Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 [5433] 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:28:42 PM

MMh, Monero... Where have I heard this before?

Yes, here, in the Dash thread. Every day, several times, by a desperate salesman called Icebreaker a crowd of sock puppets  Grin
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:32:00 PM

Did you even read that "Vote" thread? That doesn't look good at all. There was a hard cap of 84 million, yet the vote option says that the coins were to be issued forever. And Evan never responds again to clarify. How is this a legitimate vote?

Holy shit, the more you look the more of a scam this is. Keep digging your own grave idiots!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:39:44 PM

Keep digging your own grave idiots!

Well if I had a shovel. Unfortunately you've been hogging it  Wink
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:40:40 PM

You sound increasingly desperate, I understand why.

fraudulent reduction in coin emission

Why is changing the emission fraudulent in your opinion? Who was scammed by it? If the miners want to mine that fork and if the users choose to use it then we have a consensus.

There is no International Law of Crypto Currency Emission that says you can't change the emission. There are plenty of coins that haven't changed it, so use them if you can't accept one that has.

I wouldn't bother with  this moron!  Its obvious they are still trying to grasp at glass straws...and frankly its irrelevant what  a hand full of douche bags think!  Believe me, don't believe me ...couldn't care less...oh And DrkLvr/Adam....no I'm not going to prove shit to  you about anything.   Kiss

Probably trying to bury this:

They get very active when new stuff is announced which is probably why they spend way more time here than in the monero threads Grin
Very nice.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 06:43:26 PM

The first problem with obscure blockchains is to do with engendering confidence and integrity of the entire monetary ecosystem. Crypto's are attempting to be 'unbacked money'. That's a tall order. So if there's no worldwide, transparent, societally endorsed consensus over blockchain movements then you have a recipe for disaster - a confidence bomb just waiting to implode. All it takes is one dodgy wallet and a lot of rumour, then nobody knows what the f*ck's going on on that blockchain and everybody dumps "just in case".

How do you think bitcoin survived all its various hammerings and media shitstorms over the Mt Gox debacle, the malleability scaremongering, and the rest ? Because throughought everything there were 10's of thousands of people every day scrutinising this type of publicly endorsed information, verifying their wallet balances from two or three sources, checking the progress of confirmations, squaring off balances between addresses and so on.

Say what you like about privacy, but if you don't have at least that level of verifiable transparency in an unbacked monetary system, you don't have squat.

The second problem with so called 'obscured blockchains' is that they conflict with traditional age-old distinction between cash and credit. These are two well understood, forms of exchange who's priorities and properties are almost mutually exlusive.

Cash is fungible, anonymous and public (i.e. it's out in the open' not managed behind closed doors by a trusted third party)
Credit is not fungible , not anonymous and therefore needs to be kept private (managed behind closed doors by a trusted third party)

Crypto is a peer-to-peer monetary medium. It therefore needs to adopt the cash model, not the credit one and so the anonymous, publicy accountable blockchain applies. In that context, confidence and value are maximised by supporting the levels of transparency that bitcoin has, and transaction privacy derives from the inability of observers to make much of a distinction between the coins at one address and those at another.

See here for more info. (And here).

The problem with DashHoles isn't that they know so little, but rather they know so much that just isn't true.

Please seek education on the basics of ring signatures and homomorphic functions before further embarrassing yourself.

Here, I'll help.

bitcoins with homomorphic value (validatable but encrypted)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305791.0
The starting point is it is known in the literature that you can do additively homomorphic encryption, and there are also zero-knowldge proofs of less than.  (Proving E(a)+E(b)=E(a+b) is not enough you also have to prove that the attacker did not add n to his balance during the process as the addition is modulo n, the order of the group, not normal arithmetic.)  Its more efficient to do less than a power of 2, but arbitrary values are possible by composition (all values are buildable from power of 2 ranges after all).

https://people.xiph.org/~greg/confidential_values.txt
The basic tool that CT is based on is a Pedersen commitment.

A commitment scheme lets you keep a piece of data secret but commit to
it so that you cannot change it later. A simple commitment scheme can
be constructed using a cryptographic hash:

commitment = SHA256( blinding_factor || data )

If you tell someone only the commitment then they cannot determine
what data you are committing to (given certain assumptions about the
properties of the hash), but you can later reveal both the data and the
blinding factor and they can run the hash and verify that the data you
committed to matches. The blinding factor is present because without one,
someone could try guessing at the data; if your data is small and simple,
it might be easy to just guess it and compare the guess to the commitment.

A Pedersen commitment works like the above but with an additional
property: commitments can be added, and the sum of a set of commitments
is the same as a commitment to the sum of the data (with a blinding key
set as the sum of the blinding keys):

C(BF1, data1) + C(BF2, data2) == C(BF1 + BF2, data1 + data2)
  C(BF1, data1) - C(BF1, data1) == 0

In other words, the commitment preserves addition and the commutative
property applies.

If data_n = {1,1,2} and BF_n = {5,10,15} then:

C(BF1, data1) + C(BF2, data2) - C(BF3, data3) == 0

and so on.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:45:49 PM

Monero is dead in the water...good riddance, I say...

https://forum.bitcoin.com/ama-ask-me-anything/i-m-gary-le-co-founder-of-moneta-the-world-s-first-implementation-of-zerocoin-ama-t2408.html
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:47:50 PM

Please seek education on the basics of ring signatures and homomorphic functions

rotfwl !  Are you serious ?

Next time there's a dispute over payment in my client's ordering department I'll advise them to use that line: "Please seek education on the basics of ring signatures and homomorphic functions"

I'm sure they'll love it  Wink
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:50:49 PM

On another thread I was berated for smashing trolls. Seriously, I got it worse than the actual trolls! I like this thread better.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:54:17 PM

Did you even read that "Vote" thread? That doesn't look good at all. There was a hard cap of 84 million, yet the vote option says that the coins were to be issued forever. And Evan never responds again to clarify. How is this a legitimate vote?

Keep digging your own grave idiots!

Well if I had a shovel. Unfortunately you've been hogging it  Wink

Well aren't you clever!  Are you so threatened by the illegitimate vote that you can't even quote my full response? Nothing to say about that either?  Roll Eyes

Dash Sad
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:36:22 PM

On another thread I was berated for smashing trolls. Seriously, I got it worse than the actual trolls! I like this thread better.

We're pretty nice here, except to the trolls, LOL. 

The thing about Dash, and it's leader, Evan, is that they have a clear objective.  Make a currency that is as easy for the public to use as cash and gives the user just as much anonymity.  And make an interface (API) that can be used for outside projects to easily utilize the masternode network for other needs. 

Dash is focusing on being cash, but it also focuses on self preservation and ability to thrive.  Therefore we now have a voting system, where the public can speak up about issues or proposals, but Masternode owners, because of their vested interests, do the voting.  The logic is that they have Dash's best interests in mind.  However, the council of the public is easily viewed and spread via forums etc... to the MN owners.  And I hope there will eventually be a distributed forum just for proposals some day, so that the forum can not be taken down, can be accessed a number of ways, but acts like a single forum.  In this way everyone's voice can be heard.

And of course the budgeting system has already enabled  us to pay for Evan and others to attend conferences, including the upcoming conferences in Mexico City and the Miami conference.  Not to mention it will be paying for the acquisition of Dash.org and continues to pay for Core Developers and other projects that have been given the green light.

Evan has stated in his video series where he explains things really well.  I especially like how he sees the Dash project taking the best of how centralized corporations function efficiently in certain areas and applying that to a distributed project.  The things centralized corporations do better than cryptos currently do, enables them to be used in a simple fashion for the average user.  He's talked about this in the Bitcoin Wednesday presentation and his Q&A from the same presentation

This project goes way beyond a simple crypto currency, but rather builds it into an entity that anyone can plug into via the DAPI (distributed api) and can fund itself as well as make decisions via "wisdom of the crowd" according to Evan.  not sure if that's a quote he borrowed or made up himself, but it's pretty good Smiley

Not specifically pointed at you, volyova, I just like to make a review on this thread once in a while, so new comers know what this project is about Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:55:25 PM

We're pretty nice here, except to the trolls, LOL. 

The thing about Dash, and it's leader, Evan, is that they have a clear objective.  Make a currency that is as easy for the public to use as cash and gives the user just as much anonymity.  And make an interface (API) that can be used for outside projects to easily utilize the masternode network for other needs. 

Dash is focusing on being cash, but it also focuses on self preservation and ability to thrive.  Therefore we now have a voting system, where the public can speak up about issues or proposals, but Masternode owners, because of their vested interests, do the voting.  The logic is that they have Dash's best interests in mind.  However, the council of the public is easily viewed and spread via forums etc... to the MN owners.  And I hope there will eventually be a distributed forum just for proposals some day, so that the forum can not be taken down, can be accessed a number of ways, but acts like a single forum.  In this way everyone's voice can be heard.

And of course the budgeting system has already enabled  us to pay for Evan and others to attend conferences, including the upcoming conferences in Mexico City and the Miami conference.  Not to mention it will be paying for the acquisition of Dash.org and continues to pay for Core Developers and other projects that have been given the green light.

Evan has stated in his video series where he explains things really well.  I especially like how he sees the Dash project taking the best of how centralized corporations function efficiently in certain areas and applying that to a distributed project.  The things centralized corporations do better than cryptos currently do, enables them to be used in a simple fashion for the average user.  He's talked about this in the Bitcoin Wednesday presentation and his Q&A from the same presentation

This project goes way beyond a simple crypto currency, but rather builds it into an entity that anyone can plug into via the DAPI (distributed api) and can fund itself as well as make decisions via "wisdom of the crowd" according to Evan.  not sure if that's a quote he borrowed or made up himself, but it's pretty good Smiley

Not specifically pointed at you, volyova, I just like to make a review on this thread once in a while, so new comers know what this project is about Smiley
Well, thank-you so much.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:59:18 PM

Are you new to Dash, volyova?  Some people hang in the background, but have been following a long time Wink  Anyway, if you should still be rather new to Dash, we're always happy to explain things, like what makes Dash unique.  I'm a fanhag myself, and could go on and on  Lips sealed Grin Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:26:27 PM

but but but.. who is gonna bump our thread then ?  Huh

to trolls : pls continue, you all are really having an impact here... honestly.

edit : oh darn, no reply. i think ceti drove them away. come backkkkk !!!! we neeedddd you guys !!!!

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:35:17 PM

Are you new to Dash, volyova?  Some people hang in the background, but have been following a long time Wink  Anyway, if you should still be rather new to Dash, we're always happy to explain things, like what makes Dash unique.  I'm a fanhag myself, and could go on and on  Lips sealed Grin Cheesy
Yes, I am a Dashnewb! It's quite a complex thing isn't it. Still trying to get my head around all the technical aspects, but I'll get there. I've been a miner for like..three years.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:37:17 PM

You hope! LOL, you better fucking hope as well  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:44:28 PM

It hired someone to 'clean up the code'.

That is one small crowdfunded project, responsible for maybe a half dozen commits, not at all core to the 1200+ commits.
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:59:38 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.

But it is the real problem for Monero. Most of respectable people don't want to join a company of morons.

I have heard it many times on Russian forums (and have the same feelings personally): monero's technology is relatively OK, but community around it is awful.

volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:11:30 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.
Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I do hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see as their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:20:26 PM

Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

I still have one for v2, what's it to you?

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.
Where would we all be now if Satoshi had kept his precious code all to his selfish self? Not here, not in this wonderful position, I can tell you. Fortunately for hope, not everyone in the world is as greedy as you.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:27:01 PM

Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

I still have one for v2, what's it to you?

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.

no one in the 'core' leadership has come out and distanced themselves from the trolling, they have taken part in it.....

I haven't seen smooth or fluffypony or the others constantly coming here and saying the same shit. iCEBREAKER and dnalor, yeah, maybe.

According to the Dash anti-criticism brigade, anyone who is critical about anything related to Dash is a troll who is trolling. Especially core team members who are secretly from Finland and living in a castle.
Pages: « 1 ... 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 [5433] 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: