Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 10:26:55 AM

If Dash achieves a small market niche with the Dash platform, it could gain some traction, and if BTC returns to highs in the next Bull run, maybe we can hover around $250 and try to stabilize around that area.

According to free market economics it should stabilise at masternode operating costs +  a risk premium on the collateral.

Masternode operating costs are around $30 a month which would value Dash at around $5 (based on rewards of 6 Dash per month).

Add a $25 per month risk premium (pretty generous at 600% of operating costs) and you get the stable long term price = $30.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 11:00:18 AM

If Dash achieves a small market niche with the Dash platform, it could gain some traction, and if BTC returns to highs in the next Bull run, maybe we can hover around $250 and try to stabilize around that area.

According to free market economics it should stabilise at masternode operating costs +  a risk premium on the collateral.

Masternode operating costs are around $30 a month which would value Dash at around $5 (based on rewards of 6 Dash per month).

Add a $25 per month risk premium (pretty generous at 600% of operating costs) and you get the stable long term price = $30.

Certainly right now it would be a reasonable price. $30 for each Dash and based on what you can offer today would be acceptable.

But let's think that the platform offers some more incentives in the style of ETH and its chain of smart contracts. It could give us an improvement in its fundamentals, and gain market capitalization.

I remember at least three years ago I said that it would be nice if a part of the budget was spent on buying gold, and that each Dash had a small part of gold that would make whatever happened happen, a Dash would always be worth something... obviously it was preferred pay big salaries to Dash visionaries, rather than use a small portion of the budget to deliver core value to the Dash chain.

All the best
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 11:46:07 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2022, 12:32:24 PM by toknormal

But let's think that the platform offers some more incentives in the style of ETH and its chain of smart contracts. It could give us an improvement in its fundamentals, and gain market capitalization.

I don't think people understand the difference between a monetary asset and a corporate one. We're not investing in shares in a technology company here. Only 2 things are of value in a monetary asset:

• velocity
 • scarcity

That's it. Dash can have all the fancy features it wants but if it doesn't result in upwards pressure on one of those two then its price will always be low. Ether works because it has an ON-CHAIN monetary velocity generator which is that the chain itself serves as a sink for tokens spent on services. You NEED ether to use ether services.

Dash on the other hand does not work like this. It inherits bitcoin's monetary model which is SCARCITY and scarcity comes from MINING because, by definition, scarcity is measured by the marginal cost of acquisition of coin from the primary supply. The more of the supply that's distributed for free rather than exposed to a bidding process, the less "scarcity" you have.

The other way to raise the price through scarcity of course is to have your coin used to pay for goods and services. But this only works if it can hold value in the first place, from the first principles of its protocol priorities. This is why Dash is failing and why the only way to recover from the chronic decay we're in is to get the mining quota right back up to something like 80%. This would at least make it viable again and the "features" would mean something.

Otherwise there's nothing to invest in. The features that Dash will offer are non-unique. They're only unique in the context of a "versatile bitcoin", i.e. a POW coin with a very high mining quota that can ALSO support services.
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 03:27:17 PM

I was looking at patterns on BTC charts, and it seems very possible that the $20K zone is going to be visited.

Yes, if history repeats itself and we have the final capitulation to the 200 day MA then 22K is very likely, even a wick to the 300 day MA is possible which is roughly 16K. However, believe it or not, BTC is still holding a similar pattern to 2013 and if current levels hold for the next several months BTC could go on a final explosive rally before topping out mid-2023 at 6 figures.

Dash, as it has been doing worse than BTC for many years, should go at least if the BTC pattern is fulfilled, to the $20 zone

Very possible.

Is it really profitable for a master node acquired for over $100 to remain in HOLD while waiting to recover the entry value + interest per master node?

Profitable in the short-term? No, but not everyone invests with what they can't afford to lose and not everyone invests with such a short-term horizon for return. Look around you, the legacy fiat system is going to implode. In fact, it's in its dying throes already, people are just oblivious to it for some reason. Things are not going to get better. My bet is people who haven't hedged in an alternative form of wealth like Dash will be forced to accept a type of global CBDC which will track your every move. You will wish for the freedom that most western countries enjoy now.

Whatever happens, really at this point and especially for all those who bought Dash and placed their trust above $100 and have not sold, I believe that it is no longer worth trading at these prices.

Not everyone is a trader. Like I said, some like to hedge for the inevitable. Also, consider anyone that has invested in precious metals in the last decade or so... They only have loses to count especially when you factor in inflation. Yet, I believe that they will be in a much safer position once fiat collapses.

Let's also not forget that we are at more than -95% of the ATH, and I guarantee you that it will never return to this point.

Funny thing is that you can't guarantee anything. A more likely scenario is that Dash goes past its ATH but only once you and others like you capitulate at the bottom.

Sounds like you still have hope. That's good.

The budget, as I told you many months ago, is going to be very reduced, and there will hardly be enough to cover maneuvering expenses. The good thing is that many other currencies do not have the option of self-financing.

Dash is actually well-positioned financially vs other legacy currencies from 2015 or before. It's the newer ones that have millions of dollars in VC-backed investment that are only going to be harder to compete against the longer the bear market lasts. Of course there's always the threat that these VC's will cash out and maybe even kill the coin... My understanding is DCG does have enough reserves to employ everyone for another year at least, so that's something...

The downside is that coins like Zcash or Monero have shown better performance simply by focusing on privacy.

You may notice that historically Dash tends to bottom out higher than those coins as well as top out higher than those coins... but maybe the trend has changed now. Zcash got a major boost in price just by talking about going POS. Do not underestimate Black Rock and their ESG agenda to influence what is considered an acceptable investment in the crypto space. ETH flippening BTC is still very much possible as mining is still perceived by many as environmentally damaging.

Dash has wanted to do so many things that we really haven't put anything that makes a big difference on the table for years.

Yes, perhaps too many things and no identity. Pivoting from privacy certainly has lost it a lot of its original support and hype. Ironically, Dash Platform could facilitate a much superior privacy model. We shall see.

Dash can have all the fancy features it wants but if it doesn't result in upwards pressure on one of those two then its price will always be low. Ether works because it has an ON-CHAIN monetary velocity generator which is that the chain itself serves as a sink for tokens spent on services. You NEED ether to use ether services.

Dash on the other hand does not work like this. It inherits bitcoin's monetary model which is SCARCITY and scarcity comes from MINING because, by definition, scarcity is measured by the marginal cost of acquisition of coin from the primary supply. The more of the supply that's distributed for free rather than exposed to a bidding process, the less "scarcity" you have.

Yet my understanding is that to use Dash Platform you do need to pay in Dash Credits which are only purchasable with Dash... Maybe that's not true? If it is though, how is that not similar to using ETH as gas on Ethereum?

The other way to raise the price through scarcity of course is to have your coin used to pay for goods and services. But this only works if it can hold value in the first place, from the first principles of its protocol priorities. This is why Dash is failing and why the only way to recover from the chronic decay we're in is to get the mining quota right back up to something like 80%. This would at least make it viable again and the "features" would mean something.

Otherwise there's nothing to invest in. The features that Dash will offer are non-unique. They're only unique in the context of a "versatile bitcoin", i.e. a POW coin with a very high mining quota that can ALSO support services.

If mining is considered environmentally destructive than this strategy will back-fire.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 03:35:48 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2022, 03:55:00 PM by toknormal

Yet my understanding is that to use Dash Platform you do need to pay in Dash Credits which are only purchasable with Dash... Maybe that's not true? If it is though, how is that not similar to using ETH as gas on Ethereum?

Is this a joke ? Your advocating Dash pivot to ethereum's monetary model when it's a bitcoin clone ? I explained the basis of Dash's valuation above, it's set in stone. Services are nice but they are an enhancer of that model, not a replacement for it.

If mining is considered environmentally destructive than this strategy will back-fire.

You should not have invested in a POW asset if that's a criteria - specially not one that started off as one and then changed its "mined". Hashrate is the currency of a trustless primary market and if it's found to be "environmental unfriendly" (which it isn't) then some other way will be found but it doesn't alter the core monetary properties of this coin.

It's about exposing the primary supply to competitive bidding on the one hand, or giving it away to existing holders on the other. Nothing to do with the "environment".
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2022, 04:06:07 PM

I missed quizze a lot. I hope the member is fine because the absence is since the pandemic. Best wishes to the most knowledgeable member about DASH on the forum.

In the last 1 year, DASH has its high about $270 and now is around $60. Check 1 year chart on Coinmarketcap. I hope DASH will bounce back to $100 or $120 before the winter comes.

With regulation comes and the bear market of Bitcoin, DASH will not be able to move upward and opposite to the general trend.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jdmcg

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 05:19:43 PM

Is this a joke ? Your advocating Dash pivot to ethereum's monetary model when it's a bitcoin clone ? I explained the basis of Dash's valuation above, it's set in stone. Services are nice but they are an enhancer of that model, not a replacement for it.

Joke? Advocating? No, I'm talking about what's been in development for years now. Am I wrong?

You should not have invested in a POW asset if that's a criteria - specially not one that started off as one and then changed its "mined". Hashrate is the currency of a trustless primary market and if it's found to be "environmental unfriendly" (which it isn't) then some other way will be found but it doesn't alter the core monetary properties of this coin.

It's about exposing the primary supply to competitive bidding on the one hand, or giving it away to existing holders on the other. Nothing to do with the "environment".

Guess what's happening? Ever since ESG made a stink about POW's harmful effects to the environment just over a year ago, BTC and other POW coins topped out. Institutions are very wary of investing in anything that doesn't have Black Rock's special approval. Also, me and many others who invested in Dash and other POW coins did so before this false narrative became "true". If BTC advocates can convince enough people that mining is produced by green energy then we should get another good run.

I'm trying to base things on what I see actually happening, not some emotional outburst.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 06:57:28 PM

Guess what's happening? Ever since ESG made a stink about POW's harmful effects to the environment just over a year ago, BTC and other POW coins topped out. Institutions are very wary of investing in anything that doesn't have Black Rock's special approval.

If this was anything to do with anything then Dash would be at the top of the "mined coins" league, not the bottom because only half of its supply is exposed to competitive mining compared to the others.

So this is just another bogus narrative which deflects from the elephant in the room - that giving away free coins to existing holders beyond the point of diminishing returns has a chronic and corrosive effect on marketcap.

Masternodes are simply overpaid in terms of Dash-denominated rewards so the free market revalues the marketcap downwards to make the dollar value of the reward viable. If we want the dollar value of masternodes to be sustainable then we need to throttle them back in terms of Dash and allow the market to revalue them back upwards in terms of dollars. This will of course have a far greater benefit in terms of capital gain on the collateral but at least it will make the rewards worth something again in terms of income.
jdmcg

View Profile
May 19, 2022, 07:59:46 PM

Guess what's happening? Ever since ESG made a stink about POW's harmful effects to the environment just over a year ago, BTC and other POW coins topped out. Institutions are very wary of investing in anything that doesn't have Black Rock's special approval.

If this was anything to do with anything then Dash would be at the top of the "mined coins" league, not the bottom because only half of its supply is exposed to competitive mining compared to the others.

So this is just another bogus narrative which deflects from the elephant in the room - that giving away free coins to existing holders beyond the point of diminishing returns has a chronic and corrosive effect on marketcap.

Masternodes are simply overpaid in terms of Dash-denominated rewards so the free market revalues the marketcap downwards to make the dollar value of the reward viable. If we want the dollar value of masternodes to be sustainable then we need to throttle them back in terms of Dash and allow the market to revalue them back upwards in terms of dollars. This will of course have a far greater benefit in terms of capital gain on the collateral but at least it will make the rewards worth something again in terms of income.

You're a one-trick pony. While I've always maintained that masternodes are overpaid you speak in absolutes and ignore everything else. So no other variables right? If only we change the ratio to 80/20 then Dash is top 10 again? I seriously doubt it but this is a mostly irrelevant discussion. Good luck!
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2022, 02:00:46 AM

You're a one-trick pony. While I've always maintained that masternodes are overpaid you speak in absolutes and ignore everything else.

I didn't "ignore everything else". I addressed your point that POW was harming Dash's marketcap by pointing out that it wasn't supported by observations. We have half the mining of our competitors and they have from 2 to 10 times our marketcap.

I've also addressed other points that we are simply the "victims of a trend" by indicating the divergence of Dash's trend from our mined peers.

This "pony" remember happens to be Dash's USP - the one thing that it claims to give it a competitive edge over other coins so don't you think it's reasonable to hold that claim to account if it is not reflected in the market position and perhaps ask if it needs refined ?
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2022, 06:38:31 AM

I remember Duffiel and then Taylor discussing the allocation of master nodes, and almost always the idea came out that over time the generous and seemingly "free" allocation would end up being payment for performing complex functions for the network.

We all remember when it was stated that in the last stage of "evolution" powerful computers with a very good connection to the network would be needed, since they would provide very diverse services such as "decentralized cloud" and many other things.

At the moment we have hardly changed anything from the beginning, and the nodes charge for simply paying a server and making some changes from time to time. I accept that just because of the work the assignment became a lot. But if Dash continues to fall in capitalization, that allocation could even be slim if more value isn't added to the network.

I don't think mining will be the problem in the future, nor will masternodes... the problem is that what had to be on the table more than three years ago is not being delivered. If the Dash platform is really to attract people, possibly the allocation of the master nodes is more in line with their work and future cost.

All the best
sujonali1819
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189

Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2022, 12:13:25 PM

Hi guys!

what happened with dash Electrum wallet? I was hold some dash in my dash electrum wallet about a year ago. Recently I can not find the dash electrum wallet in my desktop. Lately I can know that dash electrum is no longer connected. I have the seed phrase. How can I recover my wallet now? Can any expert please help me in this case?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
tranthidung
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3983

Farewell o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2022, 06:01:14 AM

what happened with dash Electrum wallet? I was hold some dash in my dash electrum wallet about a year ago. Recently I can not find the dash electrum wallet in my desktop. Lately I can know that dash electrum is no longer connected. I have the seed phrase. How can I recover my wallet now? Can any expert please help me in this case?
I did not know the DASH Electrum wallet was stopped!

Anyway, I search and get a guide from DASH team on how to recover wallets.
  • Wallet recovery
  • You see they ask users to determine wallet format that you know (I believe). DASH Electrum wallet is no longer available but have you ever checked to recover your wallet with Dash wallet for Android or iOS?
  • Specifically, this one can help you: 12-word phrase on Android

Backup is a phrase of words

• If 12 words long, try to restore using Dash Electrum wallet or Dash wallet for Android or iOS, depending what you used to create the backup
  • If 13 words long, try to restore using Dash Electrum wallet
  • If 12, 18 or 24 or 25 words long, try to restore with the hardware wallet you used to create the recovery phrase

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 08:53:54 AM

Hi guys!

Use the old version of Dash electrum, no need to download updated one.
sujonali1819
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189

Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2022, 09:02:01 AM

HI, Thank you for your reply. The problem already solved.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 09:06:22 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2022, 04:53:19 PM by toknormal

I see we can no longer renew Nord VPN subscriptions with Dash as they've switched from Coinpayments to Coingate which supports just about everything except Dash.

Had to pay with Litecoin instead.

Nice. At least the MN's are still receiving their (diminishing) rewards which are useful for cashing out to USD !  Wink

****** HOW SHOULD WE FIX THIS **********

1. Acknowledge that capital flows invoked by the Dash protocol are sub-optimal because they divert all the capital out of the eco-system (m=MN count has been descending or stable while MN rewards relentlessly get dumped on markets without any countering buy side in the primary market as happens with mining rewards)

2. Acknowledge that Dash is not a stablecoin. It is a digital commodity (the opposite of a stable coin) and that to be competitive it needs to optimise that aspect for external investors. (At the moment Dash is only optimised to firehose half of all new supply to masternodes. But nobody wants to buy masternodes anymore because they know that anywhere above $90 the capital loss on their collateral blows their rewards to Kingdom Come)

3. Compete with bitcoin.

This is Dash's one and only strength. Bitcoin relies on mining so Dash must rely on mining, otherwise it dies. If Dash, as a protocol, can sustain almost as much mining as bitcoin while supporting services (which bitcoin can't) then it will be more competitive and store value. If it stores value it can get used for payments. If it gets used for payments it will rise in ranking. If it rises in ranking it will store value --> and so on, a virtuous cycle is set up instead of the vicious one we have now.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 08, 2022, 05:32:11 PM

You can use Dash as well.
Also, Dash Investment Foundation has a share in EDGE too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL4Eus0FlE4

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2022, 08:57:58 PM

On January 1st 2018 Bitcoin was $15,000 and DASH was $1100.  Today June 11'th 2022 Bitcoin is $28,500 and Dash is less than $50.  I might not have gotten out at the top but I was close and I'm sure glad I dumped those MN's when I did.

Anyone that thinks this garbage coin has a future is mistaken.  DASH = GARBAGE

xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2022, 02:05:38 PM

On January 1st 2018 Bitcoin was $15,000 and DASH was $1100.  Today June 11'th 2022 Bitcoin is $28,500 and Dash is less than $50.  I might not have gotten out at the top but I was close and I'm sure glad I dumped those MN's when I did.

Are you thinking of getting back in?  Why are pessimistic about the future?
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2022, 04:39:58 PM

Are you thinking of getting back in?  Why are pessimistic about the future?

DASH has no future.
Pages: « 1 ... 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: