Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 [5090] 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:05:14 AM

Also, how can enforcement be on when there is still unpaid blocks (jmma) and paid to older versions.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:52:16 AM

Can anyone remind me why darksend can't use instantx for confirmations?

Hmmm, where did you see this?
You can InstantX some Darksended coin...
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:54:55 AM

I believe he's referring to the mixing process and having nodes lock inputs for each round vs waiting for POW blocks.
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:59:57 AM

Did you guys read this? http://shitco.in/2015/08/19/the-bitcoin-xt-trojan/

I just read it, it says that Bitcoin XT is not what it seems...

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:10:46 AM

I believe he's referring to the mixing process and having nodes lock inputs for each round vs waiting for POW blocks.

Yes indeed oblox that's what I'm referring to. I'm in the process of darksending a little under 1000 coins and while it's going great on a technical level with everything working smoothly, the confirmations really slow the process down. I think I remember eduffield saying something about not being able to use instantX confirmations for darksend but I'm not sure. I'd definitely pay extra to get my coin mixed faster.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:32:30 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 01:46:23 AM by oblox

So then I would pose the question if the extra "DDOS prevention/blacklist/mapping" functionality wasn't coded into XT, would people be against a larger blocksize? How does one expect to scale with 7 tx's/sec?? Lightning network... ok... it's still a whitepaper concept. I'm so tired of hearing the "purity" of bitcoin is getting tarnished with a potential block change when Satoshi himself said it was a temporary measure to prevent spam and allow the network to grow in its infancy. It wasn't mean to be permanent.

This all goes back to why I believe Dash is a better bitcoin:

-Faster confirms (2.5m vs 10m)
-Block reward's tied to difficulty to incentivize miners to mine when diff drops
-Every block diff retarget to prevent arbitrary periods of hash lost (hello 2 week recalc) and prolonged time between blocks
-Blockchain voting/funding to continue development and grow the project vs relying solely on donations
-InstantX (tested at 100 tx's/sec)
-Darksend (while still quirky, it's getting better and adds a level of obfuscation vs sending coins to tumblers)
-Incentived full nodes (because masternodes get paid, there is incentive to run a full node)
-Masternode income for proof of service

I'd personally love to see an n-block size limit implemented into Dash where the size limit is determined by the average size of each block n blocks ago (n to be determined). So if blocksize needs to grow, it will grow over time.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:37:15 AM

Yes indeed oblox that's what I'm referring to. I'm in the process of darksending a little under 1000 coins and while it's going great on a technical level with everything working smoothly, the confirmations really slow the process down. I think I remember eduffield saying something about not being able to use instantX confirmations for darksend but I'm not sure. I'd definitely pay extra to get my coin mixed faster.

O.o I understood the question now.
Well I don't know, but should be quicker that'ss true Wink.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:48:11 AM

I was using a backup computer with a wallet copied prior to darksend mixing a few coins.  I updated to .45 and then .46.  Now it won't find 2 transactions.  None of the backups will show the transactions either.  I tried all the repair tools(thank you Crowning) and it seems that something happened to the wallet and backups at the same time.  I put a good wallet on this computer and the transactions show up.

The main computer I use with the latest wallet shows the transactions, transactions are in the block chain, and the old backups on that computer work as expected.  The only difference is the main computer mixed the coins after the wallet was transferred to the backup computer.

Coincidence that wallet and backups failed at the same time?  Or is there a problem with backups after mixing and we should be backing up wallets anytime we mix coins?
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:57:00 AM

I was using a backup computer with a wallet copied prior to darksend mixing a few coins.  I updated to .45 and then .46.  Now it won't find 2 transactions.  None of the backups will show the transactions either.  I tried all the repair tools(thank you Crowning) and it seems that something happened to the wallet and backups at the same time.  I put a good wallet on this computer and the transactions show up.

The main computer I use with the latest wallet shows the transactions, transactions are in the block chain, and the old backups on that computer work as expected.  The only difference is the main computer mixed the coins after the wallet was transferred to the backup computer.

Coincidence that wallet and backups failed at the same time?  Or is there a problem with backups after mixing and we should be backing up wallets anytime we mix coins?

That last part... because mixing generates new addresses, your wallet may not contain them with where coins are currently parked so always backup post-mixing.
Solarminer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:01:35 AM

So then I would pose the question if the extra "DDOS prevention/blacklist/mapping" functionality wasn't coded into XT, would people be against a larger blocksize? How does one expect to scale with 7 tx's/sec?? Lightning network... ok... it's still a whitepaper concept. I'm so tired of hearing the "purity" of bitcoin is getting tarnished with a potential block change when Satoshi himself said it was a temporary measure to prevent spam and allow the network to grow in its infancy. It wasn't mean to be permanent.

This all goes back to why I believe Dash is a better bitcoin:

-Faster confirms (2.5m vs 10m)
-Block reward's tied to difficulty to incentivize miners to mine when diff drops
-Every block diff retarget to prevent arbitrary periods of hash lost (hello 2 week recalc) and prolonged time between blocks
-Blockchain voting/funding to continue development and grow the project vs relying solely on donations
-InstantX (tested at 100 tx's/sec)
-Darksend (while still quirky, it's getting better and adds a level of obfuscation vs sending coins to tumblers)
-Incentived full nodes (because masternodes get paid, there is incentive to run a full node)
-Masternode income for proof of service

I'd personally love to see an n-block size limit implemented into Dash where the size limit is determined by the average size of each block n blocks ago (n to be determined). So if blocksize needs to grow, it will grow over time.
Good points.  I think the biggest benefit with DASH is that we have a voting system and a way to provide income to developers/marketing/maintenance/etc.  The block debate with Bitcoin would be solved by a DASH masternode vote in just a few days.  Heck, maybe we should offer to host a vote for them since DASH is somewhat tied to the value of Bitcoin.  Grin
Solarminer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:18:36 AM

That last part... because mixing generates new addresses, your wallet may not contain them with where coins are currently parked so always backup post-mixing.
If I generate a new receive address on a wallet and send funds to it.  Then load an old wallet, it still gets the transaction.  Just the label of that transaction won't come through.  If all the inputs/outputs of mixing go through the blockchain an old wallet version should still get the inputs.  Is there something else that causes this to fail?  Maybe the wallet can't allow a send and receive from the same wallet when it syncs old transactions?  Can this be fixed?

Requiring a backup after mixing doesn't seem like a production level solution.
grapevine

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:23:44 AM

Anyone knows how to run the latest version of Dash on Ubuntu 14.04?

I get these files and can't open them. I'm kind of an ubuntu noob...

https://i.imgur.com/nTnAqVd.png

Just  go to directory where qt is using terminal and execute it.
For instance, i keep my dash-qt on a desktop.
So open terminal and type

cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex

Hi. I tried the above suggestion and I get the error: No such file or directory
Any ideas what's causing that?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:32:46 AM

cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex

Wild guess, you are using 32-binaries on a 64-bit system?
if so, you need to have 32-libraries present to run them.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:35:02 AM

If I generate a new receive address on a wallet and send funds to it.  Then load an old wallet, it still gets the transaction.  Just the label of that transaction won't come through.  If all the inputs/outputs of mixing go through the blockchain an old wallet version should still get the inputs.  Is there something else that causes this to fail?  Maybe the wallet can't allow a send and receive from the same wallet when it syncs old transactions?  Can this be fixed?

Backup wallets keep 1000 unused addresses.  If your mixing used up those addresses, then a backup will not show any of the addresses generated afterwards, and with nearly 1000 coins, you probably have gone through many of those addresses Smiley

Probably because you're already in your home folder.  Try first cd   that will make sure your in your home folder, then cd /Desktop  And really, the icon should be double clickable, but for some reason hasn't been coming out correctly for some of us and we still have no response from any of the developers.  That's why I gave up on it weeks ago (and thought it was a rare occurance) But to this day it never corrected itself.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:41:51 AM

If I generate a new receive address on a wallet and send funds to it.  Then load an old wallet, it still gets the transaction.

The new wallet takes the new address from its keypool (which holds 1000 addresses).
If this 'new' address was already in the keypool of the old wallet the old wallet will display the transaction as yours.
If not (because during mixing your wallet ran out of this 1000 addresses and generated new ones) the old wallet just doesn't know that the new address is yours, thus won't display it.

Same technique as Bitcoin BTW, but since Bitcoin can't mix a wallet rarely runs out of addresses.
Solarminer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:43:16 AM

If I generate a new receive address on a wallet and send funds to it.  Then load an old wallet, it still gets the transaction.  Just the label of that transaction won't come through.  If all the inputs/outputs of mixing go through the blockchain an old wallet version should still get the inputs.  Is there something else that causes this to fail?  Maybe the wallet can't allow a send and receive from the same wallet when it syncs old transactions?  Can this be fixed?

Backup wallets keep 1000 unused addresses.  If your mixing used up those addresses, then a backup will not show any of the addresses generated afterwards, and with nearly 1000 coins, you probably have gone through many of those addresses Smiley

Thanks TS.  Ahh.  Not so easy to fix that.

Crowning, thanks for your input too.  Any chance we can force a wallet backup after mixing?  Or maybe just add a note near the darksend mixing rounds/amount option or a dialog ok box that warns you to backup your wallet after mixing?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:44:00 AM

Balances not updating at dashninja.pl  Huh
grapevine

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:51:57 AM

cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex

I am definitely using 64-binaries on a 64-bit system. Thank you though.

Probably because you're already in your home folder.  Try first cd   that will make sure your in your home folder, then cd /Desktop  And really, the icon should be double clickable, but for some reason hasn't been coming out correctly for some of us and we still have no response from any of the developers.  That's why I gave up on it weeks ago (and thought it was a rare occurance) But to this day it never corrected itself.

Ok. I tried cd ...... and then cd /Desktop ..... and then i get the error: No such file or directory
Solarminer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:05:05 AM

cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex

I am definitely using 64-binaries on a 64-bit system. Thank you though.
The files are in subfolders in your image.  This will copy to your desktop first.  (Desktop may or may not be capitalized)
cp /home/Desktop/dash-0.12.0/bin/dash-qt /home/Desktop/
cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex
kadrek

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 03:16:31 AM

cd /home/Desktop
./dash-qt --reindex

Would it be, cd /Home/Desktop/dash-0.12.0/bin
and then ./dash-qt

I have no idea, just guessing haha.

Edit: Just saw the last post  Tongue

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
Pages: « 1 ... 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 [5090] 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: