Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:49:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 [5083] 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:29:48 PM

Holy McOff-Topic !!

Ethereum has just surpassed LTC in trading volume  Shocked

This is great news as there is work being done to interconnect the two ...  Cheesy  Dash and Ethereum are a match made in Skynet... errr .. heaven.  Grin

Yes, their volume is crazy. A few days ago they had one day with DOUBLE the volume of LTC! (Over $5.5 million.)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:30:16 PM

The system does not mix with the same partners through several rounds so I dont think this would apply to Darksend.

It could. Let's imagine a situation where there are a few hundred malicious nodes providing liquidity for DS, and only one real user. In this case no matter the number of rounds, the end result of DS will be traceable.

If we up the ratio of real:malicious users combined with enough rounds of DS, the issue will easily be mitigated. We just have to be prapared for a scenario where a malicious entity with a few MNs worth of coins (this requires way less coins than acquiring the majority of MNs) basically spams the network with DS rounds. Due to the fact that DS is seldom used by the real users (no point in overusing it, after 8 rounds the coins are anonymous anyway) an attacker constantly using DS might obtain massive majority, potentially providing mixing for all DS rounds of a real user.

I'm not sure what kind of defense mechanism we have against this, but someone from the dev team will enlighten me I hope Smiley
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:37:50 PM

Is hosting a masternode user friendly?

You might need to understand a tiny bit of Linux, but yes it's pretty easy.

So you are saying that if I dont have any interest in linux it is close to impossible?

Not at all - but you do have to be willing to learn - something - lol

Or use one of the hosting services splawlik, node40, flare etc

any recommendations? how do they take fees etc?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

Dash and Ethereum are a match made in Skynet... errr .. heaven.  Grin

Can you expand on that ?

I don't know anything about this.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:43:27 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 08:00:30 PM by HinnomTX

The system does not mix with the same partners through several rounds so I dont think this would apply to Darksend.

It could. Let's imagine a situation where there are a few hundred malicious nodes providing liquidity for DS, and only one real user. In this case no matter the number of rounds, the end result of DS will be traceable.

If we up the ratio of real:malicious users combined with enough rounds of DS, the issue will easily be mitigated. We just have to be prapared for a scenario where a malicious entity with a few MNs worth of coins (this requires way less coins than acquiring the majority of MNs) basically spams the network with DS rounds. Due to the fact that DS is seldom used by the real users (no point in overusing it, after 8 rounds the coins are anonymous anyway) an attacker constantly using DS might obtain massive majority, potentially providing mixing for all DS rounds of a real user.

I'm not sure what kind of defense mechanism we have against this, but someone from the dev team will enlighten me I hope Smiley
I agree with your points. I do believe once you have more than one trusted DarkSend mixing partner, the issue is rapidly mitigated. So the answer lies in not trusting your mixing partners, and therefore you should 'salt' your coin mixes using at least two wallets you control.

Something like this might work. Wallet A contains the coins you want to anonymize. Wallet B contains some coins you don't care about for anonymous spending, but can serve as a DarkSend liquidity provider / friendly mixing partner. So you open wallet B and start a DarkSend session (8 rounds), then open wallet A and start a DarkSend mixing session (5-6 rounds). In this scenario, a potentially malicious mixing partner can be the third/fourth/fifth input, but he won't be able to ascertain wallet A's inputs and outputs.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:44:20 PM

Is hosting a masternode user friendly?

You might need to understand a tiny bit of Linux, but yes it's pretty easy.

So you are saying that if I dont have any interest in linux it is close to impossible?

Not at all - but you do have to be willing to learn - something - lol

Or use one of the hosting services splawlik, node40, flare etc

any recommendations? how do they take fees etc?

You can't go wrong with either one of them. Contact details are available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867885
Read their website / forum thread, most information you're looking for is available there.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:45:57 PM

Dash and Ethereum are a match made in Skynet... errr .. heaven.  Grin

Can you expand on that ?

I don't know anything about this.

Self explanatory tok... there is work being done to make Dash interact with Ethereum. Not much more to say really, it's all still quite embryonary.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:11:51 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 08:31:08 PM by Otoh

60%
Pacman-esk, but is this with or without Otoh ?  Grin

that comes down to the services (not him direct)
and i think flare + node40 are updated

Yep my minions are updated and Holger (flare), Node40 & Regato are doing the same or have done so already.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:14:54 PM

V12.0.45 is working great for me, really impressive work, all the new tools, wallet repair, backups,  syncing budgets, sporks, everything is super slick. It feels like a huge step forward, looking forward to what we can do with the budget system.  Cool

v12.0.45 crashed all my MNs every two days. Still can't find the problem. Very frustrating. Since 8 days without any payment for all my  MNs.
"crashed" - daemon (process) died or you mn just dropped out of list?
If it actually died - what your vps specs are?

all daemons on my digital ocean droplet (Ubuntu 14.04) died, masternode debug can't find coin, need to restart from hot wallet. Then qt-wallet on my Debian machine where I host my hot wallet hang on the "Synchronizing budgets... 100%" msg, can't even click on anything. Twice the whole Debian machine crashed with the wallet together.

Never seen an update like that. If you're interested I could try to send you the debug.log.

Thanks in advance.

That's weird... mine are on DO too and they feel fine.

Checklist:
- "txindex=1" in dash.conf
- 1 run with -reindex after that ^^^
- start-many/alias from local after reindex is finished
- "masternode debug" on remote should give you "Masternode successfully started", if it's not try this https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/page-15#post-63716

I did try all. Still crashing like no tomorrow. Now crashing every few hours. Of course my masternode debug show successful after I start from the local client. Lost at least dozen of MN payments for all my nodes in last 8 days.

Btw I don't have the txindex=1 in dash.conf in remote daemon. I just try it for a few nodes, let's see whether it's still crashing.

Do you mind sharing the config for local and remote ?
Thanks in advance.
Triptolemoose

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:22:19 PM

Ok, original deleted, was no help ;P  But::

lol, too right and with added multi-coloured depth charts,worth a vote as a little side project, and makes good kudos  and advertising Cool

If you make it happen I'll happily hand the dashwisdom.com domain over to Evan, or whomever will get this project up and running. At the moment http://dashwisdom.com just points directly to the cryptsy charts on bitcoinwisdom but still needs a proxy fix for EU-based visitors.

I think it would be interesting to have a community-controlled site (dashwisdom) with it's own adsense/advertising account, where any ad revenue (less hosting costs) can be used to directly buy up dash off the cryptsy order books and send them to a burn address on a monthly basis. An alt-coin called Viral currently does this on the promo sites that they run, and it seems to work quite well.

Burn!  I'm against burning any more dash!  It's like.... Sacrilege!

Haha, a ritual sacrifice to the gods of crypto so that our masternodes may continue to rain the dash.
AizenSou

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:32:56 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 08:56:55 PM by AizenSou

V12.0.45 is working great for me, really impressive work, all the new tools, wallet repair, backups,  syncing budgets, sporks, everything is super slick. It feels like a huge step forward, looking forward to what we can do with the budget system.  Cool

v12.0.45 crashed all my MNs every two days. Still can't find the problem. Very frustrating. Since 8 days without any payment for all my  MNs.
"crashed" - daemon (process) died or you mn just dropped out of list?
If it actually died - what your vps specs are?

all daemons on my digital ocean droplet (Ubuntu 14.04) died, masternode debug can't find coin, need to restart from hot wallet. Then qt-wallet on my Debian machine where I host my hot wallet hang on the "Synchronizing budgets... 100%" msg, can't even click on anything. Twice the whole Debian machine crashed with the wallet together.

Never seen an update like that. If you're interested I could try to send you the debug.log.

Thanks in advance.

That's weird... mine are on DO too and they feel fine.

Checklist:
- "txindex=1" in dash.conf
- 1 run with -reindex after that ^^^
- start-many/alias from local after reindex is finished
- "masternode debug" on remote should give you "Masternode successfully started", if it's not try this https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/page-15#post-63716

I did try all. Still crashing like no tomorrow. Now crashing every few hours. Of course my masternode debug show successful after I start from the local client. Lost at least dozen of MN payments for all my nodes in last 8 days.

Btw I don't have the txindex=1 in dash.conf in remote daemon. I just try it for a few nodes, let's see whether it's still crashing.

Thanks in advance.

debug file too large?

try
dashd --shrinkdebugfile

maybe??

I just check, debug.log is around 36MB, I don't think it's too large and I still have >10GB free on space.
But I will try your suggestion, thanks.

Last log from debug.log, remote daemon crashed every hour now with the txindex=1
Code:
2015-08-18 20:39:55 CBudgetManager::Sync - sent 0 items
2015-08-18 20:39:55 CBudgetManager::Sync - sent 0 items
2015-08-18 20:39:55 mnvs - Sent Masternode votes to 77.64.253.82:27785
2015-08-18 20:40:17 Verifying mncache.dat format...

Anyone has a stable MN config (local + remote) for v12.45 could share it here ? Thanks in advance.

PS: qt-wallet on local machine hangs again at "Synchronizing budgets 100%". debug.log shows the last log line:  ( What I mean with 'wallet hangs' is I can't click or close it anymore, need to kill it with kill -9 or even restart the machine)
Code:
CMasternodeSync::GetNextAsset - Sync has finished.
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus - Checking inbound connection to 'xxx'
Evan do you have any idea ? It happened almost 50% everytime I started the qt-wallet.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:41:06 PM

No matter what, Bitcoin is still the entry way to alt coins like ours, but I think Dash's instant abilities ought to be very appealing to them.  We need to get the word out to the same people that Dash is the perfect solution for the average user buying Groceries and Gasoline.  How do we do that?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:50:44 PM

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to be ornery, honest, but have you double checked to see if you're really on version 0.12.45?  Those issues sound like the problems of the versions before.  Sometimes we overlook the obvious, so I thought I'd state it here Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
AizenSou

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:52:47 PM

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to be ornery, honest, but have you double checked to see if you're really on version 0.12.45?  Those issues sound like the problems of the versions before.  Sometimes we overlook the obvious, so I thought I'd state it here Wink

Thanks God that I'm not stupid, Tante Wink. I did check a few times, of course. Btw Thanks.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:05:12 PM

I am busy learning other stuf.
Point being dont limit user group when key is expansion.

Evan sees Masternodes as being a business in the future, where you really have to commit yourself (or have others commit their time for you).  He says he sees each masternode will become a business unto itself.  Not only will Masternodes need to keep updated when required (meaning timely) but they need to vote on projects and monitor them as well.  I think he foresees other work in the future as well.  In other words, he sees them as being a real commitment in the future, not passive income.  Just so you understand the mindset.

We've actually made our goal (and I assume the numbers will come back once everyone has updated) of 3000 masternodes.  So really, what we need is a dedicated user group (no offense to anyone, just trying to clarify)  I suspect that when the demands rise, either hosting services will be used more regularly, or else people will drop out, while others come in that are more interested in an active roll.

I don't even know where I stand when it comes down to it.  Will I have the stamina to keep up?  Who knows!

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 09:09:23 PM

others come in that are more interested in an active roll.

I prefer to be an active bagel. But, ya know, different strokes.

--

All nodes on https://masternode.me (but for a couple dozen, am waiting on users to reply) are updated to v12 now!

Smooth sailing so far.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:11:22 PM

Thanks in advance.

Thanks God that I'm not stupid, Tante Wink. I did check a few times, of course. Btw Thanks.

I only asked because it's the type of thing I do over and over again - not that you're as senile as I am!!! Just worth a shot?!!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:12:53 PM

others come in that are more interested in an active roll.

I prefer to be an active bagel. But, ya know, different strokes.

--

All nodes on https://masternode.me (but for a couple dozen, am waiting on users to reply) are updated to v12 now!

Smooth sailing so far.

I'm kinda hoping it won't get too hard, 'cause I love being active in my little way ;P

blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:14:02 PM

I am busy learning other stuf.
Point being dont limit user group when key is expansion.

Evan sees Masternodes as being a business in the future, where you really have to commit yourself (or have others commit their time for you).  He says he sees each masternode will become a business unto itself.  Not only will Masternodes need to keep updated when required (meaning timely) but they need to vote on projects as well.  I think he foresees other work in the future as well.  In other words, he sees them as being a real commitment in the future, not passive income.  Just so you understand the mindset.

We've actually made our goal (and I assume the numbers will come back once everyone has updated) of 3000 masternodes.  So really, what we need is a dedicated user group (no offense to anyone, just trying to clarify)  I suspect that when the demands rise, either hosting services will be used more regularly, or else people will drop out, while others come in that are more interested in an active roll.

I don't even know where I stand when it comes down to it.  Will I have the stamina to keep up?  Who knows!

Key; is DASH a brand or a value-system?
the point of MN being a passive inc.. Well it is? so we can look at it on how it is.
No matter if the target is to expand the brand or the value of the system the target group is still everyone. (Why shouldn't it be?)

If the focus user group is the tech savy. A lot of current owners are likely to jump ship. (not factoring in hosting services)
And what do we see? we see demand in hosting providing services and they are not expensive.

Auto updating scripts is not that hard.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:22:32 PM

So at what percentage does the enforcement hammer come down?  And is it only the Masternodes we worry about updating, or do we need to worry about the miners updating as well?  Looks like we're almost 70%

Pages: « 1 ... 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 [5083] 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: