Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:25:39 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:37:17 PM by eduffield

Available supply                5,787,285 Dash
Dash in masternodes       - 3,097,000 Dash
Available real supply       = 2,690,285 Dash

Just one point about that which I think is important to note and bear in mind.

The "Dash in masternodes" is always "Available real supply". Contrary to what gets posted in discussions using loose terminology, masternode supply is in no way "locked up", nor does it detract from the potential liquidity of the coin supply. Masternode collateral sits at an address - like any other address - and can be moved all over the place with a regular wallet - including onto exchanges (albeit, at the expense of suspending your masternode revenue of course).

The correct context to see it as "locked up" is in the sense that it is earning a return for the holder and the holder is therefore less likely to trade it than they would be if it was earning no return (all other things being equal).

I only bring this up because we now have a starkly contrasting type of model in the form of bitcoin's sidechains. In this model, coins are indeed locked up and cannot be moved or traded, other than as a completely distinct identity which therefore (by definition) impacts adversely on bitcoin's fungibility. It also impacts adversely on the crypto-economy's ability to insulate one economic sector from volatility in another.

This is another example where Dash places monetary priorities over technological ones. All of its technological solutions have carefully preserved and enhanced monetary properties rather than diminished them.

I definitely disagree with you on this point! I think all commerce will end up taking place in the last few percent simply because the expected ROI of the masternodes will keep the coins out of the supply when they would have been otherwise. There's a similar mechanism that does this in Bitcoin, which is long term speculation. I'm in the process of doing a video series at the moment and I cover this topic in one of the videos, so I'm curious what you'll think.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:28:15 PM

tok ain't gona jive wit dat

Why won't I ?

Maybe you will, we'll see after the details are public!
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:37:41 PM

We've made some massive progress on the DS side and the next version will support network wide anonymity, that doesn't obscure UTXO like cryptonote, is instantaneous, has no bload, has blinding and other identity protection built in. We won't require a name anymore for the service, because it's not a service, Dash will just be anonymous by default.

Approximately when will the next version be ready? 

Thank you for all of your efforts.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:40:44 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 04:15:12 PM by toknormal

I definitely disagree with you on this point! I think all commerce will end up taking place in the last few percent simply because the expected ROI of the masternodes will keep the coins out of the supply when they would have been otherwise.

Do you ?

I wondered about that - what the envisaged relative roles of network collateral vs traded supply was.

Still, I was making more of a technical point than an economic one. I think you need to read my remark again as we both seem to be saying the same thing. The masternode collateral still forms a continuous part of the coin supply - unlike sidechain collateral which doesn't (because it is locked by the system while supporting a secondary currency).

I agree, that only the complimentary element of the coin supply (to the masternode collateral) can circulate, but that's due to an economic value choice made by the holders - not diminished mobility of the supply.

I'm amazed that you see the trading element of the supply being such a minority. The value would have to massively multiply to arrive at sufficient trading liquidity for even a tiny economy. On the other hand, it may make total sense. I need to think about this I think.  Undecided  Look forward to your video.

----------------

EDIT: Ok, I've thought a bit about it. I can see a virtuous cycle being setup between the need for trading liquidity, and the need for a large number of secure full nodes. The greater the valuation --> the more trading liquidity --> the greater the return on running a node --> the more persistent, numerous and is the masternode network --> the more expensive it is to attack the network.

What's missing from this circle is adoption obviously, but that hopefully forms part of the virtuous circle by the network offering increasingly outstanding monetary properties and services to attract commercial adopters.

I might start to like this model  Smiley
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

... I need to think about this I think. ...

I just had to :-)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:06:14 PM

Still, I was making more of a technical point than an economic one. I think you need to read my remark again as we both seem to be saying the same thing. The masternode collateral still forms a continuous part of the coin supply - unlike sidechain collateral which doesn't (because it is locked by the system while supporting a secondary currency).

Ah, I read your post again and we are in agreement.

What's missing from this circle is adoption obviously, but that hopefully forms part of the virtuous circle by the network offering increasingly outstanding monetary properties and services to attract commercial adopters.

I might start to like this model  Smiley

Yep, that's the idea.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:52:14 PM

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a bit gobsmacked by the recent 'leaks' out of the Dash factory.

Am still digesting the implications - so many problems solved with a single technology. Then there's the economic vision on top of that which has totally revised my idea of how the thing will grow. I now see a much smoother and more determinable growth path than just crossing fingers and hoping for 'adoption' to take its course.

If things evolve as projected, the currency will simply be awesome from a user's point of view and a quantum leap from bitcoin - while still retaining all its fundamental blockchain characteristics and commercial interface.

Need to think more about this  Undecided
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

Perhaps, It's time to rebrand Darksend ?

After Dash... maybe Cleansend?  Cheesy

We've made some massive progress on the DS side and the next version will support network wide anonymity, that doesn't obscure UTXO like cryptonote, is instantaneous, has no bload, has blinding and other identity protection built in. We won't require a name anymore for the service, because it's not a service, Dash will just be anonymous by default.

100% Agree with you Evan.
Anynomisation by default is the best way for Dash.

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a bit gobsmacked by the recent 'leaks' out of the Dash factory.

Am still digesting the implications - so many problems solved with a single technology. Then there's the economic vision on top of that which has totally revised my idea of how the thing will grow. I now see a much smoother and more determinable growth path than just crossing fingers and hoping for 'adoption' to take its course.

If things evolve as projected, the currency will simply be awesome from a user's point of view.

Need to think more about this  Undecided

It really is amazing, isn't it? I know that I was recently disappointed when I started messing around with Darksend (believe it or not, I hadn't ever used it on mainnet) and saw how amazingly slow it was, presumably due to lack of mixing partners. Add to that the possible deanonymizing ability if one controls a large number of liquidity providers, and I was starting to become discouraged.

A few days later, Evan "leaks" that Darksend will be instant and blinded, and then follows that up by saying that there won't even be a Darksend anymore, that the feature will just be backed directly into the client by default. Truly incredible.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
gonedark

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

When is the next masternode governance vote and are their any proposals in the pipeline?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:00:14 PM

tok ain't gona jive wit dat

Why won't I ?

Maybe you will, we'll see after the details are public!

... that doesn't obscure UTXO...

That is the part that makes it compatible with Toknormal's perspective.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:10:13 PM

When is the next masternode governance vote and are their any proposals in the pipeline?

https://dashninja.pl/budgets.html

Next superblock will be at block 348936 on ‎7‎-‎10‎-‎2015 ‎15‎:‎21‎:‎51 (3 weeks 19 hours 11 minutes 52 seconds)
1,588.8 DASH unallocated in next super-block

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 06:12:19 PM

https://www.dashwhale.org/index.php?page=budget&action=active
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

When will the whitepaper and cryptographic analysis be done?  It's strange all you post is hocus-pocus marketing terms with no technical details to back up the hype.

Are you going to make a Zerocash type coin, so users get to trust you destroy the mint seed and don't use it to grant yourself unlimited amounts of undetectable coins?   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:33:12 PM

Perhaps, It's time to rebrand Darksend ?

After Dash... maybe Cleansend?  Cheesy

Is this in the 25 page white paper, or the 50 page white paper?  Grin
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 08:22:30 PM

Look who's talking! The criminal asshole scammer!

How much does your sphincter burn now that Evan is not only delivering your last remaining talking point "WHERE IS MASTERNODE BLINDING! OHH SCAM! YOU NEVER DELIVERED BLINDING!!!" [/retard-mode] but no, he even fucking surpasses it overdelivering and ramming this hard rod of improved DarkSend down your prison-ready shitter?!

YOU and your scam company TrashFast were the faggots making "extraordinary claims" with shit for evidence aka non-existent ASICs supposedly faster than anyone else's, stealing shitloads of money from gullible customers and now, deservedly so, you face criminal indictment. I hope you rot in jail.

Evan Duffield delivered on every. single. promise he ever made to this community and no matter how much bullshit you and your gang of hired retards, Moronero trolls and plain scammers produce and throw at him, you will never succeed in hurting DASH, so -considering your life's mission has inevitably failed- kindly kill yourselves. All of you.

patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:55:36 PM

I think it's worth pointing out here that Macrochip's views do not not necessarily represent the Dash community’s views, or Dash's views (yes, the views of the cryptocurrency), just because sometimes when things are said by individuals in the community, some trolls like to imply that the individual is speaking for everyone.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

I think it's worth pointing out here that Macrochip's views do not not necessarily represent the Dash community’s views, or Dash's views (yes, the views of the cryptocurrency), just because sometimes when things are said by individuals in the community, some trolls like to imply that the individual is speaking for everyone.

I won't excuse myself for any outbursts, the forum rules are very clear regarding free speech.
I simply had it with these fools and this is my way of freely expressing it.

Should I change my signature to "Not a DASH representative, never was, never claimed to be. Speaking for myself and myself only!" because common sense seems to be suspended in this forum?

fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:17:52 PM

Look who's talking! The criminal asshole scammer!

How much does your sphincter burn now that Evan is not only delivering your last remaining talking point "WHERE IS MASTERNODE BLINDING! OHH SCAM! YOU NEVER DELIVERED BLINDING!!!" [/retard-mode] but no, he even fucking surpasses it overdelivering and ramming this hard rod of improved DarkSend down your prison-ready shitter?!

YOU and your scam company TrashFast were the faggots making "extraordinary claims" with shit for evidence aka non-existent ASICs supposedly faster than anyone else's, stealing shitloads of money from gullible customers and now, deservedly so, you face criminal indictment. I hope you rot in jail.

Evan Duffield delivered on every. single. promise he ever made to this community and no matter how much bullshit you and your gang of hired retards, Moronero trolls and plain scammers produce and throw at him, you will never succeed in hurting DASH, so -considering your life's mission has inevitably failed- kindly kill yourselves. All of you.

I like how you roll.

Yes, Evan has delivered on everything; no sense in trolling him for giving us glimpses of whats coming.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:20:48 PM

Unfortunately we are about to see another ramp up of trolling as we get closer to the release date for Evan's next whitepaper.

Get ready for the participation of all your favourite cartoon like characters from the pre v12 release, they will be back arguing with good old neck beard 'logic', strawman arguments, straight out lies and much more.

I hope i am wrong, but it's been the typical pattern of behaviour in the build up for all new DASH releases and features.

Here is a site for homework if anyone is interested:

https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

If you have had a read, do you think these trolls are clowns or professional shills?   Wink

EDIT : I hear the dulcet and smoothing sound of circus music from afar....

Obviously. Even hardest case of moron would walk away long ago...
Pages: « 1 ... 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 [5173] 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: