple forum feature betrays a deeper problems, as does being so eager to shun outsiders that innocent insiders get caught in the dragnet.  Those problem are call 'paranoia' and 'insecurity.'

Criticism adds value.  Debate is a constructive activity.

How does ignoring-while-not-ignoring people "add value?"  How is repeatedly bragging about using a simple forum feature being "constructive?"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Kai Proctor

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:44:32 AM

Oh ! So the choice is "hypocrite".

YOU are hostile and you don't think you will face some hostility too ?  Smiley You called the coin "trash" multiple times and now you talk about hostility and intolerance. You have a selective memory or you are a hypocrite.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:48:33 AM

You think the Argentinian Peso is more "liquid" than the US Dollar because it has smaller monetary units ? Darkcoin/DASH already has 4 times the liquidity of its nearest cryptonote competitor simply by virtue of having 4 times the marketcap.
Tok, I like your postings but in this case save your breath, you can't teach a lifetime of stupidity to be smart, it can't normally be done, believe me I've tried with a few idiots in my time. It is a common error that clever people think others are like them but generally that ain't true, its more likely a projection of your own reality onto someone else as you see them.

tok and I are having a polite conversation despite (or because of) our differences in opinion, like reasonable people often do.

You jump in and bash one participant with content-free insults.

That's *EXACTLY* the kind of toxic cult-like 'shun the disbeliever' crap a community doesn't need.

tok is honestly trying to defend this cesspool of DigitalTrash against my charges of groupthink, and you are making his task harder.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:49:22 AM

Loooooooolz!

"Icebreaker-Hasfast Employee?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0

"This isn't a good sign for Hashfast customers. Their shill is trolling Cointerra's thread talking about refunds when he should be in the Hashfast thread reassuring customers."

"Pretty backwards isn't he"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:52:04 AM

statement - as I pointed out in the other thread, liquidity alludes to the amount of monetary value available in markets at a given price range, not some arbitrary count of monetary units.

You think the Argentinian Peso is more "liquid" than the US Dollar because it has smaller monetary units ? Darkcoin/DASH already has 4 times the liquidity of its nearest cryptonote competitor simply by virtue of having 4 times the market cap.

Does not compute.

EDIT: agree with you of course about the number of units being irrelevant.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:52:21 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 12:05:10 PM by Rux

well thank you kind sir for showing us truth Wink

BUMP!

to all FUDers, please continue, look what are you doing to our DASH PRICE !!!!!!!! Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:52:56 AM

Great confirmation today from people getting into the DASH and other crypto... Bitcointalk forums like this carry no weight!  That means that we're making noise to each other.   I found it funny... Their comments about these forums was that it's obviously being run and frequented by mostly young to middle aged men that are "techno"  nerds with adolescent behaviour.  

How much weight did or do they attribute to us here and how important to the future of crypto... Their response...less then zero.   Ouch!

Main stream adopters will never look on here for advise.  They will look at the website,  friends and family referrals and main stream media.   Sorry guys... The maybe 100k users through these boards will have zero effect.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:53:22 AM

I was one of Hashfast's first customers.  But that is very off-topic.

A German playing the 'guilt-by-association' game?

That's brave.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:54:47 AM

Ohhhhh.  Do tell!  iCEBREAKER exposed!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Kai Proctor

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:56:46 AM

Loooooooolz!

"Icebreaker-Hasfast Employee?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0

"This isn't a good sign for Hashfast customers. Their shill is trolling Cointerra's thread talking about refunds when he should be in the Hashfast thread reassuring customers."

"Pretty backwards isn't he"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Roll Eyes

i dont believe icebreaker is eduardo either (though it wouldve explained a lot if it was)

Icebreaker is just a grade A IceHole with a huge chip on his shoulder.

While being an icehole, in itself.. is annoying but not technically against the rules...  the way he goes about his attacks, bullying, baiting and harassment of people and companies.. and then complains when it finally happens to him... is really immature.  it wouldnt shock me if he was just a kid (or very immature kidult)

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:04:37 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 12:16:19 PM by Rux

Guys maybe new investors will think we hire icebreaker and rest of FUDers to advertise our selfs??  Grin

ice, if you can go to Bitcoin thread and do some of your magic work to raise BTC price, DASH community would be grateful

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:06:56 PM

[OFF TOPIC AD HOM]

Oh no, I'm being attacked by a cult!

How very Scientologist of you paranoid, insecure DuffCult nutjobs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies#.22Attack_the_Attacker.22_policy

"Attack the Attacker" policy

Scientology has a reputation for hostile action toward anyone who criticizes it in a public forum

Journalists, politicians, former Scientologists and various anti-cult groups have made accusations of wrongdoing against Scientology since the 1960s, and Scientology has targeted these critics - almost without exception - for retaliation, in the form of lawsuits and public counter-accusations of personal wrongdoing.

Please don't gas my subway either.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Wink
Helloooo Babyyyy
 Grin
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:08:32 PM

Let's Talk Bitcoin! #196 Distortions towards Privacy

On Todays Show Matthew interviews Evan of the Darkcoin project for an in-depth look at how one community has attacked and perhaps solved many of the privacy concerns that are a part of Bitcoin.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work
 Grin Grin Grin

Bump Grin

Anyone interested in DASH/DRK should listen. Everything you need to know about this project wrapped into an easy-to-understand 45 minute interview.

Yes please
listen to it 1 more time !
 Grin
And YES
you have to listen to it 1 more time
 Grin
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:09:37 PM

Tok, I like your postings but in this case save your breath, you can't teach a lifetime of stupidity to be smart, it can't normally be done, believe me I've tried with a few idiots in my time. It is a common error that clever people think others are like them but generally that ain't true, its more likely a projection of your own reality onto someone else as you see them.
tok and I are having a polite conversation despite (or because of) our differences in opinion, like reasonable people often do.

That's *EXACTLY* the kind of toxic cult-like 'shun the disbeliever' crap a community doesn't need.
I save this for future reference. Very elegantly worded (and in case you are wondering, this is not about Monero vs Dash; this is about elegantly expressing something I noticed a lot, on different topics usually not even related to cryptocurrencies). By the way, in case you wonder, this is called ad personam:

Quote from: Arthur Shopenhauer, The Art of Being Right
A last trick is to become personal, insulting, rude, as soon as you perceive that your opponent has the upper hand, and that you are going to come off worst. It consists in passing from the subject of dispute, as from a lost game, to the disputant himself, and in some way attacking his person. It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem, which passes from the objective discussion of the subject pure and simple to the statements or admissions which your opponent has made in regard to it. But in becoming personal you leave the subject altogether, and turn your attack to his person, by remarks of an offensive and spiteful character. It is an appeal from the virtues of the intellect to the virtues of the body, or to mere animalism. This is a very popular trick, because every one is able to carry it into effect; and so it is of frequent application. Now the question is, What counter-trick avails for the other party? for if he has recourse to the same rule, there will be blows, or a duel, or an action for slander.

To pastiche Linus, "if someone uses ad personam against me, it means I won." :-)

(again, this last sentence is not about Monero and Dash but a general consideration on rhetorics and fallacies)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Kai Proctor

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:13:16 PM

Not off topic at all, you are a known bully and hypocrite. Famous to troll any competitor's thread, your investments come first right ?
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:14:40 PM

I save this for future reference. Very elegantly worded (and in case you are wondering, this is not about Monero vs Dash; this is about elegantly expressing something I noticed a lot, on different topics usually not even related to cryptocurrencies). By the way, in case you wonder, this is called ad personam:

Quote from: Arthur Shopenhauer, The Art of Being Right
A last trick is to become personal, insulting, rude, as soon as you perceive that your opponent has the upper hand, and that you are going to come off worst. It consists in passing from the subject of dispute, as from a lost game, to the disputant himself, and in some way attacking his person. It may be called the argumentum ad personam, to distinguish it from the argumentum ad hominem, which passes from the objective discussion of the subject pure and simple to the statements or admissions which your opponent has made in regard to it. But in becoming personal you leave the subject altogether, and turn your attack to his person, by remarks of an offensive and spiteful character. It is an appeal from the virtues of the intellect to the virtues of the body, or to mere animalism. This is a very popular trick, because every one is able to carry it into effect; and so it is of frequent application. Now the question is, What counter-trick avails for the other party? for if he has recourse to the same rule, there will be blows, or a duel, or an action for slander.

To pastiche Linus, "if someone uses ad personam against me, it means I won." :-)

(again, this last sentence is not about Monero and Dash but a general consideration on rhetorics and fallacies)

Excellent, so you agree that the constant insults by icebreaker and others aren't productive at all.

Or is it only wrong when he's the one being called out for being legitimately part of something shady?
Pages: « 1 ... 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 [4379] 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: