Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

I was updating the list of anonymous (promised to be) coins and was skimming through posts in the dreamcoin thread... at some point I read this by the dreamcoin dev:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599854.msg6840209#msg6840209
I really think a lot of you people need to bring it down a notch, aimless threats are not going to help...

I said I would leave if I keep getting threats, the threats better stop. #1 I created Dreamcoin, it is still a solid all around good PoS coin (Better than Blackcoin). #2 - Zerocoin integration is huge, yes everyone wants it, yes everyone wants it now, but same with the iPhone 6 and Darkcoin's DarkSend source, etc. Sometimes things take time, give it time guys, with actual community support, that would be ideal, not trolling me and my personal life and then freaking out if I don't post back within 24 hours....
Needless to say, I lol'ed Cheesy
Solid PoS.... Petrified poop?

How can Proof of Stake ever result in "a solid coin?"

Isn't there enough stupid in here already?

Not everyone knows about the "nothing at stake" attack.

If anyone wants to read about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615843.msg6751334#msg6751334

-->

This is a problem at any stake. Random coalitions to alter the past can be formed at no cost to those colluding.
Checkpointing is not an alternative to decentralized consensus but central override of it.

The same works for Bitcoin, too.

You misunderstand.  The risk isn't that someone could attack the network, it is that they could attack the network with no cost.

Imagine bitcoin worked using a PoS.  An early adopter had acquired 1M BTC at one time in the past but over time he lost/sold/spent/transferred them.   Today he has no bitcoins but the blockchain contains a history of a time when he did have 1M BTC.  If the amount of the stake being used is <1M BTC he could rewrite history not by using coins he has today (a real cost), not by buying millions of mining rigs (a real cost) but by using the history of the coins he once had (no cost).  He has absolutely nothing at risk and nothing to lose.   If he and potentially others decided to attack the network they would rewrite the blockchain starting from when they had a larger stake, creating a parallel history where they didn't lose/sell/spend/transfer the coins. 

They can attack the network based on what they had (but no longer do) in the past.  There is nothing at risk and no cost to the attack.  THAT is the PoS problem.  

If bitcoin miners collude, they could alter the past.

Sure they can, however there is a cost to that attack and there is something at risk which they lose if they fail.  With PoS you can attack the network for "free" using something you had but no longer do.  It is very hard to secure against an attack where the attacker can do so at any time without any cost and without any risk.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

Ignore the trolls lads, when you engage them at their level it reflects badly on all of us...

Jealousy is a disease and DRK is going from strength to strength...

From a project management standpoint, it's always better to iron out bugs through testing than to find them after go-live. Evan did the right thing and for us long term investors, it's a blessing to have some cheap DRK for another week or so.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:15:48 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 12:29:50 AM by Jesse Livermore

Someone with 30 BTC want to buy us above 0.0155? We should see some serious short-term fireworks if we get above that level.
Plus more rallying looks to be fundamentally warranted given the progress being made on darkcointalk. I highly doubt we will have to wait till late-June for RC3.
Just my opinion...
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:31:39 AM

I ignore the trolls, 'cause they're annoying, but I just love reading camosoul's rants against them!  They're awesome.  I had my husband read one a few minutes ago, he laughed!  I actually think he's also a writer as well as a gunsmith, LOL.  He sounds like a hybrid between my husband and daughter, LOL.  More husband style with daughter's vocabulary, LOL.

Keep it up, camosoul !

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:34:06 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 12:44:59 AM by splawik21

ha ha ha Smiley) I knew that when I`ll put 66.66666666 order will be  eaten quick Smiley it was last like 2 minutes Cheesy
there is another one just a bit lower...come on dumpers... mniam mniam.....

EDIT: copying the wallet.dat from darkcoind working will stop it automaticly or will be stopped after moving the coins?

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:41:28 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/27p3to/banks_are_sharing_customer_withdrawals_and_money/
So here's a perfect opportunity to educate Bitcoin redditors on Darkcoin. Some idiots are already talking about monero and cryptonote. Please help enlighten these masses.
And....go.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:49:49 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/27p3to/banks_are_sharing_customer_withdrawals_and_money/
So here's a perfect opportunity to educate Bitcoin redditors on Darkcoin. Some idiots are already talking about monero and cryptonote. Please help enlighten these masses.
And....go.

Let them talk. When someone downloads these clients to use them they'll have the shock of their life.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:52:35 AM

I'm now fully back in the market, this time with a Jackpot coin hedge, so I don't care if the price goes down from here.

I feel so ultra-safe I might even buy another masternode !!!  Cool
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:29:53 AM

And....go.

Let them talk. When someone downloads these clients to use them they'll have the shock of their life.

My bigger point is that there are 200+ comments there and many questions asking 'what can we do to anonymize our bitcoins?'
It's a perfect Darkcoin- educating venue.

camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:48:31 AM

This thread is becoming unreadable, and those that engage in pointless discussion with those who really have no interest in the coin are fueling the fire.
Becoming? It's been useless for about 1200 pages...

If you want useful information, go to darkcointalk.org

I come here for entertainment. There is no such thing as stupid, only those who are so lazy that they can't be bothered to think. We're all born with the same brain. Well, except for retards and the such. Sucks for them [hugs]. I just wish they'd stop posting...
You make me laugh so much!  They tried to tell us our son was mentally retarded when they simply couldn't understand what he was saying (we could...sometimes, LOL)  He was simply autistic, and now he's just plain awesome and smarter and wiser and more creative than anyone I know.  I suspect this is an issue for many could-have-been "retards" that didn't get help, those that didn't have some obvious congenital disease.  And you're funny, 'cause I know you're not talking about people with downs or autism or anything like that  Grin  You're talking about those who choose to be or act as though they're retarded, and I agree Cheesy
I had a neighbor with cerebral palsy when I was growing up. That guy was smarter than most anyone I've met since... Seems being ostracized from society has a lot of benefits. Like reading books... He loved it when I would imitate him. The fact that I could act and talk exactly like him proved that it's not that unique of a thing. Made him feel less like a freak to know it was possible for others to do the same. I doubt anyone with a 'neuro-typical' brain could sort that out... Just tell me I'm being rude, call me names, seize any opportunity to bash someone... Neuro-typicals... I hope they sell me some more DRK... Hope? It's pretty much a guarantee that the dumb-masses will keep doing dumb things... What else are they going to do?

All wildly successful endeavors leverage the stupid. Microsoft. Apple. Democrats. Oil. Tobacco. Make money by helping the stupid stay stupid. People will pay anything to retain their ignorance, and hate anyone who calls them out for it. So don't bother helpujng them. They'll only bite your head off for it. Help them self-destruct and laugh all the way to your encrypted wallet.dat file.

When you're cast from the herd, it's a blessing to see the magically stupid things they do in the name of calling themselves better...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:54:17 AM

Enlightenment comes from within. The personal desire to be rid of ignorance. You can't force it on someone... You can just buy their DRK when they sell it, and let the pain teach them...

Do you really think anything in this forum makes a difference one way or the other? Do you think that's air you're breathing now? Stop trying to hit me and hit me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8

Guns. Lots of guns...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
nizaifang

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:05:40 AM

I'm now fully back in the market, this time with a Jackpot coin hedge, so I don't care if the price goes down from here.

I feel so ultra-safe I might even buy another masternode !!!  Cool

Lets not be delusional, all it takes is one mistake or one delay to cause huge problems. That's the risk we take.
what happened to the price??
 Sad

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZbpicPdpH9mm4CLVoB3WNBPXptub3k6aX
Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! Vbtc314G8SrpNqLDBNznzUDCyJ2eDPN3dg[/color]
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

Stupid people. Buy their DRK and fill your own hot tub.

These "people" want to buy me a shiny new Tesla Model S for every day of the month...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:16:56 AM

I feel so ultra-safe I might even buy another masternode !!!  Cool

Lets not be delusional, all it takes is one mistake or one delay to cause huge problems. That's the risk we take.
 Sad
While I still have my core holdings, I've sold all of my coin I use to trade and lower my price point.  Reason being, the fundamentals, at present, have changed.  Darkcoin currently has a centralized point of failure.  Granted, it's only temporary according to Evan and I do believe in him as a coder, but until DRK does not have a centralized point of failure, I cannot invest more and feel the trend will be down as I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:20:08 AM

While I still have my core holdings, I've sold all of my coin I use to trade and lower my price point.  Reason being, the fundamentals, at present, have changed.  Darkcoin is currently has a centralized point of failure.  Granted, it's only temporary according to Evan and I do believe in him as a coder, but until DRK does not have a centralized point of failure, I cannot invest more and feel the trend will be down as I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.
Interesting perspective... I see it more as a central point of double-checking. Optional checkpoint server. I'd like to see it remain for all time, but in a non-authoritative manner, from the network's perspective. A place to see where some pool or exchange might be getting it all wrong, intentionally or otherwise.

Currently is has more power than I'd like, as well. But as described above, I believe such infrastructure could have a long-term place.

Gotta go. Binge Watching every movie ever made with Clint Eastwood in it on the 70in LCD that the stupid people bought me while cuddling with my Kel Tec RFB that the stupid people also bought for me. Still deciding what my Tesla's personalized license plate should be....

6UL DV8?
DRK FTW?
TKSSTPD?
FUK DUM?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:22:19 AM

While I still have my core holdings, I've sold all of my coin I use to trade and lower my price point.  Reason being, the fundamentals, at present, have changed.  Darkcoin is currently has a centralized point of failure.  Granted, it's only temporary according to Evan and I do believe in him as a coder, but until DRK does not have a centralized point of failure, I cannot invest more and feel the trend will be down as I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.
Interesting perspective... I see it more as a central point of double-checking. Optional checkpoint server. I'd like to see it remain for all time, but in a non-authoritative manner, from the network's perspective. A place to see where some pool or exchange might be getting it all wrong, intentionally or otherwise.

Currently is has more power than I'd like, as well. But as described above, I believe such infrastructure could have a long-term place.
I have no problem with it remaining as a backup or double-checking solution.  But right now, it is the primary solution and as I base my investment on fundamentals, I cannot invest more at present.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:25:03 AM

I have no problem with it remaining as a backup or double-checking solution.  But right now, it is the primary solution and as I base my investment on fundamentals, I cannot invest more at present.
Point taken. But... Doesn't that make it a buy opportunity? The first one that isn't based on FUD?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:25:11 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 02:40:03 AM by AlexGR

While I still have my core holdings, I've sold all of my coin I use to trade and lower my price point.  Reason being, the fundamentals, at present, have changed.  Darkcoin currently has a centralized point of failure.  Granted, it's only temporary according to Evan and I do believe in him as a coder, but until DRK does not have a centralized point of failure, I cannot invest more and feel the trend will be down as I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

- If checkpointing is temporarily enforced to provide a safety net for potential forking => some will express "centralization" concerns and say they will sell.
- If random forking remains a threat during the next upgrade => some will have uncertainties regarding forking and might want to express their desire to sell to avoid a similar issue
- If you wait another 2 months to debug the shit out of masternode payments => some will say "ohhh more delays, let's sell"

You can't satisfy everyone...

PS. It's good though to have investor pressure in order to deliver the best product possible.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:25:59 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 02:44:23 AM by AlexGR

DRK FTW?

sounds good... post a pic when you put the license plate on Cool
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:36:21 AM

News Article: Is Darkcoin set to soar with new hardfork.
http://www.cityam.com/blog/1402314753/darkcoin-set-soar-new-hardfork
Pages: « 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: