Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 [1759] 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

8. Honorcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises

Disintegrated into a scam coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Some of the most popular DRK trolls had this in their signature. I have said it in the past and it seems more and more like a possibility that the DRK trolls have a scam ring going with multiple scam coins launched within the last 2-3 weeks in particular. Some of the scammers then lead the gullible into a "reluanch" of the scam coin aka a pigeon hole outfit to rob them again.

Cry foul about DRK, launch scam coin in background, unload coins to exchange, relaunch scam coin as a messiah, cry DRK foul. Rinse and Repeat.

1. XC (X11 / PoW/PoS): It's going at it the wrong way (trusted nodes + coin forwarding from wallet to wallet - leading to lost coins / potential for stealing). They will have to change strategy.
2. Cloak (X13 / PoW/PoS): Laundering through exchanges, LOL
3. Mastiffcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Laundering through exchanges, LOL
4. Vericoin (Scrypt / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
5. Pinkcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Centralized mixer
6. Cryptcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
7. Libertycoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
8. Honorcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises (SCAM)
9. Dreamcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
10. Cinni: (Scrypt / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
11. Boost: (X13 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
12. Anoncoin (PoW Scrypt): IP obfuscation
13. TIPS (PoW Scrypt): Centralized mixer
14. Bytecoin-BCN (PoW): 99% premine of circulating coins + problematic codebase coupled with good anonymity (+2 years in development and still in infancy regarding basic stuff like GUI)
15. Bytecoin clones (PoW): Increasing in numbers every day diluting that field. MRO gets a special mention due to being the first clone. BBR gets another special mention for having a good dev. Still they experience significant problems due to the new codebase.
16. Zerocoin: DOA (?) / delayed for months
17. NXT (PoS): In discussions relative to anonymous implementation

vs

Darkcoin: DarkSend works right now (trustless/decentralized mixing). There are a few bugs to be sorted out in masternode payments.
^^^^^
I dont get why people are so stupid...sheep....Looking to make quick money at such high risk....buy the dev..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:26:11 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/
Darkcoin 24 hour volume: $695,167
Interesting. Does anyone know how ofter coinmarketcap updates? It's only 25 minutes later and coinmarketcap now says Darkcoin 24 hour volume is $ 1,082,790. Has there been a sudden huge spike in volume? I notice the prices often take a while to update but I hadn't been paying much attention to volume updates.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:29:48 PM

DRK working its way through the resistance.

Some meaty cash outs on the dips as the rescue platform arrives to pick up relieved traders that got stuck up in the rafters during the crash, but plenty of takers for their bags at the same time.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin

Just an FYI to everyone here, The Darkcoin Facebook page is calling Darkcoin a scam and linking a Hazard Article. I assume the page was hacked.

these guys are NOT affiliated with DRK !

this is the official page !!
https://www.facebook.com/DarkcoinOfficial

Please Report as scam and unlike .. this is just not cool  Angry
https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin/timeline

If you click that "I dont like this post" > It's spam > Darkcoin's account is hacked or This is a fake account
then maybe it will be taken down

tx for posting this

Join us on the Official Page:
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:36:57 PM

Me again.
Please help if you can.
Even 0.50 DRK helps.

Some will get mad that I am begging again,  but it's not for me, but for a friend of mine who was robbed of all his coins by a trojan (LTC).
So I started a charity for him as I think DRK has better future than LTC.

Please read more in my signature.
And thanks to everyone who donated till now.

Hey your friend need to download Comodo internet security (firewall and hips ON) it's one of the best protection in the world for windows OS.

Turn on the "Paranoid mode" from HIPS protection and learn to use it properly.

Kiss

He should have had all the coins in cold storage paper wallet, or at least split on 5 different computers.
And should have invested 2 days in Ubuntu or other Linux, then he would not have the nasty windows trojan horse.

I am really sorry for him, as it was his savings (lives in country where normal wage is around 450-500 euro/month for not management-not engineer positions).
That's why I am 'begging' for some coins for him, and DRK thread because I am myself in DRK (mining, p2pool node ...).

Once again, thanks for any coin you can spare.
You can check the balance of the paper wallet address I created for him following the post in signature.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:38:35 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 01:34:13 PM by tungfa

Privacy in Style !
Join us on the official Facebook Page:

sukottosan_d

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

There is something I have noticed about this currency that I haven't seen talked about a whole lot, so I would like to point it out.
I deduced that this would be the case when I went all-in back in early March. Smart Money has recognized what DRK is. The Pump and Dump PEOPLE will Pump and Dump any coin they see. Has nothing to do with the coin. What y ou observe is the result of the fact that a lot more than Pump and Dump is present here. This is why typical crypto trading ideologies don't work. Typical crypto trading ideologies are based on shitcoins, and DRK is not a shitcoin. The Smart Money says so, and you've just shone a spotlight on the proof.

There are a LOT of people like me focusing on DRK. We've watched the shitcoins. We saw BTC's rise. We know DRK is BTC 2.0. BTC was an experiment. Is an experiment. DRK finds the soft spots and hardens them. BTC Foundation is a mish-mash of do-nothings and dirt-bags and they'll never add masternodes. They won't touch the codebase for fear of shockwaves among the stupid people up to their eyeballs in hype and cluelessness. Some has to fill the delta between detected soft spots, and making them not soft anymore. It is inevitable. And it's called DRK. DRK doesn't have to worry about upsetting a bunch of dumbasses incapable of seeing the MtGox debacle a year in advance and crying about the community owes them... It doesn't have the encumbrances that petrify BTC and prevent that experiment from evolving it's own Proof of Service/masternode concept. Everyone else wants to call it a half-measure while re-inventing a wheel that doesn't need to be re-invented... The Smart Money sees what this is. Even if XC/MRO etc were finished projects, they're mostly pre-vestigial work that doesn't need to be done. Cryptonote based coins answer questions nobody asked while creating more problems than they solve... DRK is the only one that's moving up without trying to haul a ton of ego lard along with it. That's not to say there are not interesting ideas out there. There are. But they're just one part of a puzzle and don't work as a solitary coin.

The most interesting is DogeCoin. It proved that a coin can work even with infinite inflation because that infinite inflation by means of PoW resulting in massive distribution and use. We were used to thinking that coin supply had to be very carefully controlled. We were organically proven wrong by a coin that was meant to be a joke. What was once thought to be the ultimate important facet of a coin turned out to be almost irrelevant. It's not the meme, it's the fact that anyone can mine a useful portion. It puts it in everyone's hands. If everyone has a coin, everyone can spend a coin. Adoption becomes wildly lopsided. Any time something is wildly lopsided, it evens out proportionally to how lopsided it is. The more crazy the slope, the faster it slides to the other side. this has been a far more important thing than anything else in crypto. Even (claimed) anoncoins.

Was thinking of saying something similar myself, as I bet the rest of "us" were thinking to speak in some way. Most of us are quiet, we don't complain, we stay faithful, because we were in early and even if the current price drops 10x, we are still way up.....but we know it won't because we have evaluated everything interesting and making progress out there - and this is #1 for most of us. I know it is for me.
hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:55:53 PM

Me again.
Please help if you can.
Even 0.50 DRK helps.

Some will get mad that I am begging again,  but it's not for me, but for a friend of mine who was robbed of all his coins by a trojan (LTC).

Hey your friend need to download Comodo internet security (firewall and hips ON) it's one of the best protection in the world for windows OS.

Kiss

He should have had all the coins in cold storage paper wallet, or at least split on 5 different computers.
And should have invested 2 days in Ubuntu or other Linux, then he would not have the nasty windows trojan horse.

I am really sorry for him, as it was his savings (lives in country where normal wage is around 450-500 euro/month for not management-not engineer positions).
That's why I am 'begging' for some coins for him, and DRK thread because I am myself in DRK (mining, p2pool node ...).

You can check the balance of the paper wallet address I created for him following the post in signature.

The problem is that, some users need to learn how to secure their computer, linux/mac is not really a solution... your friend will download less cracked tools than when he use a windows OS, but he can be hacked too.

So be careful when you download something.

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:04:58 PM

There is something I have noticed about this currency that I haven't seen talked about a whole lot, so I would like to point it out.
There are a LOT of people like me focusing on DRK. We've watched the shitcoins. We saw BTC's rise. We know DRK is BTC 2.0. BTC was an experiment. Is an experiment. DRK finds the soft spots and hardens them. BTC Foundation is a mish-mash of do-nothings and dirt-bags and they'll never add masternodes. They won't touch the codebase for fear of shockwaves among the stupid people up to their eyeballs in hype and cluelessness. Some has to fill the delta between detected soft spots, and making them not soft anymore. It is inevitable. And it's called DRK. DRK doesn't have to worry about upsetting a bunch of dumbasses incapable of seeing the MtGox debacle a year in advance and crying about the community owes them... It doesn't have the encumbrances that petrify BTC and prevent that experiment from evolving it's own Proof of Service/masternode concept.

I'm not a coder, but why would you want anyone messing with the BTC codebase?  As a holder of DRK or any other altcoin you don't want anything and I mean anything to go wrong with Bitcoin.  Bitcoin has its foot in the door to mainstream media and usage just the way it is and alt coins will ride its coattails for the time being.  Any major problem with Bitcoin would set digital currencies back years and a lot of years. 
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:07:04 PM

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:7903/static/

Enjoy e-pool mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
thefrog

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:21:18 PM

Me again.
Please help if you can.
Even 0.50 DRK helps.

Kiss

The problem is that, some users need to learn how to secure their computer, linux/mac is not really a solution... your friend will download less cracked tools than when he use a windows OS, but he can be hacked too.

So be careful when you download something.

People from the Windows world are just less security aware, as they just have to hit all the OK buttons to install something, and never really read whats written.

OSX/Linux/Unix people on the other side tend to
OSX - pay for the software, if they need it, as its much less hassle and saves time which you spend on real work
Linux/Unix - understand what they do normally. And system helps them to understand what is going on.

But I agree with you, its people, not the OS in the end.

I have a theory about overload of information, where 90% of people then can not distinguish what is important and what is not, and just take thinks as they are and don't reflect about them anymore.

paulo_thork

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:23:13 PM

8. Honorcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises

Disintegrated into a scam coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Some of the most popular DRK trolls had this in their signature. I have said it in the past and it seems more and more like a possibility that the DRK trolls have a scam ring going with multiple scam coins launched within the last 2-3 weeks in particular. Some of the scammers then lead the gullible into a "reluanch" of the scam coin aka a pigeon hole outfit to rob them again.

Cry foul about DRK, launch scam coin in background, unload coins to exchange, relaunch scam coin as a messiah, cry DRK foul. Rinse and Repeat.

1. XC (X11 / PoW/PoS): It's going at it the wrong way (trusted nodes + coin forwarding from wallet to wallet - leading to lost coins / potential for stealing). They will have to change strategy.
2. Cloak (X13 / PoW/PoS): Laundering through exchanges, LOL
3. Mastiffcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Laundering through exchanges, LOL
4. Vericoin (Scrypt / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
5. Pinkcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Centralized mixer
6. Cryptcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
7. Libertycoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
8. Honorcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises (SCAM)
9. Dreamcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
10. Cinni: (Scrypt / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
11. Boost: (X13 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises
12. Anoncoin (PoW Scrypt): IP obfuscation
13. TIPS (PoW Scrypt): Centralized mixer
14. Bytecoin-BCN (PoW): 99% premine of circulating coins + problematic codebase coupled with good anonymity (+2 years in development and still in infancy regarding basic stuff like GUI)
15. Bytecoin clones (PoW): Increasing in numbers every day diluting that field. MRO gets a special mention due to being the first clone. BBR gets another special mention for having a good dev. Still they experience significant problems due to the new codebase.
16. Zerocoin: DOA (?) / delayed for months
17. NXT (PoS): In discussions relative to anonymous implementation

vs

Darkcoin: DarkSend works right now (trustless/decentralized mixing). There are a few bugs to be sorted out in masternode payments.
^^^^^
I dont get why people are so stupid...sheep....Looking to make quick money at such high risk....buy the dev..

I do not understand why people migrated to darkcoin after asic appear in litecoin what they will do when you leave ASIC X11 will change again!
Vertcoin is the only currency that is anti ASIC!
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:24:36 PM

Me again.
Please help if you can.
Even 0.50 DRK helps.

(sorry friends, I'll get a little off-topic here, please, excuse me)

Do you only accept Darkcoin donations? I am way too attached to my DRKs to donate them, but I could make a small donation in another altcoin (ANI). If you accept it, please, let me know.

All the best for you and your friend and families.
SoapMaker

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

There are a LOT of people like me focusing on DRK. We've watched the shitcoins. We saw BTC's rise. We know DRK is BTC 2.0. BTC was an experiment. Is an experiment. DRK finds the soft spots and hardens them. BTC Foundation is a mish-mash of do-nothings and dirt-bags and they'll never add masternodes. They won't touch the codebase for fear of shockwaves among the stupid people up to their eyeballs in hype and cluelessness. Some has to fill the delta between detected soft spots, and making them not soft anymore. It is inevitable. And it's called DRK. DRK doesn't have to worry about upsetting a bunch of dumbasses incapable of seeing the MtGox debacle a year in advance and crying about the community owes them... It doesn't have the encumbrances that petrify BTC and prevent that experiment from evolving it's own Proof of Service/masternode concept.

+10000000 this is exactly what I've been feeling for a while but you've said it better than I could. Bitcoin is paralyzed by all the hype. Anonymity is the least important concern for the bitcoin foundation & the corporate cheerleading squad. It's up to Darkcoin now. Btc 2.0 indeed ! Thanks for sharing that.

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

+10000000 this is exactly what I've been feeling for a while but you've said it better than I could. Bitcoin is paralyzed by all the hype. Anonymity is the least important concern for the bitcoin foundation & the corporate cheerleading squad. It's up to Darkcoin now. Btc 2.0 indeed ! Thanks for sharing that.

Well said !
…>>
Privacy in Style !
Join us on the official Facebook Page:

parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:43:06 PM

Hey guys, was there some good news?

Or is this just darkcoin rebounding, totally normal, like it always does? lmao

thanks!

p.s. just want to point out that this is literally the third crash since the huge rise, and EVERY TIME it rebounds quickly and reasonably...
kufan

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:45:01 PM

it become much better.
dark coin , to the moon.
thefrog

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:46:45 PM

Hey guys, was there some good news?

Or is this just darkcoin rebounding, totally normal, like it always does? lmao

thanks!

p.s. just want to point out that this is literally the third crash since the huge rise, and EVERY TIME it rebounds quickly and reasonably...

Probably hit 50 or 61.8 Fibo retracement, and bounced off it.
Or just people came back from holidays (as it was free day yesterday in many countries) and realized coin has potential and good price for re-buy.

hashnine

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:53:17 PM

People from the Windows world are just less security aware, as they just have to hit all the OK buttons to install something, and never really read whats written.

OSX/Linux/Unix people on the other side tend to
OSX - pay for the software, if they need it, as its much less hassle and saves time which you spend on real work
Linux/Unix - understand what they do normally. And system helps them to understand what is going on.

But I agree with you, its people, not the OS in the end.

I have a theory about overload of information, where 90% of people then can not distinguish what is important and what is not, and just take thinks as they are and don't reflect about them anymore.

Yes i agree but i talk about that windows users who come to linux without using any security, because they think linux is already securised.
One of my friend is like that.

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Pretty big wall around 0.017.  Anyone want to buy a Masternode or 2 ?  Grin

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
Pages: « 1 ... 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 [1759] 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: