Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 [5434] 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722721 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:37:13 PM

he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.

You think he's the only one with any idea how it work.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:39:48 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.
Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

I still have one for v2, what's it to you?

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.

no one in the 'core' leadership has come out and distanced themselves from the trolling, they have taken part in it.....

I haven't seen smooth or fluffypony or the others constantly coming here and saying the same shit. iCEBREAKER and dnalor, yeah, maybe.

According to the Dash anti-criticism brigade, anyone who is critical about anything related to Dash is a troll who is trolling. Especially core team members who are secretly from Finland and living in a castle.

I've been critical of it, but at least some of my concerns were answered quickly by Evan, who had pretty reasonable answers. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.
I heard that you are really young. Maybe you should stop posting in forums until you've grown up a bit?
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:45:53 PM

he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.

You think he's the only one with any idea how it work.

No one else seems to answer.
He's the brain.

And seem to work better than all brains of trolleros together.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:46:38 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.
Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.

no one in the 'core' leadership has come out and distanced themselves from the trolling, they have taken part in it.....

I haven't seen smooth or fluffypony or the others constantly coming here and saying the same shit. iCEBREAKER and dnalor, yeah, maybe.

According to the Dash anti-criticism brigade, anyone who is critical about anything related to Dash is a troll who is trolling. Especially core team members who are secretly from Finland and living in a castle.

I've been critical of it, but at least some of my concerns were answered quickly by Evan, who had pretty reasonable answers. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.
I heard that you are really young. Maybe you should stop posting in forums until you've grown up a bit?

Not that young. Besides, you haven't even presented any argument - unless you consider a vague assertion of immaturity an argument.
I'd rather not argue (with a child), if you don't mind. I believe I've stated my position clearly enough. Goodbye.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:46:47 PM

I happen to think that Wolf0 is one of the few reasonable skeptics we have, and tend to enjoy his posts. They are very mature and thoughtful. Let's not be dicks.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:48:37 PM

Not that young. Besides, you haven't even presented any argument - unless you consider a vague assertion of immaturity an argument.
Man when you come here with monero line at the bottom it is great honor to get Evan's answer, trust me. And he answered because he think you were interested, other that we ( well many of ppl here) know a lot around forums. Other team members might see you come here as part of moroneros. Just don't explain here how monero is this or that.
For me you are at edge of trolling, obvoiously not understanding community here. Most if not all don't give a shit about monero.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:56:36 PM

Are you new to Dash, volyova?  Some people hang in the background, but have been following a long time Wink  Anyway, if you should still be rather new to Dash, we're always happy to explain things, like what makes Dash unique.  I'm a fanhag myself, and could go on and on  Lips sealed Grin Cheesy
Yes, I am a Dashnewb! It's quite a complex thing isn't it. Still trying to get my head around all the technical aspects, but I'll get there. I've been a miner for like..three years.

Yah, it's hard to get your head around, but if you kind of take it from the beginning, the mixing, first like coinjoin, then denominating the funds so that they're the same and finally mixing before use, so that you can have you wallet ready to use any time after mixing.  Even in the begining, this required Masternodes.

Then came instantX which grew out of Masternodes.  Evan realized that he could use quorum technology to randomly group masternodes together, and have them make decisions on whether or not a transaction is valid.  They would lock the transaction, so no double spending could occur and send it on to the miners.  This is now going to be the base of how all of Dash works.  There will be many random quorums built between each block, and those quorums will sort through all the transactions, checking for double spends, etc... making transaction processing fast enough to rival Visa with all transactions being instant.

Masternodes also gave rise to a voting system

Then we realized, with a voting system, we could have a portion of the mining rewards go toward project proposals, just like a portion goes to pay Masternodes.

AT that point we became a self funded virtual corporation.

Now, with Evolution,  the aforementioned "every transaction will be instant" will be implemented (right now you have to choose instant payment, and pay a tiny fee) and there will be a DAPI in place.  This is a Distributed Applications Programming Interface, which will allow anyone to build an application for Dash that can run queries on the network.  So anyone can make their own wallet, their own search tools, etc.... on top of the Dash Network without the need to access the core program source in the repository, or need to ask permission.

And from that point, anything is virtually possible!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:56:49 PM

I happen to think that Wolf0 is one of the few reasonable skeptics we have, and tend to enjoy his posts. They are very mature and thoughtful. Let's not be dicks.

+ 1
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:01:48 PM

Sorry you're not suitably indulged, but in case you hadn't noticed, this is probably the most open thread on the whole of bitcointalk. Unlike your own where censoring "off-topic posts" is "de rigueur".

Anybody is free to post here and furthermore their opinions are largely their own - not those of the Dash "coin staff" (who are all too busy pursuing well defined strategic project objectives to be wasting their time on here sparring with fertiliser material).

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:01:58 PM

Seriously, Wolf0, you'd have to be blind.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:13:38 PM

Sorry you're not suitably indulged, but in case you hadn't noticed, this is probably the most open thread on the whole of bitcointalk. Unlike your own where censoring "off-topic posts" is "de rigueur".

You're either confused or poorly informed (or both).

There is a 100% open unmoderated Monero ANN thread (still subject to forum rules of course): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

There is also a moderated Dash price and trading thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.0

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:26:06 PM

I would agree.  Respectful criticism and always questioning things is how we learn as a species. Is when it crosses over to harsh trolling and nauseating rehashing of the same old shit that one crosses the line.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:28:35 PM

LOL... And now lets cue smooth. Hahahaha

Seriously, Wolf0, you'd have to be blind.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:35:35 PM

There is a 100% open unmoderated Monero ANN thread (still subject to forum rules of course): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

Well observed, though I trust the irony will be lost on you.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:38:46 PM

There is also a moderated Dash price and trading thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.0

Ahhh, you mean my thread. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention here, i appreciate it.
Feel free to post in there guys, if iCEY can post in there .. so can you guys.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:42:36 PM by g4q34g4qg47ww

Pages and pages of Monero bagholders arguing about a coin they consider an scam. Tireless efforts of our resident Monero trolls repeating the same every day and sock puppets with very lame names just increasing the size of this thread trying to make it unreadable. They are not going to win.

The situation here is something any rational investor can think about. They are here because they are scared.

Fuck the trolls, Evan & team are doing a great job.

If you think Wolf0 is a troll.. then you've had tunnel vision for a long long time. Wolf0 writes ridiculously optimized miners for any algorithms or POWs even if they are 0day faster than anyone. The fact you think he is a troll is a display of awful groupthink and a shame. If anyone knows code and crypto its him, and you should listen to yer elders.

No he is just saying that he got the Monero developer disease which is coming here crying out loud about Evan because they can compete after copying Bytecoin....oooooooo sh!t I said it lol. CRY"P"TO here in to forums developers

P.S Are you still jealous of that 14.5k DASH I got from Mintpal? lol that made me lol when u wrote it and then delete ur post.

Oh. You must be referring to when mintpal was defrauded, and accidentally sent you 14.5k drk that you had not paid for, and literally belonged to other members of the drk community. Sure, I'm jealous you got 14.5k drk for free... but i wouldn't feel too proud about it if I were you. You got lucky, good for you. Doesn't mean you know your ass from your elbow. How about you bring up the fact I said I wish I had 14.5k drk for free next time I comment on something completely unrelated... that will definitely push the conversation along.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:01:17 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:43:48 PM by g4q34g4qg47ww

this coin is far from anonymous

Shame you can't demonstrate that by de-anonymising a darksent address.

Well, being a lowly crypto nerd without the resources to either backdoor or subpoena the top three server providers for masternodes, unfortunately you are correct. However, the word "anonymous" does not come with the stipulation that you must be a lowly crypto nerd without those resources, it means untraceable. Considering the fact that the majority of masternodes are being run with unmixed coins, sending subpoenas to just a few server providers and perhaps backdooring a few other ones would paint a rather clear picture of a large number of individuals who are involved in this project (i.e. the ones who are mixing). Get your hands on that info, create db of all transactions related to those address.. and you start to have quite a bit of the people "mixing" exposed, which in some cases would completely expose your "mixing attempt" and in other cases just eliminate possiblities, identify new parties, narrowing down possiblities. Let a guv bot run through all that info and the word "anonymous" is not much of a proper fit.

* Throw in subpoenas to 3 or 4 US internet providers (bc you all set up your MNs all over the globe but almost all of you live in the US) as well as timing attacks.... that's all without owning any any coins. Throw in 17 nodes trying to mix and acting as sybil....

Masternodes were live and being paid before mixing was particularly functional on any level. From when there were 40mns to about 1000mns mixing was pretty much unusable, and almost everyone used Amazon AWS, for which you must provide your identity.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:10:36 PM

Someone has been busy  Grin Feel free to participate on those Dash forums guys....

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/43090-iphone-dashwallet-release/
http://mmctalk.com/index.php?threads/iphone-dashwallet-release.179/
https://forum.bitcoin.com/dash/iphone-dashwallet-release-t2827.html?sid=a6549ee02fbdd3dd8b8066ba8ac14422

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:18:33 PM

I'd rather not argue (with a child), if you don't mind. I believe I've stated my position clearly enough. Goodbye.

It takes a truly weak mind to base their arguments purely on someone's age. Congratulations volvoya, you will fit right in with the rest of these Darktards!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384298/Student-15-way-Harvard-accepted-13-universities.html
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:24:01 PM

It takes a truly weak mind to base their arguments purely on someone's age. Congratulations volvoya, you will fit right in with the rest of these Darktards!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384298/Student-15-way-Harvard-accepted-13-universities.html
Young people may be good at some things, it's true. But because they don't have much life-experience, they always lack wisdom (and not only young people).
Pages: « 1 ... 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 [5434] 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: