Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 [5041] 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722526 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:18:08 PM

I own more than a 1000 dark :-*coins
does the proposal system mean I can vote to stop the nonsense and get my darkcoin back? (bit-lite-dark, any fool sees it makes sense)
I cast my vote for that anyway

all those in favor say aye

No, back peddling on branding would cause even more confusion. If you want Darkcoin so bad, rename your shortcut, replace the shortcut icon, and start changing instances of Dash to Darkcoin in the code before building. Other than that, grow up and look at the bigger picture.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

does the proposal system mean I can vote to stop the nonsense and get my darkcoin back? (bit-lite-dark, any fool sees it makes sense)

No, back peddling on branding would cause even more confusion. If you want Darkcoin so bad, rename your shortcut, replace the shortcut icon, and start changing instances of Dash to Darkcoin in the code before building. Other than that, grow up and look at the bigger picture.

People who grow up realize they made mistakes and this seems one to me
but I asked if there would be a vote on that possible? I would set up a masternode for it
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:54:40 PM

... if there would be a vote on that possible? I would set up a masternode for it

Set up a masternode,
Submit a proposal that has Zero DASH allocated to it that says roughly "Let's change the name back",
Try and persuade people to vote for it.

I would certainly vote no, but you have every right to give it a shot.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 07:56:03 PM

People who grow up realize they made mistakes and this seems one to me
but I asked if there would be a vote on that possible? I would set up a masternode for it

Blockchain Governance has the purpose of determining development and functionality decisions, none of which apply to the mere name of the project. That's the reason people need Masternodes to vote: Because Masternodes are affected by the decisions made.

You can't buy a skyscraper and then ask the mayor to change the name of the city.

zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:02:51 PM

... if there would be a vote on that possible? I would set up a masternode for it

Set up a masternode,
Submit a proposal that has Zero DASH allocated to it that says roughly "Let's change the name back",

you seem like a wise man, looking forward until it's up and running but I won't be persuading anybody....
darkcoin is the perfect name for a privacy focused crypto currency, maybe I am the only one who sees that at this moment...
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:08:20 PM

Blockchain Governance has the purpose of determining development and functionality decisions, none of which apply to the mere name of the project. That's the reason people need Masternodes to vote: Because Masternodes are affected by the decisions made.

You can't buy a skyscraper and then ask the mayor to change the name of the city.

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute.

The term "Development" has not yet been defined.  I personally see no problem with such a foolish proposal.  He could argue that a name change IS a development issue.  Nobody that has thought this through would vote for it, but who here hasn't tried something in their life that was a lost cause.  If he feels strongly about it, I say let him try.  Isn't that what the Blockchain Governance functionality was built for?

Just for clarification, he would have to calculate how much time and effort would be required to change and test all the code.  He would then have to propose funding such an action.  Would it require 10 DASH?  100?  1000?  10,000?

Censorship of ideas is not the answer.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

Set up a masternode,

What's the point? Otoh will certainly vote no, and he has the majority of the votes. Great coin! ROFL
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 08:17:30 PM

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute.

The term "Development" has not yet been defined.  I personally see no problem with such a foolish proposal.  He could argue that a name change IS a development issue.  Nobody that has thought this through would vote for it, but who here hasn't tried something in their life that was a lost cause.  If he feels strongly about it, I say let him try.  Isn't that what the Blockchain Governance functionality was built for?

Just for clarification, he would have to calculate how much time and effort would be required to change and test all the code.  He would then have to propose funding such an action.  Would it require 10 DASH?  100?  1000?  10,000?

Censorship of ideas is not the answer.

This has nothing to do with censorship. He may do whatever he pleases.
I was simply outlining my understanding of the purpose of the whole blockchain governance idea.

"Development" is easily defined within our context (we're talking about software development after all): Adding functionality to the codebase, eradicating bugs and errors, fixing vulnerabilities and similiar actions.
The name of a variable (projectname := "DASH" | projectname := "Darkcoin") has no impact on the development of the coin.

Despite all this you're right anyway: His proposal can be filed under "Marketing", an area I missed when I wrote my previous post. Marketing of course affects Masternode operators as well.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:22:35 PM

I dont know what you guys think but I suspect this Bitcoin drop is Ethereum cashing out coins to continue to fund that heavy overhead they have with those big salaries. Just a feeling.

I thought they already sold what was funded back when it was initially raised (at the very least, a substantial portion).

Yes they did sell the ICO coins but as far as I understand they already spent most of that money, so in order to continue they need more funds. Where are those funds going to come from if not from selling ETH for BTC and then FIAT?

We are talking about 150K - 190K /year  salaries for their team, which I think is excessive, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39ujsp/founder_salaries/
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:24:39 PM

Set up a masternode,

you seem like a wise man, looking forward until it's up and running but I won't be persuading anybody....
darkcoin is the perfect name for a privacy focused crypto currency, maybe I am the only one who sees that at this moment...

Dash is no longer solely a privacy-focused crypto. It has extended beyond that with the addition of IX and blockchain governance. Keep living in your nostalgic world of rainbows and butterflies.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:25:45 PM

I dont know what you guys think but I suspect this Bitcoin drop is Ethereum cashing out coins to continue to fund that heavy overhead they have with those big salaries. Just a feeling.

I thought they already sold what was funded back when it was initially raised (at the very least, a substantial portion).

Yes they did sell the ICO coins but as far as I understand they already spent most of that money, so in order to continue they need more funds. Where are those funds going to come from if not from selling ETH for BTC and then FIAT?

We are talking about 150K - 190K /year  salaries for their team, which I think is excessive, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

That's right, they can continue to issue ETH as needed I think.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:21:30 PM

We are talking about 150K - 190K /year  salaries for their team, which I think is excessive, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

No they cannot...the presale agreement doesn't allow it, and the protocol is already launched so there's no way to issue more.

I think a lot...a LOT...of money will flow in and out of various cryptos over the coming weeks to deal with ETH. Very interesting...another great project I think.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:22:28 PM

Set up a masternode,

Dash is no longer solely a privacy-focused crypto. It has extended beyond that with the addition of IX and blockchain governance. Keep living in your nostalgic world of rainbows and butterflies.

+1

Blockchain governance is the most important advancement Dash is gonna give to the entire bitcoin and alt community. I am sure more projects will follow this path .

And the funding will be discussed and voted by the community, even with only one vote you can convince the entire community providing the  best reasoning and the best people to do the job.

<ad>
As I said in the thread about it in dashtalk.org I will propose the funding for a dev to fix and improve the code to p2p mining. Not only for Dash but for the entire crypto economy projects.
</ad>
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:41:33 PM

No they cannot...the presale agreement doesn't allow it, and the protocol is already launched so there's no way to issue more.

I think a lot...a LOT...of money will flow in and out of various cryptos over the coming weeks to deal with ETH. Very interesting...another great project I think.

This is the last I read about it and I moved on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737234.0
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:49:14 PM

The reality about altcoin competition

You know what, thinking about it,  I feel antagonizing with another project and tying your success or failure to what happens to a different project is deep down just an excuse to ignore the fact that no altcoin project is close to getting any meaningful adoption yet. Is easier to go to coinmarketcap.com as a measure of success and say we are in X place and we just went pass Y project.  How does that matter?  It does not, is just an excuse because the reality is no altcoin project is known in the real world in any substantial way and that is the real challenge for people that will never participate in crypto forums or invest in altcoin projects to at least know about other alternatives to BTC.

We should measure our success in that direction.  Measure public awareness, adoption, accessibility to coins, partnerships and integration to services. Every 6 month or so we should ask ourselves:

1) Is public awareness of our project increasing? Are people more informed and understand better what we are doing?  Do they know us more outside of the crypto circles?

2) Is adoption increasing? Are there more services and ways to use Dash for end users?

4) Are our added value features more robust and easy to use than they were 6 months ago?

5) Is it easier to buy coins with FIAT? Are there more vehicles for the public to get access to coins if they wanted to buy some?

We should revise progress on these questions every few months and our actions and energy should be directed to improving those performance indicators.  Everything else and all the forum interaction between different altcoin camps is just a distraction and a big waste of time. This applies to all coins, it would be much more productive if we all faced reality and measure success in a way that matters instead of hiding behind coinmarketcap rankings that at this point in time mean nothing to any project other than Bitcoin.

Keep it real.

It's one of the best posts I ever read in years. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I wonder how many people will open their eyes if they could read this post.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 10:56:39 PM

You know what, thinking about it,  I feel antagonizing with another project and tying your success or failure to what happens to a different project is deep down just an excuse to ignore the fact that no altcoin project is close to getting any meaningful adoption yet. Is easier to go to coinmarketcap.com as a measure of success and say we are in X place and we just went pass Y project.  How does that matter?  It does not, is just an excuse because the reality is no altcoin project is known in the real world in any substantial way and that is the real challenge for people that will never participate in crypto forums or invest in altcoin projects to at least know about other alternatives to BTC.

We should measure our success in that direction.  Measure public awareness, adoption, accessibility to coins, partnerships and integration to services. Every 6 month or so we should ask ourselves:

1) Is public awareness of our project increasing? Are people more informed and understand better what we are doing?  Do they know us more outside of the crypto circles?

2) Is adoption increasing? Are there more services and ways to use Dash for end users?

4) Are our added value features more robust and easy to use than they were 6 months ago?

5) Is it easier to buy coins with FIAT? Are there more vehicles for the public to get access to coins if they wanted to buy some?

We should revise progress on these questions every few months and our actions and energy should be directed to improving those performance indicators.  Everything else and all the forum interaction between different altcoin camps is just a distraction and a big waste of time. This applies to all coins, it would be much more productive if we all faced reality and measure success in a way that matters instead of hiding behind coinmarketcap rankings that at this point in time mean nothing to any project other than Bitcoin.

Keep it real.

This has been my belief for a long time.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bluebit25

Activity: 1638
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 11:30:35 PM

I see 3018 masternodes up.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 11:31:18 PM

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud" -- Nassim Taleb

This has been my belief for a long time.

I agree.  The 'accidental' Dash premine stinks to high heaven, and we should all shout fraud when we see something like that.

There is absolutely no excuse for a coin's actual emission to differ so wildly from its schedule, especially when only the insiders benefited.

Any legit coin with competent core devs would have relaunched after such an embarrassing disaster.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:50:35 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 01:06:56 AM by Lebubar

@Sub-Ether

I think we both lose our bet Wink
What do we do with the pot?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 01:16:46 AM

Few strings were updated 2 days ago (typos etc)... wondering if no Polish, German and French members are subscribed for updates  Roll Eyes

https://www.transifex.com/dash/dash/dash_ents/

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 ... 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 [5041] 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: