Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:42:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 [5367] 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:49:06 PM

So I'd like to address some of the earlier posts.

First off, to those that felt it necessary to make puerile comments about me, ad hominem attacks weaken your premise. I understand it's hard to see the wood for the trees, but honestly, get over yourselves. You aren't beyond reproach (far from it), and all of you clearly lack the humility and wherewithal to know what you don't know. Shooting the messenger doesn't make you right, it just makes you ignorant. Stating that you are ignorant is not "FUD", it's a statement of fact, but the good news is that ignorance is a state you can escape from.

Now, it's important to understand why this "spork" nonsense is so fundamentally broken. I've seen arguments centred around the "many-eyes" principle of FOSS, and some based on deterministic builds (which is an idiotic argument, and completely misses the point, so I won't be addressing it).

I know that for many of you this is your first open-source project, and your first exposure to the development of security software of any kind, and so you may be unfamiliar with thinking adversarially. You may think that merely because a handful of others glance at the code that it magically makes it secure, but that is not the case. Open-source software i just at risk as closed-source software, except that you're not paying known entities to review the code. Neither approach is a magic bullet.

So how could a backdoor be hidden in the code? If you've ever seen the International Obfuscated C Code Contest you'll know that it is reasonably trivial to make code nearly impossible to read and grok. But have you ever heard of the Underhanded C Contest? If you're familiar with C then I encourage you to take a look at some of the past entries.

The long and the short of it is that it is not unheard of, or particularly difficult, for an obfuscated back door to be slipped into open-source code. But hey - this is a risk in Bitcoin and Monero and other cryptocurrencies, so Dash is fine, right??? Well...for currencies besides Dash the risk is somewhat reduced by the fact that the effects of such a backdoor can immediately be observed, whereas with Dash the "spork" model means that an exploit can be hidden away and only activated at a later stage, or the network can be remotely forked by anyone who holds the spork key.

My conversation with dEBRUYNE was neither secret (it was in a public channel) nor was it incorrect. If you can't understand the implications of what I said then it would behove you to discuss it with me, rather than insulting me.

Fluff...mate..."it's hard to see the wood for the trees"....mmm, yup, too true.

What's simply astounding (apart from your name) is just how many of you Monero people are completely and utterly unclear on what "money" is and what properties it needs to function properly in human society. You're all so consumed by the technobabble of crypto (and how Monero's technobabble is sooooo superior to everyone else's technobabble) you're completely unaware that when the serious investors finally come to crypto, it's not academic puritan crypto-nirvana-tech they're going to look at. It's the overall package of how a crypto currency has been built and whether its properties are aligned to 5000+ years of agreed principles on what makes money...money.

So rather than getting all twisted and upset, given you're here in the Dash thread and we're suffering from the constant buffoonary and shear mindlessnes of the dnaleor's of this world who are so so terribly threatened by Dash (and who are clearly so far out of their depth they're virtually walking around in a forest looking for a tree), why don't you elaborate for us on how Monero's monetary principle's are designed for ultimate acceptance by serious investors in the financial sphere? Start off with how an obscured blockchain facilitates XMR being a base-asset and society being able to trust the supposed monetary units of XMR when there's no way of confirming what amounts are sitting in specific addresses. Then move on to how the XMR blockchain can be verified and trusted.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:54:25 PM

Paper wallets or usb sticks? Nah InstantX to people in the crowd. Preferably to their phones. Boom.
great idea but do we have a mobile wallet that supports instanTX?

By then hopefully..Problem with that idea is getting their addresses. Spose they could just skype/email them to him.. but seems clunky. First 10 messaged addresses from the room gets 10 dash!

Maybe NFC business cards? Anyone that's met the Dash reps face to face would get a random amount then regardless of where they where, not sure if they could hold a wallet file though.

This is the only working NFC wallet that I know of: www.ledgerwallet.com/products/6-ledger-unplugged

I would definitely vote for a budget to get Ledger/btchip to add Dash support.  That would simultanously add compatibility to at least 3 different low-cost hardware wallet options (the NFC card, the rotating usb stick, and the cheap plastic HW.1) for strategic distribution to key people at serious conferences.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:02:59 AM

I would definitely vote for a budget to get Ledger/btchip to add Dash support.  That would simultanously add compatibility to at least 3 different low-cost hardware wallet options (the NFC card, the rotating usb stick, and the cheap plastic HW.1) for strategic distribution to key people at serious conferences.

Ooh, is that feasible? I'd definitely +1 that.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:07:13 AM

Don't start telling people about your idea (and try to get them to buy/pump your coin) before even releasing a paper.

FUD attack vectors:

If dev speaks of the plans => he is a pumper
If dev doesn't speak of the plans => he is profiting from inside knowledge when there will be the eventual release, that only he knows about, leaving investors in the dark so he can acquire himself and the whales and then dump on the late-arrivals of investors, etc etc.

Likewise

If dev discloses market moves about his coins => he is a pumper/dumper based on what he discloses
If dev doesn't disclose market moves about his coins => he is a pumper/dumper based on inside knowledge

If coin name = darkcoin => "haha what a ridiculous name, who will adopt a coin like DARKcoin"
If coin name = changed from darkcoin=> "it was rebranded to wash the scam"

If code comes first, papers later => "where is the paper? This can't be serious without a paper"
If paper comes first, code later => "a fuckin paper? this is a pump based on vaporware"

No matter what is done, the trolls will always find something problematic Cheesy

RenegadeMan

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:20:12 AM

Don't start telling people about your idea (and try to get them to buy/pump your coin) before even releasing a paper.

FUD attack vectors:

If dev doesn't speak of the plans => he is profiting from inside knowledge when there will be the eventual release, that only he knows about, leaving investors in the dark so he can acquire himself and the whales and then dump on the late-arrivals of investors, etc etc.

Likewise

If dev discloses market moves about his coins => he is a pumper/dumper based on what he discloses
If dev doesn't disclose market moves about his coins => he is a pumper/dumper based on inside knowledge

If coin name = darkcoin => "haha what a ridiculous name, who will adopt a coin like DARKcoin"

No matter what is done, the trolls will always find something problematic Cheesy

Yep.

The bottom line is these Monero buffoons CANNOT keep away from this thread as they're just wobbled to pieces by Dash (they're "dashed by Dash" Ha!) and it gets into them and knots them up into a terrible sweaty, worrisome, desperation that forces them to take all manner of stupid actions (that image of dnaleor handing out Dash-attack flyers at Bitcoin Wednesday will go down in history as one of the most extreme examples of a completely and utterly clueless individual openly demonstrating his cluelessness for all and sundry to sit there in gobsmacked awe that someone would stoop to such desperation). Taking every aspect of this project and flipping it into a negative is their standard MO.

I just wish they'd focus on their own project and leave us alone. I'd actually take an interest in Monero if the supposed "devs" (and once again, I'm using that term ever so loosely) actually focused on their work and quit trolling. I simply can't believe that there are people so completely and utterly unaware of how pathetic and deplorable they look coming into this thread and trying to put rubbish on this project and how totally off-putting it is to any outsider. Monero is doomed while ever these people are involved. Even if they all stopped today, it will take years for the reputational damage to be undone and it's probably too late for them.  

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:26:03 AM

I just wish they'd focus on their own project and leave us alone. I'd actually take an interest in Monero if the supposed "devs" (and once again, I'm using that term ever so loosely) actually focused on their work and quit trolling.

Yup I find the Monero presence in this thread to be very negative. Far from leading me to Monero these actions are putting me off. 
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:32:29 AM

Ooh, is that feasible? I'd definitely +1 that.

It's actually very feasible.

The Ledger Wallet already supports altcoins as long as they support BIP39 and BIP 32 (see https://ledgerhq.github.io/btchip-doc/bitcoin-technical.html). No changes to the chip or the firmware are required.

The latest version of electrum already has built-in support for ledger/btchip. Since we now have a working basic version of Electrum for Dash, we could easily get Trezor, keepkey and ledger working on it.  As for the NFC ledgerwallet, I suspect is is currently only usable with Mycellium, so we would have to get them to add Dash support, or add support for it into our own Dash-specific mobile wallet. 
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:37:04 AM

Yep.

The bottom line is these Monero buffoons CANNOT keep away from this thread as they're just wobbled to pieces by Dash (they're "dashed by Dash" Ha!) and it gets into them and knots them up into a terrible sweaty, worrisome, desperation that forces them to take all manner of stupid actions (that image of dnaleor handing out Dash-attack flyers at Bitcoin Wednesday will go down in history as one of the most extreme examples of a completely and utterly clueless individual openly demonstrating his cluelessness for all and sundry to sit there in gobsmacked awe that someone would stoop to such desperation). Taking every aspect of this project and flipping it into a negative is their standard MO.

I just wish they'd focus on their own project and leave us alone. I'd actually take an interest in Monero if the supposed "devs" (and once again, I'm using that term ever so loosely) actually focused on their work and quit trolling. I simply can't believe that there are people so completely and utterly unaware of how pathetic and deplorable they look coming into this thread and trying to put rubbish on this project and how totally off-putting it is to any outsider. Monero is doomed while ever these people are involved. Even if they all stopped today, it will take years for the reputational damage to be undone and it's probably too late for them.  

I have the tendency to be well diversified in terms of anonymous coins, because I believe in the anonymous market in general, but I cut my position in Monero significantly due to their actions and what they imply in terms of actual potential.

If you are after your "opponents" with every dirty trick in the book, then it only means you do not *really* believe you can excel with your own means / abilities. Otherwise you wouldn't do this kind of stuff. Flyers against dash? Seriously? This lack in self-trust is a bad recipe for going forward. I would extend this rationale further but I still hold some XMR - and not necessarily by choice, but rather due to the price being quite low to dump. If it ever goes back up, I'll dump it for dash. It's nothing major to move the market btw, so I'm not telling it as a threat or something. I'm just too tired of this situation and I'll also save myself some time reading multiple threads. If people want battle lines drawn and all bridges cut between XMR, DASH etc, so be it. It wasn't my choice. IF they want a toxic environment they'll be left alone to suffocate in this toxicity.

Interestingly, there were much easier and technical ways to attack DASH, even much cheaper than paying trolls, but they didn't even have the brain to do this.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:40:51 AM

FUD attack vectors:

Likewise

If code comes first, papers later => "where is the paper? This can't be serious without a paper"
If paper comes first, code later => "a fuckin paper? this is a pump based on vaporware"

LMAO !  Great post.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:51:32 AM

sigh …  .00757 … where does it end ?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:52:48 AM

.....fundamentally broken....

So brake the fucking thing and lets get this over with.

What, can't break it?

Then you don't actually have a point as such. Your talk is cheap.

Your number one weapon is not a tool with flyers, it's the ability to just crack wide open this project with nothing more than a keyboard.

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:12:16 AM

My conclusion about all this:

Q:Two persons from DASH meet together, what did they talk about? ....
A:DASH.

Q:Two persons from Monero meet together, what did they talk about? ....
A:DASH!

I think we are good...
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:16:05 AM

Every time I click to read the next page my place is lost due to incessant deletions of past content. If the goal of deleting old or unnecessary posts is to make the thread easier to read, then it has been a complete failure.

People may stop reading altogether if they have no stable point of reference from which to start or continue their reading.  

It is like if you're in the middle of a long novel and when you turn the page you're suddenly reading the final chapter and have spoiled the ending.  Now if you still want to go back and dutifully continue reading from your prior position, you must search through every page to find it, spoiling the rest of the content in the process.  Who wants to read backwards!?
That goes this way:
Trolls do some trolling, than ppl react and respond. Then trolls report those responses to moderator and he deletes, often with trolling.
So pls don't respond to trolls in a way they want you to
Bigr please can you repeat your nice post about paid/known trolls?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:26:03 AM

These proposals are getting bolder and bolder, i love it.

"3rd Latin American Bitcoin Conference 2015 - Mexico City - $3.808.00

Beyond that we (Daniel and I) are requesting that our flights and hotel be refunded as follows:
Evans flight cost: $564
Daniels flight cost: $644
Hotel cost will be approximately $150 a night for each of us, totally $900.

The North American Bitcoin Conference - BTC Miami - $4160.00

Another recent announcement was made for our appearance at BTC Miami on January 26th! This is going to be our platform for officially showing a prototype and much more information about work on Dash Evolution.

We (Daniel and I) request that our flights and hotel costs be refunded as follows:
Evan’s flight cost: $350
Daniel’s flight cost: $610
Hotel cost will be approximately $200 a night for each of us, totaling $1200"

If i was Evan i would go straight for a Maserati proposal in December. I mean, he's already traveling for free all around the world thanks to the delusioned bagholders. Why not more ? Maybe some apartaments all over the world so he could avoid the hotel fees ? Think about it...

Anyways,

#REKTosaurus Mexico first ?

How nice that Evan & Friends can use Dash as their own personal slush fund and piggy bank.   Roll Eyes

Perhaps Expensify can have a feature where expenses, instead of being reimburse through legitimate means, are payed off via the automated launch of an instamined scam-coin.

Still under 100 BTC in bids. The market does not like the uncertainty created by potentially unlimited expenditures being authorized via votes weighted in favor of instamining devs.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:29:50 AM

self-bump for visibility in the deep, wide sea of troll...

Linux users, cast your votes easily (and securely!) with dashman!

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

Code:
git clone https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman.git
dashman/dashman vote

So far, only 16% of you masternode owners have voted on Novembers proposals.

No excuses, use my script! It doesn't get any easier! Smiley

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
RenegadeMan

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:30:57 AM

I think we are good...

One of the two DASH people chatting has his concentration broken for a moment by something tickling his ankle. He looks down then slowly up again to see the two Monero people standing a stones throw away peering over to see if their latest attack weapon "FluffyPuppy" is having an impact.....

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:31:19 AM

I have the tendency to be well diversified in terms of anonymous coins, because I believe in the anonymous market in general, but I cut my position in Monero significantly due to their actions and what they imply in terms of actual potential.

Some people might find this hard to believe, but I was a Monero early adopter. Bought a load on the old Cryptonote exchange when it first opened.

As I remember I offloaded most of it around 0.009 which is kind of inconceivable by today's standards (I think iCEBREAKER's now carrying my old bags actually).

It was ok while it was on the exchange - using it on the blockchain was when I had my "Road to Damascus" experience. Making something almost impossible to use & verify due to complete blockchain obscurity kind of feels like someone making you wear boxing gloves to use a sewing needle in the name of 'protecting your fingers'  Wink

Each to their own.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:31:52 AM

I think we are good...

ROFL - this is gold but so true.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:01:23 AM

sigh …  .00757 … where does it end ?
the road goes on forever and the party never ends  Wink
https://youtu.be/v3zSp_uhjcI

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:05:24 AM

Every time I click to read the next page my place is lost due to incessant deletions of past content. If the goal of deleting old or unnecessary posts is to make the thread easier to read, then it has been a complete failure.

I can't offer a suggestion for browsing historic posts, but I keep this bookmark in my bookmarks bar to always take me to the new (unread) posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

HTH

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Pages: « 1 ... 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 [5367] 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: