Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:12:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 [6997] 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
gadado2

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 03:48:46 PM

Pang, you raise some good points and like you I am dismayed that the DCG_Compo proposal appears to be passing.  The issue as I see it is that there are too few good men left in Dash.  All the people that would have voted NO on this proposal with us have already sold and left.  This leaves a concentration of fools that actually agree with the (in)actions of the DCG CEO Ryan Taylor.  It is really hard getting the required votes to make the change.  What I expect will happen is if this proposal passes, some of the NO voters will give and up sell and DCG's approval rating will rise.  Ryan will celebrate himself and point to the super majority of yes votes as confirmation he is doing a great job.

I am missing something. How does voteing NO to the DCG_Compo proposal equals a step down of the CEO Ryan?
Wouldn't a NO more simple mean all devlopment is halted because no one gets payed anymore for doing anything?

I never really saw Ryan as a fit for DASH's CEO and I sure had preffered another one more like Evan has been but also say Ryan steps down and a new one comes in how do you expect that to change anything? Usually when a CEO replacement cycles begins in a company it is the very end of said company. Experienced this enough already. The company will be bought by some one and trashed and left as a shadow of what it was before puped controlled or die in complete.
Sure if you find the "right" one ... but that ever happening would be a novoum to me.

I never voted and I guess a lot do not vote because it is not so easy (*). Whenever I tried it it didn't work and then there was never a reason for me to really vote with exception of maybe the miner reward ratio to really bother enough to get it working. Last I know is that I couldn't generate an explicite voteing address for the MN because it was not supported. So shrug. Had enough to do to get those MNs working again after moocowmoo left them for dieing.

You see I am a potential sleeping voter like probabily others and could be activated if triggered correctly when there is something really important. However I guess I stay out because I do not see how a NO vote leads to anything improveing the current situation.

(*) My main problem is that I can not vote from the MN collateral value simple because it is offline encoded and stored and not simple at all to access. It's a day work at least and then there is eighter taking the risk to bring it online which is a no go for me or work with offline signation. Very unpracticable.

So the only way I am going to vote if I can do it from a normal empty DASH Client without the collaterals. I am not up to date anymore if this is possible now. If so I can give it a try.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 08:00:59 PM

Any idiot understands that this vote is not against DCG, nor against its roadmap, nor against its developers...

It is only a vote for Ryan to delegate his position to new candidates who must be endorsed by the network to replace him.

In this way, it will be the network itself that has been right or wrong with the new choice.

If this team is not trained to understand this, well, with the budget that DCG currently burns, many other groups of people will appear who can replace them, but in a democratic way.

Nobody here asks you to work for free, they only ask you to keep your word. I have been hearing since 2017 that EVO was almost ready, and we are in 2022 and we continue with this time, yes, everything is ready... what if we take another two or three years?

How much budget has DCG funded in the last five years and what has it given us?

Where will Dash be, where will its funding capacity be?

I don't suffer because someone who doesn't do their job well is fired or has to resign. That's the way things are, and it's nothing personal. It's just business.

A greeting and the best for all of you.
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 08:44:03 PM

You guys are still bickering about this crap coin?  I guess someone has to go down with the ship.

Here's something to think about.

On 12/16/2017 BTC was around $19,000 US dollars and DASH was around $1,100

Today 02/22/2022 BTC is around $38,000 US dollars and DASH is around $92

BTC has increased 200% while DASH has decreased to about 7% of the value it had back in 2017.

I'm still waiting for DASH to overtake BTC.  Is there a date for that to occur?  Just exactly what functions are these Masternodes performing these days?

What about all the Real World Adoption that was coming?  Didn't you guys get the memo?  You can't have real world adoption when all of the coins are in the hands of a couple dozen individuals.  

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 10:57:19 PM

This is an important one.

Ryan Taylor the Dash Core Group CEO steps down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/syx605/ryan_taylor_steps_down_as_dcg_ceo/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DCG_Comp_Mar_Jun

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pang.

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 07:31:25 AM

Once again, the Dash network has shown that it is capable of organizing itself in a short time to democratically make known who does or does not do things in the way that the network itself considers correct.

Ryan's resignation is something that perhaps should have happened differently.

I always said that to ratify you in a relevant position within Dash, it is the DAO itself who has to choose it.

Evan at the time "ran away" from Dash and left Ryan to carry out his duties, but it was not done in a democratic way. It was an inherited position.

If tomorrow the DAO democratically elects one or more people to run DCG, and Ryan himself stands for those elections and is elected, it will be the dash network that has ratified him, and it will be the dash network that bears the consequences.

In this new time that is beginning, new candidates will appear to be in charge of DCG, they may be new faces or old acquaintances... that is indifferent. The really important thing is to make it clear that it will be the MN who will vote, and that vote should be ratified every two or three years, indisputably.

Some think that Dash has lost, but no, he has not lost. It has shown once again that the network is free to choose, giving a wake-up call to the main person in charge of DCG.

This would be unthinkable in currencies like ETH for example.

In the long run we will be stronger.

The question remains of knowing what would have happened with a Dash price of $500

Greetings and best for you. Health
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:38:40 AM

(*) My main problem is that I can not vote from the MN collateral value simple because it is offline encoded and stored and not simple at all to access. It's a day work at least and then there is eighter taking the risk to bring it online which is a no go for me or work with offline signation. Very unpracticable.

Hi Gadado2, please review my guide on how to create a perfect masternode, it makes voting so much easier, you really should vote without those votes we have a tough time improving Dash.  Feel free to contact me personally for more information.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/how-to-create-the-perfect-masternode.52717/#post-229848
gadado2

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:28:25 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 11:40:31 AM by gadado2

Hi Gadado2, please review my guide on how to create a perfect masternode, it makes voting so much easier, you really should vote without those votes we have a tough time improving Dash.  Feel free to contact me personally for more information.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/how-to-create-the-perfect-masternode.52717/#post-229848

Thanks I think I will check the next time I open my command and collection wallet about the voeting.

Actually when the new registration system came out it is what I tried to do..proper separating and isolating the collateral from all the rest.

So the MN's all do payouts to the one command and collection wallet which I tempoary put online every maybe 2 or 3 month to empty it out (*).
It's also the wallet I send the registrations and restarts commandos from and likely also will have the voteing addresses although like said on registration it wasn't possible to have an independent voteing address. That means one of those addresses hopefully in the command and collection wallet is also my voteing address. Therefore I guess it should work to vote with it. I will see then.
Anyway I really only will vote when there is something important but i might miss it because I only read this forum.

(*) doesn't means selling..I just move them to some other place. The decition of selling coins depends on other things.Just saying this because we had it about the miner MNs owner relation and who is selling.

I have been hearing since 2017 that EVO was almost ready, and we are in 2022 and we continue with this time, yes, everything is ready... what if we take another two or three years?

That's exactly how it should not have been and bothers me too. How could that happen. Let one wonder where the development money went to. But more than that all the world marked penetrations seems to have stalled. So even if you come out with EVO now ...who is going to use it?
Pang.

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 12:07:13 PM

Hi Gadado2, please review my guide on how to create a perfect masternode, it makes voting so much easier, you really should vote without those votes we have a tough time improving Dash.  Feel free to contact me personally for more information.

Thanks I think I will check the next time I open my command and collection wallet about the voeting.

Actually when the new registration system came out it is what I tried to do..proper separating and isolating the collateral from all the rest.

So the MN's all do payouts to the one command and collection wallet which I tempoary put online every maybe 2 or 3 month to empty it out (*).
It's also the wallet I send the registrations and restarts commandos from and likely also will have the voteing addresses although like said on registration it wasn't possible to have an independent voteing address. That means one of those addresses hopefully in the command and collection wallet is also my voteing address. Therefore I guess it should work to vote with it. I will see then.
Anyway I really only will vote when there is something important but i might miss it because I only read this forum.

(*) doesn't means selling..I just move them to some other place. The decition of selling coins depends on other things.Just saying this because we had it about the miner MNs owner relation and who is selling.

I have been hearing since 2017 that EVO was almost ready, and we are in 2022 and we continue with this time, yes, everything is ready... what if we take another two or three years?

That's exactly how it should not have been and bothers me too. How could that happen. Let one wonder where the development money went to. But more than that all the world marked penetrations seems to have stalled. So even if you come out with EVO now ...who is going to use it?

A budget of thousands of dollars should be audited by the network itself when it comes to rendering accounts and achieving objectives.

I can ask the 2000 Dash network and promise that I will develop with my team a decentralized payment network, social network, storage and everything in a few months.

I'll get my 2000 Dash, I'll do nothing, and time will pass. Then I'll say I'm sorry, I need another 2000 Dash and another six months... so long as there are fools who believe me. I'll fill my pocket and then I'll disappear

this is OK?

I'm not saying that was Ryan's intention. But analyzing it as an investor, I cannot approve of the management carried out in the last five years.

We have seen projects that have applied for funding from the network for years. Some have managed to finance themselves and others have lost interest and have lost financing.

From now on, approved budgets should be linked to achievements with their obvious margin of error. We can hire 25 developers who play GTA all day long, or we can have 10 of those 25 that are extraordinary, 10 that are average, and 5 that are mediocre. Should everyone get paid the same?

I don't know if you know where I'm trying to get to. I just think that if we dilute the value of Dash by issuing coins for the development budget, that development will need to return value to Dash in a fundamental way.

For example Crowdnode, has requested funding, and it has been delivered. it will give Dash an added value, and over time Crowdnode will not need more funding because it will be self-financing with its project, while making Dash better.

This is what we have to look for.

More than a year ago...maybe two. I announced that Dash would lose the top 100 capitalization.

This is going to happen inevitably.

Coin constantly dilutes value (miner, MN, budget)

It is normal that if Dash does not deliver more added value than it dilutes, the price will go down.

Apple can dilute thousands of shares each year, and gain value.

why? Well, because every time it delivers better and more demanded technology. This makes it no matter that there are more stocks on the market because people use apple.

If people use the dash network, either to pay, to store, or as a social network, chat... or whatever. The dilution will be less than the price increase.

We will see if the dash platform manages to reverse this problem.

All the best
r_victory

Activity: 1927
Merit: 332

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 06:04:44 PM

The 1st Dash superblock was mined on Sep. 7, 2015. Before the term “Decentralized Autonomous Organization” was even coined, Dash was already successfully putting the concept into practice. More than 6 years later, the Dash DAO continues to operate.

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 02:41:57 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2022, 02:58:06 PM by toknormal

Descending smoothly through long term Dash/BTC support due to lack of competitiveness in the store-of-value department.

Why might that be ?

It might be because masternodes have creamed off $40-$50 million in the last 10 months that should have gone towards attracting bids into our primary market and supported our marketcap. You cannot cream off such amounts into private pockets without paying a price in capital value.

This is the price.

xkcdd

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 03:32:44 PM

Descending smoothly through long term Dash/BTC support due to lack of competitiveness in the store-of-value department.

This is nonsense, Russia!  Now that the DCG CEO has stepped down, Dash has a chance to refresh and get some excitement back into the coin and rebuild trust, in the following months price will improve as we revamp Dash into Dash2.0.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:08:47 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2022, 07:48:01 PM by toknormal

This is nonsense, Russia!

Ah of course ! I forgot that one - I'll have to add it to the inventory. I also forgot that our fully mined competitors were immune to geopolitical events and that Dash is particularly susceptible to the international "military skirmish" factor. That's something else to blame them for - pushing Dash/BTC below its long term support.

Duly appended:

Nº 271: All coins lost value
Nº 386: Hashrate's only a measure of carbon footprint
Nº 364: Dash was in a secular downtrend
Nº 210: we had some large elderly whales sell everything recently
Nº 142: Dash performs poorly leading into December
Nº 176: MNs aren't forced to sell, miners are
Nº 481: The instamine
Nº 482: Russia !!!

not of course...

Nº (unallocated): Drawing revenue from a capital asset beyond its growth rate depletes the marketcap
Pang.

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 09:05:04 PM

This is nonsense, Russia!

Ah of course ! I forgot that one - I'll have to add it to the inventory. I also forgot that our fully mined competitors were immune to geopolitical events and that Dash is particularly susceptible to the international "military skirmish" factor. That's something else to blame them for - pushing Dash/BTC below its long term support.

Duly appended:

Nº 271: All coins lost value
Nº 386: Hashrate's only a measure of carbon footprint
Nº 364: Dash was in a secular downtrend
Nº 210: we had some large elderly whales sell everything recently
Nº 142: Dash performs poorly leading into December
Nº 176: MNs aren't forced to sell, miners are
Nº 481: The instamine
Nº 482: Russia !!!

not of course...

Nº (unallocated): Drawing revenue from a capital asset beyond its growth rate depletes the marketcap

Dash's only problem, and the main reason the price drops, is that you're not buying enough.

You should take advantage and set up a few MNs... this way you could vote for yours own proposals, such as raising the allocation for MNs to 80%

what do you think of the idea?
podpod

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2022, 06:12:30 AM

This is nonsense, Russia!  Now that the DCG CEO has stepped down, Dash has a chance to refresh and get some excitement back into the coin and rebuild trust, in the following months price will improve as we revamp Dash into Dash2.0.

It will be extremely difficult to get some excitement into Dash. 
If you want to transfer big money to someone then yes, its good because its cheap.

But who will buy Dash as an investment? 
xkcdd

View Profile
February 28, 2022, 10:27:55 PM

Probably when the number starts going up again, they will buy, actually Dash is pretty cheap right now, it could reach $200 this year and slightly more next year a trend could build over time.  Also, the network demonstrated its decentralisation last week, this was a good test.  Any new CEO we put into DCG will be an improvement over Ryan, heck even if we leave the role empty it will be an improvement, LOL.
Pang.

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 08:58:48 AM

Probably when the number starts going up again, they will buy, actually Dash is pretty cheap right now, it could reach $200 this year and slightly more next year a trend could build over time.  Also, the network demonstrated its decentralisation last week, this was a good test.  Any new CEO we put into DCG will be an improvement over Ryan, heck even if we leave the role empty it will be an improvement, LOL.

One person should never be above a decentralized project.

I think that for example DCG does continue to exist as an extension of Dash, and is mainly focused on development, as it should be led by an experienced developer in cryptography.

We cannot put a new face of a person who is not related to this world to direct 10 or 20 computer scientists. Computer scientists themselves must know the path they have to take.

who runs BTC? who runs LTC? Doge?

We need experts in their field, not people who don't know their job.

I have worked in markets and human resources management, and I am not surprised by great personal resumes, what interests me is people with clear objectives and with the tools to achieve them.

Marketing is just a tool to spread what people need but don't know they need. And for that, we first have to own something that everyone wants and is inimitable.

I agree with you, that it is better not to have anyone than to have Ryan. Sure he is a good man and I wish him the best, but within DCG, he has failed, we don't know why, maybe one day he will explain it without pressure. But today it is not necessary.

All the best
lawena

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 08:24:40 AM

Probably when the number starts going up again, they will buy, actually Dash is pretty cheap right now, it could reach $200 this year and slightly more next year a trend could build over time.  Also, the network demonstrated its decentralisation last week, this was a good test.  Any new CEO we put into DCG will be an improvement over Ryan, heck even if we leave the role empty it will be an improvement, LOL.
Please, a link or invitation to use the DASH discord channel ?

If you have any suggestions on the best way to receive information, great, thanks. This forum doesn't have much movement, honestly.

Thank you
xkcdd

View Profile
March 10, 2022, 04:54:48 AM

Please, a link or invitation to use the DASH discord channel ?

If you have any suggestions on the best way to receive information, great, thanks. This forum doesn't have much movement, honestly.

Thank you

http://staydashy.com/  will do it.  Cool
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2022, 05:56:13 PM

Dash manoeuvring.
xkcdd

View Profile
March 20, 2022, 11:38:31 PM

Dash manoeuvring.

Yeah saw that.  We spent a long time trying to breakdown at $100, I guess this was the only way.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 [6997] 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: