Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:13:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 [5098] 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:26:25 PM

enforcement on??

82%

Enforcement is on since 2015-08-22 12:00 GMT

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
GilAlexander

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:05:53 PM

My mn dropped off after enforcement, restarted.
HeXaN

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:19:42 PM

enforcement on??

82%
What means "enforcement"?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:48:34 PM

enforcement on??

82%

In Dash, full nodes are compensated for their service by sharing block rewards with miners.  Enforcement is a mode of the network that ensures that all blocks that do not pay masternodes are rejected and guarantees full nodes are compensated as designed. 

Sometimes when we go through big version changes, the protocol changes and during the transition we have two different protocols active on the network so enforcement needs to be turned off as the network upgrades, during that period of time many miners continue to pay full nodes normally but some may take advantage as compliance is voluntary and not enforced.

Once the majority of the network upgrades, enforcement is turned back on and non compliant blocks are rejected by the network. At this time we succesfully transitioned from v11 to v12 and enforcement is back on so masternode payments will go back to normal.
HeXaN

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:00:25 PM

enforcement on??

82%

In Dash, full nodes are compensated for their service by sharing block rewards with miners.  Enforcement is a mode of the network that ensures that all blocks that do not pay masternodes are rejected and guarantees full nodes are compensated as designed. 

Sometimes when we go through big version changes, the protocol changes and during the transition we have two different protocols active on the network so enforcement needs to be turned off as the network upgrades, during that period of time many miners continue to pay full nodes normally but some may take advantage as compliance is voluntary and not enforced.

Once the majority of the network upgrades, enforcement is turned back on and non compliant blocks are rejected by the network. At this time we succesfully transitioned from v11 to v12 and enforcement is back on so masternode payments will go back to normal.
To bring the hammer down on the people that want to cheat the system - and make them comply
Thank you!
I understand perfectly Grin
And...  is 5th of september "the red line"? It will be the success of the new version? (v12)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:10:57 AM

now that there is no donation address, can we not just import the dumped priv key from the cold wallet payment address to another unsafe hot wallet, I tried this and imported the priv key into the new wallet, and seems to work fine.
If you send within the hot wallet from the imported address to another address within the same wallet, this will make the payment balance of the 1k cold wallet disappear but will keep the 1k bounty intact.
So, effectively the 2 wallets are twinned by 1 mutually exclusive address.
wondering is this a 100% secure way of receiving masternode payments to an unsafe hot wallet, as the priv key for the 1k is still safe in the cold wallet that never has to be started up, am I missing anything, anyone ?
This is intriguing.  So let me lay this out graphically so I can understand.

Original MN Wallet               New Wallet
1000 coins in key A
Dump private key A
                                       Import private key A
                                       Send funds from key A to key B

Key A has 0 coins                Key B has 1000 coins
Rewards deposit in Key A      Rewards deposit in key A

Am I close on this?  I think the original wallet would then be your hot wallet with spendable rewards.  The new wallet would have the 1000 coins and would stay cold.
Do both wallets need the same password?  Seems like something that could pose a problem.
Bridgewater

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:40:35 AM

Fun off topic chart  Grin

The orange and blue lines cannot coexist.  There is only the orange line.  Grin
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:25:03 AM

Hi,
anyone having problem with ver 47 ? my wallet says synchronization  failed at 75% ?

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:03:08 AM

Hi,
anyone having problem with ver 47 ? my wallet says synchronization  failed at 75% ?

Please describe your issue in greater detail -

Some times it's just easier to delete everything - while saving your wallet.dat file -
 - and reinstall

Why beat a dead horse - ......

thanks i will try it

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:40:30 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 06:58:28 AM by Sub-Ether

now that there is no donation address, can we not just import the dumped priv key from the cold wallet payment address to another unsafe hot wallet, I tried this and imported the priv key into the new wallet, and seems to work fine.
If you send within the hot wallet from the imported address to another address within the same wallet, this will make the payment balance of the 1k cold wallet disappear but will keep the 1k bounty intact.
wondering is this a 100% secure way of receiving masternode payments to an unsafe hot wallet, as the priv key for the 1k is still safe in the cold wallet that never has to be started up, am I missing anything, anyone ?
This is intriguing.  So let me lay this out graphically so I can understand.

Original MN Wallet               New Wallet
1000 coins in key A
Dump private key A
                                       Import private key A

Key A has 0 coins                Key B has 1000 coins
Rewards deposit in Key A      Rewards deposit in key A

Am I close on this?  I think the original wallet would then be your hot wallet with spendable rewards.  The new wallet would have the 1000 coins and would stay cold.
Do both wallets need the same password?  Seems like something that could pose a problem.

Edit: Yep, you are almost there, but the private key must be the change payment address and not the 1k address, they are different. And when you import the key to the new wallet, if it had 1 dash before, it will now add 1 dash to the hot wallet and remain in the cold wallet at the same time (twinned, so to speak, until moved to another address)

And my question still stands,
is there any security threat for the cold wallet by sharing only one private key between 2 wallets to use as a donation address,
anyone, please ??

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

Hi,
Please describe your issue in greater detail -
Some times it's just easier to delete everything - while saving your wallet.dat file -
 - and reinstall
Why beat a dead horse - ......
Just a thought here, but I have noticed that I can get a more reliable sync if I am downloading the blockchain (from scratch) at the same time, while this doesn't quite make sense-why download it all again anyway? But I am thinking that the download process slows the client down enough so that it syncs/aligns better with the network, basically helps match the speed of all the processes involved.
If you were on a slow computer like the Pi, this could be more of an issue perhaps.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:53:45 AM

1000 coins in key A
Dump private key A
                                       Import private key A

Am I close on this?  I think the original wallet would then be your hot wallet with spendable rewards.  The new wallet would have the 1000 coins and would stay cold.
Do both wallets need the same password?  Seems like something that could pose a problem.

Yep, I said the same a few pages ago, we are thinking the same,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12211403#msg12211403

is there any security threat for the cold wallet by sharing only one private key between 2 wallets to use as a donation address,
anyone, please ??

I don't understand how this can work.  The payments always go to the wallet address, or address, that has the 1000 coins.  If you send those coins to another address, that will be the address the payments are sent to, or worse, your masternode will no longer work, because you sent the coins out.  I don't understand the logic?

Unless what you're trying to say is you can import your private key into another wallet and access the coins, but that just puts the whole - what should have been cold - wallet into a more easily stolen situation.

I would never continue to use an account address that has had it's private key exposed via being typed into a wallet.  Maybe nobody can see, but I'm very paranoid.  I would only use a private key to recover coins, then send them on to a secure wallet afterwards.

Even still, I don't understand the logic of the first idea?  Because remember, the moment you move your coins out of your masternode address, the masternode ceases to work.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:01:16 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 07:11:28 AM by Sub-Ether

1000 coins in key A
Dump private key A
                                       Import private key A

Yep, I said the same a few pages ago, we are thinking the same,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12211403#msg12211403

anyone, please ??

I don't understand how this can work.  The payments always go to the wallet address, or address, that has the 1000 coins.  If you send those coins to another address, that will be the address the payments are sent to, or worse, your masternode will no longer work, because you sent the coins out.  I don't understand the logic?

Unless what you're trying to say is you can import your private key into another wallet and access the coins, but that just puts the whole - what should have been cold - wallet into a more easily stolen situation.

I would never continue to use an account address that has had it's private key exposed via being typed into a wallet.  Maybe nobody can see, but I'm very paranoid.  I would only use a private key to recover coins, then send them on to a secure wallet afterwards.

Even still, I don't understand the logic of the first idea?  Because remember, the moment you move your coins out of your masternode address, the masternode ceases to work.

It works, I have tried it (but only on hot wallets so far!)
Do not confuse the 1k bounty private key with the 'donation' payment private key, they are separate entities.
You are only twinning one shared key between 2 wallets. Try it on 2 other wallets first, with listen=0 and run them at the same time, you will see what I mean.

Good morning ,btw.

Edit: Its an odd thing having only 1 shared address because if you move the coins around in same wallet using coin control, it can change the balance of the other wallet , but only 1 wallet of the 2 wallets balance has the potential to change at a time.(you must change the shared key for this to happen otherwise there is no change in both wallets)

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:12:19 AM

1000 coins in key A
Dump private key A
                                       Import private key A

Edit: Yep, you are almost there, but the private key must be the change payment address and not the 1k address, they are different. And when you import the key to the new wallet, if it had 1 dash before, it will now add 1 dash to the hot wallet and remain in the cold wallet at the same time (twinned, so to speak, until moved to another address)

anyone, please ??

Hmmm.  A little confused, but I do want to know how you can do it.  Could you explain with my diagram above where the change payment and 1k address start and end up?
Sub-Ether

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

anyone, please ??

Hmmm.  A little confused, but I do want to know how you can do it.  Could you explain with my diagram above where the change payment and 1k address start and end up?
The 1k bounty private key is never disclosed and the 1k balance can never be removed from the cold wallet as far as I know because you only pair 1 private key belonging to a 'payment' address.
Think of it like a partially shared bank account with your girlfriend or wife (she has gambling/shopping problems so you allow a weekly allowance)
You both have separate bank accounts and can not draw out from each others main balance using your own account but you can draw out from a special trading account deposit number that is the same for both of you within your accounts.
This is a trusted number as either party can empty the balance, but they can not empty the balance of the rest of the account as they do not have access, and if either party moves the balance to another address within in the account-the deposit is no longer visiable to the other person.

To help you guys, I could write a short guide in the masternode guide help section and people can add their thoughts on it from there rather then getting lost in this thread (again, hehe) ...

Sub-Ether

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:16:15 PM

Grin
''it's a huge advantage that bitcoin has a built in voting process to handle upgrades, checks and balances on maintainers of any fork, etc''
~~Brian Armstrong~~

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:02:50 PM

Today my masternode service got better for one more MN

Thats total 4 MN in Rux MN services.

I hope new shareholders will come, my FEE is max 15%, that include servers fee, updates and monitoring.

p.s.

I have one more guy who have aprox 4.000 DASH, belive it or not, guy have so much BTC, he bought contract for mining worth 2 BTC, and forgot on what website he have those DASH.

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:42:51 PM

A few questions of my mind

if government order to all ISPs in country for block list of ip's (all masternod ip) all of my send packed never received to this ip what happened?  Dash useless on this country?

If the answer to the first question is yes,The situation is slightly changing :

dash didn't open source so government doesn't know anything about work of codes inside dash.

there are masternode around the world and list of  masternode ip address not public.

with sniff packet from program of dash (dash-qt.exe) Can understand what IP application connected? (my mean make list of masternode ip for start to add in blocklist by ISP)

If the answer to the second question is yes, what is the solution?

government have power so if want stop dash best method is try to stop access to use Dash by internet and block massternods ip.

Thank you

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:47:08 PM

if government order to all ISPs in country for block list of ip's (all masternod ip) all of my send packed never received to this ip what happened?  Dash useless on this country?

dash didn't open source so government doesn't know anything about work of codes inside dash.

there are masternode around the world and list of  masternode ip address not public.

with sniff packet from program of dash (dash-qt.exe) Can understand what IP application connected? (my mean make list of masternode ip for start to add in blocklist by ISP)

government have power so if want stop dash best method is try to stop access to use Dash by internet and block massternods ip.

Thank you

Stop worrying about Masternodes, attacking the two or three pools that own the vast majority of the hash is literally a thousand times simpler and cheaper method of wrecking the network.

3 pools vs 3000 Masternodes...  Roll Eyes
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:06:13 PM

Thank you

Stop worrying about Masternodes, attacking the two or three pools that own the vast majority of the hash is literally a thousand times simpler and cheaper method of wrecking the network.

3 pools vs 3000 Masternodes...  Roll Eyes

Ok but you didn't answer his questions.  

If the govt wanted to tell ISPs to block the protocol, they could.  The thing is though that they aren't going to block it everywhere in the world so anyone could just set up in a different country.

I've always been an advocate of hiding the ip addresses and possibly a pool of ports to use so it would be harder to see/block.  If we used port 80 instead of 9999, I think it would be much tougher to be seen and blocked by the man imho.
Pages: « 1 ... 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 [5098] 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: