Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 [5126] 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:23:46 PM

Should be interesting to monitor Dash's hashrate  Wink

I'm more than delighted for you to have that job   Smiley

To me that's something you observe at reggae gigs.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:28:35 PM

Should be interesting to monitor Dash's hashrate  Wink

I'm more than delighted for you to have that job   Smiley

To me that's something you observe at reggae gigs.

Wink Wasn't suggesting you do it mate. Anyway, it should be a week by week tendency I suppose...
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:45:19 PM

Wink Wasn't suggesting you do it mate. Anyway, it should be a week by week tendency I suppose...

We are entering a bit of a strange phase in crypto.

Consolidation has taken place - last year saw huge amounts of jostling for position in the various "spaces" followed by a fairly settled market and technology landscape. The only major new arrival is Ethereum but that's been anticipated for over a year anyway.

Against that has been the total anti-climax of bitcoin's market performance. Everybody thought it would have hit multiples of 4 figures by now and it hasn't and doesn't look like doing so anytime soon. Andreas Antonopolis "this is a 3 year project" remark is now two thirds of the way to expiry and adoption looks farther away than ever to me.

The question is what's going to happen now ?

The whole blocksize debacle shows that things are still in their infancy so we may be a few years off the point where mainstream markets actually regard cryptocurrencies as a serious asset - whatever its level of technical integrity.

On the other hand, the fact that marketcaps have been sustained this long is a major achievement. The longer they go on the most of a grip they'll have. Also, the fiat world is kind of starting to teeter. China stalling, QE not working in kickstarting economies and stocks now starting to reflect that.

To me it looks like a 2-10 year affair for crypto to make a significant dent in the world economy.

With that in mind, ED is approaching the end of his 2-year contract (or is it halfway through ? - can't remember) but Dash now has an immensely powerful facility in place to sustain its development and maintenance over that period of mainstream penetration. I think that getting the priorities right for short and medium term will be crucial to success from now on.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:51:26 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 06:01:46 PM by qwizzie

https://dashninja.pl/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 09:19:00 PM

Fine, I don't know which comment was yours, but I just barked.  Doubt it helps.

I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity.
Edward Snowden

When ghetto living seems normal, you have no shame, no privacy.
Malcolm X

Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds.
John Perry Barlow

You have to fight for your privacy or you lose it.
Eric Schmidt

I'll add one:
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 09:36:08 PM

1 new string  Roll Eyes
https://www.transifex.com/dash/dash/dash_ents/

I also fixed a bunch of translation errors that was found by verification script so here is a friendly reminder to translators:
Please do not mess with %1, %n, %s, %u etc - they must be in place in your translated strings just like they are in En source.

Thank you Smiley

x-post: https://dashtalk.org/threads/please-help-in-translations-for-v12-wallets.5523/page-3#post-65725

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:55:02 PM

1 new string  Roll Eyes

I also fixed a bunch of translation errors that was found by verification script so here is a friendly reminder to translators:
Please do not mess with %1, %n, %s, %u etc - they must be in place in your translated strings just like they are in En source.

Thank you Smiley

x-post: https://dashtalk.org/threads/please-help-in-translations-for-v12-wallets.5523/page-3#post-65725

LOL! that was tough Wink PL DONE!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:10:04 PM

We are entering a bit of a strange phase in crypto.

Consolidation has taken place - last year saw huge amounts of jostling for position in the various "spaces" followed by a fairly settled market and technology landscape. The only major new arrival is Ethereum but that's been anticipated for over a year anyway.

Against that has been the total anti-climax of bitcoin's market performance. Everybody thought it would have hit multiples of 4 figures by now and it hasn't and doesn't look like doing so anytime soon. Andreas Antonopolis "this is a 3 year project" remark is now two thirds of the way to expiry and adoption looks farther away than ever to me.

The question is what's going to happen now ?

The whole blocksize debacle shows that things are still in their infancy so we may be a few years off the point where mainstream markets actually regard cryptocurrencies as a serious asset - whatever its level of technical integrity.

On the other hand, the fact that marketcaps have been sustained this long is a major achievement. The longer they go on the most of a grip they'll have. Also, the fiat world is kind of starting to teeter. China stalling, QE not working in kickstarting economies and stocks now starting to reflect that.

To me it looks like a 2-10 year affair for crypto to make a significant dent in the world economy.

With that in mind, ED is approaching the end of his 2-year contract (or is it halfway through ? - can't remember) but Dash now has an immensely powerful facility in place to sustain its development and maintenance over that period of mainstream penetration. I think that getting the priorities right for short and medium term will be crucial to success from now on.

I would bet crypto will come sooner than you think.  The financial markets are very unstable with enormous amounts of debt.  Once central banks loose control, the whole system could 'collapse' and cause credit to dry up.  Crypto and Metals will be the only trusted money and will start to take off.

We will see more Circle like banks that show your balance in dollars, but hold BTC or another crypto.  These will bridge through this transition to crypto.  Once BTC transactions start to get tracked and people start to get it, DASH will own the space.  It will be a DASHtastic future in no time.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:38:34 PM

I would bet crypto will come sooner than you think.  The financial markets are very unstable with enormous amounts of debt.  Once central banks loose control, the whole system could 'collapse' and cause credit to dry up.  Crypto and Metals will be the only trusted money and will start to take off.

We will see more Circle like banks that show your balance in dollars, but hold BTC or another crypto.  These will bridge through this transition to crypto.  Once BTC transactions start to get tracked and people start to get it, DASH will own the space.  It will be a DASHtastic future in no time.

Perhaps a combination of your analysis and mine is on the cards.

We may get the odd "jump" in adoption into crypto, where something gives way from time to time. That December 2013 rise didn't seem to take much - happened in a month - and technologically we're further down the line now.

Bitcoin hasn't been "broken" yet and Dash inherits much of its "rights of passage" valuation, so I'm not saying there are not interesting times on the cards.

I'm constantly amazed at the diversity of opinion there is amongst financial commentators on the prospects for the system though. You get you're Gerald Celente's on the one hand predicting "guaranteed" 20% corrections by Christmas, then you get people for whom everything seems just rosy and
as it should be and it's a "great time to buy".
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:08:45 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 01:41:02 AM by Solarminer

I would bet crypto will come sooner than you think.  The financial markets are very unstable with enormous amounts of debt.  Once central banks loose control, the whole system could 'collapse' and cause credit to dry up.  Crypto and Metals will be the only trusted money and will start to take off.

We will see more Circle like banks that show your balance in dollars, but hold BTC or another crypto.  These will bridge through this transition to crypto.  Once BTC transactions start to get tracked and people start to get it, DASH will own the space.  It will be a DASHtastic future in no time.

Perhaps a combination of your analysis and mine is on the cards.

We may get the odd "jump" in adoption into crypto, where something gives way from time to time. That December 2013 rise didn't seem to take much - happened in a month - and technologically we're further down the line now.

Bitcoin hasn't been "broken" yet and Dash inherits much of its "rights of passage" valuation, so I'm not saying there are not interesting times on the cards.

I'm constantly amazed at the diversity of opinion there is amongst financial commentators on the prospects for the system though. You get you're Gerald Celente's on the one hand predicting "guaranteed" 20% corrections by Christmas, then you get people for whom everything seems just rosy and
as it should be and it's a "great time to buy".

Perhaps.  I still think it will be fear of problems with the existing system to push people over the edge.  A bail-in or credit cards not working would sure speed things up.

Celente repeats a lot of what he says.  He predicts so many things, he is bound to be right a few times.  LOL.  The Alex Jones sky is falling, buy my supplements.  Peter Schiff - gold will be your savior.(although he takes bitcoin).  Max Keiser - Bitcoin to $10,000 last year, nope.  Steve Quayle - fallen angels will come upon us, stock up on food.  Not saying there isn't some truth from all of them.  And really, I am just trying to be funny here, no ill intent to any of these guys.  It is good to get a wide variety of opinions.  And yes I need a conspiracy theropist now.  Lol.

And for the best market forcaster, Greg Manarino.  He called the top of the market a few weeks ago.  Now he is calling the triple moving average cross(The market death cross).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vIQdATQXtcY
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:44:18 PM

I'll add one:
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Ron

Nice Smiley  Ol Ben was the best!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:23:31 AM

....such drama

god
these children are just pathetic
i can not even engage in that
 Wink
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:34:36 AM

only 1 one claim to fame, lol, sounds like someone has trouble counting  Grin

To compensate for bitfinex, I have already noticed the volume going up on the other exchanges particularly cryptsy, hopes are that exchanges such as Bter will increase in volume, in the end this could add more diversity.
Shame though, don't have much reason for logging onto bitfinex anymore, the volume from Dash would also have given them added traffic for bitcoin and litecoin, so that has gone as well.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:38:20 AM

I'll add one:
― Benjamin Franklin
Ron
Nice Smiley  Ol Ben was the best!
Hir Tante,
Truely lost the plot on personnal freedom and expression when gender neutral pronouns are being forced into universities, what next, boo-boo?
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/28/call-me-ze-not-university-wants-everyone-to-use-gender-inclusive-pronouns.html
You best stay safe in your house, like a good little sheeple, Xe Stefana.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-break-wrong-home-shoot-innocent-homeowner-kill-dog-shoot

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:06:50 AM

I'll add one:
― Benjamin Franklin
Ron
Nice Smiley  Ol Ben was the best!
Hir Tante,
Truely lost the plot on personnal freedom and expression when gender neutral pronouns are being forced into universities, what next, boo-boo?
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/28/call-me-ze-not-university-wants-everyone-to-use-gender-inclusive-pronouns.html
You best stay safe in your house, like a good little sheeple, Xe Stefana.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-break-wrong-home-shoot-innocent-homeowner-kill-dog-shoot

That first link is just sad (I was saying Ol, as in Old Ben, maybe should have used 'Ol ?  But no, never heard of gender neutral.  However, I'd support it for German, as I can't ever remember the proper gender for nouns, LOL

The second one, I'm ashamed to say, made me laugh.  Then, realizing that it is supposed to be true (unbelievable) felt guilty.  That's just ..... so stupid!  Amazing.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
reflexmk

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:28:23 PM

1 new string  Roll Eyes

Thank you Smiley

LOL! that was tough Wink PL DONE!

You have a PM on dashtalk Smiley

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:31:45 PM

Please Vote !
Some numbers:
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html
Tx crowning
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:32:24 PM

Is there a simply guide how to build the Dash Linux daemon from source?
i read the instructions in the source but I was having building problems and thought that there might be something that I was missing or that the build environment is incorrect.
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:58:03 PM

3000 Masternodes!
Congratulations, everybody!  Grin

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 03:54:08 PM

Is there a simply guide how to build the Dash Linux daemon from source?
i read the instructions in the source but I was having building problems and thought that there might be something that I was missing or that the build environment is incorrect.
This one https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md ? What kind of build problems did you have?
Post error here and we'll try to help.

And btw, check "Dependencies" section there first.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 ... 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 [5126] 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: