Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:39:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722674 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:22:03 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:40:21 AM by splawik21

I think the sustainable limit for any coin, including DRK, BTC, LTC etc, is the money required daily to buy the production and keep the price steady.

Bitcoin requires ~1.62mn USD per day (3600 coins X 450$)
Litecoin requires ~288k USD per day (28.800 coins X 10$)
DOGE requires ~81.3k USD per day (180.000.000 coins X 0.000452$)
DRK requires ~24-30k USD per day (4000-5000 coins X 6$)

If DRK goes to 10$ (0.023 like LTC) and block rewards falls to 5 due to the new nvidia miner which can bring tons of hashpower, it'll be 10$ x 2880 coins per day =28.8k USD per day - which is still 1/10th of LTC.

From a financial standpoint, we are seeing something new for PoW coins: The rise of Dark is kept relatively stable in terms of daily money requirements because coin supply diminishes to compensate for the increased price and difficulty. At the same time future quantity / max limit is also taken down the sooner we hit min block reward (from 22mn max coins to something like 16-17mn).

Are you saying that Nvidia cards can mine DRK faster than ATI?
That would be interesting.
YES with ccminer,  my friend have 3 x TITANs and he mines 4,6 Mhs each gpu.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:27:26 AM

What happens to masternodes when mining rewards run out or get very low over time?

Coin price goes up and compensates.

Payments will not run out for many decades.

That doesn't make any sense, masternodes are a big deal to the system and there's no measure in place for what to do as the system ages?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:36:33 AM

What happens to masternodes when mining rewards run out or get very low over time?

Coin price goes up and compensates.

Payments will not run out for many decades.

That doesn't make any sense, masternodes are a big deal to the system and there's no measure in place for what to do as the system ages?

How about we worry about it in 50+ years when the rewards run out? What were we worrying about in 1964 again? It sure wasn't decentralized global cryptocurrencies running on a worldwide network of interconnected computers, I'll tell you that much.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:44:41 AM

Oh my gosh, all these terrible stories!  I suppose for some, it would make them feel better because they're not in such a bad position, but for me, I have an empathy overdrive problem, and I think I'm gonna be sick!  Do all you can to retrieve those coins everyone!  And BACKUP all of your WALLETS!!  Please!  We can't afford to lose any coins, there aren't enough as it is! (IMO, LOL)

Backup, backup, backup!!!  and backup on at least 2 places, and check them often, update them after a while as well!!!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:47:13 AM

MASTERNODE REQUIREMENT WILL ALWAYS BE 1000 DRK:

Masternode requirements are going to be 1000DRK forever, for the following reasons:

- We need a bunch of masternodes, but more is NOT better. They cause chatter on the network saying they're still around and more memory usage everywhere. It's also more processing for the nodes to figure which to use.
- We want them to be reasonable expensive to start now and insanely expensive down the line.
- This will cause a feedback loop which will create upward pressure on price of darkcoin even making it more expensive to start one of these in the future (I detail this concept here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/)
- Every client on the network needs to keep a list of all of these, we don't want a list of 100k
- 10k masternodes @ $1000 is the same thing as 50k @ $200. The only difference is a lower barrier to entry and lower end equipment. In either case it would cost a million to add enough nodes to see half of the traffic.
- Also the clients need to download this list upon booting up
- There's also a consideration for the masternodes themselves. We have 576 blocks per day, If there's 10000 master nodes that means they'll on average get paid once every month and a half. I feel like if that number goes any higher we'll have nodes that won't want to wait to recoup their investment.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:04:13 AM

When will masternodes be brought down to 500drk each?  Grin

There is no plan to reduce the masternode price, sorry.  I assume that if there was a problem keeping enough people interested in running masternodes, that the price would then be reduced.  But if enough people continue to run them, it will not.

Also, regarding an earlier question from someone, I believe Masternodes will earn 10% of all mining profits, so that means when fees are implemented to keep miners working, 10% will go to masternodes.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
djcrypto

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:05:51 AM

Are coins lost if you send them from an old wallet after a hard fork?  Undecided

No they shouldn't be, 'cause it never happened Smiley

He fixed it by updating the wallet to vs 0.9.3.4

Are coins lost if you send them from an old wallet after a hard fork?  Undecided

Nevermind I updated to the new wallet and it finally has the clock progress symbol in my wallet next to the tx.

And just to note it seems crypsty has me listed as pending so it's on their side. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with the coin Smiley

I had to submit a ticket for the deposit to confirm on cryptsy. The response was fast, though.

At Mintpal, the deposit confirmation was nearly instantaneous.
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:06:30 AM

Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2. I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.

How do we compete against clones? Can they clone me? I work on this full time. In fact, I've only been at it four months. So far I've implemented DarkSend + X11 + DGW + Masternode payments. Plus, I've agreed to work on this project till at least Jan 2016 full time. So who on earth would invest in a clone?

I really look forward to the successful implementation of masternode and ring signature. By then, DRK will have a value of 0.1 BTC or even more.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:07:58 AM

So is the darksend more than 10 now?

And what is your rebuttal to byttecoin was the first anonymous coin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:13:15 AM

Bytecoin was unknown until March, so it's been a coin mined etc... by a small group of insiders for the last two years.  Since nobody knew they existed, how could anyone have known?  They also still have no gui, and as only a small group of people own most of the coins, it seems too centric and will have a LOT of growing (community wise) to do to catch up with us.  Darkcoin is WAY ahead of them on all fronts, and I don't think we should take down the sign that says first.  But if it makes everyone happy, we could update it to say 'First known anonymous coin'.   But to tell you the truth, I don't care  Tongue  Grin

OH, and I don't think we can send beyond 10 yet, though I haven't tried.  I seem to remember Evan saying that would be for RC3

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

Bytecoin was unknown until March, so it's been a coin mined etc... by a small group of insiders for the last two years.  Since nobody knew they existed, how could anyone have known?  They also still have no gui, and as only a small group of people own most of the coins, it seems too centric and will have a LOT of growing (community wise) to do to catch up with us.  Darkcoin is WAY ahead of them on all fronts, and I don't think we should take down the sign that says first.  But if it makes everyone happy, we could update it to say 'First known anonymous coin'.   But to tell you the truth, I don't care  Tongue  Grin

OH, and I don't think we can send beyond 10 yet, though I haven't tried.  I seem to remember Evan saying that would be for RC3

Cool answer. is bytecoin really anonymous? And no I wouldn't change it either

This anonymous stuff is quite the bitch to really pull off I guess. What's the deal. I just love seeing these other coins saying they have darksend working. total scams i would imagine lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:34:17 AM

Cool answer. is bytecoin really anonymous? And no I wouldn't change it either

This anonymous stuff is quite the bitch to really pull off I guess. What's the deal. I just love seeing these other coins saying they have darksend working. total scams i would imagine lol

Yes, it is anonymous. It uses CryptoNote's CryptoNight algo. However the pre-mine has put people off. Monero has wiped out the pre-mine and is gaining ground fast. Very active dev's and community just now, with exchanges specifically for CryptoNote coins popping up.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:41:27 AM

Difficulty Darkcoin Block: 2600.825477 (170M)

Hash Rate Darkcoin Total: 70.9GH/s

with these two parametrs for last couple of days, the miners get really not much.

My 4x280x get daily total: 0.360 DRK

so the level of 0,011BTC/DRK is much to undervalued.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:43:07 AM

Masternode requirements are going to be 1000DRK forever, for the following reasons:

- We need a bunch of masternodes, but more is NOT better. They cause chatter on the network saying they're still around and more memory usage everywhere. It's also more processing for the nodes to figure which to use.
- We want them to be reasonable expensive to start now and insanely expensive down the line.
- This will cause a feedback loop which will create upward pressure on price of darkcoin even making it more expensive to start one of these in the future (I detail this concept here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/)
- Every client on the network needs to keep a list of all of these, we don't want a list of 100k
- 10k masternodes @ $1000 is the same thing as 50k @ $200. The only difference is a lower barrier to entry and lower end equipment. In either case it would cost a million to add enough nodes to see half of the traffic.
- There's also a consideration for the masternodes themselves. We have 576 blocks per day, If there's 10000 master nodes that means they'll on average get paid once every month and a half. I feel like if that number goes any higher we'll have nodes that won't want to wait to recoup their investment.

There is no plan to reduce the masternode price, sorry.  I assume that if there was a problem keeping enough people interested in running masternodes, that the price would then be reduced.  But if enough people continue to run them, it will not.

Also, regarding an earlier question from someone, I believe Masternodes will earn 10% of all mining profits, so that means when fees are implemented to keep miners working, 10% will go to masternodes.

Fair enough. Guess I better buy some more dark while its cheap.
HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:55:51 AM

I just tried to sell into the downtrend, so I could buy back more. The uptrend started almost immediately. Lost a few DRK.

First and only attempt to trade. Back to my old strategy of HOLD.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:56:21 AM

Difficulty Darkcoin Block: 2600.825477 (170M)

Hash Rate Darkcoin Total: 70.9GH/s

with these two parametrs for last couple of days, the miners get really not much.

My 4x280x get daily total: 0.360 DRK

so the level of 0,011BTC/DRK is much to undervalued.

Yup, at some point you gotta decide if it's worth it.  With my puny little "rigs" which are my desktop and what used to be our home Minecraft server, LOL, and a brought back from the dead headless computer, and nothing special graphics cards, I don't think I manage even .005 drk a day!  They will be put back to use serving up our minecraft games, maybe tonight.  It's too sickening to see, LOL, and I miss not doing stuff on my desktop.

At some point, the energy consumption and lack of use is just not worth it Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

Fair enough. Guess I better buy some more dark while its cheap.
its hard to know whats going on, its the pump and dump time...
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:00:48 AM

It's quite easy actually.

That was the 5th pump, and each time Darkcoin resisted dump and established new floor much higher. No other coin has done that before.

Time to draw your own conclusions.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:02:01 AM

I just tried to sell into the downtrend, so I could buy back more. The uptrend started almost immediately. Lost a few DRK.

First and only attempt to trade. Back to my old strategy of HOLD.
The same shit man  Grin
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:26:46 AM

It's quite easy actually.

That was the 5th pump, and each time Darkcoin resisted dump and established new floor much higher. No other coin has done that before.

Time to draw your own conclusions.

true..

you cant compare price movement with any scam premined pump and dump coins.

dark has loooot of value behind it and it is why price is not crashing, this is not even possible to make some pump and dump action as volume is even bigger then lite coins is! how can you manipulate that?
Pages: « 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: