Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 [4426] 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 4476 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:23:01 PM

seeng lots of circle jerking around here  Grin

Yup, by Trollero shills.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:27:25 PM

Oh hey mystery guy... You can also check out my twitter  @MisconductWines  and our restaurant with Chef Abul at the helm www.thekitchen-mwco.com

Looking forward to you and maybe Ur significant other  dropping by for some wine and  dinner....sorry DASH or Cash only ! Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

3) Less than 2% of anyone that uses a computer has Linux, so that's an extremely stupid comment

100% of miners have access to Linux. Using a free virtual machine like VirtualBox for example.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

TESTNET ONLY!!!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-2-x-testing.4202/page-16#post-48056

******************** 11.2.8 - All Users *********************************

- Protocol Bump
    - Added current winning logo from the contest (I'll change it if there's a new winner, I thought the contest was ending this morning)
    - Fixed freezing wallet issue (Udjin/eduffield)
    - Added easy to use sponsorship option for starting masternodes. We’ve had great interest in the sponsorship program, but many of the potential sponsors were asking for an easier way to contribute a small percentage of their masternode earnings. In order to make donations easy for everyone, the first time you start your masternode, the software will ask if you’re interested in donating. More info here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/core-developer-contest-and-sponsor-program.4358/page-3#post-48055

- Disconnect ds timer if not in litemode (Udjin)
    - Disable DS relay (Udjin)
    - More CSS styling fixes (Snogcel/Crowning)

** Compiling - if you get a 404 try again in a bit

Windows 32bit:
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKW-DEV/JOB1/build-146/gitian-win-darkcoin-bin/32/dash-qt.exe

Mac OS X:
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/browse/DR...B1/gitian-osx-dash-dist/dash-0.11.2.8-osx.dmg

Linux 32bit:
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-150/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/32/dash-qt
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-150/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/32/dashd

Linux 64bit
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-150/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/64/dash-qt
    http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-150/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/64/dashd

eduffield, 4 minutes ago

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:47:10 PM

5.  The algorithm was corrected.

In a very different way if you compare with Bitcoin. When a Bitcoin block appeared with more bitcoins than expected, they fixed the exploit and fixed the fucking block. When this supposeddly happened with XCoin/Darkcoin, they changed the entire reward system, but the past blocks remained in the same way.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823.0;all

Bonus: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=970176.0
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:53:16 PM

Coredev Contest and Sponsor Program Follow up

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/core-developer-contest-and-sponsor-program.4358/page-3#post-48055

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:08:53 PM

3) Less than 2% of anyone that uses a computer has Linux, so that's an extremely stupid comment

100% of miners have access to Linux. Using a free virtual machine like VirtualBox for example.

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

That's right, only the darkcoin dev and his friends can use linux!   Roll Eyes

THE FACTS ABOUT cryptohunter

1. Too stupid to use Ubuntu.

Grin
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:14:15 PM

That's right, only the darkcoin dev and his friends can use linux!   Roll Eyes

Grin
Lol... Hell  even I can use Ubuntu and I'm a tech noob!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

That's right, only the darkcoin dev and his friends can use linux!   Roll Eyes

Grin

Read what I said, less than 2% of all those who own a computer have Linux as their operating system. Your excuses to try and cover up the issue don't work for that simple fact. Don't bring in hypothetical, If's. Just the simple fact of making mining Linux only clearly showed the intentions of a scam, not mentioning the various other problems that happened later on. There's no other explanations.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:17:35 PM

Oh hey mystery guy... You can also check out my twitter  @MisconductWines  and our restaurant with Chef Abul at the helm www.thekitchen-mwco.com

Looking forward to you and maybe Ur significant other  dropping by for some wine and  dinner....sorry DASH or Cash only ! Wink

you really are retired  Cheesy  gamble only what you can afford to loose.

i see, seafoods must be special there..from where i am it is very common, if you are the one going to drop by here. i'll cook you myself some mud crabs, shrimps, blue marlin etc (all wild caught)..i'll add some graviola wine, tamarind wine, and sweet mangoes for dessert...dashcoin or cash only  Wink
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:20:46 PM

^ sorry you didn't mine DRK on the public launch.  But unfortunately it already happened.  If you could have used Ubuntu and been there on BCT you could have mined them too.  But you weren't - so no point being butthurt now.  Sad face Sad
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:25:45 PM

Read what I said, less than 2% of all those who own a computer have Linux as their operating system. Your excuses to try and cover up the issue don't work for that simple fact. Don't bring in hypothetical, If's. Just the simple fact of making mining Linux only clearly showed the intentions of a scam, not mentioning the various other problems that happened later on. There's no other explanations.

Less than 0.000000000002% of all those who own a computer have mining software installed either. What was your point again?
gonedark

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:30:15 PM

Anyone know which logo is the current leader in the voting.... 1,2,...,8 ?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:34:57 PM

DASH: Building decentralized infrastructure through incentivized full-node operation.

Masternodes is how DASH calls their full nodes. Every coin needs full nodes for the security and function of the network.

From this Coindesk article:  http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/

"To function to its full potential, the bitcoin network must not only provide an avenue for transactions, but also remain secure. By using a number of randomly selected nodes, the network can reduce the problem of double spending – when a user attempts to spend the same digital token twice.

However, bitcoin doesn't just need nodes, it requires lots of fully functioning nodes – nodes that have the bitcoin core client on a machine instance with the complete block chain. The more nodes there are, the more secure the network is. This is one of the reasons there is a plan to put bitcoin nodes in space, and that the plan has important implications for bitcoin. The problem is, the number of nodes on the network is dropping, and core developers believe it may continue to do so."

There are two main differences between DASH full-nodes(Masternodes) and other crypto currencies full nodes. In DASH full-node operators are incentivized and the DASH network requires a 1000DASH collateral to run a node.

From, the same Coindesk article Bitcoiners have found lack of incentive to be one of the main reasons for the drop in nodes:

"Unlike bitcoin mining, where participants are rewarded for confirming transactions, running a bitcoin node does not provide any incentive. The only benefit for someone to run a node is to help protect the network, and based on the Bitnodes data, the number of people interested in supporting the network with a full node is waning.

There could be a number of reasons for that.

For one thing, running a full node utilizes the resources of a machine for basically no monetary return. Plus, the collapse of Mt. Gox has likely left many people with less desire to support the digital currency."

On the other hand, the lack of a collateral makes it free for people to Sybil attack the network and spoof transactions. From this link http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yvy6b/a_regulatory_compliance_service_is_sybil/ you can see:

"A "regulatory compliance" service is sybil attacking Bitcoin with surveillance nodes to deanonymize transactions."

Another issue of lack of incentive to run full-nodes is that as crypto-networks grow it leads to more centralitzation:

"Members of the bitcoin community seem to be losing interest in hosting full nodes. And it's something to pay attention to, because over time it might mean that the major companies in the industry may have to pick up the slack.

If larger players are taking up the role of supporting the network as full nodes, though, it continues to lessen the amount of decentralization the network has at an infrastructure level."

DASH strategy solves all of these issues, through collateral requirement and incetivized full-node operation.

Once you have a decentralized network of full nodes, where you can count on updates, committed operators and protection from bad actors, all tied to your blockchain. You can really start building features and services over it to provide added value services to end users.

So far DASH has implemented on this platform:

1. Better fungibility and privacy than other existing solutions, by using denominations and pre-emptive mixing, effectively creating digital cash. In DASH you can divide your money into denominations: 0.1, 1, 10, 100, mix it preemptively with other users in the network in a completely trustless and decentralized way and finally use it to pay for things just like with cash.

2. Instant transaction confirmations without creating any additional bloat in the blockchain. This technology will allow for crypto-currencies such as DRK/DASH to compete with nearly instantaneous transaction systems such as credit cards for point-of-sale situations while not relying on a centralized authority. It shortens the delay in confirmation of transactions to as little as 4 seconds.

Planned features:

3. 2FA at the protocol level
4. Pruning and scalability
5. Additional decentralized features and services yet to be revealed.

This is DASH's added value proposition. Please discuss.

References:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yvy6b/a_regulatory_compliance_service_is_sybil/
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:36:25 PM

Less than 0.000000000002% of all those who own a computer have mining software installed either. What was your point again?

Everyone move out of the way Le Crouton Solitaire took his jacket out!!

Cheesy

Trolls are addictive as hell ...
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:37:05 PM

Are you stup... Look, now you know that hardly anyone uses Linux. You can probably do the math yourself, but most people on this forum don't mine either. But that's besides the point, since 2% and below of anyone that uses a computer has Linux as their operating system, then you can comparatively compare that to the users on this forum and conclude that not much people who mine here use Linux as their operating system.

Name me a reason why Evan would release the mining code to the small amount of people that use Linux, instead of Windows(IOS) or any other popular operatin system? Well, there is no reason besides it being an intentional scam.

After all there were many complaints about releasing the miner on Linux only, with no pool code. Sure, it benefitted Evan and his friends  who were in on the scam or a few lucky guys, but no one else.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

DASH: Building decentralized infrastructure through incentivized full-node operation.

Masternodes is how DASH calls their full nodes. Every coin needs full nodes for the security and function of the network.

From this Coindesk article:  http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/

"To function to its full potential, the bitcoin network must not only provide an avenue for transactions, but also remain secure. By using a number of randomly selected nodes, the network can reduce the problem of double spending – when a user attempts to spend the same digital token twice.

However, bitcoin doesn't just need nodes, it requires lots of fully functioning nodes – nodes that have the bitcoin core client on a machine instance with the complete block chain. The more nodes there are, the more secure the network is. This is one of the reasons there is a plan to put bitcoin nodes in space, and that the plan has important implications for bitcoin. The problem is, the number of nodes on the network is dropping, and core developers believe it may continue to do so."

There are two main differences between DASH full-nodes(Masternodes) and other crypto currencies full nodes. In DASH full-node operators are incentivized and the DASH network requires a 1000DASH collateral to run a node.

From, the same Coindesk article Bitcoiners have found lack of incentive to be one of the main reasons for the drop in nodes:

"Unlike bitcoin mining, where participants are rewarded for confirming transactions, running a bitcoin node does not provide any incentive. The only benefit for someone to run a node is to help protect the network, and based on the Bitnodes data, the number of people interested in supporting the network with a full node is waning.

There could be a number of reasons for that.

For one thing, running a full node utilizes the resources of a machine for basically no monetary return. Plus, the collapse of Mt. Gox has likely left many people with less desire to support the digital currency."

On the other hand, the lack of a collateral makes it free for people to Sybil attack the network and spoof transactions. From this link http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yvy6b/a_regulatory_compliance_service_is_sybil/ you can see:

"A "regulatory compliance" service is sybil attacking Bitcoin with surveillance nodes to deanonymize transactions."

Another issue of lack of incentive to run full-nodes is that as crypto-networks grow it leads to more centralitzation:

"Members of the bitcoin community seem to be losing interest in hosting full nodes. And it's something to pay attention to, because over time it might mean that the major companies in the industry may have to pick up the slack.

If larger players are taking up the role of supporting the network as full nodes, though, it continues to lessen the amount of decentralization the network has at an infrastructure level."

DASH strategy solves all of these issues, through collateral requirement and incetivized full-node operation.

Once you have a decentralized network of full nodes, where you can count on updates, committed operators and protection from bad actors, all tied to your blockchain. You can really start building features and services over it to provide added value services to end users.

So far DASH has implemented on this platform:

1. Better fungibility and privacy than other existing solutions, by using denominations and pre-emptive mixing, effectively creating digital cash. In DASH you can divide your money into denominations: 0.1, 1, 10, 100, mix it preemptively with other users in the network in a completely trustless and decentralized way and finally use it to pay for things just like with cash.

2. Instant transaction confirmations without creating any additional bloat in the blockchain. This technology will allow for crypto-currencies such as DRK/DASH to compete with nearly instantaneous transaction systems such as credit cards for point-of-sale situations while not relying on a centralized authority. It shortens the delay in confirmation of transactions to as little as 4 seconds.

Planned features:

3. 2FA at the protocol level
4. Pruning and scalability
5. Additional decentralized features and services yet to be revealed.

This is DASH's added value proposition. Please discuss.

References:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yvy6b/a_regulatory_compliance_service_is_sybil/

Very interesting!
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:41:45 PM

its like im crying because i didnt mined btc on day 1

go cry to someone else, this is not even funny Cheesy

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:47:59 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 04:58:04 PM by bigrcanada

you really are retired  Cheesy  gamble only what you can afford to loose.

i see, seafoods must be special there..from where i am it is very common, if you are the one going to drop by here. i'll cook you myself some mud crabs, shrimps, blue marlin etc (all wild caught)..i'll add some graviola wine, tamarind wine, and sweet mangoes for dessert...dashcoin or cash only  Wink

Hey.. That actually does sound good... Love seafood and have not had the pleasure of having blue marlin... But certainly would live too.   Tamarind wine... Ummm that may take some doing..  haven't heard of graviola wine...but I'm always up for a new experience... Wink

Edit: and I'm certainly not retired!  I'm a certified work-o-holic.  Lol

Pages: « 1 ... 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 4418 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 [4426] 4427 4428 4429 4430 4431 4432 4433 4434 4435 4436 4437 4438 4439 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 4445 4446 4447 4448 4449 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 4456 4457 4458 4459 4460 4461 4462 4463 4464 4465 4466 4467 4468 4469 4470 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 4476 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: