Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 [5157] 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 08:32:54 PM

Nice, invested in DASH and then it started bouncing!  Think it's under valued considering all the work that's put into it....pretty sure I scored!
Welcome  Smiley
If you can get 1000 Dash together you could join the network and host a masternode, get paid for it and then join us on the big map and even cast a vote on the funding proposals.
http://www.dashnodes.com/index/masternodes_map/
last time I checked we were in 38 countries, now its 40 and growing,
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_locations_stats.html
expected payouts per day,
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html

Nice....working on it already!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:41:42 PM

Quite interesting read
https://voat.co/v/bitcoin/comments/421305

Where is btc headed?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:52:52 PM

I'm not all that versed on coding, BIP or hardcore network management ... But anyone else think this whole BTC "BIPxxx-compatible" blockchain war is just a recipe for disaster?

No FUD, seriously just asking.
It is a bigger problem than just block size.  The problem is the size of the transactions and not being able to scale up(with today's hardware).  If any of the cryptos try to facilitate all pos transactions, the blockchain will be so big in a few months that they will be too slow to use.  Yeah, blocksize can limit blockchain growth and prevent usability problems, but at the risk of reducing transactions (200,000,000/year right now for bitcoin).

This white paper Evan is doing is going have some interesting developments and I am looking forward to it.
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Any news about the official video promo ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:17:16 PM

I'm not all that versed on coding, BIP or hardcore network management ... But anyone else think this whole BTC "BIPxxx-compatible" blockchain war is just a recipe for disaster?

No FUD, seriously just asking.
It is a bigger problem than just block size.  The problem is the size of the transactions and not being able to scale up(with today's hardware).  If any of the cryptos try to facilitate all pos transactions, the blockchain will be so big in a few months that they will be too slow to use.  Yeah, blocksize can limit blockchain growth and prevent usability problems, but at the risk of reducing transactions (200,000,000/year right now for bitcoin).

This white paper Evan is doing is going have some interesting developments and I am looking forward to it.

....and reading the blogs of the 2015 Consensus conference i keep thinking 'but, DASH does that!, no! it's already here, wait there is a solution!'.  

Seems that the BTC intelligentsia just can't look past their nose or perhaps they are unwilling.
Just to be clear on this.  DASH as it is right now, would still have this problem with transactions not scaling up.  DASH does have a voting mechanism and actual development budget, which can easily facilitate the tough decisions like what Bitcoin is trying to do.

Evan has said he has plans to make transactions unlimited and I expect this white paper will have some detail about that.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:12:46 PM

Any news about the official video promo ?

Is pretty much done already, some people from the community that are helping with translations have seen an advanced version of it, we are just correcting a tiny thing at the moment. It is an introductory video for the non crypto initiated / newbies, we are preparing a whole new section on the website with information for newcomers and the video will be there too. We have completed the Chinese voice over version which should launch at the same time or soon after.

Since this is a newbie video it does not cater to the audience of the crypto forums, it will be posted here too, but most importantly will be released as a formal press release for regular media and we want to land any traffic from that into the newcomer section of the website and not into the Dashpay site as it is today as there is not much information for a new person there right now.

Within the next 10 days it should be released give or take a day or two.

Edit: Also this is just a first, the idea is to continue with others right after, the next one should explain the masternode network and how you can generate revenue from running nodes.
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:36:28 PM

...the next one should explain the masternode network and how you can generate revenue from running nodes.

More important than explaining how to generate revenue, it should explain WHY running "incentivized" nodes kicks Bitcoin's ass.
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:17:50 PM

Why are there so many unpaid MNs in a row? (please dont quote this large pic Tongue )

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:30:22 PM

We have completed the Chinese voice over version which should launch at the same time or soon after.

Great news!

Just for info - I want to mention that I don't "sabotage"  Cheesy Russian voiceover for this video, but I want to produce Russian voiceover only after English video will be published.

The reason is our English transcript is so "ideas concentrated" - it is very hard express same idea in Russian smoothly in 1:1 timeline (in general Russian has longer pronunciation).

In fact I already have Russian transcript - but I feel it isn't perfect and synchronized... So after publishing English Video I am going to organize a kind of quick brainstorming inside Russian community to make it better. It wouldn't take much time...

So Russian official video is going to be ready in a week after English. Smiley

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:42:40 PM

Why are there so many unpaid MNs in a row? (please dont quote this large pic Tongue )

I checked and those are definitely paid... I guess it's something with DashNinja

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:00:58 AM

you actualy love Dash but want cheap coins

I'd put that mouldy clown on ignore and not quote him if I were you. His patter is already fungus-ridden from over use.

ddlink made a long post which makes for quite profound reading. Let it not be lost amongst the nonsense.

Bump that, 'cause it was extremely good!  I think all the excitement of Dash development is the thing keeping me up at night!  I've been having trouble sleeping, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:02:19 AM

Dash is in a bear market for a long time, I wonder who still buy and/or hold their Dash?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:15:22 AM

Dash is in a bear market for a long time, I wonder who still buy and/or hold their Dash?

Honestly, in my opinion, since most people don't even know about Dash, or are hateful or loyal elsewhere (heck, I'm like that, I admit), we don't have enough demand.  Traders want to buy where there is more volatility (we have very little) or where they are manipulating a pump, etc...  But I know, I really know that when we start advertising, and people start to take a look at what Dash can do, and how well established it's network is (it's extremely strong, and diversified) then we will see things change.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:31:07 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 01:12:42 PM by toknormal

....and reading the blogs of the 2015 Consensus conference i keep thinking 'but, DASH does that!, no! it's already here, wait there is a solution!'.  

Seems that the BTC intelligentsia just can't look past their nose or perhaps they are unwilling.

I have an explanation for that.

In creative life, visionaries (Stage 1) tend to surround themselves with followers (Stage 2) and followers tend to be mutually attracted to visionaries. In turn, those 2nd generation followers eventually get challenged by the next wave of visionaries (Stage 3) and the cycle begins again.

Where Are We Going After Satoshi ?
In bitcoin, we are now governed by the "2nd tier group" - the followers. However, the people with commit access are the dipolar opposite of the role that Satoshi played in all of this. Good workers, but a rudderless ship in terms of strategic vision. I'd make an exception for Gavin who seems to be enough of a regular human being to have clung to the original intent behind the invention of the worlds first widely accepted, non-countereitable monetary token. To me, he will end up on the right side of history when this book is written simply for having been so close to Satoshi without falling into the "2nd generation pit" and for having been a worthy caretaker of the original monetary principles of the technology *.

The thing is, money is essentially a sociological phenomenon, not a technical one. At an analytical level, it is an information system and nothing to do with "value". As such, its job is to act as a conduit for markets to transmit information about excess and deficit. If the monetary conduit works efficiently, then goods and services get moved worldwide, from areas of excess to areas of deficit. The ideal properties for such monetary media are well understood and prevail equally on electronic platforms as physical ones.

This is the appropriate context in which to do a requirements analysis for a new monetary medium. Not arbitrary ideas about whether bitcoin was a one off event or whether alt coins do or do not have "value". These outcomes don't factor - they are criteria for monopolists, not monetary analysts.

Without continual recourse to the original monetary principles, no new electronic medium will ever qualify for widespread adoption, absent coercion from national governments.

Commit Access=kareoke Status
Returning to the quote, consider this. There are plenty of kareoke singers around the world who can sing better than the Beatles, it's just that they don't aspire to the state of mind that the Beatles did when they wrote those songs.

So it is with 2nd generation bitcoin developers. Whatever their supreme level of coding ability, it's still Kareoke, not money. I've watched presentation after presentation and observed them to be as meticulous about technology as they are reckless about the sociological priorities of money **. No surprise there though. It's the historical priorities that will establish the basis for a new decentralised electronic monetary medium, so IMO we'd do well to study what those priorities were because the 2nd generation Bitcoin developers are (understandably) oblivious to them.

We're On Our Own - Everyone
It's well established that I'm a Bitcoin fan as much as a Dash fan and regard bitcoin as the "mothership". I do not want anything bad to happen to the mother of all cryptocurrencies and the (according to markets) reserve currency by which we are all judged.

At the same time, you've got to accept that bitcoin has now entered the "Karaoke" phase. After Gavin, there hasn't really been anyone who's not a technical agenda oriented, oblivious geek when it comes to monetary principles. To me, that's ok and Dash itself may have to pass through a similar phase some day, but meanwhile lets just be aware that - as far as Bitcoin goes - ordinary human beings are are in charge, not legends.

* Whatever the merits of his technical solutions, his priorities were informed by the principle of a cryptocurrency open to all, accessible directly without the need for proprietary superstructures. To me, these principles seem consistent with those of Satoshi's original vision for bitcoin.

** Traditionally, a programmer has a customer who tells them what to do. In Bitcoin, nobody tells the programmer what to do so they decide for themselves, hence the advent of spurious ideas such as sidechains and "confidential transactions". What does this do to the fungibility of bitcoin ? It destroys it.

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:45:22 AM

eduffield now holds the rank of top 5 developers, since the beginning of BTC most devs have either scammed or simply abandoned their projects, eduffield is one of the most trusted devs of our time, very few have been as open as eduffield it's a great thing to see people like eduffield bringing new things to the table and have it open sourced so we all can learn from it... Wink

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:54:34 AM

We have completed the Chinese voice over version which should launch at the same time or soon after.

Great news!

Just for info - I want to mention that I don't "sabotage"  Cheesy Russian voiceover for this video, but I want to produce Russian voiceover only after English video will be published.

The reason is our English transcript is so "ideas concentrated" - it is very hard express same idea in Russian smoothly in 1:1 timeline (in general Russian has longer pronunciation).

In fact I already have Russian transcript - but I feel it isn't perfect and synchronized... So after publishing English Video I am going to organize a kind of quick brainstorming inside Russian community to make it better. It wouldn't take much time...

So Russian official video is going to be ready in a week after English. Smiley

Can the video be manipulated, like insubstantial pauses to elongate or slow it down?

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:49:46 AM

I have an explanation for that.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/642182087253061632

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 03:52:27 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 04:16:12 AM by TaoOfSaatoshi

eduffield now holds the rank of top 5 developers, since the beginning of BTC most devs have either scammed or simply abandoned their projects, eduffield is one of the most trusted devs of our time, very few have been as open as eduffield it's a great thing to see people like eduffield bringing new things to the table and have it open sourced so we all can learn from it... Wink
There are two whitepapers to be released soon that I'm sure we'll all learn a lot from...

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 05:14:14 AM

I checked and those are definitely paid... I guess it's something with DashNinja

one of the MN that i have for my shareholder haven't been payed, its like 6th day and no income

what could couse this? Smiley

https://dashninja.pl/?mnregexp=%28Xqz7ydfvoqDJUyY1rfubmwexBxKRhnWbg6%29#mnlistdetail

my other 2 MN's are payed in time with no problems at all Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:23:20 AM

one of the MN that i have for my shareholder haven't been payed, its like 6th day and no income

what could couse this? Smiley

https://dashninja.pl/?mnregexp=%28Xqz7ydfvoqDJUyY1rfubmwexBxKRhnWbg6%29#mnlistdetail

my other 2 MN's are payed in time with no problems at all Smiley

At 5d18h7m54s you should see a payment in a few hours or so.  We're now at about 3030 masternodes.  It's taking quite a bit longer to get paid Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 [5157] 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: